As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[TF2] Pyromania Update Day 3! MEET THE PYRO RELEASED! Do you believe in magic?

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Who's ready to get a song stuck in there head!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ7ll3x-90s&feature=watch_response

X22wmuF.jpg
  • That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    To everyone I hung out with at PAX. You are some of the most awesome nerds I have ever had the privilege of hanging out with. The TF2 dinner was fun and it was great hanging out with ebo, crash, ms. crash, bear, kakos and so many others. You guys made PAX really fun for me. I took over 1100 pictures this weekend, but I will start going through them tomorrow and uploading the good ones.

• UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    Fuck yeah man. We're just packing up and getting ready to head home tomorrow afternoon, and we'll be back Wed night, so we'll have to get some tuftoo going.

But yes, this PAX was amazingly fun, it was awesome meeting the new people I hadn't met yet*, and hanging out with the people I did last year, again. Getting to play TF2 with the group (and playing stoneyridge), even for a short amount of time, was fucking awesome.

You guys* are some cool nerds, I guess.

*Except Bear

• mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    Who's ready to get a song stuck in there head!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ7ll3x-90s&feature=watch_response

How could I get that stuck in my head. It's unintelligible crap.

• Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I really wish non-valve servers would stop breaking the call vote button. Actually I wish they'd stop using a lot of mods that break the game, like ones the break autoscramble, or impose ridiculous class limits. I really don't understand why they feel the need to pile on worthless mods and horrible custom maps (which is to say, 99.9% of custom maps).

This normally isn't a problem, but the official servers have been down for almost a week now. I like that people who play on non-valve servers are generally better at the game, but the mod problem makes it virtually unplayable.

Monkey Ball Warrior on
    "I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    I would like to echo to above sentiments regarding the TF2 nerds making PAX a successful and enjoyable experience.

A definite highlight is getting to punch Ebo in the arm right after he headshot my medic right at the beginning of the round before I was about to uber @BEAST! That will be a memory I'm going to cherish every time he does it again over the Internet. Just hanging out with the Crashes, Ebo, That_Guy, Kakos, Hey You, Pablo, and everyone was was definitely better than anything else I did at PAX itself.

Next time I attend PAX I'll make sure to treat all of you, even Crash, to some crème brûlée.

Also please make with the picture posting soon!

• Pablo the PenguinPablo the Penguin Registered User regular
    I think the highlight of the TF2 meetup was crash suddenly realizing he didn't need to slap people in game, and that he could slap people in real life!

That part was good.

Also hooray that was the thing I had to remember, Bear! Woo! I'm so not going to try typing that out on my phone.

Got all the pictures from PAX uploaded and in slideshow format for easy viewing.

Raw images: http://profile.imageshack.us/user/thatguy3141/ (select east for all of this year's pics.
    Slideshow: http://mypicpals.com/view-slideshow.php?sid=275035

• Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    Significant enough amounts of time have passed to where I would consider playing this game "retro" and therefore cool again.

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
    Significant enough amounts of time have passed to where I would consider playing this game "retro" and therefore cool again.

DX9 is still not retro yet. A game has to be 10 years old for me to consider it retro.

• BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    That_Guy wrote: »

DX9 is still not retro yet. A game has to be 10 years old for me to consider it retro.
    -dxlevel 81. Released in 2001, also makes game look older. Couple with a performance config to make it look even worse.

Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
    I like my photo-bombs in the TF2 dinner pictures.

• blAAAm!!!blAAAm!!! Cleveland, OhioRegistered User regular
    sup everyone. nice to meet some of you Saturday night

• GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    blAAAm!!! wrote: »
    sup everyone. nice to meet some of you Saturday night

man, it's always a little weird to see two communities you participate in (even adjacent ones) bleed together.

sup blam.

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    WTB moar mans in server.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    Sorry, can't TF2. It's either playoffs or stoneyridge lighting these days.

• Lindsay Bluth FunkeLindsay Bluth Funke Registered User regular
    What's up broskies?

Long time no see... so long, in fact, that I didn't even recognize the forum just now.

Live free or die
    Holy shit it's Lindsay.

• ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    What's up broskies?

Long time no see... so long, in fact, that I didn't even recognize the forum just now.
    What is up yourself, sis...ky?

We haven't been playing a whole lot lately, but it would've been nice to see you at PAX!

Please, call me ebo.
  • Lindsay Bluth FunkeLindsay Bluth Funke Registered User regular
    ebotastic wrote: »
    What's up broskies?

We haven't been playing a whole lot lately, but it would've been nice to see you at PAX!

Ebo! :)

I really wanted to be there... but I had to live vicariously through HeyYou instead. I did see a few pics, and it looks like I really missed out - looks like you all had a grand ol' time there!

I won't be missing the next one, that's fo' sho'.

Live free or die
  • ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    ebotastic wrote: »
    What's up broskies?

Ebo! :)

I really wanted to be there... but I had to live vicariously through HeyYou instead. I did see a few pics, and it looks like I really missed out - looks like you all had a grand ol' time there!

I won't be missing the next one, that's fo' sho'.
    :D

Horses would have to drag me away for me to miss PAX East!

edit: Also, Hey You has a wonderful beard. You should encourage him to keep it!

ebotastic on
    Please, call me ebo.
    Hey You's beard is lush.

I want to trim it like a bonzai tree.

Form that shit into art.
    It's magical, is what I'm saying.
    I wish I would've pet it.

edited April 2012
    When your team tells you the point is clear, don't fucking believe them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfBMr44RAJk

Mentally insert a zoidberg "woop woop woop" after I chop the demo.

xzzy on
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    come vs saxton hale with me

server is red.ocrtf2.com:27015

• Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    Calling all nerds to HonC!

• spafeyspafey Registered User regular
    Just got hooked back onto tuftoo, installing the maps and then I will be happy to shoot y'all :)

I ate the entire cake. At one point, I remember becoming aware of the oppressive fullness building inside of me, but I kept eating out of a combination of spite and stubbornness. No one could tell me not to eat an entire cake - not my mom, not Santa, not God - no one. I would eat cake whenever I damn well pleased. It was my cake and everyone else could go fuck themselves.
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    Load of us will be playing TF2 in about half an hour

Lets get the server revived a bit for a day

Beta just updated:

-Sync'd with recent changes from Team Fortress 2
    -Added the "no crit" attribute to The Enforcer

persona4celestia.jpg
    Playing the beta will also award drops for your non-beta account, which is kind of a big deal.

edited April 2012
    And a update just dropped for realtuf.
    Updates to Team Fortress 2, Day of Defeat: Source and Half-Life 2: Deathmatch have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Source Engine Changes (TF2, DoD:S, HL2:DM)
    Fixed server crash exploit related to audio buffer overruns
    Fixed server crash caused by using changelevel2
    Updated console logging system to minimize opening and closing of files, greatly improving performance under certain conditions
    Additional improvements for client/server stability

Team Fortress 2
    Added the Texas Half-Pants and the Bolt Action Blitzer
    Updated the Teufort Tooth Kicker so it can also be equipped by the Engineer
    Updated the Scrap Pack so it can now be crafted, gift-wrapped, and traded

Updated the Short Circuit
    -Fixed projectiles not being cleared if they were blocked by buildings or other projectiles
    -Fixed not incrementing the "How the Pests Was Gunned" achievement for destroyed stickies

Fixed being able to place buildings in nobuild zones
    Fixed Red team Pyros being able to grief teammates by attacking them with the flamethrower and then switching to team Spectator during the attack
    Added the ability to remove Strange parts via the Restore button in the backpack
    Added the ability to reset scores on Strange items via the Restore button in the backpack
    Crates now display their series number in the backpack view
    Added new "tf_hud_no_crosshair_on_scope_zoom" to the Advanced Options menu
    Fixed using the "inspect" command to Spy-check teammates
    Fixed the Bazaar Bargain increasing its head count while shooting at ÜberCharged enemies
    Fixed defense buffs reducing crush and telefrag damage
    Fixed a bug that would cause Medics to reduce the health of heal targets if the target had earned more health than their normally allowed max overheal
    The Cozy Camper’s description now correctly reflects the actual speed reduction while scoped and is now applied correctly when using the Huntsman (speed for the other rifles remains unchanged)
    Add the object entindex to the object_deflected game event
    本地化檔案已更新

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    Those pants look like they cover up a very large amount of an engineer's color.

And it's paintable.

God dammit, Valve.

That said, they'll go well with my spurs.

I think color-wise it's fine, the red/blue parts of the engy are his shirt, the legs are a neutral slate.

Oh yeah, that's true.

But I still don't look forward to neon pink engineer running around.

Also, you know what would be nice? If Hammer didn't go apeshit whenever Valve updates TF2.

It's just the frill bits that's paint-able, apparently.

And the alternate styles are either like a light tanish or a dark brown.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • spafeyspafey Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Everyone get online so I can kill you.

edit:(Everyone is already online :P)

spafey on
    I ate the entire cake. At one point, I remember becoming aware of the oppressive fullness building inside of me, but I kept eating out of a combination of spite and stubbornness. No one could tell me not to eat an entire cake - not my mom, not Santa, not God - no one. I would eat cake whenever I damn well pleased. It was my cake and everyone else could go fuck themselves.
    Just FYI, no one on the server right now is actually a PA-er, as far as I can tell.

Your experience may vary.

And by vary I mean someone might be a total cock-shit.

• Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    Awww man I want those chaps but I already have too many awesome engy miscs. I need like 4 or 5 misc slots for the engineer I don't care if people are already qq my computer can't run tf2 because I want to be fabulous!

This discussion has been closed.