Options

[mini] Phalla Club- I am Jack's Temporary Thread

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    jackisreal was pretty crazy go nuts last phalla I played with him. And this time he is extreamly toned down by comparison. Is it because he is a secret mafia and dosent want to attract too much attention?

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    bobcesca baaaaaaaa!

• Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    Look, birds generally steer me well in phalla, so if this bird wants to try !Bobcesca then I'm down.

• Options
    Dammit schuss we said don't vote together on the mafia boards

• Options
    corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    you are all spineless weaklings.

• Options
    jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    Considering the likely mafia:villager ratio in this phalla this bobcesca vote is going down a little too easily...
    Bedlam wrote:
    jackisreal was pretty crazy go nuts last phalla I played with him. And this time he is extreamly toned down by comparison. Is it because he is a secret mafia and dosent want to attract too much attention?

hahaaaa yeah it's a combination of me being busier than usual and trying a new 'survival' tactic, not that I really have any reason to

also I am the mafiaest thing, so there's that.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Yeah, guys, blowing me up isn't going to net you a mafia. FYI.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    whatever. Khulmeye

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    jackisreal is the answer.

PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    Note dosed...

• Options
    Aaron was biking past a independent free trade coffee shop and decided to stop in from a drink. Removing his helmet from his head, he ordered up and organic, deceffinated chai latte with soy milk and rice extracts. All of this was said while not really paying much attention as he was too busy imaginging how much good he was doing by supporting independent farmers earn decent wages. Unfortunately for Aaron, his daydreaming made him look rather aloof and indignant. In what seemed to him was an instant, but was actually about half a minute, the owner, employees and even customers of this coffee shop had bundled him up in some used cable ties and were hauling him off to the nearest bridge. Just like an action movie, Aaron was thrown onto a passing garbage boat heading for the nearest tip. However, unlike the movies, this boat was not as soft as it looks and he broke 3 bones and was not noticed until the ship docked, 3 towns over.

Detective Stern was parked outside a particularly vocal citizen's house... Watching...His eyes wandered between the front door, the windows and the roof of his targets home. So intense was his gaze that he didn't notice the black figures that snuck up on him and planted a small explosive charge under his car.

Unlike the perfect examples of homemade precision that the past explosives had been, the ones prepared today were rushed and contained impurities. This rendered them especially volatile and liable to explode prematurely if handled incorrectly. Which they did. Two black figures were claimed mid-transit by such an explosion with only eyewitness reports able to identify the victims.

The Dead
    Bobcesca, villager - Vote
    Jackisreal, Detective Stern - Exploded

Slym, Project Mayhem member - Exploded
    Bedlam, Spacemonkey - Exploded

• Options
    how many *$%#@^(! spacemonkeys are there?

• Options
    heads up losers, also interesting.

difference between spacemonkey and project mayhem member?

• Options
    jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    Six days from retirement noooOooOoOoOooOOoooOOOooooo

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    corvidae wrote:
    how many *$%#@^(! spacemonkeys are there?
    o0o0o

Look, the people you are after are the people you depend on. We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances. We guard you while you sleep. Do not... fuck with us.

o0o0o

• Options
    man.... getting down to the wire. i'm out of leads....

gonna wing it.... schuss

• Options
    !kuhlmeye, so there.

• Options
    !corvidae is my choice.

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    kuhlmeye wrote:
    !corvidae is my choice.

It seems pretty obvious to me that corvidae isn't evil, so I'm going to go with Kuhlmeye

• Options
    schuss then meanie face.

• Options
    Ok, I'll admit that I'm actually feeling schuss more than kuhlmeye. I wanted to get my point across that I think a corv vote is pretty horrible.

• Options
    I've got nothing .... Too quiet... Not good at all...

• Options
    Vote Closed

• Options
    It had been a long day for Glenn as he pushed his mobile sandwich cart around the shopping district. As he turned a corner to head down the whitegoods lane he was accosted by a rather large number of fellow shopkeepers.
    "Sir, we've decided we don't like your kind here... Here's a train ticket. Pack up your cart and get out of this neighborhood...Don't make us resort to more drastic measures...Glenn decided that he'd do as they ask, and is was a wise decision. His cart, which he'd left to a local church, took a turn for the worse as someone had filled the base of it with liquid explosive.

The members of the underground gang got together and shared a six pack or three in the basement where it all begun. They'd won..There war with the city as now over. They'd gotten rid of the last honest man. Everyone else was either a member, or in no position to stop them. They were free to do whatever they wanted, or so they thought....

The Dead
    Schuss, Villager - Vote
    Corvidae, Project Mayhem member
    Capfalcon, Spacemonkey

GAME OVER! MAFIA VICTORY
    Since everyone left alive is now a member of project mayhem, the mafia have achieved their victory condition

Tyler Durden and his spacemonkeys are victorious.
    Langly
    Capfalcon
    Kuhlmeye
    Bedlam
    Sxxf

• Options
    Role PMs
    Mafia: 5 people

You are: Tyler Durden (Langly) and his spacemonkies.

Man, some of those you see around you are the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. You see all this potential, and its squandered. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. You've been raised on television to believe that one day you'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But you won't. And you're slowly learning that fact. And you're very, very pissed off. Its time to inject a little chaos into the perfect little world that this city lives in. Time to blast the world free of history and show these men and women freedom by enslaving them, and show them courage by frightening them to death. It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything."

Tyler Durden- May shoot one person each night with his 9mm pistol. In addition, Tyler Durden is unkillable and may only be removed from the game by 'the narrator' dying. He may not shoot the narrator.

Group: Begins with all members on project mayhem. Must invite two people each night.
    Project Mayhem is a proboard with anonymous identities. Each day i'll make a new thread and everyone on the board may vote for someone to be exploded that night. While on this board (other that votes), you guys may only speak in direct quotes from the film, by someone involved in project mayhem. The most useful of these is likely to be "The first rule of project mayhem is 'you don't ask questions'." Those you invite to this board will have no such restriction.

The url is : http://projectmayhemphalla.proboards.com
    Please register with the following usernames member21, member77, member43, member11, member5. Additionally, please use fake emails for registration (i've disabled activation) as your real email may be used to identify you.

Win Condition: Convert every living player to project mayhem.(To be considered a member, they must have voted before)

Village(25):

You are the Narrator: Alter ego of the ever impressive Tyler Durden. He's intelligent, ruthless, sexy and more importantly, free, in all the way's that you're not.Let's start with how you used to be. With insomnia, you're never really asleep; you're never really awake. You're just going through the motions. Everything feels off...Distant... Your ikea catelogue reminds you that you need a new sofa. One that goes with your new coffee table cleverly designed as a yin/yang symbol. You're boutique living room, designer kitchenwares, this wasn't just stuff. It was you, atleast until Tyler came along. He showed you that the stuff you own, ends up owning you. He had this unique way of looking at the world. A way of letting what truly doesn't matter just completely slide and you envied him for that.
    Shoot: Each night you may choose someone (by PM to me) to shoot with a 9mm pistol you found in Tyler's drawer.
    Win Condition: Remove from the city, those who would threaten your liberty and seek to subvert your intentions.

You are Marla Singer: Not exactly your regular attention seeking member of the fairer sex, you have a habit of attending support groups for diseases you don't have. An addiction to masquerading as a dying woman because when people think you're dying they really listen, rather than just waiting for their turn to speak. As the only woman in this entire game, you are not exactly a stranger to the narrator/Tyler Durden's bed.
    Occupy: Each night you may choose someone (by PM to me) to 'visit'. They will be otherwise occupied and unable to perform any nightly action. In addition, you believe you will feel something special if your choice is the narrator/Tyler Durden.
    Win Condition: Remove from the city, those who would threaten your liberty and seek to subvert your intentions.

You are Detective Stern: Something strange is going in this town. Vandalism is on the rise and just the other day some guy had his apartment blown by homemade dynamite. Wierd rumours about underground boxing gangs are being tossed around and you're not sure all this is just one big co-incidence.
    Investigate: Each night you may pick one person to watch (PM me your target prior to vote close) and you will see who targets them and what they did.

You are Robert Paulson: Known primarily as Bob. You have bitch tits. Gigantic mamaries that are an unwanted side effect of your treatment of your testicular cancer.
    Embrace: Each night you may pick someone (PM me you target prior to vote close) to hold in a bearhug, keeping them safe between your gigantic manbreasts. If anyone tries to kill them they will instead kill you.

You are Raymond K Hessell: You are incorruptible and as innocent as they come. You just want to be left in peace to work your convenience store and study part time to become a veterinarian.
    Win Condition: Survive to the end of the game.

"You are Jack's smirking revenge.": If you can identify the four other parts of Jack and who they are, you become a bomb.
    Ability: If you can identify those the four other parts of Jack and who they are, you become a bomb (take down whoever kills you as well).

"You are Jack's cold sweat"
    Post Restriction: You're paranoid. You must vote for someone new in every post you make and change your vote atleast three times each day.

"You are Jack's raging bile duct"
    Post Restriction: You're angry. You must use ALL CAPS FOR EVERY POST.

"You are Jack's broken heart"
    Post Restriction: You must make a comment lamenting being single and/or insulting a member of the opposite sex in every post you make.

"You are Jack's complete lack of surprise"
    Post Restriction: You must make a reference to atleast a part of last narration (Including a quote, either BBCODE or "") and how it is unsurprising in every post you make.

Villager(15):
    You're not how much money you've got in the bank...You're not your job...You're not your family, and you're not who you tell yourself...
    You're not your name...You're not your problems...You're not your age....You are not your hopes...
    You are not the contents of your wallet and you are not your fucking Khakis...
    You are not special...
    You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake...You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else rotting in the same compost pile.
    You are the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

And you are becomming...very...pissed...off.

Player List
    1. Spoit The narrator
    2. stever777 Robert Paulson
    3. Void Slayer
    4. Slym
    5. Lucedes
    6. Egos Jack's Complete lack of surprise
    7. Capfalcon monkey2
    8. Bobcesca
    9. jackisreal Detective Stern
    10.The Anonymous Marla Singer
    11.Flarne
    12.Bedlam monkey3
    13.sxxf monkey1
    14.Phyphor
    15.Cythraul
    16.Cayrus
    17.Langly Tyler Durden
    18.Mr Defecation Jack's bile duct
    19.Kime Jack's Smirking Revenge
    20.LoserForHireX Raymond K Hessel
    21.Wildcat
    22.Jdarksun Jack's Cold Sweat
    23.Corvidae
    24.Schuss
    25.lonelyahava
    26.Segatai
    27.ThatDaveFella
    28.Kuhlmeye monkey 4
    29.Alegis Jack's broken heart
    30.BL

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Wow....what happened?

And also, I'd like to apologize to everyone for my behavior.... I was just doing my homework?

Also, I didn't know my victory condition...

corvidae on
  • Options
    I'll post my thoughts on how this went in a little bit, but i'd like to here what people thought first.

Before you ask.
    Yes, i did mason all villagers at the start of the game, because i am a complete moron. I thought about remaking the game with replacements for all the people who received special roles, but i felt that might be a bit unfair to those players and i wasn't sure i could get a new 15 in a timely manner. So i just ran with it and by the looks of it, people gave me enough credit to not be as stupid as i was.

bobcesca should have died on that night with a 3way tie. I attributed BLs vote wrong, but it looks to not have mattered too much considering the end result.

• Options
    http://projectmayhemphalla.proboards.com is now unlocked.

I think you'll have to wait on langly for the mafia boards.

• Options
    edited October 2011

Homework
    f you're reading this, you have homework assignments this week (no actual time limit)

You have to pick a fight with someone, and let them win. This is not as easy as it seems, as most people will do anything to avoid confrontation. But if you push just hard enough... You may spark something.

The mechanics: You need to push someone's buttons hard enough, that they break golden (silly goose) rule and insult you, on the PA boards obviously. It doesn't have to be in the phalla thread, but it must be a living player from the game and they must be insulting you. Ultimately, we're all friends here, so don't actually report them or anything, just link me to the post.

Should you manage to complete this, you will be justly rewarded.

Disclaimer I am not a mod, and i don't encourage breaking the rules laid down by our glorious moderators. This is entirely optional too, so if its not your cup of tea, ignore it.
    Corvidae was the only person to complete this. He was rewarded with a single use vig, which he used on flarne, fittingly.

I was surprised that everyone was soo soo hesitant to say anything mean to anyone else..
    BL was trying hard i saw, but people were either completely oblivious to it, or saw through it.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Even with the alternate mafia win condition, I still think that an early suicide helped the village more than hurt it. Especially since the people I was looking at were apparently all villagers anyway.

I was very disappointed by the lack of uptake with the whole vote analysis though. The only one who seemed to bother was void. When it's down to only mafia and vanillagers, the worst thing to do is post silly vote reasons and sheep. You want to get everyone talking, because a talkative mafia is a mafia who leaves himself more open to making a mistake.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I'll post my thoughts on how this went in a little bit, but i'd like to here what people thought first.

Before you ask.
    Yes, i did mason all villagers at the start of the game, because i am a complete moron. I thought about remaking the game with replacements for all the people who received special roles, but i felt that might be a bit unfair to those players and i wasn't sure i could get a new 15 in a timely manner. So i just ran with it and by the looks of it, people gave me enough credit to not be as stupid as i was.

bobcesca should have died on that night with a 3way tie. I attributed BLs vote wrong, but it looks to not have mattered too much considering the end result.

benefit of the doubt is benefit of the doubt and all hosts should receive such a thing.

Thanks for running, Roman.

• Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Even with the alternate mafia win condition, I still think that an early suicide helped the village more than hurt it. Especially since the people I was looking at were apparently all villagers anyway.

I would completely agree. Getting rid of Tyler that early, I envisioned the village winning this.

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    So you're saying I roleblocked two mafia and a tracker? Man, I should've been the fucking Narrator instead. :P

• Options
    i think spoit actually took the cake for that. Killed the guard day one, would have killed you day 2 but he decided himself would be a better target.

• Options
    It was a sacrificial guard anyway

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Mafia boards here.

And yeah. The Narrator Suicide kneecapped us pretty hard.

• Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Very interesting mechanics roman, I liked it a lot. I think the village got sidetracked a lot during this game, me included.

Edit: I knew I killed 4 people that night! aha!

Cayrus on
    Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    Really liked the game, was confusing as hell as a villager. Had to go on an unexpected trip and played half the game on my phone, so I couldn't really get into the analyzing properly :/
    Also Corv why would you blow me up, that was mean. I was leading the explosion-vote anyway!

• Options
    Cayrus wrote:
    Very interesting mechanics roman, I liked it a lot. I think the village got sidetracked a lot during this game, me included.

Edit: I knew I killed 4 people that night! aha!

Also, good catch on that one PM member slip. The villagers on that really should have just brought it in the open though. The whole hiding it thing made them seem really mafia, and it was a long way into the game when the distinction between PM member and spacemonkey was pointed out

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Gotta admit, Roman. You're a much ballsier host than I am. I would have scrubbed the invites and redone it from scratch.