Options

[mini] Phalla Club- I am Jack's Temporary Thread

• Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    thank you for the game, although typing in all caps sucked :P

• Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    also you labeled me as villager when i think you shoulda labeled the parts as their names to help out the guy who had to guess

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    thank you for the game, although typing in all caps sucked :P
    Now you know how I felt in that science experiment mini thing. :P

• Options
    corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    Not gonna lie flarne, I might have been drunk when I decided to vig you.

I didn't know if my victory condition changed after being inducted into mayhem. I was just trying to kill everyone as fast as I could. On the project mayhem boards, I kept trying to tie the vote to hit maximum targets.

Once void slayer died black, I knew I would come up black too, but I decided to just have fun and cause maximum carnage.

Thanks roman, it was a lot of fun trying to start fights. I really dis not mean anything I said in that regard, I just really wanted to kick it off.

• Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    corvidae wrote:

I didn't know if my victory condition changed after being inducted into mayhem. I was just trying to kill everyone as fast as I could. On the project mayhem boards, I kept trying to tie the vote to hit maximum targets.

Once void slayer died black, I knew I would come up black too, but I decided to just have fun and cause maximum carnage.

Thanks roman, it was a lot of fun trying to start fights. I really dis not mean anything I said in that regard, I just really wanted to kick it off.

Haha, I thought you were the only one (maybe BL excepted) who was actually trying properly to complete the homework.

• Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    The vagueness of the villager victory condition made the Project Mayhem thing really interesting. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out if I was suddenly mafia or what, since the VC can pretty much apply to either group.

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    corvidae wrote:

Haha, I thought you were the only one (maybe BL excepted) who was actually trying properly to complete the homework.

I tried a little, but, what can I say, I'm just too nice a guy :P

• Options
    Flarne wrote:
    The vagueness of the villager victory condition made the Project Mayhem thing really interesting. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out if I was suddenly mafia or what, since the VC can pretty much apply to either group.

That's largely my fault and not exactly intentional. I couldn't find a good way to describe the mafia, that wouldn't also describe all of project mayhem.

• Options
    jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    What was up with my ability? I had to target someone that was targeted by someone else...but when I targeted B:L the night he got exploded, I didn't get any information.

edit: oh my god everyone was on a secret board but meeeeeeeeeee

jackisreal on
  • Options
    corvidae wrote:

I really sat back and tried to think of a way to insult everyone....Roman can also attest to the fact that I tried to start fights with him in ons.

Seriously, I really didn't mean any of it though... I just wanted to see what would happen.

• Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Sorry roman, didn't really enjoy the phalla. 'Unknowing' conversions (though I had an idea) and 'that PM' about the golden rule were the two biggies for me. Thanks for running it though.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    Hold on a second

"jackisreal- day 5 recruit"

Was I supposed to be on that board?

• Options
    Nope. You, Marla Singer and Raymond K Hessel were immune to recruitment.

• Options
    Ah, that makes sense. What happened when I targeted B:L ?

• Options
    Too many people visited him because the explode target was decided by vote and everyone voted for him that night.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Caps link didnt work for me so http://bobpaulsonmemorial.proboards.com/index.cgi is the mafia board.

• Options
    Wildcat wrote:
    Sorry roman, didn't really enjoy the phalla. 'Unknowing' conversions (though I had an idea) and 'that PM' about the golden rule were the two biggies for me. Thanks for running it though.
    We were actually both sort of right. You could join project mayhem and still be a good guy (since we were told your win condition wouldnt change) and use that vote to try and blow up the space monkies.

Its just that the act of voting there helped satisfy our win condition of getting everyone alive invited and voting.

I thought it was a neat mechanic, since we started out with total control of the project mayhem vote and slowly lost it by inviting more people (and one night we didnt put up invites roman picked two at random). We also had a posting restriction there so we had to manipulate people with movie quotes while you guys could say whatever you wanted.

I guess the drawback was that anonimity ment the village wasnt really as organized over there. But someone still managed to blow me up with a late vote tie.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Spoit ruined all my fun this game :x

I was going to reveal as tyler durden after the vote didn't kill me, as a neutral who wanted to get everyone into project mayhem.

• Options
    Also yay mafia! I knew you guys could do it.

• Options
    But yeah I was talking to corv and he was like I think the current vote target is village because he was in the village pm with me which was only fifteen people.

My stomach just went hurk.

• Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    Yay! Happy to win one. It was an interesting game roman. I'm very surprised that the accidentally masoned villagers didn't bring that out in the open. Also, I expected there to be more communication on the PM boards once we invited a bunch of people and lost control of the vote.

PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Bedlam wrote:

I guess the drawback was that anonimity ment the village wasnt really as organized over there. But someone still managed to blow me up with a late vote tie.

That was me, going for maximum carnage....

corvidae on
  • Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    I love the fact that this was the least organized village I've been a part of, yet we knew who every other villager was from the start. It would have been a very different game if we'd noticed that.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    And as far as the masoned village thing, there were enough ppl in the conversation saying stuff like " that's the intro pm, everybody got that" ... Just enough to cast doubt on the idea...

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Mafia win??!!
    Village lost cuz I died early. :P
    I was a suicide guard, also, (if by that, we mean I die in someone's place).

Thanks for running it, Roman.

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    How did the spoit/langly thing end up the way it did. Did spoit get a message that langly was vote immune or did he figure the connection out on his own?

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    corvidae wrote:

:x Bad Corvidae Bad :x

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    To be fair, I did personally eliminate at least 4 mafia.

corvidae on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    jackisreal wrote:

edit: oh my god everyone was on a secret board but meeeeeeeeeee

I wasn't either

• Options
    edited October 2011
    corvidae wrote:

:x :x :x

The only mafia that were eliminated were Langly, which was me. sxxf, which was slym, T_A, and void, and also silly because he was about to die to inactivatus anyway, and Bedlam. There weren't 4 mafia that were eliminated!!!!

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    What was the not-conversion PM anyway? It seems that multiple people were confused about it not changing their victory conditions

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote:
    corvidae wrote:

:x :x :x

The only mafia that were eliminated were Langly, which was me. sxxf, which was slym, T_A, and void, and also silly because he was about to die to inactivatus anyway, and Bedlam. There weren't 4 mafia that were eliminated!!!!

No, the space monkeys were mafia along with Tyler.

• Options
    ...yes? Thus the mention of sxxf and bedlam? :rotate:

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    there were five mafia. Cap, Bedlam, Langly, Sxxf, and Kuhl. And Cap was killed on the last day. There was only one left, technically.

Langly on
  • Options
    oh yeah cap died in the ending narration. Either way, corv in no way had his hand in four of them

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure Spoit just figured the only way to kill tyler would be to die himself, since that was the plot of the movie.

• Options
    Yeah, I wasn't sure about if it would work, but like I said in my death reveal, which everyone ignored, I was taking a risk to try get 1 of the mafia kills out of the way. Which would let people, you know, analyze vote records. Which clearly worked out so well :x

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote:
    Yeah, I wasn't sure about if it would work, but like I said in my death reveal, which everyone ignored, I was taking a risk to try get 1 of the mafia kills out of the way. Which would let people, you know, analyze vote records. Which clearly worked out so well :x

That may have been my fault. I started acting silly then everyone started acting silly and it was pretty much over.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote:
    What was the not-conversion PM anyway? It seems that multiple people were confused about it not changing their victory conditions
    If you register, please do so with username: member01 and a fake email. While using this board, is the only time you are allowed to break the "no anonymous contact rule" and DOES NOT grant you immunity from the "shut up once you're dead" rule.

This was it, with a link to the boards. The rest was just guesswork.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Honestly, the only reason that the village PM wasn't brought up is because it honestly seemed like something that a host would do to save themselves time, is to PM the village role out to everybody in batches.

Because sending them out individually is a pain in the ass.

As such it was one of those 'benefit of the doubt' things that a host should be granted.

As the PM string will attest to. Where several of us were like "no, it's just roman saving time in sending out village role PMs. Just ignore the list in front of you"