As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Occupy [chat]

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I've been really enjoying Textmate but it has some fucked issues wrt input() and raw_input() in Python where it just... won't receive keyboard input. It's the goofiest shit, because that's kind of a huge thing- but they have a blog issue like SORRY, WORKIN' ON IT.

So I've been using Eclipse (with PyDev) for any scripts that require user input.

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    You guys talking about coding are taking all the magic out of it for me.

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    I wonder if I can break off the monitor part of the laptop now and just use this external instead or if tearing it off will destroy the laptop completely.

Eh... better leave it on.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote:
    I wonder if I can break off the monitor part of the laptop now and just use this external instead or if tearing it off will destroy the laptop completely.

Eh... better leave it on.

yeah

cables
    to motherboard

mean you might be fucked

oh! and your wireless adapter goes through that too, if you need that.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Mass Effect on Insanity is literally impossible.

I got to the Geth Armature + sniper miniboss on Therum. It gets out of the cutscene, and I die about half a second later, shot to bits by a pulse blast and about three hundred sniper bullets.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Tearing it off

8-)

may void the warranty.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular

I got to the Geth Armature + sniper miniboss on Therum. It gets out of the cutscene, and I die about half a second later, shot to bits by a pulse blast and about three hundred sniper bullets.

Not one of the easier moments.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Man, touching up the ol' resume... I forgot how soul draining an exercise this can be.

• Options
    Organichu wrote:
    Man, touching up the ol' resume... I forgot how soul draining an exercise this can be.

In theory it is the easiest thing. Then you realize 20minutes have passed and you haven't typed anything besides your name and contact info.

I came very close to paying someone to write my resume for me 6months back.

• Options
    Organichu wrote:

Resumes are the worst. When I was making mine, every addition or subtraction was awful. "Well, Cisco certifications are good, I should keep them on!" "But I'm not applying for a developer position, and the last guy I interviewed with was confused about why I included them."

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular

Just bring the Mako. Less XP, but you won't die.

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    I have a basic format for resumes down already so they're basically just answering a questionnaire.

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    THIS SONG BLEW MY FUCKING SUB MONITOR!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHweamNAkjY

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options

Just bring the Mako. Less XP, but you won't die.

...I can do that?

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Podly wrote:

WOBWOBWOBWOBWOBWOBWOBWOB splat.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Poldy, is that what you call your mind, or was a piece of equipment ruined.

• Options
    dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Oh my god the part in the Thing where...
    that guys head turns into the spider.

made me fucking shit my pants.

This movie is really doing a good job a scaring the shit out of me.

dbrock270 on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote:

It's a bigass woofer that produces bass frequencies below 200hz. And this that song had so much power down there that it broke it. Fuuuuuuuck.

It's a fucking awesome song though.

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    dbrock270 wrote:

I thought I wanted to see it, but I don't think I'm going to see Mary Elizabeth Winstead in her underwear in this movie. So I passed.

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote:

If your resume's a little light, make up stuff that sounds impressive but isn't falsifiable. Say you did IT work at Area 51 or that you wrote software for Osama Bin Laden. Good luck checking those references, potential employer!

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Mim.

Mim.

You say you don't like scary movies and videogames. Come over to my house and we can play Dead Space 2.

It is not scary. At all.

It is a comedy.

• Options
    Mim wrote:
    dbrock270 wrote:

I thought I wanted to see it, but I don't think I'm going to see Mary Elizabeth Winstead in her underwear in this movie. So I passed.

No no I'm talking about the 1982 version.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote:
    Mim.

Mim.

You say you don't like scary movies and videogames. Come over to my house and we can play Dead Space 2.

It is not scary. At all.

It is a comedy.

I do like scary movies and video games. When did I say I didn't?

They just make me scream a lot.

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Organichu wrote:

Last time I was working on mine, I read somewhere that you were supposed to list accomplishments in each job as opposed to listing things you worked on or spent your time on.

And I had the sickening realization that in 17 years I had never really accomplished anything. Like, I've worked on lots of stuff. But I've never really done anything.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Oh wow, The Thing remake is sitting at 35% on rottentomatoes. CG monsters fail to impress.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote:
    AP wrote:
    Consumers should be prepared to shell out a bit more for peanut butter soon.

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    emnmnme wrote:
    Oh wow, The Thing remake is sitting at 35% on rottentomatoes. CG monsters fail to impress.

The special effects were better in 1982 to be honest.

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Podly wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:

It's a bigass woofer that produces bass frequencies below 200hz. And this that song had so much power down there that it broke it. Fuuuuuuuck.

It's a fucking awesome song though.
    Podly wrote:

that's a song?

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Frankie ordered the new iPhone. I have the 4g and don't need the 4gs at all, but i'm still kind of jealous

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    ...I can do that?

Apparently I can.

I even got full exp. Apparently the geth get really fucking confused with the Mako up there. They just hung out in formation, not attacking me, waiting for their assault rifled doom.

• Options
    dbrock270 wrote:
    emnmnme wrote:

The special effects were better in 1982 to be honest.

Tee hee.
    http://www.azcentral.com/thingstodo/movies/articles/2011/10/11/20111011the-thing-review.html
    It lacks any sense of warmth. Which might be an odd criticism of a horror movie set in Antarctica, but there you have it.

• Options
    Irond Will wrote:
    Frankie ordered the new iPhone. I have the 4g and don't need the 4gs at all, but i'm still kind of jealous

Siri, motherfucker!

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    hello Will!

also more expensive peanut butter makes me nuts

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    tyrannus at any price makes me want to drive to ocean city and then off of a dock

• Options
    tyrannus wrote:
    hello Will!

also more expensive peanut butter makes me nuts

you and my dog both

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Will only likes music that makes him feel secure as a rebellious petit-bourgeois

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sarksus wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:

Siri, motherfucker!

When Siri starts setting off random alarms to tell me I am handsome, then I will buy an iPhone4S. And not a second before.

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    burger pie? I missed that

• Options
This discussion has been closed.