As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Occupy [chat]

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Zombie, call back and leave another message saying "Sorry I left a message so late at night, I hope I didn't wake you. I just really want to see you again."

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Zombie, call back and leave another message saying "Sorry I left a message so late at night, I hope I didn't wake you. I just really want to see you again."

No!

This is sarcastic, right?

DON'T.

DO.

THIS.

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular

What if she is trying to sleep and the 2nd message is overkill? D:

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

no dogg it shows that you are considerate

then you call again like

listen you didn't call back, so just wanted to let you know that I went out to the bar

YOU COULDA BEEN WIT DIS

but seriously call me

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote:

No!

DON'T.

DO.

THIS.

Oh God yes don't do this.

• Options
    hard

to

get

8-)

• Options
    Organichu wrote:

No!

DON'T.

DO.

THIS.

Why not? Are you saying he should leave a sweet, handwritten note at her door instead?

Don't do either! You already left her a message!

• Options
    Organichu wrote:

No!

DON'T.

DO.

THIS.

Why not? Are you saying he should leave a sweet, handwritten note at her door instead?

• Options
    hard

to

get

8-)

protip: this right here becomes a little easier to get if you buy me some chicken parm, ok?

• Options
    Because if he left a message like that then it would be obvious he was overthinking it and it would become a big deal when it shouldn't be one.

• Options

no dogg it shows that you are considerate

then you call again like

listen you didn't call back, so just wanted to let you know that I went out to the bar

YOU COULDA BEEN WIT DIS

but seriously call me

In light of the new information skippy has brought forward I can't help but agree.

(1 call is what you want to shoot for imo.)

• Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    As someone who has failed many, many times at love I consider myself an expert. Ask me anything.
    Try not to hurt my feelings :(

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    i am playing so hard to get I just ghosted out of a girls party after a great conversation with her.

where did DUE go? Idk he may be batman.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    HOLY MOTHER FUCK I FUCKING HATE SYNCHING JESUS FUCKING MOTHER OF CHRIST STUPID PIECE OF FUCKING SHIT ASS FUCK HOLE IN THE SHIT IN MOUTH BROWN POOP CRAP SHIT FUCKER

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    I like the strategy where you call every 15 minutes in case it's a reception problem

• Options
    Drez are you saying you want to prevent auto-syncing or you want to prevent auto-backups when syncing?

• Options
    edited October 2011
    i am playing so hard to get I just ghosted out of a girls party after a great conversation with her.

where did DUE go? Idk he may be batman.

girl all robbin banks so the commish lights the DUE signal

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    Okay Drez now you are kind of taking a shit on his grave, just sayin'.

• Options
    Isn't that your typical MO DUE?

― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    I really need to be more and more ridiculous so people understand when I'm not being serious.

• Options
    Isn't that your typical MO DUE?

howdoyouknow

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HAHA. Thank Odin and Freya that syncing is a thing of the past.

― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    Organichu wrote:
    hard

to

get

8-)

protip: this right here becomes a little easier to get if you buy me some chicken parm, ok?

BUT NOT EGGPLANT PARM I AIN'T NO CHICKENHEAD

• Options
    Organichu wrote:
    Drez are you saying you want to prevent auto-syncing or you want to prevent auto-backups when syncing?

What I want is to just add the goddamn media I fucking want to add without fucking locking my device down for twenty minutes while it does a backup, determines which apps to sync, transfers shit back and forth that I didn't ask it to transfer, and so on.

But yes my question was focused on the latter: preventing auto-backups when synching.

• Options
    Sarksus wrote:
    Okay Drez now you are kind of taking a shit on his grave, just sayin'.

Synching is taking a shit on my life. Just sayin'.

There is no reason for this. This was never a good idea and it's even worse now.

• Options
    Once it syncs one time it lets you do manual drag and drop if you select that option.

• Options
    DUE didn't even say goodbye in the morning the last thing I recall is a night of passion and suddenly I wake up to crepes, strawberries, a mint and a business card that's completely blank.
    i really had to poop. like really bad and i couldn't poop there because everyone would have known I was pooping so I made the right choice.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I expect everyone is as anti-serious as I am. Then I get uncomfortable when people start showing genuine emotion towards one another.

I don't know how to e-love. *dramatic music plays*

• Options
    DUE didn't even say goodbye in the morning the last thing I recall is a night of passion and suddenly I wake up to crepes, strawberries, a mint and a business card that's completely blank.
    i really had to poop. like really bad and i couldn't poop there because everyone would have known I was pooping so I made the right choice.

when I used to stay at my wife's dorm, when we were dating

she shared one bathroom with 2 other girls

I was too embarrassed to poop dere

• Options
    JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    I expect everyone is as anti-serious as I am. Then I get uncomfortable when people start showing genuine emotion towards one another.

I don't know how to e-love. *dramatic music plays*

I just think "thats adorable" and move on.

}
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • Options
    Drez wrote:
    Organichu wrote:

What I want is to just add the goddamn media I fucking want to add without fucking locking my device down for twenty minutes while it does a backup, determines which apps to sync, transfers shit back and forth that I didn't ask it to transfer, and so on.

But yes my question was focused on the latter: preventing auto-backups when synching.

You see how there is a progress bar at the top of the application while iTunes syncs? You can just hit the little X while it's in the backup stage- canceling the backup doesn't interrupt or cancel the sync.

If that's not good enough for you- if you want it to be automated- there's an .xml fix (and I'm pretty sure an application exists, too).

I can find one or both of those for you, if you'd like?

• Options
    I agree, Caveman. Whenever people take me seriously, I think "what, you aren't able to distinguish my monotone joking voice from my monotone serious voice?"

My monotone serious voice doesn't actually exist, because I'm never serious.

• Options
    Being cool is pretty great but making real connections with people is way greater. TMYK.

― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    Stop takin' forever to download my update, dog gonnit.

• Options
    MentalExerciseMentalExercise Indefenestrable Registered User regular
    Alright, I called an left a message. I'm just afraid of being a) ditched and b) being clingy.

Buddy you worry too much. She's either interested and will return your call, or she isn't and she won't. In which case you definitely don't want her to anyway, because after the fun new beginning stage wears off, being with someone that isn't compatible blows sacks of donkey dick.

And if she isn't interested, you've comported yourself perfectly nicely so when you see her again some day at a party she may even introduce you to her friend. You win. He'll so does she. Everyone wins. Yay!

"More fish for Kunta!"

--LeVar Burton
  • Options
    Sarksus wrote:
    Once it syncs one time it lets you do manual drag and drop if you select that option.

Dude, I am way beyond my initial synch. I've had the iPad since February. What you are saying doesn't jive with reality.

I literally did nothing but drag a folder from page 10 to page 4 of my iPad and it went through six steps of backing up, analyzing what apps I have installed on my iPad and which I have checked in iTunes, then analzying what I have installed on my iPad but don't have downloaded to my PC/iTunes, THEN it started copying apps to iTunes, and then finally it moved the icon. I think. I haven't actually checked yet.

Granted, this was a test. I wanted to test out wireless synching. Granted, I could have just moved the icon on the iPad itself. But really, it shouldn't go through six steps if all I want to do is use iTunes to tell my iPad to move a folder from one page to another.

That is crap.

• Options

when I used to stay at my wife's dorm, when we were dating

she shared one bathroom with 2 other girls

I was too embarrassed to poop dere

ikr?

far too many people were there for me to just poop like it ain't a big deal.

What are the odds that someone else is going to go in immediately afterward and criticize my personal odours?

HIGH.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    it is so hot in my house

• Options
    I agree, Caveman. Whenever people take me seriously, I think "what, you aren't able to distinguish my monotone joking voice from my monotone serious voice?"

My monotone serious voice doesn't actually exist, because I'm never serious.

I can't wait for telepathic txting. Where messages are tinted with the actual emotions that inspired them. No more "was he joking or does he really hate watching Disney movies with me?"

This discussion has been closed.