As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Occupy [chat]

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote:
    Chicken McNugget pizza was my roommates dream. I forbid it. I know what forces must not be tampered with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biIKpegx7h4

This looks disgusting.

Also, chocolate cheese is a thing? Really?

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Organichu wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    Man, touching up the ol' resume... I forgot how soul draining an exercise this can be.

Last time I was working on mine, I read somewhere that you were supposed to list accomplishments in each job as opposed to listing things you worked on or spent your time on.

And I had the sickening realization that in 17 years I had never really accomplished anything. Like, I've worked on lots of stuff. But I've never really done anything.

Will, you broke through to me and made me stop eating ketchup on my hot dogs. That's not nothing.

I recently learned that the original owner of Nathan's had trouble selling his hot dogs because they were so cheap, which passersby took as a sign of unhealthy food. To combat this impression, the owner dressed homeless men up as doctors and allowed them to eat hot dogs all day for free, thereby convincing customers that hot dogs were indeed healthy.

it makes perfect sense!

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Drez wrote:
    Elldren wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    Emn, are you playing Dark Souls? Es magnifico.

I've been playing it a little. It's punishing and opaque. Very old-school I guess.

It is great

I am kind of in a place where I have a bunch of valuable humanity and I don't want to risk it moving forward (I've heard the next part is super deadly), but I keep exploring places that are closeby and I just won't die

It is a burden. Eventually I will run out of relatively safe places to poke around and have to go explore dangerous places

Is it like Demons Souls where it's actually better to play through the game as a ghost?

Not really. Single player being human only has advantages over being hollow. Multiplayer you have risks (you can be invaded), but also further advantages (you can summon other players)

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Fuck no, not Korean Pizza. Not fucking Korean Pizza.

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    Man, touching up the ol' resume... I forgot how soul draining an exercise this can be.

Last time I was working on mine, I read somewhere that you were supposed to list accomplishments in each job as opposed to listing things you worked on or spent your time on.

And I had the sickening realization that in 17 years I had never really accomplished anything. Like, I've worked on lots of stuff. But I've never really done anything.

Will, you broke through to me and made me stop eating ketchup on my hot dogs. That's not nothing.

it turns out that is the only thing on my resume

Every time you post I wonder what your avatar is from/supposed to be.

So, you inspire wonder!

• Options
    Sarksus wrote:
    Fuck no, not Korean Pizza. Not fucking Korean Pizza.

god fucking damnit I was eating!

That should be infractable as a shock image :x

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    ronya wrote:
    why didn't he just charge more and sell smaller hotdogs

Because that would be a terrible story.

• Options
    Is the next game gonna be Dark Demons. Or Demon Darks.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Also, I spent way too much time on this new banner for my Backloggery page for it to go to waste, so behold, gentlefolk! This shall help me greatly in beating more of my games!
    MW35P.png

21stCentury on
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote:
    I'll make you a real one Sarksus

this'll be a thing we can do. we can be partners

:winky:

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Elldren wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:

I've been playing it a little. It's punishing and opaque. Very old-school I guess.

It is great

I am kind of in a place where I have a bunch of valuable humanity and I don't want to risk it moving forward (I've heard the next part is super deadly), but I keep exploring places that are closeby and I just won't die

It is a burden. Eventually I will run out of relatively safe places to poke around and have to go explore dangerous places

i picked it up when my brother was visiting and we took turns (lives)

only my brother is kind of an asshole so he kept taking swings at the questgivers and merchants and those guys hold a fucking grudge even after they've killed you

so most of my experience involved getting killed by questgivers

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Irond Will wrote:
    Elldren wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:

It is great

i picked it up when my brother was visiting and we took turns (lives)

only my brother is kind of an asshole so he kept taking swings at the questgivers and merchants and those guys hold a fucking grudge even after they've killed you

so most of my experience involved getting killed by questgivers

You should start a new mans

Your brother is p much a dick

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Mim wrote:
    tyrannus wrote:

you can watch

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    Organichu wrote:

So, you inspire wonder!

If you click on his profile, you'll see it's a dog-themed knight with a suggestively tilted bone on his buckle.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Elldren, you already beat Dead Island? That game's supposed to be, like, 40 hours long!

• Options
    Irond Will wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    Organichu wrote:

So, you inspire wonder!

If you click on his profile, you'll see it's a dog-themed knight with a suggestively tilted bone on his buckle.

But,but the wonder.... :(

Robos is a cold unfeeling machine.

• Options
    Spoilers Emnmnme!

• Options
    edited October 2011
  • Options
    emnmnme wrote:
    Elldren, you already beat Dead Island? That game's supposed to be, like, 40 hours long!

No.

I got to a quest I could not for the life of me complete, and it saved in the middle of it, and every time I try it I use a little more of my limited resources, fail, and go back to the middle of the quest.

It is bullshit that would put Dark Souls to shame so I put it down

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    Elldren wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:

It is great

Is it like Demons Souls where it's actually better to play through the game as a ghost?

Not really. Single player being human only has advantages over being hollow. Multiplayer you have risks (you can be invaded), but also further advantages (you can summon other players)

OK cool. If I recall correctly, you had double the HP while human in Demon's Souls, but every time you died, world tendency shifted dark. Right? So that doesn't happen here?

I mean technically it was better to be human in Demon's Souls too, the only drawback being that if you died you would slip into dark tendency which made the game a bit harder and it could screw up unlocking white world tendency things.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote:
    Mim wrote:
    tyrannus wrote:

you can watch

I am so there.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Elldren wrote:
    emnmnme wrote:

No.

I got to a quest I could not for the life of me complete, and it saved in the middle of it, and every time I try it I use a little more of my limited resources, fail, and go back to the middle of the quest.

:(
    You can't abandon a quest once you're committed to it? Terrible game design.

... send it to me!

emnmnme on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Choco is the best boy.

Except for maybe like, Obama or Chris Evans

• Options
    emnmnme wrote:

So did I, a few weeks ago.

According to Steam, I played for 37 hours.

I think Preacher beat it like 3 times already or some shit.

And it's only ~40 hours long if you do all/most of the sidequests, which really aren't that necessary.

• Options
    Elldren wrote:
    emnmnme wrote:

No.

Which quest?

• Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote:
    emnmnme wrote:

No.

Do you remember what quest?

• Options
    emnmnme wrote:
    Elldren wrote:
    emnmnme wrote:

No.

:(
    You can't abandon a quest once you're committed to it? Terrible game design.

... send it to me!

Oh, I think you know.

• Options
    Drez wrote:
    Elldren wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    Elldren wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:

It is great

OK cool. If I recall correctly, you had double the HP while human in Demon's Souls, but every time you died, world tendency shifted dark. Right? So that doesn't happen here?

I mean technically it was better to be human in Demon's Souls too, the only drawback being that if you died you would slip into dark tendency which made the game a bit harder and it could screw up unlocking white world tendency things.

There is no world tendency as far as anyone can tell.

You do not have half HP as a hollow, but as a human you have higher item find and curse resistance.

Curse is a status effect that halves your HP, permanently, unless cured.

Curse stacks (such that if you get cursed twice, you have 1/4 HP)

The next place I should be going has enemies that curse.

I don't want to go to the next place :(

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    This short film script is trite but I don't care, I did my job

no one can say otherwise

nobody, no-how

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    Wash wrote:
    This short film script is trite but I don't care, I did my job

no one can say otherwise

nobody, no-how

Did you put that line in your script.

• Options
    Elldren wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    Elldren wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    Elldren wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:

It is great

There is no world tendency as far as anyone can tell.

You do not have half HP as a hollow, but as a human you have higher item find and curse resistance.

Curse is a status effect that halves your HP, permanently, unless cured.

Curse stacks (such that if you get cursed twice, you have 1/4 HP)

The next place I should be going has enemies that curse.

I don't want to go to the next place :(

I need to buy this game soon.

• Options
    Irond Will wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    Organichu wrote:

So, you inspire wonder!

6245425306_118b098765.jpg
    ironretreiver_jpg by irond_will, on Flickr

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Drez wrote:
    Elldren wrote:
    emnmnme wrote:

No.

Which quest?

Some sort of escort quest from the church with this old guy who keeps rushing forward into hordes of zombies and dying and failing the quest and restarting me from the checkpoint just before he rushes ahead into a horde of zombies and dies failing the quest which resets... yeah.

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I ate a bit too much. I don't feel so hot.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2011
    On the bright side I think I finally finished this script to automatically backup iCal and Address Book at the same time every day even if the apps aren't open.

Organichu on
  • Options
    Irond Will wrote:
    6245425306_118b098765.jpg

He has a boner?

• Options
    Elldren wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    Elldren wrote:
    emnmnme wrote:

No.

Which quest?

Some sort of escort quest from the church with this old guy who keeps rushing forward into hordes of zombies and dying and failing the quest and restarting me from the checkpoint just before he rushes ahead into a horde of zombies and dies failing the quest which resets... yeah.

Can you cut off his legs without the quest failing.

• Options
    It's not a boner. It's a belt device

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Script: The Unstoppable Advance Toward Death

Fade in on ticking clock. 3 minutes later. Fin And Or Explosions.

• Options
    Organichu wrote:
    On the bright side I think I finally finished this script to automatically backup iCal and Address Book at the same time every day even if the apps aren't open.

Let me see this.

This discussion has been closed.