As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sputtering on USB headet

Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden.Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
This is driving me completely bonkers. I've ot a Soundblaster Arena USB headset and something weird is going on with my sound.

Whenever I'm actually playing a game, it's completely fine. However, if I'm watching any videos, including pre-rendered in-game cutscenes, I get sputtering. What the hell is going on here? Is it a crappy Windows codec or something? And it happens with ALL video, from Netflix to video players to in-game videos. I can't find anything on Google about this.

I've already tried updating the driver and uninstalling and reinstalling everything associated with the headset, but the issue persists. If anyone has any suggestions, that would be great.

Ninja Snarl P on