As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Walking Dead] Season 2: Directors Gone Bye

Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
edited October 2011 in Debate and/or Discourse
thewalkingdead3550x346.jpg

The new season of AMC's adaption of The Walking Dead is starting tonight, and I decided to spear-head the new thread in anticipation.

Though in truth, that anticipation is kept in some small check...you've no doubt read the news about director Frank Darabont being let go for the series.

For some who felt the first season was just short of greatness, this might be considered good news. For people like me, Season 1 was a near-flawless adaption of Robert Kirkman's comic series, with most of the additional filler and characters actually enriching the original story (Resident Evil computer lab aside).

Regardless how you might feel, a change of directors is always a risky move. On the upside, Kirkman is still heavily involved with the TV series, and Season 2 is already confirmed to follow the next act in the comic series (Hershal's Farm). Like the setting itself, it's a sliver of hope in a dangerous scenario.

Anyway, the previous thread was full of interesting discussions, even though some of the zombie nerd rage bordered on insane ("that is NOT how an ax digging into a corpse should sound!"). Regardless, let's have ourselves a season-long thread that will hopefully result in more cheers than jeers.

And as a stipulation, MAKE SURE YOU MARK ALL SPOILERS FROM THE COMIC. Like A Song of Ice and Fire, the TV series will be the first Walking Dead experience for many people, so be sure to be very careful with what you give away (including the extended screen-time of a certain character who would have been dead by now in the comic).

I'm curious how far into the comic the new season is going to adapt; I hope we make it up to the Prison arc. In the meanwhile, there are still two scenarios I would love to see explored through filler:

1. Morgan and his son, during their own journey while Rick keeps them updated through the CB radio.

2. The hospital Rick stayed in, from the moments leading up to the evacuation.

Also curious where they're going to take the Daryl character, who is sort of the loose cannon/Sawyer of the series; despite his antagonism with much of the group, there's been signs that he isn't the racist monster his brother was, so I hope he continues to grow.

Professor Snugglesworth on