As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Walking Dead] Finally - the wife is hooked.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Larlar wrote:
    Sassori wrote:
    SA wrote:
    If you get bitten I think it's quite noble to off yourself rather than come back as a ravenous monster that may pose a problem to your friends and family. Especially if we're talking about Romero zombies that have some sense of memory.

I think his biggest complaint was that the dumbass didn't even do it right after he got bit.

But to opt out when you aren't even hurt is stupid. At least in his mindset.

I was operating under the impression that he wasn't bit prior to hanging himself.

I believe the limerick he left on the note implied he got bit and was feeling sick, so he decided to hang himself.

Too bad his head was still intact.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    SASA Registered User regular
    Larlar wrote:
    Sassori wrote:
    SA wrote:
    If you get bitten I think it's quite noble to off yourself rather than come back as a ravenous monster that may pose a problem to your friends and family. Especially if we're talking about Romero zombies that have some sense of memory.

I think his biggest complaint was that the dumbass didn't even do it right after he got bit.

I was operating under the impression that he wasn't bit prior to hanging himself.
    I think the note on the tree said "Got bit, might as well quit"

WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2011
    I guess I just enjoyed the thought of a perfectly healthy dead body being reanimated after passing zombies eat its legs.

Not to mention the irony.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    ThreadbareSockThreadbareSock Registered User regular
    Larlar wrote:
    Sassori wrote:
    Larlar wrote:
    Sassori wrote:
    SA wrote:

I thought the note said something about him getting a fever after getting bit?

Someone was talking during that part so I could be wrong.

Oh yeah, maybe. I wasn't paying a whole lot of attention, either.

Trying not to spoiler, but it may be one:
    Y'all are making some assumptions about how undeath spreads that may or may not be accurate for The Walking Dead.

• Options
    True, but I'm quite happy assuming anything is possible with a mythical zombie virus until we explicitly discover that something is not. Keeps for fewer surprises.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    Got bit
    Fever hit
    World gone to shit
    Might as well quit

mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    That's why my plan is to blow my brains out.

• Options
    I'm going to shoot off your hands so you can't.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    you motherfucker
    I'll bleed out to death, become a zombie, and then fucking destroy you

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Nah, I'll chain you to my ever-growing zombie conga line, forever doomed to boogie.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    You can't chain me, you cut off my hands. My stumps will slip out.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Feet, doofikens.

EDIT: No wait, then how would you boogie?

OK, Lar could chain you butt to butt with each zombie.

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    see
    derangement like this is exactly why I would rather die than exist in this world

• Options
    But if you killed yourself I'd put your dead hand on another dead guy's butt. It's that or a conga line. There's no way out.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    Conga lines are the worst thing in history.

tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    In the case of Zombie Apocalypse, I'm gonna model myself after Jeffery Dahmer and try to turn every zombie into my personal sex zombie.

mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    In the case of Zombie Apocalypse, I'm gonna model myself after Jeffery Dahmer and try to turn every zombie into my personal sex zombie.
    So this guy?

012210_buzzard-tm.jpg

• Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Larlar wrote:
    Sassori wrote:
    SA wrote:

Got Bit
    Fever Hit
    World's gone to shit
    Might as well quit

oh, krunk

you beat me

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    what is it with this show and praying

tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    SASA Registered User regular
    Staleghoti wrote:
    what is it with this show and praying
    well at least they point out how futile it is

WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • Options
    kingworkskingworks Registered User regular
    Digging Darren Franich (a fan of both the show and the comic) doing recaps on EW.com. He gives some insight into what you guys feel are the 'boring' aspects of the show:
    Understand something: This was an extremely existential episode of television. Besides the Lori/Rick debate, you also had Glenn and Maggie meet-cuting with a conversation about the probably non-existence of God, and Andrea telling Daryl that she wasn't sure why she was still living. You could say that there are two fundamental sides to The Walking Dead: On one hand, it's a show about staying alive in a world of zombies -- a show about difficult moral decisions and also about mashing zombie-skulls. On the other hand, it's a show that dares to ask whether it's even worth it to try staying alive in a world of zombies.

In the comic books, Rick becomes the focal character for both of those distinctive story strands. If last night's episode is any indication, though, Comic-Rick has now essentially been split into two characters: TV-Rick is now the passively emotional intellectual who has to justify living in a dead world, while TV-Shane is the guy who actually has to make the tough decisions to keep his people alive.

This is an interesting development. It also means TV-Rick is in danger of becoming extremely, extremely boring.

• Options
    AgentofOrangeAgentofOrange Registered User regular
    kingworks wrote:
    Digging Darren Franich (a fan of both the show and the comic) doing recaps on EW.com. He gives some insight into what you guys feel are the 'boring' aspects of the show:
    Understand something: This was an extremely existential episode of television. Besides the Lori/Rick debate, you also had Glenn and Maggie meet-cuting with a conversation about the probably non-existence of God, and Andrea telling Daryl that she wasn't sure why she was still living. You could say that there are two fundamental sides to The Walking Dead: On one hand, it's a show about staying alive in a world of zombies -- a show about difficult moral decisions and also about mashing zombie-skulls. On the other hand, it's a show that dares to ask whether it's even worth it to try staying alive in a world of zombies.

In the comic books, Rick becomes the focal character for both of those distinctive story strands. If last night's episode is any indication, though, Comic-Rick has now essentially been split into two characters: TV-Rick is now the passively emotional intellectual who has to justify living in a dead world, while TV-Shane is the guy who actually has to make the tough decisions to keep his people alive.

This is an interesting development. It also means TV-Rick is in danger of becoming extremely, extremely boring.

if that's the case...
    I'd suspect that Shane will leave a lasting impact on Rick when he inevitably is removed from the story. I foresee that a developing theme for the show being the dulling of Rick's white world into a heartless gray fringe that the comic embodies.

• Options
    FugaFuga Registered User regular
    too many shoddily written emotional sceness
    the reveal was cool tho

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Sombodys zombied the waterin' hole!

• Options
    Firematic.Firematic. Registered User regular
    I can't figure out why sometimes Daryl would take his arrows back from zombies if he had time, and now he seems to just keep leaving them. In the most recent episode it seems like he only has one arrow left. He totally could have climbed up and gotten the one from an answer for an arrow.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Did anyone catch the last scene for next week?
    MERLE!

kingworks on
  • Options
    BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    kingworks wrote:

Ugh. This does not restore my faith in the show. While killing zombies and stuff is cool, it's not what I am interested in. I don't watch this show to watch people kill Zombies, if I wanted to see that then I would play 5 of the video games currently out that do it WAY better and WAY more entertaining. I watch this show for the relationships. To see how people would get along in a world like that. And so far they have done a shit job save a few people.

To brush off complaints on the show with "Plebians. We can't have a show of just killing zombies. We want to show difficult moral decisions." pisses me off. They only have one fucking character that makes any decisions at all. Everyone else is boring and it would not bother me to have them die. Except Darryl and now Maggie. Shane, Darryl and Maggie. Only 3 interesting characters on the entire cast of like 12 now.

• Options
    Man what don't write out Glenn

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Sombodys zombied the waterin' hole!

loving this post

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Buddies wrote:
    kingworks wrote:

Ugh. This does not restore my faith in the show. While killing zombies and stuff is cool, it's not what I am interested in. I don't watch this show to watch people kill Zombies, if I wanted to see that then I would play 5 of the video games currently out that do it WAY better and WAY more entertaining. I watch this show for the relationships. To see how people would get along in a world like that. And so far they have done a shit job save a few people.

To brush off complaints on the show with "Plebians. We can't have a show of just killing zombies. We want to show difficult moral decisions." pisses me off. They only have one fucking character that makes any decisions at all. Everyone else is boring and it would not bother me to have them die. Except Darryl and now Maggie. Shane, Darryl and Maggie. Only 3 interesting characters on the entire cast of like 12 now.

They've made some very unusual decisions making a few characters from the comics different and less interesting. I can see them moving toward where they need to be these last couple episodes though.

• Options
    The only thing that's struck me out as super bad in the second season so far was (gonna spoil this in case people still haven't seen last week's episode)
    Rick having to argue with Lori over if they should try to save Carl's life or not? Really? Because Lori suddenly missed the lady who stayed behind at the CDC to die? I'm supposed to believe this show writers? Because it comes off as completely ridiculous.

There's way too much dead time (not nearly enough zombie time though) in these episodes, they could have easily compressed the last three episodes down to two without losing much. I'm still interested enough to see the barn and how they handle
    Merle's return in next week's episode
    to keep watching the show though. I hope it starts to pick up.

• Options
    BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote:
    Man what don't write out Glenn

I do kinda like Glenn. But he really didn't do anything at all from Episode 2 till this past episode, so I didn't include him in my list. Although I did put Maggie in there, but only because she is a stronger person than Glenn and I'm attracted to that personality hence the other 2 on that list.

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    I think that it's great that Glenn...
    ...got laid. That boy needed some sex after being dropped down a well.

• Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    This episode just reinforced the fact that it could be the hour-long exploits of Darryl and I'd be happy as a pig in shit.

Honestly at this point, every other character could die and I wouldn't even notice.

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    Sassori wrote:
    I think that it's great that Glenn...
    ...got laid. That boy needed some sex after being dropped down a well.
    Glenn in the well was a metaphor ... O_O

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    glenn in the well was one of the greatest things

i'm glad he got a badass moment

and yeah darryl just continued to prove why he's the best character this show has to offer a million times over

• Options
    Stale wrote:
    This episode just reinforced the fact that it could be the hour-long exploits of Darryl and I'd be happy as a pig in shit.

Honestly at this point, every other character could die and I wouldn't even notice.

You need at least a couple of stupid characters around so he can say awesome things to someone other than himself.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Cherokee Rose had my first "Aw fuck, that's nasty" moment.
    That zombie in the well, when it split, god dammit. It wasn't the intestines that did it, it was the ribs. Eurgh.

Man. How come I never get direct requests for sex when I hang out in the feminine hygiene aisle?

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Man. How come I never get direct requests for sex when I hang out in the feminine hygiene aisle?
    You lack that one crucial requirement:
    A zombie apocalypse.

• Options
    YoSoyTheWalrusYoSoyTheWalrus Registered User regular
    Larlar wrote:
    Stale wrote:

You need at least a couple of stupid characters around so he can say awesome things to someone other than himself.

Darryl and Glenn, running around the woods killing zombies, spitting one liners and banging farmers daughters

It's the perfect show

tumblr_mvlywyLVys1qigwg9o1_250.png