As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

• Options
    ValleoValleo Registered User regular
    Fuck, yes!

• Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    The first one on N64 was the best football game ever (Mutant League Football is a close second). Were any of the later entries worth playing? I stopped paying attention to the series after the second one due to mediocre reviews and the yearly brand milking.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Well, that's unexpected. NFL Blitz was about the football game I really, really enjoyed.

And of course, it'll likely never make a PC release so I can't be assed to care about this one. Shame.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    This would be nice if it was cool

But the whole NBA Jam thing comes to mind

• Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    NBA Jam was really good, did you even play it

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    InkyblotsInkyblots Registered User regular
    Yeah NBA jam was pretty great with the new tweaks they made to the gameplay, hopefully they do the same to blitz. Oh and fix the rubber banding AI please

• Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    I used to spend 2 bucks every day at lunch in college playing a full game of NFL Blitz at this arcade inside a bar near the dining hall. I think I was #1 on that thing for my entire freshman and sophomore years.

• Options
    TheSonicRetardTheSonicRetard Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    This would be nice if it was cool

But the whole NBA Jam thing comes to mind

Immediately what I thought of. EA fucked up NBA Jam's release so hard. Hope they don't do the same with Blitz.

So, from those screens, you get to build teams made up of players from different teams?

I'm pretty sure he's referring to the way it was marketed and handled, not the actual game itself. EA mishandled one of the biggest sports properties EVER.

TheSonicRetard on
  • Options
    I had blocked that out of my mind, that was pretty terrible of them.

• Options

I played On Fire edition and it was actually not that good at all

• Options
    MarthMarth Registered User regular
    FUCK YES

When can I hand EA all my money

Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • Options
    SkabSkab Registered User regular

Care to elaborate on what you didn't like about it?

I had quite a bit a fun with it myself, so I'm curious.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    January 3 huh

If I give them more money can I have it now please

Blitz is awesome. I liked The League II but I'll take this any day.

• Options
    zerg rushzerg rush Registered User regular
    Bullio wrote:
    The first one on N64 was the best football game ever

Lies. That one had ruberbanding AI like a motherfucker.

What's that, you're up 34 points? Interception, opponent touchdown, onside kick, opponent recovers for touchdown, onside kick, opponent recovers for touchdown, onside kick, you recover, fumble, opponent touchdown...

• Options
    Skab wrote:

Care to elaborate on what you didn't like about it?

I had quite a bit a fun with it myself, so I'm curious.

Everything zerg rush just said about Blitz on the 64

Rubberbanding like a motherfucker

Perhaps it was like that on the SNES, too. I honestly don't remember. If that's the case, I'd rather just look at it through my rose-tinted glasses.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    NBA Jam/NFL Blitz has always had rubberbanding

that's why you play it with other people

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Also the difference between Jam and Blitz here is that they tried to use Jam to sell their failing basketball franchise

Madden's doing just fine, so I doubt NFL Blitz will have the same problems. I just hope that if it's a full game it's fully featured enough to support the price tag. Shouldn't be too hard.

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Also the difference between Jam and Blitz here is that they tried to use Jam to sell their failing basketball franchise

Madden's doing just fine, so I doubt NFL Blitz will have the same problems. I just hope that if it's a full game it's fully featured enough to support the price tag. Shouldn't be too hard.

Before that, it was a wii-exclusive retail game, which, IMO, isn't much better.

They just handled the entire thing very poorly. By the time I got it on my PS3, it had been out for months apparently and I was stuck waiting for the release.

• Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    My friend and I finally managed to find a copy of Blitz: The League 2 a couple weeks back. Lot's of fun to play. Don't understand why people are so hung up on the license.

A new '99 style game could be fun, even with the E rating. Looking forward to it not being a terrible half-breed.

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    Page- wrote:
    My friend and I finally managed to find a copy of Blitz: The League 2 a couple weeks back. Lot's of fun to play. Don't understand why people are so hung up on the license.

A new '99 style game could be fun, even with the E rating. Looking forward to it not being a terrible half-breed.

I don't think people are hung up on the NFL license - they're hung up on the violent, gritty portrayal of American Football that Blitz: The League fostered. I don't play football games to watch people's legs break in grizzly ways, and then watch them juice for hours after.

• Options
    I do.

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    stream
  • Options
    Page- wrote:
    I do.

You should check out burnout then. It's like nascar, only they focus on the crashes instead of the race itself.

• Options
    I've played it. Still don't like racing games.

stream
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    Me and the bros loved this back in the day.

I probabley have no choice but to purchase and play the shit out of this.

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    The League II is awesome and this will be awesome and oh my god I love Blitz you guys.

edit: One thing about The League II is that it's INCREDIBLY glitchy. I don't mind it, I think it adds to the charm, but if you like your games to follow their own rules consistently then you might not like The League II. Just an FYI.

Marth on
  • Options
    BTPBTP Registered User regular
    edited October 2011

"Biggest bummer about NFL Blitz so far - no late hits. The NFL wouldn't allow it."

Bullio wrote:
    The first one on N64 was the best football game ever (Mutant League Football is a close second).

And so it shall remain.

Were any of the later entries worth playing? I stopped paying attention to the series after the second one due to mediocre reviews and the yearly brand milking.

Personally, I would say no ONLY because of how Fire Mode worked in those games. It was far too broken.

At least with the original Blitz, it was pretty much just pick your favorite team and go, since everyone had the same playbook.

BTP on
    Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection & DS High Scores Thread
    I WILL NOT BE DOING 3DS FOR NWC THREAD. SOMEONE ELSE WILL HAVE TO TAKE OVER.
    Spoiler contains Friend Codes. Won't you be my friend?
    My Friend Codes!

More Friend Codes!
    Mario Kart Wii: 3136-6982-0286 Tetris Party: 2364 1569 4310
    Guitar Hero: Metallica: 1032 7229 7191
    TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM: 1935-2070-9123

Nintendo DS:
    Worms: Open Warfare 2: 1418-7870-1606 Space Bust-a-Move: 017398 403043
    Scribblenauts: 1290-7509-5558
  • Options
    No late hits?

Weak.

stream
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Superweak.

• Options
    That's pretty lame, it was always a nice stress reliever to plow into somebody who just scored TD on you.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    New Blitz, WOOO!

The League games were good too, you could explode a dude's testicles for cryin out loud! No late hits is super dumb though (The NFL wouldn't allow it... jesus christ...)

Half the fun was rapid fire switching players and torpedoing guys before the play screen came up.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    I hope I can play with Obama and Clinton on my team, like in Jam.

And late hits? That sucks. At least it's not really a game play affecting change, though.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    NFL Blitz 2001 is one of my favorite games.

If it does anything like it then they have my money.

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    stream
  • Options
    NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    This is absolutely what I need to care about football video games again

Oh Blitz, I've always loved you

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    I haven't played Blitz since the first two entries on the N64. This may change that.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    Re: nholderRe: nholder Registered User regular
    So, this game totally came out. I've been seriously thinking about it but from what I've seen online and on giant bomb there aren't many people jumping on board quite yet. Did anyone pick it up?

• Options
    I got it and it's great. It's not quite like the classic games but I can deal.

• Options
    Re: nholderRe: nholder Registered User regular
    Marth wrote:
    I got it and it's great. It's not quite like the classic games but I can deal.

Good to hear. I figure if I can get over the lack of late hits (doesn't really bother me) I'll have fun with it. I'm only worried that there will be no one playing in the near future based on how lackluster the launch has been. Whatever, it's only 15 bucks, I'll go for it.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Wow talk about flying under the radar. I'll have to check this out, totally loved the old Blitz games.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA