As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] Mummy

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Wash wrote:
    why no black women simon you racist

Hook a brotha up, homeslice

I'm open to a little black puddin'

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote:
    Mim wrote:
    simonwolf wrote:
    Wash wrote:
    simonwolf why only asians

did you catch the yellow fever

I have dated white girls before, and am thinking about asking a girl out who happens to be white

Most of the girls I've dated have been Asian, it is just a thing that happened

And then entered Mim and then you'd have a whole other side of the globe situation going.

:winky:

Get outta my [chat], Mim

and get into my car

booyakasha.

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    My summer home and the bridge that brings the highway and my underground rail to it in Minecraft:
    BridgeAtNight.jpg

Usually the stuff I build looks bland, but that actually looks pretty cool at night.

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    More like Nerd_C.

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Yes, this is why I post here.

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Good night [chat]!

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Someone should tuck me in and read to me.

• Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote:
    Wash wrote:

Yeah no your name's going on the list at the next Secret Black People's Club meetings.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Someone should tuck me in and read to me.
    This is your lullaby
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuxBwelptag

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    What should I do my Pride and Prejudice literary analysis on? I was thinking of contrasting Darcy and Wickam.

• Options
    What should I do my Pride and Prejudice literary analysis on? I was thinking of contrasting Darcy and Wickam.

Contrast it with the zombie version?

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Wash wrote:
    simonwolf wrote:
    Wash wrote:

Yeah no your name's going on the list at the next Secret Black People's Club meetings.

Was it the "homeslice" or the "black puddin'" that put the nail in the coffin

• Options

Which one was Pride and which one was Prejudice?

• Options
    Sarksus wrote:

Contrast it with the zombie version?

Even though I disliked most of the characters, after reading the actual novel and discussing it in class some, I appreciate it a shitload more. I can't even say I dislike the book anymore. It is too finely written. There are aspects I can dislike, and particularly a plethora of useless rich snobby douche characters. I guess what I'm saying is that reading P&P has made me realize P&P&Z is like smearing poo on a china plate.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    y
    Personally I want to know if this man was trying to be a villain or something.

Like how did he have that many animals. Why did he unleash them in neighborhoods? I need answers.

It appears the dickbag killed himself and either wanted to get some recognition for his wasted life or thought going out like twelve monkeys was a good idea (it most certainly wasnt)

• Options
    I better publish Wuthering Frights

get on the bandwagon while the getting's good

• Options
    This is all I know about it.

darcytimesmall.png
    fannovel.png

• Options
    simonwolf wrote:

wutheringheightspt2sm.png

• Options
    I wrote a program that used Pride and Prejudice as a seed to write poems. It produced some of the worse drivel I've ever read.

• Options

Which one was Pride and which one was Prejudice?

Neither. That was like, the very first thing the teacher pointed out, was that while Elizabeth's folly is her prejudice against Darcy, which leads to bad things, and Darcy's pride almost cost him his chance with Liz, both characters display pride and prejudice at various points in the novel.

Wickam is a slimy bastard, the consumate liar. Darcy is a man of very solid character, although the author conceals it from us at first by presenting us with Elizabeth's perspective of him, only to later reveal that Liz was badly mistaken. But while Wickam has all the easy charm and social acumen that allows him to snow Liz (and almost everyone else), Darcy is an introvert and doesn't present himself well to others. Darcy and Wickam are basically opposites in almost every regard, aside from the fact that they're both physically attractive.

• Options
    I wrote a program that used Pride and Prejudice as a seed to write poems. It produced some of the worse drivel I've ever read.

Well you did write it.

• Options

It isn't even remotely a poetic novel.

You know that book that Carrot was writing that had all the dialogue and almost no one could read it? Pride and Prejudice was that, only done really effectively.

• Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote:

I am going to publish Wuthering Fight Club and Jane Bear.

The second is the tale of tragic romance between a brooding English nobleman with a dark secret and the giant female grizzly bear that rips his face off.

• Options
    Sarksus wrote:
    Well you did write it.

shut up i am a ge nidusd

You know that book that Carrot was writing that had all the dialogue and almost no one could read it? Pride and Prejudice was that, only done really effectively.

Meh. Girls like it, so I assumed it could make good gushy romantic crap. Mostly it was just a lot of DARCY DARCY DARCY DARCY seeeeeeeeeeexxxxxx. But in stanzas.

• Options
    I think if I read those two books now I would just be disappointed if they weren't just like Kate Beaton's comics.

• Options
    Lake Eyre, the heart-wrenching tale of a young man and his lust for a body of water in the middle of South Australia

• Options
    Sarksus wrote:
    Well you did write it.

shut up i am a ge nidusd

Meh. Girls like it, so I assumed it could make good gushy romantic crap. Mostly it was just a lot of DARCY DARCY DARCY DARCY seeeeeeeeeeexxxxxx. But in stanzas.

Eh, "girl's like it" because it is a well written romance that has an well matched couple. I like it because Darcy and Liz are well matched yes, but they are believably flawed and very evenly matched. Liz and Darcy spar and give as good as they get, and neither of them "beats" the other. They're both full of shit and they realize it in time to have a happy ending.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Goddamn you max for mentioning white castle last page. It reminded me that the good slider joint that I used to be ever so goddamn fond of (sassys sliders) is closed and there is no other place in my area where I can get an irresponsible amount of cheap delicious burgers on demand.

I hope you're pleased with yourself

• Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    Watching Bridesmaids. This movie is pretty good guys.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote:
    simonwolf wrote:

wutheringheightspt2sm.png

You forgot the greatest one of all time!

wuthering3.png

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Also, my English class hates me, and I don't care. They just sit there and do nothing. It is basically me having a conversation with the teacher because no one else says anything 90% of the time.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    four... years?

I can't even imagine 4 months. It's been 1 month and that's self imposed exile.

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Also, my English class hates me, and I don't care. They just sit there and do nothing. It is basically me having a conversation with the teacher because no one else says anything 90% of the time.

yeah that happens sometimes

it's never ever a bad idea to make friends with your professors

ever

• Options
    Eh, "girl's like it" because it is a well written romance that has an well matched couple. I like it because Darcy and Liz are well matched yes, but they are believably flawed and very evenly matched. Liz and Darcy spar and give as good as they get, and neither of them "beats" the other. They're both full of shit and they realize it in time to have a happy ending.

Nah, I'm just kidding. The poems sucked because I was using a very simple algorithm and Pride and Prejudice isn't a big enough sample set. [
    Deebaser wrote:
    I hope you're pleased with yourself

Now you know my pain. Too south for White Castle, too north for Krystal.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular

Hey, that sounds like a good half of my english classes! Aww yeah actually being interested in things.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    I went and played videogames and didn't get to call that guy claiming 30 LoL kills per game a liar.

• Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular

I'm in the exact opposite position, since I've pretty much stopped talking completely in my English class once I realized how the professor was actively looking for anyone other than me to speak.

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular

As criticisms go, that's not one of the meaner I've gotten.

• Options
    Why'd you try to write a novel?

• Options
    four... years?

I can't even imagine 4 months. It's been 1 month and that's self imposed exile.

It is a hard knock life, being an unattractive dude

This discussion has been closed.