As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MSPA: THREAD BORKED, PARADOX SPACE TO BLAME

• Options
    Pereza0Pereza0 Registered User regular
    Jack was able to use the powers of the green sun despite it not even existing yet. I know time means nothing in the medium and ALREADY HERE and everything, but it's weird.
    might be the reason vriska stood a chance against him at all?

who knows

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Thetheroo wrote:
    The EOA is up on the page itself now.

No more having to download it.

DOWN WITH THE TYRANNICAL REIGN OF SPOILERS

KNOWLEDGE FOR ALL

EVEN THOSE WHO DON'T WANT IT

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Larlar said to keep it in spoilers until midnight.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Official End of Act V page is up.

And so it begins.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    That was a pretty kick-ass flash

Not sure how I feel about
    Puppy Power PM

hmm.

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    I wonder if the next few pages will use the same style as the end of act 4 pages

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    It was inevitable that
    SOMEONE was going to put on that ring. So it was either going to be puppy power WV or puppy power PM.
    Unless you just mean you're not sure about the art.

• Options
    UrscaUrsca Registered User regular
    Baidol wrote:
    Official End of Act V page is up.

And so it begins.

This feeling. It's so familiar.

Could it be that human emotion known as updates?
    I had almost forgotten how.

• Options
    tynic wrote:
    It was inevitable that
    SOMEONE was going to put on that ring. So it was either going to be puppy power WV or puppy power PM.

I mean the art, mainly
    We didn't really get ALL that good a look at her in the flash so maybe it'll grow on me, but I've always liked the simplicity of PM's design and the doggy ears don't quite look right to my eye

Pretty sweet that she's omniscient-tier now, though

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Hey guys, what if the "most important character in Homestuck"
    narration refers not to Gamzee but to the Lil' Cal that he has set up in front of the computer?

This seems really silly but I also think it makes sense.

• Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    tynic wrote:
    Two months of CD dancing his little legs off.

Yeah, that would have been pretty fantastic.

Someone needs to combine that with Hussie dancing his legs off.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Did you guys see the update? (Of course you did)

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    And so begins the Squiddles intermission

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Didgeridoo wrote:
    tynic wrote:
    It was inevitable that

I mean the art, mainly
    We didn't really get ALL that good a look at her in the flash so maybe it'll grow on me, but I've always liked the simplicity of PM's design and the doggy ears don't quite look right to my eye

My theory: with her powers now PM is really awesome at delivering the mail. "Priority overnight"? Moot point when you can teleport.

Seriouspost: poor WV :?

• Options
    ASimPerson wrote:
    narration refers not to Gamzee but to the Lil' Cal that he has set up in front of the computer?

Somebody already pointed that out and I'm inclined to agree.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    Larlar wrote:
    ASimPerson wrote:

Oh whoops. I only skimmed the posts from this morning.

• Options
    ASimPerson wrote:
    My theory: with her powers now PM is really awesome at delivering the mail. "Priority overnight"? Moot point when you can teleport.

OH NO what if PM is now consumed with self-loathing because she is part Parcel Mistress and part DOG THAT HATES MAIL CARRIERS

• Options
    ASimPerson wrote:

I think either setting this up as a reveal or at least setting it up as an ambiguous point is basically the only reason to have him there at all, so yep basically.

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    I think I must be the only one who thought Jack wasn't going to kill PM. It looked like love in that dog's eye. But that'd be STUPID, right??

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    ASimPerson wrote:
    Larlar wrote:
    ASimPerson wrote:

I think so too, but I was hoping that it wouldn't be a fakeout.
    L'l Cal being Lord English or at least heavily linked to him is looking likely since "he is already here" in both universes and even spoke to Gamzee. Granted Gamzee was pretty insane at that time but still.

• Options
    CrowbawtCrowbawt Member of the Midnight Crew Registered User regular
    I really liked the look of that big weird monster thing John killed.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Taya wrote:
    ASimPerson wrote:
    Larlar wrote:
    ASimPerson wrote:

L'l Cal being Lord English or at least heavily linked to him is looking likely since "he is already here" in both universes and even spoke to Gamzee. Granted Gamzee was pretty insane at that time but still.

I don't think it'll be as simple or direct as that but I'm certainly expecting Cal to have some kind of significant influence over the story's endgame.

Edit: I skimmed over the "at least heavily linked" part. Bluh. Go Team Literacy!

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Taya wrote:
    ASimPerson wrote:
    Larlar wrote:
    ASimPerson wrote:

Plus, he's about the only character with the right dimensions to fit the coat.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    ASimPerson wrote:
    Didgeridoo wrote:
    tynic wrote:
    It was inevitable that

I mean the art, mainly

Don't worry he clearly died in his quest town!

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    VoproSTEINVoproSTEIN howdyRegistered User regular
    Act 5 has ended.

The dawn of a new era has begun.

• Options
    Also, I noticed something that may have been discussed or may not be worthy of mention, but
    The only two trolls to make god tier were Aradia and Vriska, who are Time and Light, just like Rose and Dave who just made it to god tier now.

John and Jade are god tier too, and they're Breath and Space. The two trolls who were those, Kanaya and Tavros, both got the kissing treatment and the "nope they're dead" together thing.

It doesn't mean anything that I can see, but it's interesting.

• Options
    WhytherWhyther Registered User regular
    We are further past the End of Act Five than we have ever been.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Winky wrote:
    So Jade
    is like the most powerful being ever isn't she? She has all of bec's powers in addition to being god tier. She should be strictly stronger than Jack and Jack is unwilling to hurt her. She could take him down no problem.
    Her capabilities are off the charts, I think, but I'm pretty sure Jack has more explosive/destructive power because of the 4x prototyped ring. In the act 4 finale he starts throwing ring power around tearing everything up, etc, and that was before Jade came into play.

Keep in mind, we haven't even seen him USE the ring in that way since he got the first guardian upgrade. I have a feeling he is capable of doing so much more than we have seen, but he hasn't bothered using the ring's destructive power for a while, since he's powerful enough that he hasn't needed to. That will probably change if he and PM duke it out.

I really hope they duke it out.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    yes we have

it was in this flash

• Options
    edited October 2011
    sollux is twinarmaggedons aaaahhhhhhhh

... holy shit.

tynic on
  • Options
    Goatmon wrote:
    Winky wrote:
    So Jade
    is like the most powerful being ever isn't she? She has all of bec's powers in addition to being god tier. She should be strictly stronger than Jack and Jack is unwilling to hurt her. She could take him down no problem.
    Her capabilities are off the charts, I think, but I'm pretty sure Jack has more explosive/destructive power because of the 4x prototyped ring. In the act 4 finale he starts throwing ring power around tearing everything up, etc, and that was before Jade came into play.

Keep in mind, we haven't even seen him USE the ring in that way since he got the first guardian upgrade.

Remember though
    Vriska was fighting pretty equally with him while she was only god tier. Even though she rolled lucky, she was still only that.

Jade now has god tier AND the guardian's omnipotent power.

• Options
    CrowbawtCrowbawt Member of the Midnight Crew Registered User regular
    Yeah Doc Scratch said at some point that Jack is more powerful than him because of the queen's ring in addition to first guardian powers, and that would extend to Jade too

Although, she has god tier powers too I guess, so maybe not

• Options
    space is probably, like, the best thing to be a god of, too

• Options
    Wait
    Isn't Jack now made more powerful since Jadesprite was the one who became god tier? So now the sprite aspect would translate god tier to the ring?

• Options
    VoproSTEIN wrote:
    Goatmon wrote:
    Winky wrote:
    So Jade

Keep in mind, we haven't even seen him USE the ring in that way since he got the first guardian upgrade.

Remember though
    Vriska was fighting pretty equally with him while she was only god tier. Even though she rolled lucky, she was still only that.

Jade now has god tier AND the guardian's omnipotent power.
    That is true!

But, thinking about it, I gotta wonder how the trolls could created weapons that would enable someone, even Vriska, to have a fighting chance against Jack.

Come to think of it, we really don't know anything about where their weapons came from. Now I'm curious.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    VoproSTEIN wrote:
    Wait
    Isn't Jack now made more powerful since Jadesprite was the one who became god tier? So now the sprite aspect would translate god tier to the ring?
    No. The only attributes that carry over to the rings are whatever a kernelsprite has been prototyped with when it enters the medium.

Jade didn't prototype her dream self until afterwards, so only Bequerel's powers were carried over.

This is why Jack doesn't also look like Nanna or Dave, both of whom were not prototyped until after John and Dave were in the medium.

Goatmon on

• Options
    Pereza0Pereza0 Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    VoproSTEIN wrote:
    Wait
    Post entry "prototype", remember?

ninjad DAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN

Pereza0 on
  • Options
    Right right, I am mspaDUMB

• Options
    oh man, this album has a remix of temporal piano

it's like this album was MADE for me

• Options
    RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    So after having a day to mull it over, I have to admit I'm kinda disappointed in the flash. I mean, it was still entertaining, but it didn't have the 'oomph' of the other EOA flashes.
    Mainly, I think it did too much stuff. Now, it wasn't really hard to follow, and I only had to watch it twice to pick up everything, which is way less than I had to watch say, Descend the first time I saw it. However, it has so many plot threads going on at once, that I feel none of them ever gets enough time to build up an emotional impact. Although, part of this probably has to do with the fact that I haven't read some of the events leading in to the flash in quite some time (particularly the trolls). I feel like the flash would have been better as a series of flashes, like we had Jack Ascend, WV rise up, etc. It just has so much information to communicate that individual moments of awesomeness kinda get lost in the shuffle.

My other main complaint is about the art. I feel like this flash, more than any other flash, really feels like it was made by a huge team without a unifying vision. Now, that's not to say the art wasn't good, because it was. Several scenes in particular still make me go woah and there are a ton of pieces I would love to have as wallpaper. But, there are several sections where the art is so stylistically different (not going to name anything, because I don't want to tread on toes) that it feels disjointed.

Please don't take me for some ungrateful lout, either. I know a lot of this is due to the sheer size of the projects and time constraints (because really, who wants to wait months and months for a flash?). I'm really happy with what we have. However, for its amazing length and all the plot threads it addresses, in the end it just doesn't have the emotional impact for me of previous flashes like Descend or Make Her Pay.

Long whiny entitled rant aside, I'm super excited to see where the story is going to go from here, because I didn't manage to predict like, any of this.

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
This discussion has been closed.