As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Call of Cthulhu - OOC] Whispers in the Darkness

• PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    From a narrative perspective, I am so glad you didn't throw that envelope away.

Also, Marcus, what if El Skid wanted to try to seduce the hotel clerk?! It's been hours since he last had crazy freaky drug sex.

• Captain MarcusCaptain Marcus now arrives the hour of actionRegistered User regular
    He can if he wants, but he won't get any help from his friends when she starts acting like Linda Blair.

• El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Ahahahahaha

We can probably just assume he got her number and they can hook up later- I'm sure it'll end up happening anyway :P

• PeffPeff Registered User regular
    Ooh, Rucdoc, shit doth hiteth the fan.

steam_sig.png
  • rucdocrucdoc Crazy guy in the corner ClassifiedRegistered User regular
    I was very tempted. definate not gonna look at the disk on any computer that belongs to me, or that I can be connected to

Original Creepy Janitor

http://www.dust514stats.com
  • Captain MarcusCaptain Marcus now arrives the hour of actionRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    This is what Todt was imagining when he was holstering his single gun. (sorry if it takes a bit to load, made it myself!)

Captain Marcus on
    This is what Todt was imagining when he was holstering his single gun. (sorry if it takes a bit to load, made it myself!)
    Now the pressure is on me to deliver a no-holds-barred, adrenaline-fueled thrill ride.

Now the pressure is on me to deliver a no-holds-barred, adrenaline-fueled thrill ride.
    But what about the considerable amount of paperwork?

As a heads up, I'm in the process of moving, so updates may be a bit spotty over the next few days. So...keep talking amongst yourselves I guess.

I think it's someone elses turn to talk, I had the last line

Original Creepy Janitor

Ready whenever you guys are

Just checking if Rudoc wants to come play with us or not, otherwise I'm good to move out.

steam_sig.png
    No rush, just didn't want you guys treading water on my account.

Wire cutters is something I would totally expect Guy to carry around- hope it's okay they've popped into his inventory. (Let me know if it isnt and I can edit)

wire cutters is just a fancy word for knife if you want it done in quick and dirty fashon. Otherwise I would need a set of insulated screw drivers.

Original Creepy Janitor

I've got a knife on me, if needed.

steam_sig.png
    I have no problem with Guy carrying a bag of tricks, within reason. He can certainly afford it. The trick will be knowing which wires to cut.

Back in the 80s, were there really that many wires? I guess maybe cable, since the guy seems rich... so that'd be a grand total of two wires going into the house...shouldn't be that difficult to tell which is which, right? (do tell us if we need a roll, or if there are crazy numbers of wires going in there)

power, phone, cable, security maybe. but phone lines are usually easy to spot, small, little shielding. where as power is massive and will kill you, cable is coax, and the security is probably tied to the phone and won't matter

Original Creepy Janitor

You make a good point, and it's faster this way, so I'll allow the line to be cut without a check.

Woo!

Peff or Marcus: Spot hidden check

Putting out fires is probably not what Kick does, but oh well!

I appreciated the clever thinking there.

Also, as you guys are a team that has worked together before, I don't mind if you have a few hand signals or code phrases worked out ahead of time for situations. Just work them out here and run them by me.

I am listening, just to move it along a bit.

Since you guys have finished up the upstairs, move to the hall downstairs?

Ok!

Remember, the 2nd symbol looks terrible because it was crudely drawn. It certainly had nothing to do with my MS Paint skills or lack thereof.

so it was crudely drawn either way :P

Original Creepy Janitor

Nooooo Derleth is the worst. Ah well!

edited May 2012
    You mean because of the sigil? It was that or I try to make up my own. Unfortunately, I failed my Art skill check.

PsychoLarry1 on
    You gonna answer rucdoc Skid?

Thanks for the prompt, PL- I actually didn't see that question :D

So many posts. Sorry I'm out of town for the weekend (on my phone) I'll update when I can get a real keyboard.

steam_sig.png
    edited May 2012
    Knowledge check from Peff or Marcus, por favor.

edit: Or Chemistry I suppose.

PsychoLarry1 on
    Looks like you're going to have to handle it, Peff. I just have Bio and Medicine.

edited May 2012
    Looks like you're going to have to handle it, Peff. I just have Bio and Medicine.
    You only have a 1% chance of failing the Knowledge check.

PsychoLarry1 on
    You only have a 1% chance of failing the Knowledge check.

Hmm? Ok!

1d100 vs 99- 66, pass

The fluid in the tub is definitely sulfuric acid, in case you were considering hopping in.

Reaching in, actually.