As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Leopard-Skin Pill-Box [chat]

simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a differencetoday, a differenceRegistered User regular
edited October 2011 in Debate and/or Discourse
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dDHkRrJ9QE
Wiki wrote:
Dylan's lyrics affectionately ridicule a female "fashion victim" who wears a leopard skin pillbox hat. The pillbox hat was a popular, highly fashionable ladies' hat in the United States in the early-to-mid 1960s, and was most famously worn by Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis. Dylan satirically crosses this accessory's high-fashion image with leopard-skin material, perceived as considerably more downmarket and vulgar. (Of course, genuine leopard skin was very upmarket, since it came from an endangered species. It was not yet illegal to trade in leopard-skin, but it was rare and valuable.) The song was also written and released long after pillbox hats had been at the height of fashion, something that was very apparent to listeners at the time.
Bob Dylan wrote:
It's a song about a hat, man.

simonwolf on

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Too bad you're not a girl, Organichu. That would be perfect for you.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    I was moments away from posting Mallard Filmore.

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    I was never a fan of Bob Dylan. He's got one or two great songs, but besides that, he's pretty blah.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    My general opinion of Dylan is that he has some really solid albums, but he's gone on a massive decline in the past decade or two

also that fuckin' moustache, jeeze

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    No, my XBox isn't under warranty. It seems to work if I give it some cool down time, so I'll let it cool down over night.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Ah, I had almost finished a Gor themed op.

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Should really finish filling out my okc profile.. but everytime I look at the empty boxes i'm like... "eh"

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote:
    desc wrote:

He said funny.

everyone was being slow so I was going to do it in retaliation for non-immediate [chat] thread manufacture

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    desc wrote:

He said funny.

• Options
    Also I figured out why Rock Paper Shotgun loads like a whale climbing into a dump truck. They use stupid social networking widget bullshit which take forever to load and there is a set of widgets for each article. AdBlock is not blocking them very well, either.

God damn Brits.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote:
    No, my XBox isn't under warranty. It seems to work if I give it some cool down time, so I'll let it cool down over night.

Get a small in-window A/C unit, point it directly at the air vents for your xbox, and never overheat again... maybe.

• Options
    Thomamelas wrote:

At this point, it's probably going to fail.

Mine's going to be failing soon, too. On one hand, I don't want to shell over the money for a new one. On the other hand, this is a good time because of holiday bundles.

• Options
    simonwolf wrote:
    My general opinion of Dylan is that he has some really solid albums, but he's gone on a massive decline in the past decade or two

...oh shit. I had no idea he was still alive.

• Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    At this point I honestly have no idea if my 360 even still works.

I'd try and find out, but I like the uncertainty.

Burnishes my PC elitist cred, too.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    My entertainment spending for October.

Capture_ent.jpg

Clockwise: Film/TV, music, video games, dancing. Closer and closer to beachballness.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    simonwolf wrote:

...oh shit. I had no idea he was still alive.

probably better to keep thinking that way

• Options
    Elki wrote:
    Clockwise: Film/TV, music, video games, dancing. Closer and closer to beachballness.

You pay to dance, or pay for dance lessons?

• Options
    msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Should really finish filling out my okc profile.. but everytime I look at the empty boxes i'm like... "eh"

its okay, sometimes a really long profile isn't a good thing, I know for me it gives me more reasons to message someone and ask. "So, what exactly are your favorite movies?"

By the way, being single is fun. Dating is interesting.

And I "squee'd" a little on the inside when my crush drove me home from school today, granted he's like 3 years younger than me since I'm freakin' OLD, but it was a good feeling.

msmya on
  • Options
    Elki wrote:

Workshops (lessons) and dance venue covers.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    I should get around to making one of those OKC profiles

It's just that, from quick glance at the available ladies on there, they seem to generally be terrible

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
  • Options
    Sarksus wrote:

Oh yeah. When I read that I was totally unconcerned about the possibility that it could be used against me, and just impressed with what those researchers managed to do.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Oh Batman, you might have too many gadgets in this outing. Still, you are The Batman so I will persevere.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote:
    I should get around to making one of those OKC profiles

It's just that, from quick glance at the available ladies on there, they seem to generally be terrible

You won't find anyone not trying.

• Options
    msmya wrote:

its okay, sometimes a really long profile isn't a good thing, I know for me it gives me more reasons to message someone and ask. "So, what exactly are your favorite movies?"

The funny part: this is one of the only sections I have filled out.

It's the My Summary box. My life up to this point is kind of a big thing. I mean when I finished Potty Training.. that was a big deal.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote:
    desc wrote:

He said funny.

I dunno, this one's pretty good.

4Bj9O.gif

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Oh Batman, you might have too many gadgets in this outing. Still, you are The Batman so I will persevere.

Can one be too prepared?

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Organichu wrote:

I made this up.

• Options
    emnmnme wrote:

Can one be too prepared?

I only have so many buttons on my bat-controller.

• Options
    Cinders wrote:
    Thomamelas wrote:
    desc wrote:

He said funny.

I dunno, this one's pretty good.

4Bj9O.gif

Ducks don't have teeth. I suspect this is a liberal smear campaign to make conservatives look like gap-toothed lunatics.

• Options
    Elki wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:

Oh yeah. When I read that I was totally unconcerned about the possibility that it could be used against me, and just impressed with what those researchers managed to do.

It's extremely unlikely. A lot of the weird shit that researchers find as far as security is concerned require such exact conditions that there's little chance of it being used in the real world. I still love hearing about what they find is possible with our technology, though.

• Options
    Also, batman arkham city really starts with a bang. And you get to punch someone you didn't even know you wanted to punch.

• Options
    msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    Alas, I may have a few guy crushes, but I'm too shy to ask them out or do anything about it or I know someone else that likes them already......... what

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    mfparodyamericathebook.jpg

(from America: The Book)

wandering on
  • Options
    emnmnme wrote:

Can one be too prepared?

I only have so many buttons on my bat-controller.

The fatter Batman gets, the more inches he gets on his waistline, the more pouches he can attach to his utility belt.

• Options
    Organichu wrote:
    Organichu wrote:

I made this up.

I know. You don't own a PC.

• Options
    msmya wrote:
    Alas, I may have a few guy crushes, but I'm too shy to ask them out or do anything about it or I know someone else that likes them already......... what

mya, mya, mya.

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Elki wrote:
    Elki wrote:

Strippers.

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
This discussion has been closed.