Options

2011 PAX Forums SEKRIT SANTA!!! *Time for Christmas Stalking!*

• Options
    draklandraklan Chocobo in time the Frosty North... mmm FrostingRegistered User regular
    Thanks for posting that it was received Nakki and it seemed to have arrived intact for which i'm super happy. I hope you truly like it all and congrats sound like they are in order as well so grats :)

• Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    not sure what's up with my pictures. small-ified them, but there are still showing too big when i post them. i'll try again tomorrow.

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • Options
    Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    My gift was delivered to my Santee but he still hasn't posted yet, he doesnt come on the forums that much ;|

I know the USPS said it was delivered, but I've been out of town working on a shoot and there's nothing here. I'll check with the apartment office tomorrow.

PASig.gif
  • Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    Lokiale wrote:
    tvethiopia wrote:
    a question on shipping: did anyone sending gifts within the us NOT use usps? they have finally discovered the error with the address on my santee's gift and it is coming back to me. given their massive delays and weird mis-sends, would i be better off using ups or fedex when i ship it out again?
    I used fedex and it got there pretty speedily but I mainly used them because of the weird shape of the package I sent.

If it's domestic use a courier like UPS or FedEx. They have better tracking. For international, unless you're using an express service that includes all charges (brokerage especially), stick to USPS/Canada Post/Royal Mail/ןıɐɯ ןɐʎoɹ

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    I HAVE ANGERED THE ELDER GODS

http://imgur.com/a/5TgB7#0

I have received the most amazing AND the most heartbreaking gift of all time...

OF ALL TIME!!!

feast your souls upon the link above!

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    DangeresquetooDangeresquetoo Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Okay package received Thank you Nakki for the scientific goodness. Pix will come tomorrow!

Dangeresquetoo on
  • Options
    SkimblecatSkimblecat Victoria BCRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Yay my Sekrit Santa present arrived today!!! I picked up the package at the post office after work today.

When I got home, Roxie wanted to play ball

I explained that I had WAY more important things to do then play ball with her. So Rox wondered if the package would play ball with her?

Now, how to open the package?! I know! I will run through the house with these in hand!!
    No, wait, I think Mom told me I wasn't supposed to run carrying scissors.... Oh well!

Inside there were 2 wrapped presents!!! Roxie carefully examined them for 1) food and 2) Ninjas. I explained that ninjas are usually bigger than those packages are, but she is always on alert. Constant vigilance!!

OMG these are the coolest ever!! Thank you sooo much!!!

Roxie wondering if anyone will play ball, as I run giggling down the hall to the office to start watching these...

Thank you thank you thank you!! I am already half way through Dream-Quest!!

edit: ok, I can't get the images to appear, just the links...

Skimblecat on
    Enforcer
    PAX Prime Security Team Lead
    PAX Dev Security Manager
  • Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    Poor Roxie, won't someone play ball with her? :(

I love your dog Skimblecat :D

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Tennis balls are a restricted toy for her (they can wear down teeth) but she got that ball for Christmas so I've let her have it out since we got home. She gets REALLY excited when she finds it in the house :-)

Skimblecat on
    Enforcer
    PAX Dev Security Manager
  • Options
    tehnakkitehnakki Registered User regular
    Okay package received Thank you Nakki for the scientific goodness. Pix will come tomorrow!
    WAAAHHT??? How did it get there so quickly!! I guess sacrificing to appease the postal gods was a good idea!!! =D

draklan wrote:
    Thanks for posting that it was received Nakki and it seemed to have arrived intact for which i'm super happy. I hope you truly like it all and congrats sound like they are in order as well so grats :)
    Mugs are always a safe bet with me since I tend to break one every three months. Dude, I'm gonna be the coolest nerd in the planetary science division with that mug. And I'm gonna hang the wreath on my satellite when I get home, to make it more festive!

Hufflepuff for lief, muthafuckers!

the 'teh' is silent: eljay ~ * ~ twitter ~ * ~ ravelry ~ * ~ last.fm
  • Options
    eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    I got part two of my gift all the way from Scotland! I always knew Santa had a secret base there...

I WILL EAT ALL THE THINGS:
    IMAG0042.jpg

Pictured above are a Star Wars cookbook and a DC snuggie...in case my crazy is in the way and you can't tell.

Well, you know, I'll probably cook them first and not just eat the pictures. THANK YOU SO MUCH MOST AWESOMEST SANTA CLOUDWALKER!!! I want you to know that I am typing this message from inside an extremely comfortable super powered snuggie. <3<3<3 One of my friends got me a Wonder Woman snuggie which currently lives on my computer chair (this one shall live on the living room couch) so I am most definitely going to be a snug boss. BAM. I'm going to wear Wonder Woman on my front, this DC one on my back, and my regular sleeveless Batman fleece on my head. This shall be my new fearsome costume for stalking criminals in the winter. Muahahahaha!

• Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    SmallLady wrote:
    I HAVE ANGERED THE ELDER GODS

http://imgur.com/a/5TgB7#0

I have received the most amazing AND the most heartbreaking gift of all time...

OF ALL TIME!!!

feast your souls upon the link above!

It would appear the ancient gods have indeed been angered. It's either that or USPS decided to use the parcel for football practice. I am however overjoyed to hear the MLPs made it safely from the UK :)

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    SmallLady wrote:
    SmallLady wrote:
    SmallLady wrote:
    SmallLady wrote:
    Ok, this is the updated list of people who have not yet gotten their gifts. Please let me know if there are any errors. I am only human :)

Mysticode
    That_Spoony_Bard
    Decius
    qs23

Cloudwalker (mayhaps eaten by the royal mail)
    Danneh (getting a NYE delivery)
    Chaosisorder (china)
    Catboy (Santa is a silly goose and will be getting a NYE delivery)
    yoshamano (Santa is a also a very silly goose and hasn't shipped yet)
    blAAAm!!! (Santa hasn't shipped yet, but plans for a delivery by the 31st, and plans to make up for lateness with awesomeness)
    Nullzone (Shipping Error!)

updated & fixed

• Options
    EleriEleri Registered User regular
    Skimblecat wrote:

Thank you thank you thank you!! I am already half way through Dream-Quest!!

edit: ok, I can't get the images to appear, just the links...

Yay! It arrived! Merry belated Christmas :) I'll pass on your glee to the filmmaker, too.

Linking Book Nerds Unite!
    MYSTERIUM 2014 Spokane, WA
    www.mysterium.net
    Unwritten: Adventures in the Ages of Myst & Beyond
    www.unwrittenrpg.com
  • Options
    draklandraklan Chocobo in time the Frosty North... mmm FrostingRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Ok My gift from Cabsy arrived today. I've taken pictures and all that will upload them when i'm more awake. I work nights so early afternoon is my morning time and I've never been a morning person. :)

ok i can't figure this out it doesn't like where i've hosted the pics. so here is the link to the pics and my comments hidden behind a spoiler
    redir.aspx?cid=64504292895f73e8&resid=64504292895F73E8!142&parid=64504292895F73E8!133&authkey=!AHb3V34c4-oRPT8

draklan on
  • Options
    peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    pureval wrote:
    Thank you Santa Peet I love it all. Hopefully I can catch up with you in April and thank you in person.

np. I am glad you liked it. For those wondering, here are the Magic cards: https://plus.google.com/photos/111447122683124196207/albums/5692005505120088961

7B14287.png
  • Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Pictures!

I picked up my box from the post office and immediately noticed its largeness. Next I noticed it was from Chaosisorder. Yay!
    When I opened, I found a plethora of presents!
    DSC06497.jpg

What is that paper? Why, it's a character sheet filled out and personalized just for me.
    DSC06501.jpg
    I am a level 20 female human wizard, with a chaotic good alignment, who speaks geek. Some highlights: I have a knit bonus in dexterity, 25 charisma (apparently legal when Chaos DM's) with a dimple bonus, and 1 billion XP. My powers and feats include magic sewing, epic smile, and blonde hubris. My wealth is BOOBS.

I also received a (dirty and hilarious) card that informed me my presents had numbers corresponding to those on my character sheet to give me bonuses in those areas.
    Present #1 was my party members.
    DSC06516.jpg
    Quoted from the character sheet: SewingPunzie, the magician of Arcadia, travels with her party members, and delivers joy and Christmas Greetings!
    DSC06535.jpg
    I got a creepy graduate Lego minifig (extra intelligence points, negative to charisma?) and a cute Chinese girl.

#2 was a bonus to my Arcana Intelligence.
    DSC06510.jpg
    Cursor's Fury. The 3rd book in Jim Butcher's Codex Alera series.

#3 was for my Insight Wisdom.
    DSC06517.jpg
    Season 1 of Gilmore Girls.

#4 for my Perception.
    DSC06520.jpg
    2 Mindless Self Indulgence CD's. Clearly some classy listening for my adventuring.

#6: Diplomacy
    DSC06524.jpg
    A board game: Ghost Stories. (also a VERY inside joke. don't ask because I'm not telling)

#7: IN-TI-MI-DATE
    DSC06525.jpg
    A red dalek!

Numbers 5, 8, and 9 fell under equipment and magic items.
    DSC06522.jpg
    Gir gloves

DSC06528.jpg
    a Gir bag of holding

DSC06531.jpg
    and a magic key (a utili-key).

#10: endurance
    DSC06507.jpg
    An innuendo :P

The full haul:
    DSC06532.jpg

Obligatory cat pics:
    bag of holding is soft
    DSC06537.jpg

Cat vs. Dalek
    DSC06545.jpg

Thanks Chaos (and Emod)! <3

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • Options
    @Eleri Thank you so much! Yes, please pass along my glee to the filmmaker, I enjoyed both very much!!

Enforcer
    PAX Dev Security Manager
  • Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    DAS BOXEN! I SMITE THEE WITH MINE BLADE
    6603780067_00d4a8a167.jpg

A lovely box. (I'm rather impressed with Amazon's gift wrapping after this thread, this makes me want to use it in the future!)
    6603783673_63af63707c.jpg

The agony and ecstasy of Secret Santa indeed.
    6603781045_7d83852603.jpg

Woo, Pound-o-Dice! I actually got a pretty good haul from it, two oversized d6 and a decent number of dice that are fairly evenly painted. Score!
    6603784447_5cf5f784d5.jpg

Wil Wheaton once asked whether you could have too many dice. I'm not sure if I know the answer, but...
    ...I'm willing to try and find out. :)
    6603785197_9f5067c637.jpg

Thanks, Cultural Geek Girl! :)

Oh, and I rolled a fistful of them -- got three 20s. :D

Nullzone on
  • Options
    Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    I got it!

Long story short, it was a comedy of errors between the postman, my apartment complex and myself.

But I've got the book now. Pics are incoming...

PASig.gif
  • Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    draklan wrote:
    Ok My gift from Cabsy arrived today. I've taken pictures and all that will upload them when i'm more awake. I work nights so early afternoon is my morning time and I've never been a morning person. :)

ok i can't figure this out it doesn't like where i've hosted the pics. so here is the link to the pics and my comments hidden behind a spoiler
    redir.aspx?cid=64504292895f73e8&resid=64504292895F73E8!142&parid=64504292895F73E8!133&authkey=!AHb3V34c4-oRPT8

I'm glad you liked those cufflinks! The book I just threw in because somehow I have managed to end up with SO MANY COPIES.

• Options
    LollerskateDJLollerskateDJ Registered User regular
    Qs23 wrote:
    I got it!

Long story short, it was a comedy of errors between the postman, my apartment complex and myself.

But I've got the book now. Pics are incoming...

Oh sweet jesus, I am so happy to hear this. Sorry it wasn't much though, finances were tight. Merry belated Christmas :)

PAX EAST 2012 Status: [X] Confirmed for East [X] Badges [X]Money
    PAX East 2012 Shape-a-thon--Team Twitter Spam [LITE] -- Thinspiration!
    OMG Follow me! @LollerskateDJ
  • Options
    ZeroHourHeroZeroHourHero Allentown, PARegistered User regular
    Update: Talked to amazon today, theyre resending the package, for free, overnight, so... it should be there tomorrow.

• Options
    blAAAm!!!blAAAm!!! Cleveland, OhioRegistered User regular
    forgot to post. I did receive my awesome stuff. I will post pictures later!!!

• Options
    browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    ((DELETED)) just saw PM from my santee, hurrah! :)

browncoatbeth on

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • Options
    It is now Jan 3rd

and I hate to do this guys.. but this is where we are at.

Santa's who have not talked to me and really should because wtf guys.
    Decius has no gift yet, and his santa is SpawnofCthulhu [Snifit]
    Mysticode has no gift yet, and his santa is Caelesto

Giftee's who's santa's have spoken to me
    Cloudwalker (mayhaps eaten by the royal mail)
    Chaosisorder (china)
    Catboy (Santa is a very silly goose and screwed up NYE delivery. )
    yoshamano (Santa is a also a very silly goose and shipped very late)
    That_Spoony_Bard (first present got lost in the mail. second one on the way)

• Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    Not to run to snifit's defense, since I'm pretty sure I can get glined from irc for that, but
    Santee!

On your package is a letter!
    It's not just a makeshift address thing! There's a note inside of it, make sure to read it!

would seem to imply he sent it out!

• Options
    The reason snift is on this list is because he has not come to me to explain what's going on or to provide tracking information for a late package.

• Options
    arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote:
    Lokiale wrote:
    arsonisfun wrote:
    As a bonus my gift will include a voucher for one free drink with ArsonBro at a PAX of your choosing. This added bonus may sell for upwards of $10,000,000 at auction, but in truth it is priceless.
    You make it sound like getting a drink with you is some kind of Christmas miracle.

I'll believe it. \o/ Yay drink vouchers!

It's because if you catch ArsonBro at just the right time, a "one free drink" voucher can be used indefinitely for the rest of the evening.
    blAAAm!!! wrote:
    forgot to post. I did receive my awesome stuff. I will post pictures later!!!

Excellent. I had a little something extra for you to make up for the delay - add this username on steam when you get a chance ;)

I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.
  • Options
    SpawnOfCthulhuSpawnOfCthulhu Also that Snifit guy. Gig Harbor, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    SmallLady wrote:
    The reason snift is on this list is because he has not come to me to explain what's going on or to provide tracking information for a late package.

I don't have any tracking information, but I shipped the package almost 2 weeks ago, it should be there any time now. I'm surprised it hasn't shown up yet, honestly.

**EDIT**

Alright, I found the shipping receipt, I'll PM you with a copy of it when I get home, SmallLady.

SpawnOfCthulhu on
    Wx8ay.png
  • Options
    SmallLady wrote:
    SANTA RESPONSIBILITIES
    • Screw your family, screw your friends, screw your significant other (not the good kind of screwing), and buy your gift for your Santee FIRST, because you’re going to have to mail the fucking thing.
    • Get your present to your Santee BY THE 25th! I’ll allow a little leeway to Jan1st as it’s still “The Season” but anything after that and your risking not being invited back to the secret santa and/or me sending Moe after you.
    • If your gift is going to be arriving after Jan 1st. PM me. Your excuse better be AMAZING.
    • Don’t tell me your gift got lost. Pay for tracking.

• Options
    ZeroHourHeroZeroHourHero Allentown, PARegistered User regular
    Oh yea, to my santee, I have one or two extra things to make up for the delay... you'll get em when I have the money for a prepaid mailer.

• Options
    SpawnOfCthulhuSpawnOfCthulhu Also that Snifit guy. Gig Harbor, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Scratch that, shipping receipt was apparently for a package I shipped in August :\

I honestly don't know what's going on. I called the post office, and they said they couldn't help me, and that a bunch of stuff was being held up in customs /still/.

I don't know what else I can do right now, other than reassure everyone that I DID ship my package on the ~16th of December, and that it should be there eventually.
    I apologize for all of this; I truly didn't expect all of this to happen.

I don't know what else to say, other than I hope you get the package sometime extremely soon.

**Edit**
    Going to get a new gift RIGHT NOW, one with a tracking number and express shipping.

**Edit 2**
    New stuff has been ordered, should be shipping soon. Thank you for your patience, Decius. I apologize for everything.

SpawnOfCthulhu on
    Wx8ay.png
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Scratch that, shipping receipt was apparently for a package I shipped in August :\

I honestly don't know what's going on. I called the post office, and they said they couldn't help me, and that a bunch of stuff was being held up in customs /still/.

I don't know what else I can do right now, other than reassure everyone that I DID ship my package on the ~16th of December, and that it should be there eventually.
    I apologize for all of this; I truly didn't expect all of this to happen.

I don't know what else to say, other than I hope you get the package sometime extremely soon.

**Edit**
    Going to get a new gift RIGHT NOW, one with a tracking number and express shipping.

**Edit 2**
    New stuff has been ordered, should be shipping soon. Thank you for your patience, Decius. I apologize for everything.

Either you paid for the fastest shipping ever, or the package finally arrived. There is a parcel in my mail slot with some Canada Post notification on it.

Sadly I can't confirm that it is indeed your package. It would appear the postal worker that delivers to my apartment wasn't hired for their understanding of physics and spatial orientation. They managed to get the parcel into my mail slot, but I cannot remove it. The parcel is too big clear the door on my mail slot. I have to leave a message for the building manager to fix this screw up, then complain to Canada Post and ask that they pretty please hire some people who have at least attained a high school level education.
    I kid of course. I've met some of the nicest mail carriers.

So you have avoided the ire of @SmallLady and dodged the wrath of @Moe Fwacky for at least another 24 hours :lol:

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options

Decius wrote:

Either you paid for the fastest shipping ever, or the package finally arrived. There is a parcel in my mail slot with some Canada Post notification on it.

Sadly I can't confirm that it is indeed your package. It would appear the postal worker that delivers to my apartment wasn't hired for their understanding of physics and spatial orientation. They managed to get the parcel into my mail slot, but I cannot remove it. The parcel is too big clear the door on my mail slot. I have to leave a message for the building manager to fix this screw up, then complain to Canada Post and ask that they pretty please hire some people who have at least attained a high school level education.
    I kid of course. I've met some of the nicest mail carriers.

So you have avoided the ire of @SmallLady and dodged the wrath of "@Moe Fwacky" for at least another 24 hours :lol:

Woohoo!

The gift I sent you is decent, but you have more goodies on the way too!

Wx8ay.png
  • Options
    That_Spoony_BardThat_Spoony_Bard Registered User regular
    I got my gift from ZHH. I can't find my camera right now, but it's the first two books from the Codex Alera series. Thanks, ZHH!

• Options
    edited January 2012
    The parcel is indeed Snifit's. Now it's time to whack and unwrap.

So I got a hold of our building manager, and she left a note for the postal worker to just leave the package by the door.
    sekrit-santa-2011-01.jpg

Dylan? Really, that's your name? I kid of course. All other info blanked out. Don't want to make it too easy to find me.
    sekrit-santa-2011-02.jpg

"Dear customer...We sincerely regret that..." Oh fuck. What they screw up?
    sekrit-santa-2011-03.jpg

Apparently the package suffered some sort of damage. I'm sure SHOVING INTO MY FUCKING MAIL SLOT didn't help. Ok Decius, breath. It's the holidays.
    sekrit-santa-2011-04.jpg

Books! And shows! I like these things!
    sekrit-santa-2011-05.jpg

And the wonderful letter from Snifit. Sadly yes I do already have Heroes: Season 1. Funny enough, I have it on HD-DVD. It was part of my buying spree we they canned the format.
    sekrit-santa-2011-06.jpg

Thank you for the wonderful gifts. I've already got some use out of the bathroom reader. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    Decius wrote:
    The parcel is indeed Snifit's. Now it's time to whack and unwrap.

Thank you for the wonderful gifts. I've already got some use out of the bathroom reader. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

You're getting even more in a ~week or so!

Wx8ay.png
  • Options
    CloudwalkerCloudwalker Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    At great length, the Royal Mail regurgitated my package!

I returned home to find the box left by my desk. I opened it, and was greeted by the sight of exciting presents.
    IMG_1913.JPG

Here's the stuff laid out, with a note that I was instructed to open last.
    IMG_1914.JPG

One of the gifts had the familiar rattle of a set of dice, so I opened that first. It was indeed a set of Tardis blue dice, but much, much cooler than that was the hand made dice bag they were contained in. Look at this thing!
    IMG_1915.JPG
    IMG_1917.JPG

I opened the rest of the gifts in increasing order of weight, because you need a system, right?

First up, two card storage boxes.
    IMG_1918.JPG

Next, a pack of Dragon Shield card protectors.
    IMG_1919.JPG

I had a feeling what the last gift was going to contain... Sure enough, Magic cards! An M12 booster and a huge stack of commons from older sets. (The rare was Throne of Empires, for the Magic fans in the audience.)
    IMG_1920.JPG
    IMG_1922.JPG

Now for that note... Which I really was opening last, angry envelope!
    IMG_1923.JPG

The note confirmed the identity of my Santa - Menolly!
    IMG_1924.JPG

Thank you so much Menolly! It was entirely worth the wait. My dice are safe in their new home.

The whole haul:
    IMG_1925.JPG

Cloudwalker on
    Token Scottish guy.

Google+ | Twitter
  • Options
    SmallLady wrote:
    It is now Jan 3rd

and I hate to do this guys.. but this is where we are at.

Santa's who have not talked to me and really should because wtf guys.
    Mysticode has no gift yet, and his santa is Caelesto

Giftee's who's santa's have spoken to me
    Chaosisorder (china)
    Catboy (Santa is a very silly goose and screwed up NYE delivery. )
    yoshamano (Santa is a also a very silly goose and shipped very late)

Just so everyone knows, nobody gets left behind at christmas in this secret santa. I have a special unit of precision santa's who swoop in to rescue a shafted giftee. The Green Santa Hats if you will.

I have dispatched my secret unit to make sure an awesome gift arrives to Mysticode!