Transformers-the ongoing saga of Susan Journeyer and Josh Boyfriend

1293031323335»

• WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    I will also probably be waiting but I'm pretty excited to see where they go with it. I always liked the way spotlights helped flesh out the universe but allowed the main story to progress, hopefully this works in a similar capacity

Edit: the devastator shadow cover is awesome

WingedWeasel on
    Undead Scottsman
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    So far I'm really liking some of the worldbuilding they do. I especially like the "mentorship" idea, as it allows them to build familar ties without needing the direct reproduction aspect. It's something I generally hope to see continue beyond this continuity.

• IncenjucarIncenjucar Audio Game Developer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Looks like a fan favorite IDW character is making her first appearance in the new continuity. (Also a character who I've wanted to see in fiction a long time.)

...is that a belly button?

Some SDCC news.

Next Galaxies arc after Constructicons Rising will be focused on Arcee & Greenlight. (#7-9) and then a Ultra Magnus story (#10-12)

Also new GI Joe and ROM series, but I'm not clear if they're in their own continuity if they're doing a shared thing again.

edited July 2019
    I saw rumors that the Netflix transformers show is going to tie into the comics. Anyone see something concrete for that?

Edit: related to scottsman's post

WingedWeasel on
    Only thing I've seen about that, WingedWeasel, was this
    Q: To Easton, about the comic and the Transformers TV show he is working on for Netflix. "Is it two different stories?"

A: Easton says "No. Everything is smooth."

Cryptic!

WingedWeasel
  • BetsuniBetsuni Insert Disk 4 and Press Any Key to Continue Registered User regular
    Ok, so I bought and read the first 6 issues of the new story. It honestly feels like it is going way too slow, and one part confused the heck out of me. Not to mention that I feel that it really should not be called a comic and more like an free comic book issue since it is so short.
    Is Orion Pax talking to the bot in the wall in current time or a flashback? Parts seem to be in a flashback while others seem to be current.

On the other side it is a whole lot more story and fleshing out that is good. I agree that the Mentorship program is neat. Partially confused about the War that Megatron and Pax talk about. Hopefully that will be expanded upon.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Ok, so I bought and read the first 6 issues of the new story. It honestly feels like it is going way too slow, and one part confused the heck out of me. Not to mention that I feel that it really should not be called a comic and more like an free comic book issue since it is so short.
    Is Orion Pax talking to the bot in the wall in current time or a flashback? Parts seem to be in a flashback while others seem to be current.

On the other side it is a whole lot more story and fleshing out that is good. I agree that the Mentorship program is neat. Partially confused about the War that Megatron and Pax talk about. Hopefully that will be expanded upon.
    IIRC, Orion mentions he's leaving for a chat in an earlier issue and then comes back, we don' t know what the coversation was about until that issue happens.

• BetsuniBetsuni Insert Disk 4 and Press Any Key to Continue Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »

IIRC, Orion mentions he's leaving for a chat in an earlier issue and then comes back, we don' t know what the coversation was about until that issue happens.
    Ah ok, that makes sense. Thanks!

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    edited September 2019
    Latest issue of the ongoing was really good. It starred Nautica, who is a xeno-relations expert, and Road Rage as her bodyguard. It was cool to see a new interpretation of Nautica (really wish I had gotten her toy when it was available) and it's great to see Road Rage finally get a big role since her creation 17 years ago. She has a masterpiece toy for crying out loud!

The TF/Ghostbusters crossover has been very good so far, though a teensy bit slow. Also has probably the closest thing I've seen to original G1 toon prime, like, ever. He's got that larger-than-life persona while still being able to banter and tell jokes. This definitely feels like a Prime who would play some b-ball with the bots under his command.

Undead Scottsman on

I was very confused by a lot of tweets until I finally found this. Very curious about this