As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Transformers- IDW Reboot Zone

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    90s shit is even worse

so that explains it

The_Transformers_4B.jpg
    ugh

• Options
    RID 7 was really good! best issue so far.

also, MTMTE vol 2 has been announced, along with a cover reveal. it contains issues 4-8, which promises to have the best issues so far.
    http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-more-than-meets-the-eye-volume-2-cover-and-preorder/25279/

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Love the cover. Wanted to add in that I checked Comixology and found out that it now takes them two issues later to discount them. So I'm now two issues behind the current one. Just read the issue of MTMtE featuring Ratchet saving the day. That was one messed up issue, and I didn't even think of the reason some bots got infected and others didn't till they pointed it out. Also read the intro of Orion Pax in RiD which was... interesting. I completely forgot about Wheelie and Grunk (was that his name? I forgot...).

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Garnak I think is the big guy from RID.

and YES that MTMTE issue was SO GOOD.

• Options
    http://www.orbitalcomics.com/five-questions-with-james-roberts-and-nick-roche/

EVERYBODY READ THIS PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE

NICK ROCHE IS WRITING AND DRAWING A PROJECT COMING OUT NEXT YEAR AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Options
    I have to like a guy who likes Bluestreak. Hardly anybody even remembers him.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    You know the reason why Bluestreak isn't in MTMTE? It's because Bluestreak is the favorite character of Andrew Griffith, Robots in Disguise's artist.

Spoilers for MTMTE 6
    Considering Bluestreak is a sharpshooter, Rung wouldn't have died like he did...

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    But he's a cop so he wouldn't have been punished by Magnus in the first place!

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    But he's a cop so he wouldn't have been punished by Magnus in the first place!
    Prowl's the cop, shapist.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    My bad didn't know that wasn't Nick Roche talking. I hope they get the chance to finish MTMtE as well as RiD, especially MTMtE since it seems to have given hints to the outcome in the early issues.

Dangit, I knew I should have resisted clicking on your spoiler Antimatter. But I couldn't remember if I read 6 yet or not, but after reading it I realized that I didn't read it yet.
    I always hated how Bluestreak was always mistaken for Prowl.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Betsuni wrote: »
    My bad didn't know that wasn't Nick Roche talking. I hope they get the chance to finish MTMtE as well as RiD, especially MTMtE since it seems to have given hints to the outcome in the early issues.

Dangit, I knew I should have resisted clicking on your spoiler Antimatter. But I couldn't remember if I read 6 yet or not, but after reading it I realized that I didn't read it yet.
    I always hated how Bluestreak was always mistaken for Prowl.
    I'm sorry that I spoiled you indirectly! re: your spoiler
    Should be easier for people to tell the difference now, Bluestreak is actually blue, while Prowl is white. Smokescreen, who's blue-ish, is on the Lost Light.

• Options
    No worries, it is my old brain not remembering what issues I have and have not read lately.

That's good to hear regarding my spoiler.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    http://www.orbitalcomics.com/five-questions-with-james-roberts-and-nick-roche/

EVERYBODY READ THIS PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE

NICK ROCHE IS WRITING AND DRAWING A PROJECT COMING OUT NEXT YEAR AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

"Oh, and there’s the MTMTE animated series, debuting Fall 2013.

I made that up. But just for a second—just for a second—it felt like it was true.
    "

That would be the greatest thing ever in the history of Transformer cartoons!

• Options
    seriously

Roberts gave me the most beautiful vision and killed it in a sentence

bastard

• Options
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/comics-16/more-than-meets-the-eye-7-preview-image-175516/
    HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY SHIT SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS FOR MTMTE 7
    RUNG LIVES! He isn't greyed out, his brain module is intact, he has a pulse on the life support system he's on, and someone put one of his model ships next to him!

• Options
    edited July 2012
    GAH I so hope they put MTMtE 6 on sale so I can read it!!!

On the other note, when did they start doing this "Regeneration" line?!?!?!??! I just saw it the other day and went, "WTH!? They're continuing the original story!!!!" I haven't read any of it yet, but downloaded the free intro 80 1/2 issue to check it out. I loved the original comics even if it mostly advertising. At least it had more story arcs that made sense compared to the TV show.

Edit: Sweet it was on sale. Picked it up and just finished it. Oh man... Now I see what you meant by your spoiler.
    I don't think Bluestreak would have been out there though. I am so glad Rung is still alive he really is growing on me.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    You have a point re: your spoiler but I was just wishfully thinking

PREVIEW FOR MTMTE 7

http://io9.com/5927854/friday-comic-book-preview-transformers-and-cowboys

• Options
    I so want the R1 cover for the next issue. Too bad I buy these digitally, hopefully it will have in all its glory there.

Guessing they're taking a break from the Autobots in this issue?
    At least Rung is still alive though. So you didn't have to wish for Bluestreak there to take out Fort Max.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    I think the first five pages were written only for decepticon stuff because Roberts knew the preview was going to be five pages long and wanted the focus entirely on them

at least, I'd guess so, because despite it being Decepticon Month there's still Autobot stuff to deal with, at least from what I remember from the solicit.

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Headshot related bragging below
    I totally knew they weren't going to kill off Rung. Okay, 59% sure they weren't going to. A bot with a microphone for a thumb? That's too awesome to throw away like that!

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Headshot related bragging below
    I totally knew they weren't going to kill off Rung. Okay, 59% sure they weren't going to. A bot with a microphone for a thumb? That's too awesome to throw away like that!
    Scrounge had a microphone thumb.

Didn't do HIM much good.

• Options
    been hearing talk this issue was crazy

let's hear about it, chumpos!

also, have some issue commentary from Roberts
    http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-more-than-meets-the-eye-ongoing-7-creator-commentary/25452/
    an interview with Roberts
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/comics-16/tfw2005-interviews-james-roberts-175563/
    and a surprising statement by Kieron Gillen!
    http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2012/07/26/top-five-british-comic-characters-off-the-top-of-my-head/
    5. IMPACTOR

Impactor also follows on from Hook Jaw, but only because he’s got a hook in his anatomy which he stabs into things. Impactor is a supporting character created by Simon Furman as part of the British-originated Transformer Comics. And – no, shut up. You have no idea how important the Brit TF comics were to a generation. Impactor debuted in TARGET 2006, which was where Furman’s Transformer’s saga – er – transformed. It had been good before – TARGET 2006 was immediately preceded by IN THE NATIONAL INTEREST, which married government-agency paranoia to enormous saurian robots – but this new storyline was something else entirely. The game was raised, the toys played with so hard they broke. In a periodic comic, the sudden sense of freedom in the rush from week to week was overwhelming. We revelled in it. The next issue panel that only displayed the head of the insectoid bad-guy Shrapnel being shot clear through by some manner of brutal harpoon MUCH LIKE THE ONE HOOK-JAW MAY HAVE USED seemed like a call to arms, a statement that anything goes. Seven days from first seeing it, you couldn’t have kept me away from the newsagents with riot police.

Impactor went on to sacrifice himself to save everyone at the end of the story. Then a few years later, he returned in an ahead-of-its-time zombie story as a zombie-robot, and was the one character to overcome his re-animation, before swiftly proceeding to sacrifice himself to save everyone again. What a bot! For the rest of the run, Springer keeps on worrying about not being good enough to replace Impactor as the leader of his squad of robo-commandos. And rightly so, Springer. Compared to Impactor, you’re shit.

In short: Impactor is basically who Brit-kids got sniffly over instead of Jean Grey. Jean Grey didn’t even have a harpoon for a hand.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Not that surprising.

He used Impactor as an avatar for his entire tenure with Rock Paper Shotgun.

• Options
    well i never read rock paper shotgun

i'm more familiar with the work of Quinns, really.

• Options
    well i never read rock paper shotgun

i'm more familiar with the work of Quinns, really.

He used to write for Rock Paper Shotgun.

It was his big break.

• Options
    I've at least heard about that, I just hadn't read any of his stuff, so I wouldn't have known about Impactor being his av.

I can tell you, my brother got a kick out of the article, and he's super hyped for this issue of MTMTE.

This is the first time I've seen him excited about a comic and it makes me so happy.

• Options
    I've at least heard about that, I just hadn't read any of his stuff, so I wouldn't have known about Impactor being his av.

I can tell you, my brother got a kick out of the article, and he's super hyped for this issue of MTMTE.

This is the first time I've seen him excited about a comic and it makes me so happy.

I meant Quinns wrote for RPS.

He was Gillen's replacement.

Then he quit to work for Paradox interactive. Which he apparently quit too.

He's one of those international men of mystery.

• Options
    oooh yes

yes yes

god, I love Quinns. and Paul. Paul and Quinns both.

Quinns. Paul. Quinns. Paul. Pins. Quall.

• Options
    manjimanji Registered User regular
    2.5 issues into regeneration 1 and i still don't quite know how i feel about it. wildman's art and all the character designs are basically unchanged from 20 years ago. compared to modern IDW it looks straight up archaic. the plotting is kinda 90s too and the references to things that happened way back in transformers #45 are far from new reader friendly.

despite all that its pretty much seemlessly picked up exactly where i left off when i was a kid, so for its core audience of aging british comic fans it is something of a guilty pleasure.

• Options
    i'm glad i didn't invest in regeneration 1, seeing as I haven't read any of the old marvel run.

• Options
    Interesting. I might check it out if it goes on sale. Never was one for the art styles of the later Marvel series, but the stories were fun.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    the first 35 issues of marvel transformers were neat

and I love how marvel made a joke about it only starting off as a four issue mini with the last issue

big ol' banner that read ISSUE 80 IN A 4 ISSUE MINISERIES

on the cover

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    i have seen that cover, and it is pretty good

and i did like nick roche's homage of a certain marvel uk comic cover with his death of optimus prime cover
    Transformers_%2528UK%2529_150.jpg
    14-transformers-death-of-optimus-prime-cover-roche.jpg

Antimatter on
  • Options
    the first 35 issues of marvel transformers were neat

and I love how marvel made a joke about it only starting off as a four issue mini with the last issue

big ol' banner that read ISSUE 80 IN A 4 ISSUE MINISERIES

on the cover

the US got a raw deal here, marvel UK put out well over 300 issues. it got a lot better once toy sales dropped off and furman was basically allowed to write what he wanted too. all the time wars stuff with deaths head, culminating in everyone vs galvatron was amazing.

i used to think wildman was the best marvel transformers artist, but looking back i now see that honour goes to geoff senior.

• Options
    Weren't a lot of the uk comics split up versions of the 80 marvel issues though? I know there was a lot of original stuff, admittedly.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    the wikipedia summary is pretty succinct.

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Transformers_(Marvel_Comics)&gt;

an extra 160 stories (mostly furman goodness), plus emirate xaaron who was boss!

manji on
  • Options
    Oooh righto, that wily old buzzard

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Too bad he gets blown up like a chump by Unicron

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options