As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Imma let you finish #OWS, but [freer migration] is the most important issue in the world!

12346»

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I'm really shocked how many people in this thread want to abolish the minimum wage

That is like, the most ridiculous randian fucking solution to the problem of jobs going overseas, and there are any number of effective ways to do it. For one we could raise taxes and subsidize industries that employ unskilled or low skilled workers so that they can pay employees a living wage while only having to foot the bill for a portion of it. Incidentally this would help with unemployment a shitton.

• Options
    Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    Yar wrote:
    Yeah, conservatives tend to be completely at odds with their usual reasoning when it comes to immigration. They are suddenly all for economic protectionism and interference in the market.

I'd chalk it up to nationalism, but... allowing more immigrants to become citizens really just means more nationals.

a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    I'm really shocked how many people in this thread want to abolish the minimum wage

That is like, the most ridiculous randian fucking solution to the problem of jobs going overseas, and there are any number of effective ways to do it. For one we could raise taxes and subsidize industries that employ unskilled or low skilled workers so that they can pay employees a living wage while only having to foot the bill for a portion of it. Incidentally this would help with unemployment a shitton.

If you want to have corporations skimming millions off the top.

Abolish the minimum wage and just institute a negative income tax. Far more direct solution.

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    HamHamJ wrote:

If you want to have corporations skimming millions off the top.

Abolish the minimum wage and just institute a negative income tax. Far more direct solution.

Races to the bottom tend to be pretty direct.

Steam and CFN: Enexemander