As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

OOC Justice League International: New Thread Smell

SakutianSakutian Registered User regular
edited November 2011 in Critical Failures
Since our old thread has fallen, and we needed a new one, here it is! Fresh and new, and full of all the information you guys needs.

Guidelines:

Justice League International: Founding Members

jlifinalcover1.jpg

What is this?
This is a PL 14 Mutants and Masterminds 3rd Edition pbp game following the adventures of the Justice League International intended for 3 players.

Wow. Really?
Yes really.

Can I play?
Yes, assuming you can submit a character sheet, bio, and sample IC post for your character by August 18. Also if you submit a character please be able to post once a day, weekends and holidays aside. I understand people have lives.

Campaign Information:

With the upcoming relaunch of the DC universe I decided to try my hands at running a Mutants and Masterminds game once again. Our story will be taking place in what amounts to Issue #1 of Justice League International which is set in a whole new DC Universe.

Now as for the tone of the game I'm looking for something more serious and set along the lines of Generation Lost rather than the much more comical JLI series that came earlier. That said I want you guys to have fun with this and I expect more than a little bit of IC bickering and name calling.

Character Submission Guidelines
-PL 14
-Character Sheet, Bio, Sample IC Post
-Your character should not already be a member of the JLI already as the organization hasn't been created yet. We'll be covering that in game.
-As we are in a new universe I do need a bio, even if you want to play a well known character. That way I can be aware of any changes you make to their history.
-Characters may be chosen from the DC roster, I will also accept original submissions if they really wow me.
-Keep in mind that this is supposed to be the Justice League International so I want to see characters from several nations represented here.

I'll probably have to add to this later on but I think that I got the general idea filled in here.

The Players:
Superman played by Arcanis
action%20comics%20logo_full.jpeg

presents...
action-comics-1-variant-by-jim-lee_from-hero-complex.jpg

superman-title.jpg

PL 14 (210 pts)

ABILITIES
STRENGTH 16, STAMINA 14, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS
Athletics (+16), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+12), Deception (+5), Expertise [Journalism] 6 (+8), Insight (+5), Intimidation (+5), Investigation 5 (+7), Perception 5 (+10), Persuasion 3 (+8), Ranged Combat [Heat Vision] 8 (+10), Stealth (+2), Technology 3 (+5)

ADVANTAGES
All-Out Attack, Accurate Attack, Extraordinary Effort, Improved Initiative (1), Interpose, Languages (1) (English, Base: Kryptonian), Leadership 3

ENHANCED ADVANTAGES
Diehard, Great Endurance, Ultimate Effort (Toughness)

POWERS
Mightier Than a Roaring Hurricane - Protection 2, Immunity 10 (Life Support), Enhanced Advantages 3 (see Advantages), Regeneration 5 (Flaw: Limited [Requires direct exposure to yellow sunlight); 17 pts

Powers Far Beyond Those of Mortal Men - Dynamic Array, 27 pt array; 34 pts
More Powerful Than a Locomotive - Enhanced Strength 13 (Extra: Dynamic); 27 pts
DAE - Heat Vision Heat Ranged Damage 13 (Extra: Precise); 2 pts
DAE - Super-Breath: Cone Area Move Object 13 (Extra: Area Cone 2 [60 ft], Dynamic, Flaw: Close Range, Limited Direction [towards or away]); 2 pts
DAE - Super Senses: Senses 19 (Normal Hearing [Acute and Extended 2], Normal Vision [Extended 3], Infravision [Extended], Microscopic Vision 4, Ultra-Hearing [Extended], Vision Penetrates Concealment [Extended, Flaw: Cannot see through lead]; Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts

Faster Than a Speeding Bullet - Array, 29 pt array; 34 pts
Able to Leap Tall Buildings - Flight 12 (8,000 mph), Movement 2 (Space Travel; Extra: Dynamic); 29 pts
AE - 2nd Fastest Man Alive: Speed 13, Quickness 13 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts

Super-Strength - Enhanced Strength 4 (100K Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 2 pts

OFFENSE
Initiative +6
Close Attack +10
Unarmed +12 [Unarmed +16]
Ranged Attack +2
Heat Vision +10 [Heat Vision +13]
Special Attacks [Super Breath Move Object +16, Area Cone]

DEFENSES
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +16, Fortitude +14, Will +11

COMPLICATIONS
Identity: Clark Kent, mild-mannered reporter for the Daily Planet
Power Loss: Superman loses his powers and his Str and Sta are reduced to 3 under a red sun, like that of Krypton
Relationship: Clark has several friends in Metropolis including Jimmy Olsen and Lois Lane, both of whom have been targeted in the past to get at Superman
Responsibility: Superman feels a strong sense of responsibility to use his powers for the benefit of all
Weakness: Superman is as vulnerable to magic as anyone else. He loses his ranks of Protection and his Toughness is not Impervious against magical attacks
Weakness: Kryptonite. Its radiation saps the Strength and powers of Kryptonians, leaving them impaired, disabled, and eventually debilitated in terms of Strength and power effects. Long-term exposure (usually a matter of minutes, less for a large enough amount) imposes the dying condition and may lead to death.

Captain Atom played by Solar
Captain_Atom_004.jpg

Captain Atom, PL 14 (210pts)

ABILTIES
Strength 18/2, Stamina 2, Agility 2, Dexterity 4, Fighting 6, Intellect 2, Awareness 2, Presence 2 - 44pts

SKILLS
Expertise (military pilot) 6 (+8) , Close Combat (Unarmed) 4 (+10), Perception 10 (+12), Vehicles 8 (+12), Ranged Combat (Quantum Control) 2 (+14), Persuasion 4 (+6), Insight 4 (+6), Intimidation 4 (+6) - 20pts

ADVANTAGES
Ranged Attack 8, Power Attack, Accurate Attack, Takedown 2, Move-By-Action, Languages 2 (Chinese, Russian, Base: English), Teamwork, Attractive, Interpose, - 18pts

SAVES
Dodge 10, Fort --/2, Toughness 18/2, Parry 10, Will 14 - 24pts

POWERS - 104pts
Dilusteel/Energy form: Alternate Form (Activation: Move); Reduced Stamina 7; Immunity 20 (Fort); Protection 18 - 23pts
-Flight: Flight 12 - 24pts
-Quantum Senses: Sense (Darkvision, Infravision, Ultravision, Vision Penetrates Concealment, Analytical Vision, Radio Sense, Ranged Detect Quantum) - 15pts
-Quantum Control: - 42pts
--Super-Strength: Enhanced Ability 16 (Strength) - 32pts
--Energy Projection: Damage 14 (Ranged, Precise, Split Attack, Dynamic) - 2pts
--Explosive Blast: Damage 14 (Area Burst, Dynamic) - 2pts
--Energy Absorption: Nullify 14 (Energy, Area Burst, Dynamic) - 2pts
--Atomic Transmutation: Transform 5 (Anything into Anything, Continuous, Dynamic) - 2pts
--Force Shields: Create 14 (Stationary, Dynamic) - 2pts

COMPLICATIONS
Feeling disconnected: His time spent in jail disconnected Nathan from everyday life, and now he lives his life on a military base with no real human contact. He wishes to seek out that human contact and affirm his own sense of self.

Perceived criminal: Nathan seems to be the only one that thinks he did not murder his best friend, and betray his unit. He is seen as a murderer and a traitor by those who are aware of his past history, which makes them obviously less like to like or trust him.

Good guy: Nathan is a good and honourable man who seeks to do the best by his new powers. He won't simply walk away from a situation where someone needs his help, he'll stand and do what's right when the call comes.

Major Force: Major Force is Nathan's equivalent in the US Army, and unlike Nathan he is a die-hard soldier, devoted to the cause and more a nationalist than a patriot. He thinks that Captain Atom is a flyboy and Atom thinks that Force is a violent thug. They don't like each other much.

Nathaniel Adam always wanted to fly, almost more than anything else in the world. As a result, he joined the USAF as soon as he could, applying to be a fighter pilot. He achieved his goal and flew several combat missions, and was considered a rising star in the ranks of the USAF, loyal to his country and his fellow airmen. He became fast friends with a fellow pilot, John Stenson, and the two got to know each other well. However, when Stenson was found dead, Nathan was arrested on suspicion of committing the crime. He was innocent but unable to prove that this was the case, and was sentenced to death under military law. He spent a year in military prison, waiting for his end, before a strange offer was put before him.

Nathan was offered a chance for a pardon, if he participated in a military test on a crashed alien spacecraft that had been carefully repaired by USAF scientists, with human technology added onto the craft. The ship seemed to be made from a shiny silver material tentatively named "Dilusteel," incredibly light and yet nigh-on indestructible and highly energy absorbent, Dilusteel was like nothing that had been seen before. The test was simple, Nathan would fly the test craft on a low orbit high speed run, oberving mainframe stresses and other such data, a skilled pilot was necessary to complete the test but it was too dangerous to send anyone but a condemned man. He agreed.

The test run started fine, operating smoothly under the eye of a colonel Wade Eiling, a hard man who had seen Adam convicted and then later, offered him the pardon. But halfway through the test, things started to go wrong. A burst of cosmic radiation, unpredicted by the scientists, struck the craft and caused the dilusteel to start to energise and glow, as the USAF systems failed around it. Then the craft exploded in a nova of blue-white quantum force.

Nathan found himself lying in a blasted, smoking impact crater somewhere in Alaska. Naked, he was amazed to find himself covered from head to toe in the Dilusteel, which seemed to have replaced. The Dilusteel was able to tap into quantum energy flowing through the very universe itself, giving the young pilot amazing superhuman powers. It seemed that Nathan could mentally cause his body to transform from it's normal organic form into a quantum energy being kept coherent by the dilusteel shell that gave him his human form and such immense strength.

He was quickly picked up by the Air Force, who saw the advantage of having a superhuman in their ranks, and he operated on a number of missions against various enemy targets, testing his powers which seemed to be both immense and potentially in their infancy, while his secret identity was made a state secret with very few aware of it. Nathan was glad to be alive and well, but found himself disliking the military more and more with each mission, not forgetting how his friend had been murdered, how someone had set him up, and how they only cared about him now he had his new powers.

Now Nathan finds himself in a difficult position. He has no friends, no girlfriend, no prospects for either, he never sees his family, living in a military base under armed guard, as much a prisoner as he had been before the test. He also is getting increasingly angry with the military and begun to privately feel that they are using him as a weapon for their own ends, a weapon that he does not wish to be. He knows his friend's killer is out there, as well as many other injustices, and is starting to think maybe it's time to cut loose and get some answers, or at least leave his life of enforced solitude for something better.

Thundermind by by Horseshoe
997419-thundermind_large.jpg

Thundermind

雷念大师

Abilities (112)

STR 12 -- STA 14 -- AGI 2 -- DEX 2 -- FGT 4 -- INT 6 -- AWE 10 -- PRE 6

Defenses (18)

DODGE 10 -- FORT 14
PARRY 10 -- TOUGH 18 (14 w/o defensive roll)
WILL 14

Powers (59 pts)

Mind Over Matter: Dynamic Array 39
* Flight 15, dynamic - 31 pts
* Quickness 15, Speed 15, dynamic - 2 pt
* Teleport 10, accurate, dynamic - 2 pt
* Telekinesis - Move Object 12, Precise, Accurate 4, Extended Range 1 - 2 pt
* Telepathy - Selective Area Mental Communication 5 - 2 pts

Impervious (Toughness) 10

Immunity (Life Support) 10

Advantages (10)

Contacts (Great Ten)
Defensive Roll 4
Eidetic Memory
Interpose
Languages (English)
Move-By Action
Power Attack

Skills (11)

Close Combat Unarmed 12
Expertise History Teacher 5,
Expertise Buddhism 5

Complications

Relationships: strong friendships with other members of the Great Ten as well as great affection for Ms. Wu.
Responsibility: Thundermind is a "super-functionary" of the People's Republic of China and its most popular member.
Secret Identity: Zuo Kang, a Beijing middle school teacher.

Initiative +2
Close Combat Unarmed +16, Damage 12
Move Object +10, Damage 12

And on a JLI related note, I picked issue 2 of the new series and found it to be very much to my liking, even though I have yet to find a copy of the first issue anywhere.

My Games

Dresden Files RPG- Dumb Luck

Playing Phillip Hess in Motor City Blues

GM of M&M "And Justice For All."
GM of Dresden Files Low Life
GM of Star Wars Sagas Into the Unknown
GM of Star Wars Sagas Lost Hope- Concluded
GM of Star Wars Sagas the Dark Times- Concluded.
GM of Star Wars Sagas Jabba's Palace- Concluded due to injury.
Bart Allen/ The Flash in M&M Metropolis- Concluded.
Koyi Disturbances in the Force- Concluded.
Jessup Owlbeard Forge of the Dawn Titan- Withdrawn due to injury.
Sal Mander In the Shadow of Zeus- Concluded.
Zevoto in Out in the Black- Withdrawn due to injury.
GM of Wyvern Watch
Berru Secune in Rise of the Jedi
Sakutian on

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Issue 2 was much better than issue 1, I thought. Booster is really turning into a great leader, which is cool because he has always been a favourite of mine.

And talking about favourites, I read Captain Atom #1 and #2, they have implemented a few fun changes to his background. The story seems interesting so far, and the new Captain Atom redesign looks very cool. They have really upped his power though, he's got some crazy new abilities, like being able to experience the entirety of wireless communication at the same time.

• Options
    Booster Gold is great in JLI, which makes me very happy because he is one of my favorite characters in the DC books. I'm even liking the changes they made to his costume.

Captain Atom has been very enjoyable so far.
    I love the fact that he gets support from General August in Iron AND Batman. If that doesn't earn him some respect I don't know what will. The members of the team seem to mesh pretty well except for Guy and...well he's Guy.

Personally I was with him when he decided to retreat. Staying with a member pf his team down and no battle plan would have been very dumb.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Yeah that
    Booster decided to retreat, stuck with his decision and told them that if they didn't like it, they could shove it was really cool. It was even cooler when August General said that he was right to do so, and that he would follow him into battle, and Batman backed him up. Go Booster!

• Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    I also like seeing a new take on Booster.

I really liked how the character got new life breathed into it during 52 and the other post-crisis stuff.

And it's pretty sweet that they're not feeling married to anything specific about that and taking some basic stuff about him and exploring more stuff about him.

He was a quarterback, he should be able to rise to the occasion of "team captain" :P

dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    oh also

pretty sure Thundermind and Captain Atom would know who one another are on sight

they both are attached to their governments, and most likely have been briefed on international superhuman "threats"

and while Thundermind has an eidetic memory

I'm sure there will be things he has been told about Captain Atom that will be proved inaccurate

this is actually one thing that i was thinking might be similar with the two of them

captain atom by his very existence is impossible... he breaks the laws of physics just by being who he is. his power, as far as others might think of it, may very well have the potential to be limitless. his power only seems to be limited to his own understanding of it, so as far as anyone else can tell it's theoretically infinite. so however concerned the chinese may be about nuclear weapons, captain atom is more frightening than that. atomic weapons don't usually launch themselves.

thundermind is basically a bodhisattva, an enlightened and transcendent being. his powers are said to be the product of this, and that they are the sorts of things described as "siddhis" in buddhist and hindu texts. if you've ever read about the siddhis, there is some crazy shit in there. they basically state that the limits of the physical world simply do not apply. there would be a list of his observed powers, and then a list of all the things he might be able to do.

so this sort of power level in MM/DCA is pretty sweet

i mean we've got two regular guys who ended up with the abilities of... well, basically all-powerful gods

but who are both very, very human

god damn i love comics

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah comics are fucking awesome. Also it is true both our characters basically have the potential to be limitlessly powerful god like beings. We both can basically ignore the laws of physics. But Thundermind is a teacher who is happily and hopelessly in love with his colleague and Atom is annoyed that he never gets to go and live a normal life, so we are incredibly human as well, like you say.

And we will totally recognise each other because of briefings and so on

This is going to turn into an eighties buddy cop style thing isn't it

Start off a little unsure

Realise that we are actually awesome partners

When we beat up the end baddie we hit him at the same time and say "East and West, bitch"

• Options
    After reading you thoughts I am terribly happy with both of you. You've given me some relief from the pain in my stomach at any rate.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Just a heads up guys, my work schedule sucks today, I'll get a post up this evening but it will be well after midight here. Now I'm off to seat Paranormal Activity 3.

Just out of curiosity what did you guys think of Godiva? I'd never crossed paths with the character until picking up the new JLI and I've got to say I'm liking here so far. She is a bit like Booster Gold in the good old days.

Aracnis, I picked up Issu 2 of Green Lantern and the amazing Sinestro business going on in there has given me some insipration for how to give you some more toys to play with.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I've never seen her before either, she seems fun, though as far as I can tell hair based powers in comics come with quite an entitled personality attached!

I'm hoping to see more of Alex from the last few issues of Booster Gold before the reboot. The disappearing dark haired woman on the cover of issue one has yet to turn up, and I think that's her. Interesting stuff.

Solar on
  • Options
    Seems that way Solar.

Oh, and if you and Horseshoe want to do a little back a forth while i'm away the plane is going to land safely. DOn't worry there aren't any mines on the runway.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    It occurs to me that just as much as Captain Atom and Thundermind are very similar, they are also quite different as well. Thundermind is very calm and relaxed in his superhero persona, but has a seemingly much more haphazard appearance and personality in his normal human form. Captain Atom is more relaxed and calm in his regular human form, and rather self-conscious, introspective and unsure in his superhero persona. Interesting.

• Options
    Oh, totally.

I've been thinking about Thundermind in the context of being a Buddha or Bodhisattva. He has transcended the suffering of human life, and become a sort of "spiritual superman". In another universe or another time, he would probably not be flying around saving people. Most likely he would be in a temple somewhere, trying to show others The Way. But the world he lives in calls for intervention instead of detachment, perhaps more similar to hindu avatars than to their buddhist counterparts. He hasn't gotten to be that yet, but I think that's where this story is going for him.

Anyway,

There's at least two ways I am thinking about this. One is that Thundermind has constant ties to humanity, and knows that he is human despite his physical form and ability. Captain Atom, on the other hand, seems to be worried that he is drifting farther and farther away from being human.

The other thing would be that Thundermind is sort of a Captain Marvel kind of character: his suffering and trauma as Zou Kang is independent of Thundermind. The struggle isn't reconciling Thundermind with internal trauma, but that which is always around him.

Captain Atom, on the other hand, received his superhuman abilities because of an incredibly traumatic experience that he survived. He went through a very literal death experience to become what he is, and would probably feel that his humanity is diminished, changed, or has perhaps been destroyed.

blah blah horseshoe thinks too much about comics again

dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    No way man I love thinking about comics like that

I think the interesting thing is that Thundermind is, like, the ultimate form of humanity. He is basically the perfect human being, the apex of mankind's potential to enlighten, the next step of spiritual evolution. Though he is Superhuman, he is also very, very human. And because he is enlightened, he has overcome his fears. He lives in a state of inner peace. Zou Kang doesn't, in that basically he is the same guy but with two states of thought, but as a superhero Thundermind is very self-controlled.

Captain Atom, though, he's not really human anymore. Sure he can pretend to be a human, shift into his human form, but when it comes down to it his real state is a dilusteel shell filled with energy that connects to the quantum level of existence in a fundamental level. He's far out there. He feels like he is drifting away from humanity because he's not like them any more, and also because his current life basically starves him of human connection, which is the opposite of Thundermind who is a teacher with lots of human connection. And when Aom turns into his superhuman form, he has just the same mind as he does usually. He's got to deal with everything he can do.

I really think that those two characters are interesting in their similarities and differences. It should be a lot of fun playing them alongside each other.

• Options
    yes yes

Solar

I like the way you think

dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    The way I did Atom's background was that he is tired of being in a bunker all day, waiting for the call to go out and do superhero stuff for the military, basically still living a life of imprisonment (let's not forget, the dude was on death row for a while before he became Captain Atom).

His CO is an asshole and he has to make nice with people like Mercy Graves and then at the end of the day he goes home to an empty bunk. He wants to be out there, actually living a life and doing stuff and being a superhero and joining the Justice League and all that.

Which is funny because Thundermind basically does all that, though Atom doesn't know it.

So I am going to play up this idea that Captain Atom likes being able to go out and be a hero and meet new people and so on because he doesn't really get to do it much. It's why he took the time to talk with that secretary, he just liked that element of human contact.

Solar on
  • Options
    holy shit are thundermind and captain atom going to get a lot of grief from their commanding officers

ADAM WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE BUDDYING UP TO A GODDAMNED COMMUNIST

dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    Atom's phone rings.

"What did I tell you about teaming up with super heroes?"

Thundermind's phone rings.

"What did I tell you about teaming up with the USAF!"

These two should have met up years ago, they work so well together.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I am about to get such a bollocking from Eiling

Guy's a Cold Warrior, and I just did an impromptu photo op with Thundermind of all people

Bloody government agents

Also I recently read Captain Atom: Armageddon, the series where he gets transported to the Wildstorm Universe. It's really really cool, the characterisation is a little different to how I like to play Nathaniel, but the funky gold redesign is quite cool and modern looking, and the fights between him and the various superhumans of Wildstorm are pretty damn cool. I love how he took out Apollo and Maul, clever use of his powers there. That's the kind of thing that I like to see in comics, inventive and interesting application of superpowers. It's why I like M&M so much, what with the power-stunting and so on.

Solar on
  • Options
    oh nice

i wasn't aware of his wildstorm crossover

dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah

The way he takes out Apollo is great though. Apollo is punching him and he's all "crap, this guy is actually trying to kill me." So Atom says "you're going to need a lot more power to do that" and Apollo says "you're right" and uses the carrier's teleportation thing to door them to in the sun's corona, where he can absorb loads of solar energy and then beat Atom up. Atom then uses his energy controlling powers to massively accelerate the rate of energy conversion in Apollo's body, basically causing him to ignite as his powers overload. He doesn't kill him, but Apollo is basically out of it.

Pretty sweet.

• Options
    I stumbled onto Atom's crossover with the Wildstorm universe a while ago. I'm in agreement with you Solar, it was throughly enjoyable. I never got my hands on all of the issues but what I did find was entertaining and a unique look at the character.

His fight with Maul was one of my favorite moments.

That whole affair was part of a trend that has bothered me when it comes to Captain Atom for a while now. He's always being tossed into alternate worlds or varying points in the timestream. It seems as though the writers who get him on their books don't know what to do with him, or they just don;t want such a powerful player on the field.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Well it looks like the new series is going to stick him in a place and keep him there, though he is quite different now

That said, the differences seem to be more in his powers than his personality, which remains much the same.

I liked the Captain Atom in the Wildstorm crossover if only because we got to see Captain Atom doing stuff and getting into big superhero fights and hooking up with the Engineer, where he usually tends to be sidelined a bit. So it was nice to see him actually up and about and doing things. And yeah, I think you have a point about maybe writers don't know what to do with him. He was good in Generation Lost though.

Of course, Stormwatch is now part of the main DC Universe. Which I don't mind.

• Options
    I enjoyed the first issue of Stormwatch, but that is all I've picked up of it so far. Haven't had time to grab the second one.

Generation Lost was amazing! Even though they chucked himm into the future for a bit haha.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Screw you Wade Eiling! Screw you!

• Options
    Haha, I love Captain Atom so much. He could turn Eiling into a pretzel but he has the whole honor and duty thing holding him back.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    And not just bend him into a pretzel.

Literally transform him into one.

dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    Oh and he wants to

But that's just not how Nathaniel does things. He's a good and honourable man.

Doesn't meant he won't tell Eiling where to shove it though.

• Options
    Alright, so Captain Atom shoves his way out of Eiling's office. Is he going to go all the way on this one?

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I don't really see what choice he has. Atom wouldn't have kicked off if Eiling hadn't told him that they were going to drop him back into a cell and experiment on him, but he's had enough of that shit. I'd guess that right now Adam is feeling very, very angry but is about to start thinking about what he has done and the repercussions of it more seriously, and he will start to become actually pretty worried. Unless something else happens in the meantime, I dunno if the USAF would let me just walk away. I'm pretty much the only US government metahuman asset.

Solar on
  • Options
    I totally agree with you Solar, just need to be sure we're on the same page. Any plans on where Atom will head next?

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Well outside of the military, Captain Atom has pretty much nothing! He was orphaned at a young age (in the regular background, which I might as well use) and went to foster homes until he joined up. So that's interesting, because he really has no life outside of the USAF (and he lived in a bunker then, which he can't go back to).

Even though he's at the very least off the case, Atom still wants to get to the bottom of this Kaznian business. He has a meeting with Catwoman lined up in a few hours, and before that was planning to go and see John Henry Irons, because he was the other Lexcorp employee with security access. So there's that. And Thundermind wanted to meet him at the Hall of Justice, so there's that too.

But right now I am just seeing if these agents say anything or do anything or if anything else is going to go down at the office, because I think that will be quite important if anything does. If not then it's like that Atom is going to leave (with a big mess behind him) and then go and have a think about what to do next.

• Options
    Right, sounds good, I'll go ahead and make a post so you can keep rolling along.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Poor Captain Atom. So alone.

• Options
    Looks like somebody needs a pep talk.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    action%20comics%20logo_full.jpeg

presents...
    action-comics-1-variant-by-jim-lee_from-hero-complex.jpg

superman-title.jpg

PL 14 (210 pts)

ABILITIES
    STRENGTH 16, STAMINA 14, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS
    Athletics (+16), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+12), Deception (+5), Expertise [Journalism] 6 (+8), Insight (+5), Intimidation (+5), Investigation 5 (+7), Perception 5 (+10), Persuasion 3 (+8), Ranged Combat [Heat Vision] 8 (+10), Stealth (+2), Technology 3 (+5)

ADVANTAGES
    All-Out Attack, Accurate Attack, Extraordinary Effort, Improved Initiative (1), Interpose, Languages (1) (English, Base: Kryptonian), Leadership 3

ENHANCED ADVANTAGES
    Diehard, Great Endurance, Ultimate Effort (Toughness)

POWERS
    Mightier Than a Roaring Hurricane - Protection 2, Immunity 10 (Life Support), Enhanced Advantages 3 (see Advantages), Regeneration 5 (Flaw: Limited [Requires direct exposure to yellow sunlight); 17 pts

Powers Far Beyond Those of Mortal Men - Dynamic Array, 27 pt array; 34 pts
    More Powerful Than a Locomotive - Enhanced Strength 13 (Extra: Dynamic); 27 pts
    DAE - Heat Vision Heat Ranged Damage 13 (Extra: Precise); 2 pts
    DAE - Super-Breath: Cone Area Move Object 13 (Extra: Area Cone 2 [60 ft], Dynamic, Flaw: Close Range, Limited Direction [towards or away]); 2 pts
    DAE - Super Senses: Senses 19 (Normal Hearing [Acute and Extended 2], Normal Vision [Extended 3], Infravision [Extended], Microscopic Vision 4, Ultra-Hearing [Extended], Vision Penetrates Concealment [Extended, Flaw: Cannot see through lead]; Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts

Faster Than a Speeding Bullet - Array, 29 pt array; 34 pts
    Able to Leap Tall Buildings - Flight 12 (8,000 mph), Movement 2 (Space Travel; Extra: Dynamic); 29 pts
    AE - 2nd Fastest Man Alive: Speed 13, Quickness 13 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts

Super-Strength - Enhanced Strength 4 (100K Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 2 pts

OFFENSE
    Initiative +6
    Close Attack +10
    Unarmed +12 [Unarmed +16]
    Ranged Attack +2
    Heat Vision +10 [Heat Vision +13]
    Special Attacks [Super Breath Move Object +16, Area Cone]

DEFENSES
    Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +12 [DC22]
    Toughness +16, Fortitude +14, Will +11

COMPLICATIONS
    Identity: Clark Kent, mild-mannered reporter for the Daily Planet
    Power Loss: Superman loses his powers and his Str and Sta are reduced to 3 under a red sun, like that of Krypton
    Relationship: Clark has several friends in Metropolis including Jimmy Olsen and Lois Lane, both of whom have been targeted in the past to get at Superman
    Responsibility: Superman feels a strong sense of responsibility to use his powers for the benefit of all
    Weakness: Superman is as vulnerable to magic as anyone else. He loses his ranks of Protection and his Toughness is not Impervious against magical attacks
    Weakness: Kryptonite. Its radiation saps the Strength and powers of Kryptonians, leaving them impaired, disabled, and eventually debilitated in terms of Strength and power effects. Long-term exposure (usually a matter of minutes, less for a large enough amount) imposes the dying condition and may lead to death.

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    goddamnit

dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    Uh oh, horseshoe is angry.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    don't worry, i'm not going to be all "well superman is going to solve all the problems all the time"

my goal is to put thundermind and captain atom in the spotlight as much as possible

i think i have a good enough understanding of superman and comics in general to succeed at this

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Plus I'll hit him with a magic hunk of kryptonite on a planet with a red sun to keep him under control.

Besides Thundermind and Captain Atom can kill Superman. Easily. They've got magic and red sun radiation on their side.

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Also let's be honest

Captain Atom, Thundermind and Superman

Aint no-one gonna fuck with us