As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat] Wars 2

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Man Blizzard used to be the only corporation who I thought were really made up of 'nerds like me!' and I trusted them 100% and bought their shit religiously

RealID really destroyed that, I don't boycott them but I view them on a fundamentally different level now.

2011-09-10-266.png

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    arrrgh come ooon

ftOqU21.png
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Man Blizzard used to be the only corporation who I thought were really made up of 'nerds like me!' and I trusted them 100% and bought their shit religiously

RealID really destroyed that, I don't boycott them but I view them on a fundamentally different level now.

this is a really embarrassing admission

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Pony wrote:
    Pony wrote:
    Why is Blizzard doing a movie that isn't in CGI again? Like honestly I don't understand the reasoning there at all.

because that costs millions of dollars more than a five minute cut scene

here's what you do: make an in-game mount or pet that you get with a movie ticket.

BAM everything's paid for

what's really horrible is you are probably right

Cass if I were Blizzard I would hire you on the spot.

• dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    How do I get on dk's server?

2011-09-10-266.png

dbrock270 wrote:
    How do I get on dk's server?

you can't just now minecraft mp is borked

ftOqU21.png
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    When you said subways I thought of the sandwich shop. :(

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    I'm surprised Winky's dick hasn't fallen off from all the furious masturbating he's done over his mountains

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Eddy wrote:
    I never played Diablo / D2 / expacs. Thus, I have absolutely no interest in D3.

I wasn't a big fan of Diablo 2, but most of that shouldn't be blamed on the game. I got it in the early 2000s, probably when I was still a pre-teen. At the time, my dad had a firewall set up that prevented me from playing games, and I didn't have the tech know-how at the time to get around it. He refused to take it down, since he figured playing online games (yes, even major retail ones) would give me tons and tons of viruses. So I got to play through it all solo. My first try was a Necromancer. I hear they're not the best for solo as is, unless you really know what you're doing, but combine that with a 12 year old's complete lack of strategic sense. My strategy was generally "attack senselessly, and then try to place a town portal before I die so I can immediately get back to where I was." I didn't get very far in that playthrough, but the first couple of bosses involved doing that strategy dozens of times before they died.

My dad used to print out EULA's of games and request that I read them before installing them.

PSN: Honkalot
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    there is nothing simple about redstone you weirdo program hacker

You've still got Valve.

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote:

Dude I post about everything under the sun, from poops to personal trauma

do you think a post like this is the hard line where i'm like WOAH NOW THIS IS TOO REAL

• MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    On my way to the viewing, wish me luck [chat].

Going to need it.

• Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote:

do you think a post like this is the hard line where i'm like WOAH NOW THIS IS TOO REAL

Is there any line at all?

Eddy wrote:
    I'm surprised Winky's dick hasn't fallen off from all the furious masturbating he's done over his mountains

It was about the cave system I found, thank you very much.

The mountains are pretty mundane.

But man those motherfucking caves.

They're still unexplored, btw.

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    uuuugh fuckin' no ativan in the house and my stress level is about a 7

and the kittens refuse to cuddle

you dicks

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    blizzard betrayed my trust

now I can't even really connect with other people anymore

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Honk wrote:
    My dad used to print out EULA's of games and request that I read them before installing them.

haha awesome

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Organichu wrote:

i winced more from contact awkwardness as a result of this post than any of your others

Organichu wrote:
    most of dk's server involves this:

-nerdgasmic asking how to do simple things and begging for materials, and complaining that we destroyed his first shanty (it was deprecating our property values)
    -dk and i running back and forth since we live close to one another... and being civil externally despite the fact that we're both planning pranks for the other
    -syndalis, winky, and abdhyius constantly jerking their dicks about the mountains they live near
    -daxon rambling on and on about some temple he's constructing
    -everyone building subways

I don't live near any mountains

right now I'm in the middle of the oceans

building a complementary temple to daxon's

soon IT SHALL ALL BE TEMPLES

ftOqU21.png
    Train ruined "thug", but Britney brought it back.

Apparently ideas posted on Reddit are the intellectual property of Conde Nast.

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    i've tried a few different minecraft servers over the past year

most of em PA, but some of em not

and a problem i keep finding is that people are so used to single-player where you are in trackless wilderness and build a castle out of nothing but hard work

they got online and are like "okay, now i am going to fuck off to the remotest region and start there and build myself a little wooden cottage and improve upon my works as i do in single-player"

and it's like

no

stop

wait a second

you are playing a multiplayer server, why not play with others?

build a community

organize yourselves, start with a village for all of you and improve upon it naturally

the SE++ server has tried that the last couple times but what has happened is the mods decide to make strict building codes and aesthetic styles at the "spawn town" and people who don't want to play ball with that end up fucking off to ass-nowhere to build what they want

like for example, the most current iteration of the SE++ server has the starting city of "Ispawnbul" (not Conspawntinobel), which is a desert city built mostly out of sandstone that has incredibly strict requirements like you can't use glass for windows and instead have to use slitted windows made of fenceposts

so what ends up happening is people log on, go "fuck that" and piss off to some forest somewhere and build a shitty looking tower out of cobblestone no different than they do in single-player

it's tiresome!

i want to play multiplayer, not single-player where i can see other people's shit like a viewing gallery

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    When you said subways I thought of the sandwich shop. :(

Do you want the six inch block sandwich or the footlong?

brb building 20 identical buildings on dk's server

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Pony wrote:
    Arch wrote:
    Pony wrote:
    DK i've gotten pretty sick of SE++'s minecraft servers would it be cool if i came to yours

i dont think you have to ask but i dont think the server is working right now?

i couldn't get on at least

oh i know, DK's posting about how it's not working

i just have been meaning to ask for a bit and him posting about it reminded me

Obviously everyone is invited to join. The rules are don't be a dick. More specifically:

Don't steal.
    If you break someone's stuff, fix it as best you can. This counts creeper attacks.
    Survey land before building or talk to your prospective neighbors if they are around.
    If you break into someone else's mine, either wall it off or establish a door and put up a sign.
    For the love of god don't steal especially pieces of rail and torches from my ever-growing rail network.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    Okay, I'm going to stop you right now Pony.

Because our server is pretty exclusively people going off into the wilderness and building shitty towers out of cobble.

Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    blizzard betrayed my trust

now I can't even really connect with other people anymore

(*) (*) (*) (*) (*)

the best part about minecraft multiplayer was making long treks out into the wilderness with loads of valuable materials, finding safehouses for the night and running from creepers in the day

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    I wish that steam would not show me windows games

fuckers

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote:

i find it hilarious that RealID was the point you realized Blizzard is a soul-less megacorp

like that it didn't happen before

it took RealID

it makes me laugh

Honk wrote:
    Eddy wrote:
    I never played Diablo / D2 / expacs. Thus, I have absolutely no interest in D3.

I wasn't a big fan of Diablo 2, but most of that shouldn't be blamed on the game. I got it in the early 2000s, probably when I was still a pre-teen. At the time, my dad had a firewall set up that prevented me from playing games, and I didn't have the tech know-how at the time to get around it. He refused to take it down, since he figured playing online games (yes, even major retail ones) would give me tons and tons of viruses. So I got to play through it all solo. My first try was a Necromancer. I hear they're not the best for solo as is, unless you really know what you're doing, but combine that with a 12 year old's complete lack of strategic sense. My strategy was generally "attack senselessly, and then try to place a town portal before I die so I can immediately get back to where I was." I didn't get very far in that playthrough, but the first couple of bosses involved doing that strategy dozens of times before they died.

I really need to write down brilliant ideas like this in case I ever have kids.

Winky wrote: »
    Eddy wrote:

It was about the cave system I found, thank you very much.

The mountains are pretty mundane.

But man those motherfucking caves.

They're still unexplored, btw.

Actually a couple weeks ago I explored one of the chasms near your place ... dangerous as hell, but I left some signs to guide the attentive traveller

I used six different knifes inside twelve hours this weekend. This confused my room mate.

I still tend to, perhaps overmuch, sympathize with development teams.

Occasionally I will get all "LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE" about them.

holy shit how big is that pyramid on the se++ server

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    We sort of have an ad-hoc network. There is a cluster of people building near spawn connected by roads, some people in far-flung places, lots of transit. Some people play in smaller groups of 3 or 4 and cooperate on stuff, some build off on their own. There's no structure really enforced.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    Pony wrote:
    i've tried a few different minecraft servers over the past year

most of em PA, but some of em not

and a problem i keep finding is that people are so used to single-player where you are in trackless wilderness and build a castle out of nothing but hard work

they got online and are like "okay, now i am going to fuck off to the remotest region and start there and build myself a little wooden cottage and improve upon my works as i do in single-player"

and it's like

no

stop

wait a second

you are playing a multiplayer server, why not play with others?

build a community

organize yourselves, start with a village for all of you and improve upon it naturally

the SE++ server has tried that the last couple times but what has happened is the mods decide to make strict building codes and aesthetic styles at the "spawn town" and people who don't want to play ball with that end up fucking off to ass-nowhere to build what they want

like for example, the most current iteration of the SE++ server has the starting city of "Ispawnbul" (not Conspawntinobel), which is a desert city built mostly out of sandstone that has incredibly strict requirements like you can't use glass for windows and instead have to use slitted windows made of fenceposts

so what ends up happening is people log on, go "fuck that" and piss off to some forest somewhere and build a shitty looking tower out of cobblestone no different than they do in single-player

it's tiresome!

i want to play multiplayer, not single-player where i can see other people's shit like a viewing gallery

that's how we play the game p much except we have railways every which way

I don't actually see that working without making strict building codes and shit

let everyone build whatever whenever just means a big pile of chaos

ftOqU21.png
    oh man now I kind of want to find people's cobblestone towers and build enormous cubes with no windows around the structures

Pony wrote:
    Arch wrote:
    Pony wrote:
    DK i've gotten pretty sick of SE++'s minecraft servers would it be cool if i came to yours

i dont think you have to ask but i dont think the server is working right now?

i couldn't get on at least

oh i know, DK's posting about how it's not working

i just have been meaning to ask for a bit and him posting about it reminded me

Obviously everyone is invited to join. The rules are don't be a dick. More specifically:

Don't steal.
    If you break someone's stuff, fix it as best you can. This counts creeper attacks.
    Survey land before building or talk to your prospective neighbors if they are around.
    If you break into someone else's mine, either wall it off or establish a door and put up a sign.
    For the love of god don't steal especially pieces of rail and torches from my ever-growing rail network.

I feel like each of these are causally related to like, the first two hours I played on your server

This discussion has been closed.