Options

I'm [Kingdom], he's [Hearts], and that's [Thread].

• Options
    C2BC2B SwitzerlandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Cantido wrote:
    TEWEY's story runs circles around KH. I shudder to think of Neku in KH babbling about darkness.

Yes Neku's a jackass, but he pays for it, over and over until he fixes it.

I always find it funny that neither the story writer nor the director of TWEWY had big roles since then. Square hates good storys.

C2B on
  • Options
    HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    Neku's threads are way out of fashion in Traverse Town.
    Not enough zips

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Huggles wrote:
    Neku's threads are way out of fashion in Traverse Town.
    Not enough zips

I want to equip lots and lots of pins with Chess motifs on them.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    C2BC2B SwitzerlandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    It's a fairly loose comparison to how the main characters react to power.

So its about some random point?

Just.... the problem I have with this whole thing is that the comparison is actually fairly accurate for the MAIN Kingdom Hearts games.

Sora/Riku, Organization XIII,....

An overall incomprehensible plot referencing past events that can never be truly satisfing explained.

It IS Naruto.

C2B on
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote:
    TEWEY's story runs circles around KH. I shudder to think of Neku in KH babbling about darkness.

Yes Neku's a jackass, but he pays for it, over and over until he fixes it. In any other JRPG, he'd be that way to the very end, and he'd have two girls in his party throwing their vaginas at him.
    I've been playing TWEWY just now, sort of for the first time, I never got far into Jacob's week the first time around. I'm a little further in Jacob's week now and I haven't really seen much of him being a jackass. Essentially he was a little rude for a couple days of the first week, and he didn't really pay for it so much as get used to Shiki being around. Currently his only flaw is being quiet, and I don't consider keeping a lot of thoughts to yourself as being a jackass.

What I am saying is "redemption" came extremely quickly, if you can call it that when the extent of your assholishness is ignoring your partner sometimes. I don't think it's particularly remarkable yet, but I haven't beaten the game yet either.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Cantido wrote:

Yes Neku's a jackass, but he pays for it, over and over until he fixes it. In any other JRPG, he'd be that way to the very end, and he'd have two girls in his party throwing their vaginas at him.
    I've been playing TWEWY just now, sort of for the first time, I never got far into Jacob's week the first time around. I'm a little further in Jacob's week now and I haven't really seen much of him being a jackass. Essentially he was a little rude for a couple days of the first week, and he didn't really pay for it so much as get used to Shiki being around. Currently his only flaw is being quiet, and I don't consider keeping a lot of thoughts to yourself as being a jackass.

What I am saying is "redemption" came extremely quickly, if you can call it that when the extent of your assholishness is ignoring your partner sometimes. I don't think it's particularly remarkable yet, but I haven't beaten the game yet either.

His quietness extends into an unwillingness to communicate, whether talking or listening. Every now and then characters notice and say something along the lines of "you're not even listening, snap the fuck out of it."

• Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    KINGDOM HEARTS IS...INSANITY?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KErfiaKbJCQ

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    Professor HydronProfessor Hydron Registered User regular
    800+ Defenders killed.

Not. one. damn. shield. drop.

I did have time to make 10 Crystal Crowns.

3DS ~ 2664-2225-0872
    Nintendo Network: ProfHydron
    XBox Gamertag: ProfHydron
    Friend Safari: Fighting ~ Machoke, Pancham, Breloom add me and tag or msg me and I'll add you back
  • Options
    GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    What's the fastest way to gain levels in Re:Coded? I went back to it after a year to finally finish it, and I want to get the secret ending as well as attempt to get the Ultima Weapon. However I still need like 15 levels to even meet the recommended level.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Hey, I was thinking today about how cool a Kingdom Hearts HD Collection would be

Obviously we've all thought of this

But they should take a page from Konami's book and include Birth by Sleep too

• Options
    Gilder wrote:
    What's the fastest way to gain levels in Re:Coded? I went back to it after a year to finally finish it, and I want to get the secret ending as well as attempt to get the Ultima Weapon. However I still need like 15 levels to even meet the recommended level.

I seem to remember an elevator in Castle Oblivion with a bunch of easy monsters that you can run over and over.

• Options
    You thinking about Olympus? Because that's what I'm using. I was hoping there was something faster, but it is 30k+ every 4 minutes or so. It's the best thing I've found, so I've just set HP low enough to kill everything super quickly and I've been running it while leveling up Judgment Triad.

• Options
    OH YEAH, that's where it is.

Re:Coded is a blur.

• Options
    Until the end where stuff actually starts happening it's mostly a blur of "Don't jump/miss more than 9 times" and wondering why Hollow Bastion Part 1 is so awful.

• Options
    Re:Coded could have been pretty good if it wasn't the fourth game going over some of that material.

• Options
    Sangheili91Sangheili91 Registered User regular
    BBS was so awesome. Here's to hoping DDD lives up to it!

And then can we please finally get Kingdom Hearts fucking 3

• Options
    They might start on it sometime after Versus is released in 2013...

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Re:Coded could have been pretty good if it wasn't the fourth game going over some of that material.
    Still better than Days.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    I don't remember where I read it, but I was reading something about the sorry state of Square Enix recently. Basically, the gist of the article was that there's a possibility that Versus is going to have to be suspended or canceled and that the dev team make a KH3 game because that's got guaranteed sales, whereas Versus does not. The point of the article was that so many people have lost faith in Final Fantasy after 13 and 14 that more spinoffs and sequels are not going to get SE the kind of revenue they need to stay afloat, and in fact huge projects such as 13-2 and Versus might end up costing them even more if they flop, which is a very real possibility.

The article was saying that KH3 might need to be made out of financial necessity, just to keep the company alive.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    No, they aren't that badly off. FF XIII despite being semi shitty sold quite a bit and their cash in sequel should do okay.

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    So

I clicked this thread

And was pretty stoked to post about it.

Until I saw you call BBS the best in the series.

You son of a bitch silly goose

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Never mind, answered my own question.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Neku in KH: DDD only proves one thing to me.
    I'd rather have TWEWY 2 then KH3/BBS2/whatever.

KH is oversaturated. I can't care about any spinoff anymore. 1, 2 and BBS (0) seem to be the only good ones.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    So

I clicked this thread

And was pretty stoked to post about it.

Until I saw you call BBS the best in the series.

You son of a bitch silly goose

Umm...I didn't say that at all.

The best game in the series is probably KH1.

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    how

how did I get that?

I could've sworn I read that.

I uh

I'm gonna go lay down.

My bad.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    Sangheili91Sangheili91 Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    The best game in the series is probably KH1.

This right here? This is false.

The improvements to the gameplay that were added in KHII and the later games make KH1 straight-up archaic. KHII and BbS are superior to KH1 in almost every single way.
    BbS is totally the best in the series.

Sangheili91 on
  • Options
    1 is the only game in the series with any difficulty at all and for whatever reason I actually like the story of it.

2 is a trainwreck. BBS has some fantastic game play changes but I find it short of one.

I also love CoM but that's because I really like CardPGs.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Yup BbS is the best in the series.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    I do have to admit that after playing a bit of BbS and all of KH2 in the past year that I'm more excited that the BbS team is the one doing 3D.

It does have me wary as fuck about FF Versus though.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Ok confirmed by Jump and V/Jump.

The first confirmed worlds for KH3D are Prankster's Paradise (Pinocchio) and La Cite des Cloches (Hunchback of Notre Dame).

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    MarioGMarioG Registered User regular
    Personally, 2 is my favorite. I just think it's a lot of fun and has really cool continuity from the first one. That game made an impression on me.

Kay wrote:
    Mario, if Slenderman had a face, I would punch him in it.

Hey, I have a blog! (Actually being updated again!)

3DS: 0860-3240-2604
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    That Xehanort chart should be spoiler-tagged for those that didn't play BbS.

It's also missing someone.
    Riku turns into Ansem in KHII/358 Days

I will also contest that KH has one of the easiest to follow stories, it's just that they're spread out across multiple spin-offs in entirely different systems.

But when you lay it out like a chart or whatever, it isn't exactly Chrono Cross levels of insanity.

Also...
    Kingdom Hearts II: Shitty FF cameos

That better be more of your trademark sarcasm.

KHII has one of the greatest moments ever, featuring three of my favorite characters at once.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CDC9NlDN00&hd=1

Even the most jaded FF fans remarked "Holy Shit!" when this first popped up.
    Hey, I was thinking today about how cool a Kingdom Hearts HD Collection would be

Obviously we've all thought of this

But they should take a page from Konami's book and include Birth by Sleep too

This would be amazing.

And it also isn't going to happen.

SE will release each game individually, because they know you'll pay the full price of a full HD collection per game.

I hope they at least include the Final Mix version of KHII, which we never goddamn got.

I also hope BbS is the first one to get ported.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    But the FF cameos in KH2 were shitty. In that they added literally nothing to any plot, and were all but walking advertisements for the then upcoming Advent Children movie.

Heck, even your precious Tifa-desu. What's her big moment? Walking into a room, punching a wall, and walking out. Like... what?!

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Fucking Setzer.

• Options
    But the FF cameos in KH2 were shitty. In that they added literally nothing to any plot, and were all but walking advertisements for the then upcoming Advent Children movie.

Heck, even your precious Tifa-desu. What's her big moment? Walking into a room, punching a wall, and walking out. Like... what?!

That video I just linked.

Also, I hate to be the one to break it to you, but Kingdom Hearts is primarily a fanservice series. Which means that people would expect and tolerate as many cameos as possible, so long as everyone is doing what they're best at...whether it be riding in a magic carpet, dressing up as Santa Claus or....punching walls.

Nobody complains about the random appearances by Merlin, Chip and Dale, or Uncle Scrooge, but toss in a Final Fantasy character?

Who the fuck do you think you are?

• Options
    Also they already did FF7 in KH1. What they did to Setzer, Seifer, Vivi...not good.

Not even magical fairy YRP could make up for the rest of that.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    I am consistently confounded by why everyone hated Setzer's appearance so much. Not only did he get to say his most awesome line from FFVI, he was played by Crispin Freeman!

Was it the outfit? It really wasn't that insulting, and I'll take that over all the newbies wondering if he's related to Sephiroth, or is in fact Sephiroth.

Vivi, I do wish got more screentime. Seifer was simply awesome (and played by Batman!....Beyond) so I don't see why anyone would bitch about him.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    edited November 2011

Tifa - Cloud! You can haz my light!
    *Cloud starts sparkling*
    Cantido - WTF is this shit.

Cantido on
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular

That video I just linked.

Also, I hate to be the one to break it to you, but Kingdom Hearts is primarily a fanservice series. Which means that people would expect and tolerate as many cameos as possible, so long as everyone is doing what they're best at...whether it be riding in a magic carpet, dressing up as Santa Claus or....punching walls.

Nobody complains about the random appearances by Merlin, Chip and Dale, or Uncle Scrooge, but toss in a Final Fantasy character?

Who the fuck do you think you are?

Thar be a difference between cameos and... whatever the hell they thought they were doing with the FFVII crew. The one thing your video is missing is Cait Sith and Red XIII appearing on the bottom, holding a giant "Buy Advent Children on DVD sign.

I mean, I liked the other FF cameos. I'm even with you, I thought Setzer was awesome, especially for the reason you gave. But the VII stuff was dumb. Looked awesome by itself in a vacuum, but still dumb.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    GrimthwackerGrimthwacker Registered User regular
    Needs more Aqua love in here. Seriously, she was a nice, simple, but effective character; the complete opposite of the increasingly convoluted stuff that KH has been accumulating.
    Also, jiggling. :winky: