As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I'm [Kingdom], he's [Hearts], and that's [Thread].

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    All this talk about whether or not the Monster Inc world is a waste of a slot and I think we're missing the big picture.

Ariel is a summon now.

That means we won't have to go to Atlantis!

Well no, because Frozen will be the new singalong world.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    All this talk about whether or not the Monster Inc world is a waste of a slot and I think we're missing the big picture.

Ariel is a summon now.

That means we won't have to go to Atlantis!

Well no, because Frozen will be the new singalong world.

We descend even deeper into the pits of hell.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    We get to hear Haley Joel Osment singing Do You Want to Build a Snowman

I am okay sacrificing a regular gameplay KH world for this

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Turn Goofy into a reindeer and Donald into a snowmanduck.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    I unironically love Atlantica in KH2, as well as the 100 Acre Wood

I basically weep when Pooh doesn't want Sora to go

Javen on
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    If we're talking worlds, I would still like Princess And The Frog. Its villain is basically a Kingdom Hearts villain already.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    I swear to god if we don't get a Wreck-it-Ralph world...
    Enlong wrote: »
    If we're talking worlds, I would still like Princess And The Frog. Its villain is basically a Kingdom Hearts villain already.

My god, yes. It's unlikely, since that movie didn't do well for Disney, but Dr. Facilier is SO GOOD.

Mandatory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g00kEcGh4j8

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Zython wrote: »

I think that's confirmed? Or was it Big Hero Six.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Zython wrote: »

I think that's confirmed? Or was it Big Hero Six.

That was Big Hero 6. Which, for the record, I'm stoked for, as well.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Someone had some good suggestions for a Wreck-It-Ralph world, since it would allow for some pretty funny potential 4th wall breaks, but nothing is confirmed

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    On January 25, 2015, Amazon had a pre-order for Kingdom Hearts 3 for PS4 for $40.99.

I remember this because I pre-ordered it. Grand total: $44.37.

It's not at the same level as slash0000, but my patience will pay off!

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    On January 25, 2015, Amazon had a pre-order for Kingdom Hearts 3 for PS4 for $40.99.

Oh shit a blast from the past.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Honestly, I wouldn't rule out any Disney world due to box office. I mean, Hercules was a box office disappointment, and we're getting a Hercules world yet again.

Not that I'm complaining, mind. More Hades is always a good thing.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Still no word on Robin Hood or Jungle Book?

What's so hard about allowing the player to pal around with a singing/dancing bear? We have two fantastic options: Baloo and Little John. Both are awesome and I want to pal with both.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Jungle Book could be a thing, since the new movie was a hit.

But then again, see my previous post. We get worlds mostly due to the director's whims.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    ani_game_bumani_game_bum Optimistic, Rule-Breaking Nice Guy The Final World/DestinationRegistered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Honestly, I wouldn't rule out any Disney world due to box office. I mean, Hercules was a box office disappointment, and we're getting a Hercules world yet again.

Not that I'm complaining, mind. More Hades is always a good thing.

I will say I am impressed that SE was able to get as much mileage as they did out of Hercules/Olympus Coliseum with all of the canon/non-canon story concepts. Assuming they are going with the (and I can't believe I'm spoilering a 20+ year old movie storyline)
    Hades trashing Thebes/taking over Mt. Olympus bit for KH3
    I think the tap will finally dry up on the usable official story canon.

steam_sig.pngPSN: ani_game_bum Battle.net ID: Anigamebum#1354 Genshin UID: 660694297 Switch FC: SW-2127-8288-6505 Steam Wishlist
  • Options
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Jungle Book could be a thing, since the new movie was a hit.

But then again, see my previous post. We get worlds mostly due to the director's whims.

It's still wild that we got a TWEWY world of all things.

• Options
    Well we got a world with TWEWY characters in it. I'd still like to go to Shibuya itself, tho.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    I've been considering picking up and playing the remake collections in anticipation of KH3, and I looked into the lore that's come up in BBS and Chi and... my goodness did this series go completely off the fucking rails. The difference in tone between the earlier games and the latest offerings so so jarringly different. Chi especially is so, so bizarre... but... I love it. I'm super-invested in all of this Keyblade War and 13 Darknesses malarkey. I must know how it all ends.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    I've been considering picking up and playing the remake collections in anticipation of KH3, and I looked into the lore that's come up in BBS and Chi and... my goodness did this series go completely off the fucking rails. The difference in tone between the earlier games and the latest offerings so so jarringly different. Chi especially is so, so bizarre... but... I love it. I'm super-invested in all of this Keyblade War and 13 Darknesses malarkey. I must know how it all ends.

BBS is also really fucking good.

There are things that I don't love about it's execution, but the game is fantastic anyway. A really good evolution of the battle system.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    I also remember writhing in agony back in the 20-aughts that Final Mix existed as a Japanese exclusive and I couldn't have it. But now I can. I can have all the Finals Mixes, for all the games. It's tempting.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    I also remember writhing in agony back in the 20-aughts that Final Mix existed as a Japanese exclusive and I couldn't have it. But now I can. I can have all the Finals Mixes, for all the games. It's tempting.

KH1 Final Mix is pretty great too. It's battle system is in a comfortable place between OG KH1 and KH2. I think I actually like it better than KH2's battle system.

I didn't remember KH2's battle system well enough to speak on the differences between 2 and it's final mix version.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular

You still have it pre-ordered? That's amazing.

sig.gif
  • Options
    LD50 wrote: »

KH1 Final Mix is pretty great too. It's battle system is in a comfortable place between OG KH1 and KH2. I think I actually like it better than KH2's battle system.

I didn't remember KH2's battle system well enough to speak on the differences between 2 and it's final mix version.

The main difference I know of is that the Drive/Summon gauge fills way faster. Such that I'm actually using that feature for something other than boss fights or grinding via save point exploits.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »

As do I

The FFVII Remake also had a cheap preorder price on Amazon that is still sitting there in my unfulfilled orders

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

Why would that be amazing?

• Options
    RobonunRobonun It's all fun and games until someone pisses off China Registered User regular
    Will they still honor the pre-order? That's the amazing part.

• Options
    Robonun wrote: »
    Will they still honor the pre-order? That's the amazing part.

That's pretty standard.

You pre-order at a special price you get that price.

• Options
    ani_game_bumani_game_bum Optimistic, Rule-Breaking Nice Guy The Final World/DestinationRegistered User regular
    Short, but new, KH3 trailer posted after a fan event over the weekend, featuring high tech, explosive, edge-of-your-seat mini-game goodness!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMpo7cuftKI

EXCITING!!!

steam_sig.pngPSN: ani_game_bum Battle.net ID: Anigamebum#1354 Genshin UID: 660694297 Switch FC: SW-2127-8288-6505 Steam Wishlist
  • Options
    Ok, the above post, but I'm sincerely interested in this. It looks like a cute, fun set of minigames.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    They added Game & Watch. Even though neither Disney nor Square has anything to do with it... Bizarre but actually I love those things. I had a terrible Tiger Electronics Spider-Man game like that. And a Sonic 2 game like that too I think...

shoeboxjeddy on
  • Options

I probably would have cancelled it long before now.

sig.gif
  • Options
    I’ll admit the G&W style mini-games is an unexpected cute touch. I would like to think that if it’s a portable thing in-game then you have the freedom to play at will unlike having to, say, travel back to Pooh world to work on getting a high score or an achievement unlock on Hunny Slider or Tigger Bouncer or whatever.

• Options

I probably would have cancelled it long before now.

So it's shocking that someone posting in a Kingdom Hearts thread didn't cancel their pre-order on the newest Kingdom Hearts game that looks like another rad Kingdom Hearts game because you would have..?

That doesn't make any sense dude.

• Options
    I said I was amazed that they'd kept their pre-order for over three years and counting. And also that the pre-order is probably going to be for an amount that equates to probably 33% off on top of that.

sig.gif
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Those fucking things are a curse and an abomination from the past that should never resurface. I wish I could have them all rocketed into the sun.

• Options
    I said I was amazed that they'd kept their pre-order for over three years and counting. And also that the pre-order is probably going to be for an amount that equates to probably 33% off on top of that.

Ohh.

But I mean it still doesn't cost anything, why cancel it if it's something you are interested in?

• Options

Ohh.

But I mean it still doesn't cost anything, why cancel it if it's something you are interested in?
    "It's never gonna come out, fuck these people."

Or maybe financial (for whenever the game actually comes out), who knows.

sig.gif
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Lots of news coming out of the KH3 Premiere Event. Good stuff, too.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    I need them to show us a release date so I can plan my playthrough of the series that will seamlessly lead into the release of 3