As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I'm [Kingdom], he's [Hearts], and that's [Thread].

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Is it just number of mechs destroyed that advances to prime then gold robots? It's definitely not time elapsed.

Yep. It's basically a set number of dudes that spawn. So after you kill the appropriate amount of regular dudes the stronger dudes come. Which is why you get points for your time. It's the time of killing all the enemies that spawn.

So don't bother with the Primes that have a ton of HP?

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Is it just number of mechs destroyed that advances to prime then gold robots? It's definitely not time elapsed.

Yep. It's basically a set number of dudes that spawn. So after you kill the appropriate amount of regular dudes the stronger dudes come. Which is why you get points for your time. It's the time of killing all the enemies that spawn.

So don't bother with the Primes that have a ton of HP?

No no. I'm saying you kill them all. It's just about killing them all faster. I worded that poorly.

Regular primes blow up in a single explosive trap. So nuke them there. and get the big points fast. The gold guy takes like 2 traps and some gunfire in between the 2 traps while luring him.

Just make sure when getting the primes into position to nuke you are still firing and gunning down any regulars on the way to keep the chain going.

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    I'm losing my patience with minigames, like I thought I would.

I cannot do any of the cooking minigames besides chopping, no matter how many times I attempt it.

About ready to give up and go beat the game and write the rest off as garbage. Or maybe I'm just garbage.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    I'm losing my patience with minigames, like I thought I would.

I cannot do any of the cooking minigames besides chopping, no matter how many times I attempt it.

About ready to give up and go beat the game and write the rest off as garbage. Or maybe I'm just garbage.

Eggs and Flambé are the worst. The seasoning one isn't too bad if you can get a sense of the rhythm down. It also always starts off with R, then L, then R.

Try equipping as many Gourmand Rings as you can to improve the window for getting an Excellent. I think you get one ring directly from Uncle Scrooge after the restaurant gets its first star? And I've gotten a couple out of the Moogle Mail items.

You can always go to a Moogle shop, buy a single potion, leave the vendor screen to see if you got a Postcard, and repeat until you feel you've got enough. Then save the game and save scum the postbox until you have enough rings for Sora to equip.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    Got all the keyblades. Tried the dancing minigame. Never going to get that trophy, so might as well see how the game ends.

Ending:
    Huh?

Everything is almost wrapped up, but Sora needs to go find Kairi. Presumably does, since they're on the Destiny Islands some time later? Then Sora disappears in the last panel.

The next time we see that panel after many credits, Sora and Kairi seem to have switched positions? I don't get it.

It was nice to see all the characters having fun, not all wearing the same dark cloaks. Shame we didn't really get to see a lot of all the original characters. Sora, Donald, and Goofy were mostly passive observers in Disney Worlds, though different worlds had different levels of interactivity. Very little Roxas, Axel, Xion, Terra, Ven, and Aqua, when all was said and done.

Epilogue:
    I guess the franchise isn't finished, just the story arc?

So the black box is presumably the one Maleficent was looking for.

I didn't play KHUX much, but recognize 4 of the 5 faction leaders. I have no idea who Luxu is. I don't know any of the "plot" of KHUX, and didn't see the movie either, so I'm pretty lost here.

Major spoilers:
    Sora and Riku go into a FFXV analogue/Nomura-verse world? Instead of a Disney world? Are they dropping Disney worlds in the future?

Dropped plot point:
    The girl Isa and Lea were looking for?

Did Sora meet her soul in the land where the sea meets the sky?

Not really resolved.

Hmm. I don't know.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Got all the keyblades. Tried the dancing minigame. Never going to get that trophy, so might as well see how the game ends.

Ending:
    Huh?

Everything is almost wrapped up, but Sora needs to go find Kairi. Presumably does, since they're on the Destiny Islands some time later? Then Sora disappears in the last panel.

The next time we see that panel after many credits, Sora and Kairi seem to have switched positions? I don't get it.

It was nice to see all the characters having fun, not all wearing the same dark cloaks. Shame we didn't really get to see a lot of all the original characters. Sora, Donald, and Goofy were mostly passive observers in Disney Worlds, though different worlds had different levels of interactivity. Very little Roxas, Axel, Xion, Terra, Ven, and Aqua, when all was said and done.

Epilogue:
    I guess the franchise isn't finished, just the story arc?

So the black box is presumably the one Maleficent was looking for.

I didn't play KHUX much, but recognize 4 of the 5 faction leaders. I have no idea who Luxu is. I don't know any of the "plot" of KHUX, and didn't see the movie either, so I'm pretty lost here.

Major spoilers:
    Sora and Riku go into a FFXV analogue/Nomura-verse world? Instead of a Disney world? Are they dropping Disney worlds in the future?

Dropped plot point:
    The girl Isa and Lea were looking for?

Did Sora meet her soul in the land where the sea meets the sky?

Not really resolved.

Hmm. I don't know.

Ending
    Presumably, Sora found Kairi by using the Power of Waking in some costly manner that has resulted in him going missing by the end of the game.

Epilogue
    Extremely brief KHUX notes: The 5 faction leaders are apprentices of the mysterious 'Master of Masters', who also had a 6th apprentice, and that's Luxu. Luxu's duties were to both safeguard the Black Box, and to pass the Master's keyblade No Name on to a worthy successor.

The No Name's is connected directly to the Master (he claims the eye in the keyblade is his own) allowing him to apparently literally see through it and experience all it does, so basically the Master was watching the whole time Xehanort did anything.

The Master has a very childish and eccentric personality, so the guy in the black cloak at the end of the secret ending making the 'heart' shape with his fingers is probably meant to be him.

Plot Point
    This seems to point back to more KHUX stuff. At the end of KHUX, 5 children escaped the ruin of the previous world/universe and went to the present one (Sora et al's world). KHUX seemed to seed a lot of story concepts that're starting to bleed over into the main series of games.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options

The trick to this one, when I did it, was to do a 10 chain, and use one of the triangle bonuses on the side of the town square to cap the 10th chain. That should immediately give you enough points/time passed to start the circle dance (forget the actual name) in the middle. You must flourish that with the triangle finish, and you should have enough time to do another 10 chain to do the circle dance all over again. That should get you enough points to fulfill the trophy requirement.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited March 2019

Interesting...that said without a Final Mix or a NG+ to go along with it I'm not sure if I'll play it just yet...as I already beat the game.

But the difficulty or lack thereof was probably one of my bigger complaints about the game.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Good for them to continue to support the game a bit.

But for people who don't replay games that's entirely useless at this point.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Yeah I just hit my first difficult part of the game ... In the end game and the secret to beating it was spend an hour to go from lv 42 to 55 so yeah I really wish they had launched with critical (but also I just played through both collections in that mode prior to 3s release so it was just kind of a step down)

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Good for them to continue to support the game a bit.

But for people who don't replay games that's entirely useless at this point.

KH has always launched extra content afterwards though, not sure why this would suddenly be a problem. The Critical modes that people liked from before were post launch additions.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Well I intended to get to whatever version of final rest this game had then go do other stuff, hunt emblems, make ultima weapon, you know, the normal stuff.

Instead I unintentionally blew through the entire endgame segment. That was... Very fast? I don't know. It felt like no single moment or battle was dwelled upon too much, but everything from the series got its own little send-off?

I'll have to explore what post game stuff there is still, but I don't know, it just left me wanting more like a middle chapter in a series I grew up reading

• Options
    ani_game_bumani_game_bum Optimistic, Rule-Breaking Nice Guy The Final World/DestinationRegistered User regular
    Cross-post from SE++ thread:

Hey everyone,

After two months of off-and-on playing/side questing/getting my family up to speed with the overall story I finished Kingdom Hearts III late last night.

I'm posting from page 58 86 where I stopped checking the thread in late January so I'm excited to see what everyone has to say (retro Agrees/Awesomes inbound!).

Quick reaction: I will say that this game is an absolute blast to play and, IMO, delivered in several ways but I am still processing the story and sooo tired right now.

Going to take a short break from playing it but cannot wait to come back and finish some more side quest/achievement stuff (I say I roughly completed 70% of the game on Proud; secret video unlocked but no post game stuff yet).

steam_sig.pngPSN: ani_game_bum Battle.net ID: Anigamebum#1354 Genshin UID: 660694297 Switch FC: SW-2127-8288-6505 Steam Wishlist
  • Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    So I had a thought
    Is Xigbar/Luxu still norted? Does that mean a half of Xehanort is still hanging around? Was he ever actually norted?

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    HamHamJ wrote: »
    So I had a thought
    Is Xigbar/Luxu still norted? Does that mean a half of Xehanort is still hanging around? Was he ever actually norted?
    He must have been. Otherwise the X-blade wouldn't have formed. Question is if he was still norted when was recompleted again.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    Zython wrote: »
    So I had a thought
    He must have been. Otherwise the X-blade wouldn't have formed. Question is if he was still norted when was recompleted again.
    Was he recompleted? It seemed to me like the entire point of him jumping onto a wall so he could fall off it into a Disney death out of sight was that he totally faked his "death"?

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Zython wrote: »
    So I had a thought
    Was he recompleted? It seemed to me like the entire point of him jumping onto a wall so he could fall off it into a Disney death out of sight was that he totally faked his "death"?
    It's also important to note that Aqua's eyes were amber when she fell to darkness, so being 'norted could simply create those color eyes because his darkness is taking over the person's heart. That could easily mean that Xigbar has fallen to darkness totally separate from being 'norted. His eyes even changed as early as Birth By Sleep when his eyes started brown, but the game ended with them amber. He could have already been part Xehanort, but I think it's much more likely he simply let himself fall as part of the Master of Master's "big plan". Luxu seems to be dangerously unquestioning of his purpose.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    ani_game_bumani_game_bum Optimistic, Rule-Breaking Nice Guy The Final World/DestinationRegistered User regular
    So I had a thought

I think we are missing the bigger question here...
    Where did that slacker Demyx run off too?
    April Fool's :razz:

steam_sig.pngPSN: ani_game_bum Battle.net ID: Anigamebum#1354 Genshin UID: 660694297 Switch FC: SW-2127-8288-6505 Steam Wishlist
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Finally finished all of Birth by Sleep (including final episode) and the re:Coded video on 2.5.

On to Dream Drop.

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Guys, I'm pretty sure that Demyx is the Master of Masters.

Their laziness as a shared character trait was the first thing that tipped me off, but looking deeper into it I realized that there is so much more that points to this behind the scenes:
    April fools.

• Options
    Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    Ok so, I've been trying to get through the entire series by way of the Remaster collections for about a year off and on now, and as I'm about to wrap up BBS, I need to pull the trigger on either the 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue disk or The Story Thus Far. Trouble is, I can't tell if there's any difference in content between Story Thus Far and the two previously released collections. Since they cost roughly the same, I'm not sure which to get.

That said, man am I glad I stuck out BBS. I followed a suggestion I saw somewhere to play, in order, Terra, Ven, and Aqua. I struggled really hard with Terra and ended up spending the last couple of boss fights block spamming and chipping them down little by little, and, compelling story aside, it really soured me a bit and took me a while to get started in Ven. I'm about 3/4 of the way through Ven's story, which has been a far better experience. I've had time to really dig into the command system and delve deep into melding charts and I feel like I'm going to have a far easier time just from having bothered, which I really didn't with Terra. Like, for instance, not having gotten the Second Chance or Once More or Exp Walker abilities.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Ok so, I've been trying to get through the entire series by way of the Remaster collections for about a year off and on now, and as I'm about to wrap up BBS, I need to pull the trigger on either the 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue disk or The Story Thus Far. Trouble is, I can't tell if there's any difference in content between Story Thus Far and the two previously released collections. Since they cost roughly the same, I'm not sure which to get.

That said, man am I glad I stuck out BBS. I followed a suggestion I saw somewhere to play, in order, Terra, Ven, and Aqua. I struggled really hard with Terra and ended up spending the last couple of boss fights block spamming and chipping them down little by little, and, compelling story aside, it really soured me a bit and took me a while to get started in Ven. I'm about 3/4 of the way through Ven's story, which has been a far better experience. I've had time to really dig into the command system and delve deep into melding charts and I feel like I'm going to have a far easier time just from having bothered, which I really didn't with Terra. Like, for instance, not having gotten the Second Chance or Once More or Exp Walker abilities.

"The Story So Far" is the entire game collection. 1.5/2.5 on one disc, and 2.8 on another. If it's the same price as buying 2.8 alone, and you already have the other games... I dunno I'd probably get that anyways and then just give the first disk to a friend as a present or something.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Story So Far It Is!
    Just wrapped up Ventus' story and I don't know if it's his similarities to Sora gameplay wise or what but I found it just a ton easier to get into and enjoy. I found myself grinding out recipes and doing the dumb Disney Town minigames and just generally being more compelled to "complete" the game. On to Aqua's story!

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Story So Far It Is!
    Just wrapped up Ventus' story and I don't know if it's his similarities to Sora gameplay wise or what but I found it just a ton easier to get into and enjoy. I found myself grinding out recipes and doing the dumb Disney Town minigames and just generally being more compelled to "complete" the game. On to Aqua's story!

Terra focuses on "Strength" options which is not a great pillar of KH combat systems, so he suffers. Ventus focuses on multi-hit moves which keep you protected better. Aqua has the magic speciality, which at its highest levels is basically refusing to engage in combat properly at all and screen killing everything at once. So that's... good.

• Options
    Story So Far It Is!

Terra focuses on "Strength" options which is not a great pillar of KH combat systems, so he suffers. Ventus focuses on multi-hit moves which keep you protected better. Aqua has the magic speciality, which at its highest levels is basically refusing to engage in combat properly at all and screen killing everything at once. So that's... good.

I'm down with that. My Ventus basically facerolled everything including Vanitas with a bunch of "nuke all the things on screen" commands anyway, if Aqua can hit that point earlier all the better!

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    See, I actually liked Terra and his brute force style of gameplay. The reason he was god awful though is his utter lack of a proper dodge with invincibility frames. I beat my head against the Unknown fight, at lv99 no less, and when I finally did it felt more like luck. Doing the same fight at ~40-50 as the other two, with their dodge rolls, almost felt like cheating, and I did them first try each.

Fair warning with Aqua, early on you don't have her crazy spells, and she's the weakest in terms of physical attack. So the early game is hard, but it's fun hard as you're playing a much more ranged game. And then you finally start getting the good magic and stuff just melts.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    I figured out far, far too late in the game that Terra is all about blocking and retaliation strikes. I just couldn't play him any other way and survive. There is part of me that wants to go through and do everything the game has to offer but just thinking about playing through again, but on Critical, as Terra, kills that idea.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Terra's Counter Hammer is ludicrously strong compared to Ventus's and Aqua's equivalent moves.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Yeah. Most of the time blocking is pretty optional to playing KH effectively that said for Terra it is actually a core part of his moveset and takes some time to get used to.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Ok, Aqua was a breeeeeeze. I didn't even grind half the commands I could/should have and waltzed through the end, plus the final chapter. I'm not crazy enough (at the moment) to grind out all the reports and whatnot for the super secret final movie so I've moved on to DDD. I'd played some of it on the 3ds but shelved it after a world or two for some reason and have next to no memory of ever playing other than the Tron world.
    Glad to see some semblance of the command system is back, though I'm not super pleased that abilities seem to be tied to leveling up my Totally-Not-Heartless-Pokemon. I am extremely pleased by the amount of movement freedom given right away with the flowmotion stuff. I'll probably never master any of the crazy moves it seems to want you to do but it feels nice to be so mobile right out of the gate for once.
    Does anyone have any tips for making my life easier on this one?

Edit: Forgot to mention, I had to go back and dink around in the Mirage Arena for a bit as Terra to get a missing Xehanort report, and wow, I really was...not trying, I guess. Almost no commands to work with, few abilities, and 4 healing commands just to keep myself alive. By comparison, a single curaga was more than enough for Ven and Aqua. Something I definitely did not appreciate until going back to Terra is that his keyblade strikes hit like a truck, especially after just wrapping up as Aqua, who even on her best days does chip damage by comparison.

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Playing Dream Drop Distance and just got to the Hunchback of Notre Dame segment. Went in the cathedral and then decided to take a break. Got on Twitter and saw the news.

...fuck.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Playing Dream Drop Distance and just got to the Hunchback of Notre Dame segment. Went in the cathedral and then decided to take a break. Got on Twitter and saw the news.

...fuck.

Keep playing.

• Options
    Finally moved on to Kingdom Hearts 3. Just finished the Toy Box world, and it was just hot buttered perfection. Easily my favorite world in the entire series so far. The attention to detail is just insane -- triggering Woody and Buzz's team attack, seeing the two hop onto it with a look of determination, and then seeing them spaz out for less than half a second when the rocket takes off before the camera angle changes is just amazing.

It definitely shows Pixar was more hands-on in their worlds than Disney was with theirs (though if the Hercules stuff was anything to go by, the Disney worlds still set a high bar).

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    I really liked how the army men still had some excess plastic around the edges of their moulds.

• Options
    ...and that's Kingdom Hearts 3. Beautiful, stupidly-well animated, wonderful music, and a plot loaded with heaping gobs of convoluted nonsense.

Also it looks like they ran out of ideas for a secret video at the end.

• Options
    What? No way. It's like the most Nomura-ass thing he's done in a while. Edgelordy bullshit with no explanations and zero fucks given to the viewer.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Oh here's the KH thread. Really hard to search for it when the words Kingdom and Hearts aren't next to each other.

Anyway I just started playing KH3. I'm enjoying it so far but man Sora's voice is rough. I guess in my head his voice was waaaay younger.

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »
    Oh here's the KH thread. Really hard to search for it when the words Kingdom and Hearts aren't next to each other.

Anyway I just started playing KH3. I'm enjoying it so far but man Sora's voice is rough. I guess in my head his voice was waaaay younger.

Sora's voice was younger... 17 years ago.

Though his voice is surprisingly okay considering his actor looks like this now:

MV5BNDYwNTcwNmMtYTc4Yi00YWQ3LWI3MWQtOWY2NzY3Njc3ODc3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTA1NDY3NzY@._V1_.jpg