Options

[Soulcalibur 5] SBO on Saturday. Character lock go!

1505152535456»

• Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    hahaha yesss

mitsu's j.A+B is legit as hell and i don't care who dares tell me otherwise!

• Options
    is there any fighting game where fuudo is not a fucking monster?

• Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    isn't in top 8:

- France
    - Viola
    - Nightmare

is in top 8:

- Tira
    - Astaroth
    - Korea

hmm.

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    bet $5 woahhz takes the whole thing

• Options
    Woahhzz surprise switch back to Ivy in the grand finals!

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    stream
  • Options
    Page- wrote: »
    Woahhzz surprise switch back to Ivy in the grand finals!

i would scream

(with joy)

• Options
    Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Games Dealer Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    Man, I totally wouldve made it out if it wasnt for random Japanese guy. I have not confirmed this, but I heard no Texas players made it out of pools at all.

No France in top 8? You're kidding.

• Options
    Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    Is kab still in?

Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • Options
    Man, I totally wouldve made it out if it wasnt for random Japanese guy. I have not confirmed this, but I heard no Texas players made it out of pools at all.

No France in top 8? You're kidding.

no france

no keev surprises the hell out of me

• Options
    Top 8

Winners

Shen Chan - Singapore (Siegfried)
    CRNA|Ruka - Japan (Patroklos)
    Something Unique - USA (Pyrrha)
    Xephukai - USA (Astaroth, Patroklos)

Losers

Woahhzz - USA (Alpha Patroklos)
    Shining Decopon - Japan (Tira)
    CafeID|Kura - Korea (Patroklos)
    Kamaage - Japan (Mitsurugi)

stream
  • Options
    Damn no rtd?

Characters I hate:

• Options
    Ruka is the guy that beat me. I didnt just lose to a nobody!

• Options
    edited July 2012
    kAb and rtd both got out of pools (kAb in losers, rtd in winners) but couldn't crack top 8.

rtd got knocked out by Keev, who was knocked out by Kura. No idea what happened to kAb.

I guess we have a better idea of why Project Soul nerfed Tira.

Page- on
    stream
  • Options
    If they had just done more qualifiers in Japan, i wouldnta had to deal with that shit!

• Options
    Page- wrote: »
    kAb and rtd both got out of pools (kAb in losers, rtd in winners) but couldn't crack top 8.

rtd got knocked out by Keev, who was knocked out by Kura. No idea what happened to kAb.

I guess we have a better idea of why Project Soul nerfed Tira.

Thanks!

Wish I could have seeen kab play... i'll have to ask him about it all when he gets back in town.

Characters I hate:

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Nice to see a Tira in top 8.

...>_>...told you guys she was better than people thought.

Sad my brother(LostProvidence) didn't make it to Top 8. But he lost to Woahhz and they play all the time so I don't think he is too beat up about it.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Nice to see a Tira in top 8.

...>_>...told you guys she was better than people thought.

Sad my brother(LostProvidence) didn't make it to Top 8. But he lost to Woahhz and they play all the time so I don't think he is too beat up about it.

hey, he did really well regardless

and he knocked kayane out, so that's somethin' too

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Also funny I was telling my brother that I think Patroklos, my main, is at least top 5.

And there are 3 in top 8.

• Options
    EVOLEVOL Registered User regular
    Some of Pat's frames post-patch are fucking bullshit.

Nice to see Kura doing well.

• Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    So curious, since I don't follow the scene that closely: Watching the matches from yesterday, and seemed that the announcers had a huge hate-boner for this Swordlord guy. Is he that big of a tool?

EDIT: Apparently I can't read, and was just watching Road to EVO footage. I'm a dumb.

Farangu on
  • Options
    Farangu wrote: »
    So curious, since I don't follow the scene that closely: Watching the matches from yesterday, and seemed that the announcers had a huge hate-boner for this Swordlord guy. Is he that big of a tool?

Yeah, my bro was telling me that Swordlord does get hated on a lot...I forgot why.

I know that Bibulus guy also has it out for my brother. That being said pettiness aside he is a very good commentator.

Bibulus that is...not sure who was hating on Swordlord but I haven't watched the entire stream yet.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    I know the answer to this one. Something about challenging Hates to a big money match and then chickening out or something like that. Either that or losing and not paying. Hates will often mention that the guy owes him money, but I dont know if its theoretical because he wouldve lost or what.

Dr Mario Kart on
  • Options
    He's just had a bad rep for a long time now. Talks a lot of shit and generally people don't like to be around him. And he does owe some people money.

stream
  • Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    Anyone got a link to this Tira's play? Really interested to see how anyone could find that much success with her post nerf...hope it's not just a matter of matchup inexperience.

• Options
    It was a Japanese Tira, so presumably he's part of the reason she was nerfed in the first place. I think they thought gloomy was way too strong.

stream
  • Options
    no videos up on youtube yet, and i don't think you can access the evo twitch archives without paying your $12 Kappa.png

• Options
    edited July 2012
    So, I went back and watched the stream(since I'm rich and can pay 12 bucks).

Have to say that Tira player was pretty legit. I understand what people meant about him getting lucky though since Mateo pretty much fudged that final round badly but overall pretty good. That being said peoples lack of character knowledge was showing too since a lot of people fell for that mid attack that looks like a low.

That being said have to say their were pretty good matches overall and a nice showing of characters.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Xeph choked hard. :<

You can tell a player has mind fucked themselves into oblivion when they've started the "block until they attack" tactic.

Tira still going strong! Tira vs Cervy grand finals? I hate Cervy, but why not.

stream
  • Options
    Yeah...you could tell Something-Unique had him scared to throw out throws.

But he had to to get anything going.

• Options
    Tira player putting naysaying internet on blast.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    It's all luck. Facebook told me so.

But now Decopon has to get through the SU rematch. Last time they played SU made him look like the online, luck-based Tira scrub that everyone expects him to be.

Page- on
    stream
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Yooo that Tira corner/wall damage

• Options
    Cervantes/Tira GFs!!!!

While I wanted USA to win, this shit is too hype for me to care!

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Top retweet on Daishi's twitter:

"DEKOPON!DEKOPON!DEKOPON!DEKOPON!DEKOPON!DEKOPON!DEKOPON!DEKOPON!DEKOPON!DEKOPON!DEKOPON!DEKOPON!DEKOPON!DEKOPON!DEKOPON!DEKOPON!DEKOPON!"

I sense bias.

Looks like Daishi was watching the stream, too. He can't nerf Tira now because Tira let Japan win.

So now sfxt? Good. I can go to the store and make something to eat without missing anything.

Page- on
    stream
  • Options
    So...Tira player wins Evo and it was still luck and Tira is still really bad.

Oh, internet.

Edit: That said...he did get away with some stuff because people weren't too familiar with her moves, but that's just the way it goes.

• Options
    I think the Shens are more familiar with Tira than most, especially the Western players. It was a good match and he won by playing better.

stream
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Post-tourney interview.

What happened in that last match?

"He was a beast.

"I guessed wrong."

What else is there to say?

Looking forward to that SBO rematch.

Page- on
    stream
  • Options
    I like how in the last costume dlc they added Mina's sc4 2p outfit. Keep it classy, Namco!

stream
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    This weekend is Tougeki aka SBO 2012, which will be extra interesting since it's character locked.

Expect to see some of the new Viola stuff on display.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVWl9y126Uo&amp;feature=g-all-u

Page- on
    stream