Options

Batman - Arkham Origins/Blackgate announced, October 25th release date GET HYPE

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote:
    So...you know one thing about the endgame really made me lol...
    The part when Batman carries Joker corpse out of the theater. I mean it wasn't the scene that made me laugh so much as I was thinking "But Batman, what about your girly friend whose in there lying in a pool of her own blood?

Ha End game spoiler naturally.

I loved Jokers too soon joke in the theater, that was just overly cruel and hilarious. And I'm figuring that Talia went into the lazarus pit with her dad. Creepy by the way hella creepy.

Also side character spoiler.

Batmans also kind of a douche to Robin when he shows up, way to be an ass to someone backing you up bman.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Elendil wrote:
    Batman's kind of a dick when you return to the church after rescuing hospitals.

OPEN THIS FUCKING DOOR.
    okay jeez batman it's not like we were KIDNAPPED AND PUT INTO DEATH PUZZLES or anything

Tonight's not a good night to fuck with him.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    The only nonlethal takedown in the game I don't care for is the over-the-railing ledge takedown, because it never seems like he'd have enough time to actually attach a wire to the guy and then secure it to the ledge. The whole move just seems too unrealistic. Plus, if it's something survivable like a 12 foot drop, I want Batman to actually throw that guy off and have him land on the hard pavement, not just dangle in the air.

• Options
    KalTorak wrote:
    My favorite interrogation:
    I was on one of those walkways by the subway or something. Batman grabs the informant, holds him by one foot over the edge, and gives his threatening line. Informant says "OK, I'll tell you! Don't hurt me!"

Batman: "Of course not." Fucking drops him.

...what were you going to do if he didn't tell you?!

Make him wish Batman dropped him.

• Options
    Preacher wrote:

Batmans also kind of a douche to Robin when he shows up, way to be an ass to someone backing you up bman.

Batman being a douche to Robin is a longstanding tradition that I'm happy to see upheld.

Even Nightwing.

In fact, I think the reason this Robin has the buzzcut is because he was sick of hearing "And get a haircut, Tim."

• Options
    KalTorak wrote:
    My favorite interrogation:
    I was on one of those walkways by the subway or something. Batman grabs the informant, holds him by one foot over the edge, and gives his threatening line. Informant says "OK, I'll tell you! Don't hurt me!"

Batman: "Of course not." Fucking drops him.

...what were you going to do if he didn't tell you?!

Yeah the interrogations were hilarious for that exact thing also it seemed like. Interrogation spoiler.

For guys over railings that the rope would basically hit the ground anyway, batman would flat out drop them on their damn head.

Catwoman character spoiler.

Why is catwoman all no kill? Why would she give two shits about not hurting people? I mean she should be dropping dudes off ledges like no ones business.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I had zero problems with the remote batarang parts. The LT really slows it down to a crawl.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Preacher wrote:

Batman being a douche to Robin is a longstanding tradition that I'm happy to see upheld.

Even Nightwing.

In fact, I think the reason this Robin has the buzzcut is because he was sick of hearing "And get a haircut, Tim."

Poor robin, he looks so bad ass. Though least he could have done was bring me a change of clothes. I mean it helps catwoman, but batman ends up looking like a bachelorette stripper towards the end!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote:

Why is catwoman all no kill? Why would she give two shits about not hurting people? I mean she should be dropping dudes off ledges like no ones business.
    She did kill that flower. That was harsh.

• Options
    Preacher wrote:

She did kill that flower. That was harsh.

And that was hilarious, though she did have some plausible deniability.

I mean you are immediately attacked afterward so she could claim they destroyed the plant. I did like how they set it up like catwoman intentionally hurt Ivy's plants when Ivy attacked her, but the conversation seemed more like catwoman was supposed to water them while Ivy was in arkham asylum or something.

Catwomans dialogue with everyone else was definately the comic relief of the game.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Preacher wrote:

He was probably afraid he'd make him look bad by taking out all the thugs effortlessly.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    So wait...I've been hearing something about a Nightwing DLC.

It says its only $5 bucks so I'm guessing challenge room only?

• Options
    Preacher wrote:

He was probably afraid he'd make him look bad by taking out all the thugs effortlessly.

Yeah that's probably it. Kind of like how catwoman takes on a similar amount of dickbags with half the toys armor/clothing. Also and I haven't read the stories I unlocked but spoilers about Catwoman and Twoface.

In the Arkham universe were Harvey and Selina dating or something? He seems overly concerned with her specifically.

Also side villain interaction with catwoman.

If you haven't talk to penguin as catwoman, its a treat.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Whoever voices Catwoman seems to be doing a passable Christina Hendricks impression.

• Options
    KalTorak wrote:
    Whoever voices Catwoman seems to be doing a passable Christina Hendricks impression.

How can a voice actor do an impression of huge boobs in tight outfits? I did like how Catwoman's slide was angelina jolies from Wanted (I'm the only person to have seen and enjoyed that movie).

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    Wanted was alright. It just had the misfortune of coming out in the same summer as Iron Man and The Dark Knight, so it looked somewhat bad by comparison.

• Options
    zellychanzellychan Registered User regular
    Just finished listening to Freeze's interview tapes. I really do love his character. He's the one villian I wish could get his shit fixed. I think he'd go to jail for life happy as a clam so long as Nora was cured first.

Favorite Riddler informant: "Legs or face, which do I break first?" That one in particular is said so deadpan and uncaring, like Batman is just bored with you.

"I am the fabric of history, you are a fictional stain! I'll stick a flag up your ass and claim you for Spain!" -Christopher Columbus
  • Options
    Wanted was alright. It just had the misfortune of coming out in the same summer as Iron Man and The Dark Knight, so it looked somewhat bad by comparison.

Well it was also tied to Mark "I love rape" Millar. Though it shared almost zero with its source material (a benefit since Wanted as a comic to me is pretty much awful in every way possible). Still Angelina Jolie was hot, and the way she slid forward was pretty sweet, obviously rocksteady agreed.

Also they apparently really didnt like the way Lost ended, or so it seemed from some of the dialogue in the game.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    You know...from how hard he hits people I find it difficult to believe Batman hasn't killed someone at some point in time.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Dragkonias wrote:
    You know...from how hard he hits people I find it difficult to believe Batman hasn't killed someone at some point in time.

Like I said I think the batcomputer is lying to him. "Unconcious" right right sure, and the fact that no one else can wake them up? Yeah nothing to worry about or anything...

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote:
    KalTorak wrote:

How can a voice actor do an impression of huge boobs in tight outfits? I did like how Catwoman's slide was angelina jolies from Wanted (I'm the only person to have seen and enjoyed that movie).

She also has a pretty distinct voice/speaking manner, at least in Mad Men and parts of her Firefly appearances.

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote:
    Dragkonias wrote:

Like I said I think the batcomputer is lying to him. "Unconcious" right right sure, and the fact that no one else can wake them up? Yeah nothing to worry about or anything...

look, putting someone in a coma is technically non-lethal

• Options
    I always like to think of the criminals in the batman games as that one ewok from ROTJ "Come on buddy wake up... oh no... oh god no." And then they get strong up by their boots and dropped on their head from a batarang.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    There's one beatdown takedown that occurs when their back is to the wall. He grabs their face and smashes the back of their skull into it.
    You don't get up from those.

Anytime he does a temple strike...they're also probably dead. Throat smash? That guy can't breathe anymore.

I saw the most awesome counter though. I was groundpounding the second last guy in a round then countered the last guy who was punching from behind me. He did a forearm bar (clothesline I think it's called in wrestling?) from a kneeling position. It was like, a samurai style move, he twisted out of his kneeling position straight into it, followed through, the punk was on the ground and he was standing. It was beautiful.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    More points in favor of the catwoman vagina rub take down. I do like the one where she locks her legs and looks at her nails.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote:
    More points in favor of the catwoman vagina rub take down. I do like the one where she locks her legs and looks at her nails.

Was it my imagination or does she have a "on the ground" takedown where she kisses the guy?

• Options
    edited October 2011
    She has an awesome double counter where she flips horizontally, grabs one guy's head between her ankles, does some shit to the other guy I can't work out, then spins them both down onto the ground. It sounds awkward but it looks so brutal and elegant.

Also Robin's counters and "edged weapon" takedowns to mid game spoilers
    League of Assassin Ninjas

Have to be seen. Even if you never want to get him you need to see them. He's got this one counter where he just starts kicking them like three or four times with one leg. I captured most of them in the vid I'm uploading right now. Obviously if you are spoiler averse don't watch the last one, I'll mark it appropriately.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    Winky wrote:
    Preacher wrote:

Was it my imagination or does she have a "on the ground" takedown where she kisses the guy?

No there's definately one where you full on kiss knockout a dude. Which makes more sense for Ivy than catwoman, I think its a frontal combat take down, so very very rarely would you ever see it really, but I know its there.

There's also a stealth takedown where you suffocate someone with both your hands over their mouth, that one doesn't seem very less lethal.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Man, there are so many great catwoman takedowns.

Like she just kicks up her leg and slides it around the guy's neck from a standing position. I know a few dancers who would murder to be that flexible.

• Options
    You don't frequently get to do her inverted take downs from being above enemies aliens style, they are also cool.

I do like how one of batman's stealth knock outs is a reverse ddt. Classic Sting skin for batman... CONFIRMED!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    oh man

early game spoilers
    I'm on new game +, but when Harley leaves you in the church with 4 guys pointing rifles at your head, if you wait to throw the smoke bomb it ends up taking them like 5 minutes to decide to finally shoot you

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Joolander wrote:
    oh man

early game spoilers
    I'm on new game +, but when Harley leaves you in the church with 4 guys pointing rifles at your head, if you wait to throw the smoke bomb it ends up taking them like 5 minutes to decide to finally shoot you

Their dialogue is worth it.

• Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    I think this was my favorite game this year. I don't think I have the will to complete it though. There's just too much content.

I guess I can always rent it again or something.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote:
    I do like how one of batman's stealth knock outs is a reverse ddt. Classic Sting skin for batman... CONFIRMED!

I am so glad I'm not the only one that immediately thought of this

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    i am getting more and more pissed at the idea of exclusive pre-order fucking bullshit.

you want to play Robin? Buy from store X or you're fucked :D

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Preacher wrote:
    Preacher wrote:

Even Nightwing.

Poor robin, he looks so bad ass. Though least he could have done was bring me a change of clothes. I mean it helps catwoman, but batman ends up looking like a bachelorette stripper towards the end!

There's an episode of Batman The Brave and the Bold that deals with this issue completely.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    so for those of you who have played the game on consoles so far -
    I was wondering to what degree the game can be considered "freeform".

The original game, while it had an open environment, was pretty much linear gameplay. There was very little in the way of being able to just run around "being batman", aside from monotonous collecting of foos.

Is there any freeform "non-mission" gameplay besides foo collecting?

I guess in essence what i'm asking is this more like the original Batman game or more edging towards Grand Theft Auto/Just Cause style freeform gameplay, where you could totally log on, punch some dudes, fly around, and blow some stuff up without having to touch a meaningful mission

• Options
    Dhalphir wrote:
    so for those of you who have played the game on consoles so far -
    I was wondering to what degree the game can be considered "freeform".

The original game, while it had an open environment, was pretty much linear gameplay. There was very little in the way of being able to just run around "being batman", aside from monotonous collecting of foos.

Is there any freeform "non-mission" gameplay besides foo collecting?

I guess in essence what i'm asking is this more like the original Batman game or more edging towards Grand Theft Auto/Just Cause style freeform gameplay, where you could totally log on, punch some dudes, fly around, and blow some stuff up without having to touch a meaningful mission

Much closer to Just Cause. If it makes any sense after I beat the game I felt like that I still needed to "clean up" the city.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Oh and also. Is there anything better than the three person counter? They are so amazing.

For those of us who didn't trek out to Best Buy will Robin be DLC at some point or just the costumes?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    well there's not a whole lot of blowing stuff up, but yeah you can just glide around, Batmanning it up wherever you want