Options

Battlefield 3: Game is out. Autojoin userscript in OP.

19495969798100»

• Options
    TPSouTPSou Mr Registered User regular
    that is amazing.

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Bobble wrote:
    mojojoeo wrote:
    You can shoot mans or chase numbers! BF3 has games inside of games!

Filling bars!
    807503965_rBNbP-L.jpg

Read the below quote. Samurai figured out xp bars! The last part of that quote was lost to history it reads "just a few more kills and I unlock a new katana"

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    AlejandroDaJAlejandroDaJ Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Oh man, rocket pods on jets are soooo gooood. The hell with heat-seeking missiles, they just lead to horrible kabuki theater of target->flares->dive->target->flares->dive all while going BEEP BEEP BEEP. It's much more manly to sneak up behind your target quietly and just shred them with your guns. That, plus dive-bombing all the vehicles on Prince Caspian with your rocket pods and turning the Hilltop point into a mess of explosions and smoke.

Just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

AlejandroDaJ on
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Defying gravity Mr. Bond?

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Oh man, rocket pods on jets are soooo gooood. The hell with heat-seeking missiles, they just lead to horrible kabuki theater of target->flares->dive->target->flares->dive all while going BEEP BEEP BEEP. It's much more manly to sneak up behind your target quietly and just shred them with your guns. That, plus dive-bombing all the vehicles on Prince Caspian with your rocket pods and turning the Hilltop point into a mess of explosions and smoke.

Just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

It takes me way too many rockets to kill anything. I still use them, but Im not sure why I bother.

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    How quick to flares recharge? Couldnt you fire one missile, have them shoot flares, relock and fire the second before they have more flares? Repeat for a disable.

Ive yet to successfully pull this off though, I find it easier just to pew pew with the machine gun.

I think missiles would be useful if two pilots worked together. Ive gotten some disables by firing missiles at the enemy after i notice them pop flares to avoid another jet/chopper/engineer.

But overall I think the pods would be a better choice because you can actually influence the ground war. Otherwise, sure you can win the air war easier, but then you are useless.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    UEAKCrash wrote:

Battlefield moments. Ain't nothing else like em :^:
    I do find it hilarious how slow the chopper falls after the driver is shot.

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Disrupter wrote:
    How quick to flares recharge? Couldnt you fire one missile, have them shoot flares, relock and fire the second before they have more flares? Repeat for a disable.

Ive yet to successfully pull this off though, I find it easier just to pew pew with the machine gun.

I think missiles would be useful if two pilots worked together. Ive gotten some disables by firing missiles at the enemy after i notice them pop flares to avoid another jet/chopper/engineer.

But overall I think the pods would be a better choice because you can actually influence the ground war. Otherwise, sure you can win the air war easier, but then you are useless.

You have to start at maximum lock range without stealth to get two locks on a target without them getting out of range flying in a straight line over you. Also if they're far enough away when you fire the second round the flares will come back up while the rocket is chasing them and they can flare it off then. Its next to impossible to take down a GOOD jet solo with anti air.

Its possible with SOFLAM and more than 1 AA unit though.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    MandresMandres Registered User regular
    CarbonFire wrote:
    Battlefield moments. Ain't nothing else like em :^:
    I do find it hilarious how slow the chopper falls after the driver is shot.

Yep, I think this pretty much settles the BF vs. CoD debate. Checkmate.