Options

Battlefield 3: Game is out. Autojoin userscript in OP.

• Options
    LittleBootsLittleBoots Registered User regular
    Sceptre wrote:
    Sceptre wrote:
    jdarksun wrote:
    We can't, I keep getting ERR_LOGIN_DISPLAY_TOS.

I keep getting this as well.

In fact, I can't join any servers at all. Anyone else getting this?

Did you buy the multiplayer pass?

Tofu wrote: Here be Littleboots, destroyer of threads and master of drunkposting.
  • Options
    LeoniusLeonius Registered User regular
    Korea got banned oh noes! *banzored*

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RobesRobes Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    So I chatted with a CSR about this Error mentioned in thread:
    you: Hello
    Abhimanyu: Hello there.
    you: Game told me to report this error! Something strange happened, please report this issue: ERR_LOGIN_DISPLAYTOS
    Abhimanyu:
    Abhimanyu:
    you: umm if you typed something i can't read it
    Abhimanyu: I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may caused to you.
    Abhimanyu: I would suggest you please try to uninstall this game and reinstall it again.
    you: That sounds a bit extreme. but i suppose I could try that
    Abhimanyu: Yes, please try it and let us know
    I am Origins Guinea Pig!
    I right clicked the game and clicked "repair install" and it's downloading a 48mb update after checking out all the files.

Robes on
    "Wait" he says... do I look like a waiter?
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Origin Gamertag is Cyberdakka.

Also, playing Offline isn't working for me. It still checks the street date.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    do we have to use this gravatar thingie to change our pic in our profile for battlelog?

Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    Be advised: A gt560ti runs this game on ultra super smooth.

(with an i5-2500k and 16gigs of ram)

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Update installing

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    So why does clicking on a server in the filtered list not do anything. Am I missing something here?

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    ED! wrote:
    So why does clicking on a server in the filtered list not do anything. Am I missing something here?

When you click on a server the part on the right with the server information doesn't change?

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Sarksus wrote:
    ED! wrote:

When you click on a server the part on the right with the server information doesn't change?

It does not. Servers aren't full. There is no "Join Server" option, as there was in Beta. Quickmatch works - but I don't want Quickmatch.

EDIT: Now it wants to work. Hooboy. Not sure why this was better than a damn ingame-drm-lite-server-browser.

EDIT2: Stymied. Getting the DISPLAYTOS error; which I'm guessing has something to do with them being unable to show me the "Terms of Service" for being a nice player online.

ED! on
  • Options
    Kaboodles_The_AssassinKaboodles_The_Assassin Kill the meat. Save the metal.Registered User regular
    Applied for 102nd as KaebOdellas.

sXXjb1B.png
  • Options
    ED! wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:
    ED! wrote:

It does not. Servers aren't full. There is no "Join Server" option, as there was in Beta. Quickmatch works - but I don't want Quickmatch.

EDIT: Now it wants to work. Hooboy. Not sure why this was better than a damn ingame-drm-lite-server-browser.

Well keep in mind that these issues are not widespread. For the most part the browser is working extremely well. It's working many times better than the BC2 browser did at launch.

• Options
    ZeonZeon Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote:
    Perfect time to update your posts with your Battlelog username so we can accept you in the 101st and 102nd. (101st currently full). Theres quite a few people who've applied for the 102nd, and if i've missed your post stating your battlelog name I apologize but i've been in a bit of a rush shooting mans. Post here with your battlelog name and i'll approve your characters immediately.

Capn JL Picard.

btworbanner.jpg
    Check out my band, click the banner.
  • Options
    HeadlessChickens.IncHeadlessChickens.Inc Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Robes wrote:
    I am Origins Guinea Pig!
    I right clicked the game and clicked "repair install" and it's downloading a 48mb update after checking out all the files.

*Edit: Nevermind, they've put a post at the top of Battlelog indicating that they know about it and are fixing it.

HeadlessChickens.Inc on
  • Options
    twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    Applied for the 102nd - twmjr. Won't have a chance to play until tomorrow after work but can't wait. :D

• Options
    technicaltechnical Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    wakkawa wrote:

at 1080p and constant 60fps?

I have a pair of 560 ti SLI and while really nice on ultra isn't consistently at 60 fps at 1920x1080

I also have a 2500k but with 8 gb but that shouldn't matter much.

technical on
    3DS FC: 3050-8986-0512

PSN: technical_ta
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    angrydome kept crashing so Syphon and I just ran through the first 3 coop missions
    holy. fuck.

really good.

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    SonorkSonork CanadaRegistered User regular
    So doing that repair thing to your game. Makes it not work anymore.. Goddamnit time to download it agian for a 3rd time.

• Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    Singleplayer has been fun so far. Bots on MP maps would have been best overal, but DICE seems to think that's a waste of time lately.

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    The Battlelog still hasn't updated my profile with my Gravatar, so maybe I'm doing something wrong. I just can't figure out what. Everything looks correct!

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote:
    angrydome kept crashing so Syphon and I just ran through the first 3 coop missions
    holy. fuck.

really good.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Robes wrote:
    I am Origins Guinea Pig!

*Edit: Nevermind, they've put a post at the top of Battlelog indicating that they know about it and are fixing it.
    Well. The CSR eventually talked me into uninstalling then reinstalling the game. He didn't say re-installing required re-downloading the game. So, now I am downloading BF3 again! He has asked me 3 times if I am done yet.

• Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    technical wrote:
    wakkawa wrote:

I have a pair of 560 ti SLI and while really nice on ultra isn't consistently at 60 fps at 1920x1080

Yeah, I was gonna say that even on High my single 560Ti wasn't maintaining 60fps at 1080p. I can knock a couple settings down, though, and keep it there pretty smoothly.

Surprised that dual 560s can't handle it on ultra, though. I'd think that'd be pretty beastly.

• Options
    Dashui wrote:
    The Battlelog still hasn't updated my profile with my Gravatar, so maybe I'm doing something wrong. I just can't figure out what. Everything looks correct!

Give it time. Took like five minutes for mine to update.

• Options
    SonorkSonork CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    If you did the repair thing and your game is fucked up trying to install over and over this is what i did and it now launches normally to the "date checking thing".

-> Origin went and added some stupid string of letters to the BF3.exe name and fucked it up. deleting the extra shit cleared it up from just attempting to install over and over.

Sonork on
  • Options
    Kaboodles_The_AssassinKaboodles_The_Assassin Kill the meat. Save the metal.Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    GRAAAAAA

DO NOT REPAIR YOUR BF3 INSTALL THROUGH ORIGIN

edit: Okay, Sonork's thing did the trick. Now I just have to redo the korean proxy thing.

Kaboodles_The_Assassin on
    sXXjb1B.png
  • Options
    Sonork wrote:
    So doing that repair thing to your game. Makes it not work anymore.. Goddamnit time to download it agian for a 3rd time.

I did that, too, and now all it shows in Origin is a "Ready to Install" button. I click it, it grays out and says "Installing," and then goes back to "Ready to Install."

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    How do I SP before midnight? I'd like to fine tune my settings and see how bad the SP is!

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    mcdermott wrote:
    Dashui wrote:

It's been more like five hours, man.

• Options
    Success! I suckered you all into listening to retarded advice given to me by an Origin Customer Service Rep

• Options
    I am amused that they are already having to put out fires, notifying all us "Koreans" that they are aware of current issues before the game is supposed to be out.

• Options
    Dashui wrote:
    mcdermott wrote:
    Dashui wrote:

Okay, then that's probably not the issue. ;)

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Join the Angry Dome, people!

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote:
    Join the Angry Dome, people!

Can't. Still getting the login TOS error.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    Managed to fix "repair" thing. Now I only get the DISPLAYTOS error. Back to square one.

sXXjb1B.png
  • Options
    Top of Battlelog says they're aware of the login thing and they are fixing it.

• Options
    JPJeezusJPJeezus Registered User regular
    Applying to join the 102nd - JPJeezus

Twitch Steam: twitch.tv/jpjeezus
    Battlenet: JPJeezus #1804
  • Options
    BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    Dashui wrote:
    mcdermott wrote:
    Dashui wrote:

I had to add my email to gravatar... even after it was in there to begin with. Also, even though it seemed to have the picture i used set at default, i still needed to click it and confirm it. Then a force refresh (ctrl+f5) of my browser and it immediately popped up on the battlelog.

Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    technicaltechnical Registered User regular
    mcdermott wrote:
    technical wrote:
    wakkawa wrote:

Yeah, I was gonna say that even on High my single 560Ti wasn't maintaining 60fps at 1080p. I can knock a couple settings down, though, and keep it there pretty smoothly.

Surprised that dual 560s can't handle it on ultra, though. I'd think that'd be pretty beastly.

It can handle it. And run it well enough(ranging from 50-60fps) but I would rather have consistent 60fps on high while playing multiplayer.

3DS FC: 3050-8986-0512

PSN: technical_ta
  • Options
    mcdermott wrote:
    Dashui wrote:
    mcdermott wrote:
    Dashui wrote:

Okay, then that's probably not the issue. ;)

Updated for me in like 10 minutes; restarted computer, image was there.