Options

Battlefield 3: Game is out. Autojoin userscript in OP.

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    BigDes wrote:
    Yeah my skill is at -41 and I'm easily the worst person on the server

I've got -195.

Sometimes, sometimes I don't even have a score at all.

Like when I try using the Stinger.

I'll bet that A-10 was very annoyed by the constant beeping but I sure didn't hit it.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    ofthefountainofthefountain Registered User regular
    Badwrong wrote:
    Had this happen a few times when trying to C4 a tank.

Honestly, I'm starting to think its better to just detonate it and suicide. I've had way to many moments when my own teams rockets detonate the C4 I just placed. I think thats the bad luck thing... I'm not sure.

I tend to just suicide when I finally planted C4's on a tank. Especially if that tank is right on top of an objective and my teammates are around. I figured my life for a tank is more than a fair trade, especially when a good player in a tank can easy tip the balance of the game.

Now occasionally I do like to lay down C4's as traps and just find a nook to hide in and wait for a vehicle to come by. It's fun to see a humvee come barreling down a path and then burst into an explosion as I get showered in points for vehicle destruction and enemies killed.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Turambar wrote:
    I like her "stats" as well :winky:
    At the very least, I'd like people to pretend they're not creepers in this thread.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    kildy wrote:
    Well that was fun. Apparently people still haven't learned to look for radios, and my spawn beacon stayed up for an entire round of Caspian just behind the gas station. Sadly, I got pinned down nowhere near it towards the end. :( That and the server got hilariously laggy (empty clip into dude, get no hit markers, dude turns and opens fire on me, drops dead and I get a kill)
    That was a great round. Made better by clearing the point you had it at, loading the 3 of us up in the leftover jeep, moving all of 5 feet and exploding. :)

War Tapes is good for this, really makes the beeps stand out.

• Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    Creeping on Facebook is the same as creeping on Battlelog.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    AngrySquirrelAngrySquirrel Registered User regular
    kildy wrote:
    Well that was fun. Apparently people still haven't learned to look for radios, and my spawn beacon stayed up for an entire round of Caspian just behind the gas station. Sadly, I got pinned down nowhere near it towards the end. :( That and the server got hilariously laggy (empty clip into dude, get no hit markers, dude turns and opens fire on me, drops dead and I get a kill)
    That was a great round. Made better by clearing the point you had it at, loading the 3 of us up in the leftover jeep, moving all of 5 feet and exploding. :)

War Tapes is good for this, really makes the beeps stand out.
    Was actually a few AT Mines left over that we didn't notice. We all had a good laugh about it.

Live/PSN: IronSquirrel ,, Steam: angrysquirrel
    Battle.net: IronSquirrel#1462
  • Options
    ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
    Robes wrote:
    AhiMahi wrote:
    It looks like Dice check to see if you are cute/semi-cute girl for skill points. This girl tops leader board for PC player at 1123: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/jenn_doolan/

1,000 kills in 2 hours? No. That averages to 8 kills a minute. That is just not possible.

Also her win/lose ratio is 5.0. Me thinks she may have had some help with those scores.

• Options
    mr_michmr_mich Mmmmagic. MDRegistered User regular
    I read somewhere that skill is determined by the skill level of the people you kill/are killed by. So killing someone with a 250 skill level will raise your skill faster than killing someone with -250. Likewise, getting killed by someone with a negative skill level will probably drop you like a stone, moreso than getting killed by a master.

Makes sense, and mathematically explains why there's no real "scale" defined for skill. As the player-base grows, the range would have to.

• Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    Robes wrote:
    AhiMahi wrote:
    It looks like Dice check to see if you are cute/semi-cute girl for skill points. This girl tops leader board for PC player at 1123: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/jenn_doolan/

1,000 kills in 2 hours? No. That averages to 8 kills a minute. That is just not possible.

Yeah this stat padding crap seems to be getting fairly common on this game. No idea how they are doing it. Or more importantly: why. I mean that kind of takes away part of the fun of the game and gaining those achievements and unlocks the proper way.

PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Robes wrote:
    AhiMahi wrote:

Yeah this stat padding crap seems to be getting fairly common on this game. No idea how they are doing it. Or more importantly: why. I mean that kind of takes away part of the fun of the game and gaining those achievements and unlocks the proper way.

Aside from Ausfaller, CarbonFire, and ThatGuy, AngryWeasel, or Mojo anytime I see generous statistics I just assume that the person is a booster or giant tool. Just a good rule of thumb.

DietarySupplement on
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    I just joined the chamber of understanding, trying to start it up

Come help me start it up bros

t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Right, like I understand wanting a high k/d ppm and w/l. But...I dont understand cheating to get them. Because then whats the point? I mean, unless you are bragging to people about your score in order to make friends, I just dont get it. Chances are you are the only one who will know your k/d etc. But you will also know you cheated to obtain it.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Zzulu wrote:
    I just joined the chamber of understanding, trying to start it up

Come help me start it up bros

Class D:

I get to play in 6 hours.

Jephery on
    }
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • Options
    ZeonZeon Registered User regular
    BigDes wrote:
    Zeon wrote:
    Is there a key to bring up the chat window, so I can see what other people actually said? I never have time to read the chat, it goes by too fast.

Your chat window disappears?

Yours doesnt? Seriously? Mine is up on my screen for like 3 seconds whenever someone says something, then goes away.

btworbanner.jpg
    Check out my band, click the banner.
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Stat padding in a battlefield game?

How surprising

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    EvangirEvangir Registered User regular
    Anyone want to do a bit of co-op today? I haven't touched any of those missions yet.

PSN/XBL/STEAM: Evangir - Starcraft 2: Bulwark.955 - Origin: Bulwark955 - Diablo 3: Bulwark#1478
  • Options
    angrylinuxgeekangrylinuxgeek Registered User regular
    other people stat padding doesn't affect me so it doesn't bother me. 8-)

sQwJu.png
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Stat padding in a [] game?

How surprising

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    kildykildy Registered User regular
    kildy wrote:

I am no longer allowed to drive the jeep. :(

I will stick to what I'm half decent at: shotgun wookie, and using a SOFLAM to spot infantry and annoy tank drivers to no end.

Do those things have like 5,000 health? I've had tanks unload munitions into where I had one and it just kinda chills out and keeps spotting. Sorely tempted to deploy one in Metro's tunnels just to manually blind everyone attacking.

• Options
    SlimceaSlimcea Registered User regular
    After playing some more, I still think that the suppressor should be one of the first few unlocks per gun. It seriously changes the nature of gameplay, especially on open maps where flanking is possible. Makes going rambo actually possible, because otherwise, shooting just paints a giant HEY WASSUP GUYS PLZ SHOOT ME HERE sign on your head.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    other people stat padding doesn't affect me so it doesn't bother me. 8-)

But but but....the integrity of the leaderboards is at stake!!!1
    Screw global leaderboards. It's fun to compare it to friends, but the only metric global leaderboards track is "how much time you have to waste playing battlefield"

In other news, man 64 player servers are some chaotic fun. Really wish the hosts for the Dome and Chamber would get their crap in order so we could also enjoy that 64-player goodness. It would certainly help smooth out that whole "team balance" issue we seem to be constantly running against.

Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    You know, I was having trouble understanding the Battlefield game play ethos, but as I parachuted down on my own beacon and blew someone sky high with a rocket, it came to me.

It's all about proactively leveraging your core competencies to better interface with a dynamic market that responds reactively to the efforts of local entrepreneurs! By synergistically applying a can-do attitude and go-getter enthusiasm I can take advantage of the opportunities afforded by foreign investors and practice my skill set where it counts.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    Apostate wrote:
    Also her win/lose ratio is 5.0. Me thinks she may have had some help with those scores.

Well that profile shows 12 games played. So thats obviously it was a setup to pad stats.

Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    EvangirEvangir Registered User regular
    Anyone for some co-op?

PSN/XBL/STEAM: Evangir - Starcraft 2: Bulwark.955 - Origin: Bulwark955 - Diablo 3: Bulwark#1478
  • Options
    DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    MyIS just published the R6 update across all their servers. I haven't slept yet, still workin, so I can't really check it out, but I think it's just the R6 beta made official. Doubt it addresses any performance problems yet.

and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    I like how you guys actually think THAT IS A REAL GIRL and not just some guy using her pic/a female name.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    Be advised, new thread incoming.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    GentlemanGiantGentlemanGiant Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    CarbonFire wrote:
    In other news, man 64 player servers are some chaotic fun. Really wish the hosts for the Dome and Chamber would get their crap in order so we could also enjoy that 64-player goodness. It would certainly help smooth out that whole "team balance" issue we seem to be constantly running against.

We had some 64 player action on the Dome last night and it was balanced for maybe a game, then the pubstomping began.

Actually I think the most fun I had was that first game on Bazaar where there were only about 20 something people by the end of the match.

GentlemanGiant on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CarbonFire wrote:

We had some 64 player action on the Dome last night and it was balanced for maybe a game, then the pubstomping began.

Actually I think the most fun I had was that first game on Bazaar where there were only about 20 something people by the end of the match.

There were some awesome cat and meese funtimes at the start, yeah!

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    lu tzelu tze Sweeping the monestary steps.Registered User regular
    Basil wrote:
    It's all about proactively leveraging your core competencies to better interface with a dynamic market that responds reactively to the efforts of local entrepreneurs! By synergistically applying a can-do attitude and go-getter enthusiasm I can take advantage of the opportunities afforded by foreign investors and practice my skill set where it counts.
    Individually, I know what all of these words mean... but when my brain tries to parse the paragraph as a whole, I get nothing.

Well, nothing except an unremitting hatred for the human race.

World's best janitor
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    lu tze wrote:
    Basil wrote:
    Individually, I know what all of these words mean... but when my brain tries to parse the paragraph as a whole, I get nothing.

Well, nothing except an unremitting hatred for the human race.
    Sounds like someone needs to shift their paradigms ;-)

Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    New thread is in the A-O?

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    Klyka wrote:
    I like how you guys actually think THAT IS A REAL GIRL and not just some guy using her pic/a female name.

Are you saying the thing in that picture has a penis?
    I am so aroused and confused.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote:
    Klyka wrote:

Are you saying the thing in that picture has a penis?
    I am so aroused and confused.

I don't see the confusion. That's either an ugly girl or a guy pretending to be a girl.

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Robes wrote:
    AhiMahi wrote:

Aside from Ausfaller, CarbonFire, and ThatGuy, AngryWeasel, or Mojo anytime I see generous statistics I just assume that the person is a booster or giant tool. Just a good rule of thumb.

oi

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    Robes wrote:
    AhiMahi wrote:

oi

It is how he said it!

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Klyka wrote:
    Robes wrote:
    AhiMahi wrote:

oi

It is how he said it!

He's calling us out. :rotate:

Come at me bro

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    You can shoot mans or chase numbers! BF3 has games inside of games!

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote:
    You can shoot mans or chase numbers! BF3 has games inside of games!

Filling bars!
    807503965_rBNbP-L.jpg