Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Time for gays in the military?

12346

Posts

  • Victor15bVictor15b Registered User
    edited March 2008
    Victor15b wrote: »
    Nova_C wrote: »
    What's the difference? If you're going to single out gays an unsuitable roommates, you can't beg off with a simple "I'm uncomfortable." WHY are you uncomfortable with one guy and not the other when the only difference is their sexual orientation?

    Because of thier sexual orientation.

    Do I have gay friends? Yes.
    Do I hang out with my gay friends? Yes.
    Do I trust my gay friends? Yes.
    Do I even get drunk with my gay friends and even get trashed with my gay friends and crash on my gay friends couch because Im too wasted to drive home? Yes

    Am I comforatble sharing a bedroom the size of a storage closet with a homosexual stranger for one year in a third world country? Hell no.

    "Because they're gay." is not a reason either. That's like saying "I don't like you because you're you"....

    Your uncomfortableness with a person's sexual orientation is NOT a valid reason for not letting someone serve their country. Honestly, you need to back up your statements instead of just being an idiot. Also, you're making some bullshit assumption that this homosexual stranger is going to rape you up the ass, because you keep referring to a woman being forced to room with a man (where implied sexual actions would occur, or have a higher chance of doing so)... which is completely false. A gay man can keep it in his pants the same as a straight man, and don't even try to argue that with me.


    1. Do not call me an idiot for my beliefs.

    2. I support the idea of allowing gays in the military. I think anyone who wants to serve thier country should be allowed to do so.

    3. MY ONLY CONCERN is that the government will not take my interests into consideration when they implement this policy.

    4. You sir, are the one making a bullshit assumption. You are assuming that I think a gay man is going to rape me up the ass. All I said was that the idea of living with a gay stranger makes me uncomfortable.

    5. QUOTE= "gay man can keep it in his pants the same as a straight man, and don't even try to argue that with me"

    What percentage of child molestation cases involved a grown adult male sexually assaulting a young boy?

    Victor15b on
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Tarranon wrote: »
    I like how you just ignored my post as to why living with a female soldier isn't analogous to living with a homersexual. But then again, reality does have a very evident liberal bias.

    Not to mention that gender separation is pretty normal. This is only analogous if women are allowed to refuse lesbian roommates. So Victor's really just barking up the wrong tree (IE, hiding homophobia under an illusion of oppression).

    EDIT: Victor, you still haven't said why a gay roommate makes you uncomfortable. (PS, 'It just does' doesn't count).

    Nova_C on
  • Zephyr_FateZephyr_Fate Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Victor15b wrote: »
    Victor15b wrote: »
    Nova_C wrote: »
    What's the difference? If you're going to single out gays an unsuitable roommates, you can't beg off with a simple "I'm uncomfortable." WHY are you uncomfortable with one guy and not the other when the only difference is their sexual orientation?

    Because of thier sexual orientation.

    Do I have gay friends? Yes.
    Do I hang out with my gay friends? Yes.
    Do I trust my gay friends? Yes.
    Do I even get drunk with my gay friends and even get trashed with my gay friends and crash on my gay friends couch because Im too wasted to drive home? Yes

    Am I comforatble sharing a bedroom the size of a storage closet with a homosexual stranger for one year in a third world country? Hell no.

    "Because they're gay." is not a reason either. That's like saying "I don't like you because you're you"....

    Your uncomfortableness with a person's sexual orientation is NOT a valid reason for not letting someone serve their country. Honestly, you need to back up your statements instead of just being an idiot. Also, you're making some bullshit assumption that this homosexual stranger is going to rape you up the ass, because you keep referring to a woman being forced to room with a man (where implied sexual actions would occur, or have a higher chance of doing so)... which is completely false. A gay man can keep it in his pants the same as a straight man, and don't even try to argue that with me.


    1. Do not call me an idiot for my beliefs.

    2. I support the idea of allowing gays in the military. I think anyone who wants to serve thier country should be allowed to do so.

    3. MY ONLY CONCERN is that the government will not take my interests into consideration when they implement this policy.

    4. You sir, are the one making a bullshit assumption. You are assuming that I think a gay man is going to rape me up the ass. All I said was that the idea of living with a gay stranger makes me uncomfortable.

    5. QUOTE= "gay man can keep it in his pants the same as a straight man, and don't even try to argue that with me" What percentage of child molestation cases involved a grown adult male sexually assaulting a young boy?

    The government does not have to and will not ever prevent you from rooming with a homosexual just because you're uncomfortable with that sexual orientation. That is NOT a valid reason and never will be. Much for the same reason you can't say, "I don't want to room with this guy because he's black."

    I will call you an idiot because honestly, as a gay guy myself, I'm offended. Nice segue into child molestation, which has no bearing in this conversation whatsoever. Men, in general, can keep it in their pants, gay or straight, when their lives are on the line (i.e. in times of war).

    Edit: The reason we're all making the assumption that you are worried the gay roommate will assfuck you is because you keep referring to the situation being the exact same as that of women and men rooming together. It is *not* the same.

    Zephyr_Fate on
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Victor15b wrote: »
    3. MY ONLY CONCERN is that the government will not take my interests into consideration when they implement this policy.

    What interests are those?
    What percentage of child molestation cases involved a grown adult male sexually assaulting a young boy?

    Actually pederasts and pedophiles are more focused on getting any kid and don't really care what parts they have down there. Plus, even if they sexually assault a boy they still tend to consider themselves to be straight.

    Yay, dateline's horrors.

    moniker on
  • Victor15bVictor15b Registered User
    edited March 2008
    Victor15b wrote: »
    Victor15b wrote: »
    Nova_C wrote: »
    What's the difference? If you're going to single out gays an unsuitable roommates, you can't beg off with a simple "I'm uncomfortable." WHY are you uncomfortable with one guy and not the other when the only difference is their sexual orientation?

    Because of thier sexual orientation.

    Do I have gay friends? Yes.
    Do I hang out with my gay friends? Yes.
    Do I trust my gay friends? Yes.
    Do I even get drunk with my gay friends and even get trashed with my gay friends and crash on my gay friends couch because Im too wasted to drive home? Yes

    Am I comforatble sharing a bedroom the size of a storage closet with a homosexual stranger for one year in a third world country? Hell no.

    "Because they're gay." is not a reason either. That's like saying "I don't like you because you're you"....

    Your uncomfortableness with a person's sexual orientation is NOT a valid reason for not letting someone serve their country. Honestly, you need to back up your statements instead of just being an idiot. Also, you're making some bullshit assumption that this homosexual stranger is going to rape you up the ass, because you keep referring to a woman being forced to room with a man (where implied sexual actions would occur, or have a higher chance of doing so)... which is completely false. A gay man can keep it in his pants the same as a straight man, and don't even try to argue that with me.


    1. Do not call me an idiot for my beliefs.

    2. I support the idea of allowing gays in the military. I think anyone who wants to serve thier country should be allowed to do so.

    3. MY ONLY CONCERN is that the government will not take my interests into consideration when they implement this policy.

    4. You sir, are the one making a bullshit assumption. You are assuming that I think a gay man is going to rape me up the ass. All I said was that the idea of living with a gay stranger makes me uncomfortable.

    5. QUOTE= "gay man can keep it in his pants the same as a straight man, and don't even try to argue that with me" What percentage of child molestation cases involved a grown adult male sexually assaulting a young boy?

    The government does not have to and will not ever prevent you from rooming with a homosexual just because you're uncomfortable with that sexual orientation. That is NOT a valid reason and never will be. Much for the same reason you can't say, "I don't want to room with this guy because he's black."

    I will call you an idiot because honestly, as a gay guy myself, I'm offended. Nice segue into child molestation, which has no bearing in this conversation whatsoever. Men, in general, can keep it in their pants, gay or straight, when their lives are on the line (i.e. in times of war).

    Edit: The reason we're all making the assumption that you are worried the gay roommate will assfuck you is because you keep referring to the situation being the exact same as that of women and men rooming together. It is *not* the same.


    How is it not the same?
    And do not call me an idiot again. I did not directly attack you, pay me the same respect.

    Victor15b on
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Victor15b wrote: »
    How is it not the same?
    And do not call me an idiot again.

    Why is that women and men are separated when bunking then?

    Nova_C on
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Victor15b wrote: »
    1. Do not call me an idiot for my beliefs.

    Then don't have idiotic beliefs.
    3. MY ONLY CONCERN is that the government will not take my interests into consideration when they implement this policy.

    "I'm uncomfortable and won't say why" isn't a an excuse.
    All I said was that the idea of living with a gay stranger makes me uncomfortable

    Why?
    What percentage of child molestation cases involved a grown adult male sexually assaulting a young boy?

    How does that relate?

    MikeMan on
    HOW DO YOU FUCK UP BAGELS. YOU BOIL THE WATER. PUT IN THE NOODLES
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Victor15b wrote: »
    Edit: The reason we're all making the assumption that you are worried the gay roommate will assfuck you is because you keep referring to the situation being the exact same as that of women and men rooming together. It is *not* the same.

    How is it not the same?
    Tarranon wrote: »
    Because female sexual molestation in the army is as high as 33% by some accounts and I'm not particularly aware of virile homosexuals putting extra special slippery gel on the soap for when they get in the shower next to you...?

    moniker on
  • TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Victor15b wrote: »

    4. You sir, are the one making a bullshit assumption. You are assuming that I think a gay man is going to rape me up the ass. All I said was that the idea of living with a gay stranger makes me uncomfortable.

    Then you've failed to grasp why a woman not wanting to bunk with a man has merit since you keep bringing the scenario up, and your entire argument falters as a result.

    You need to understand this:

    Women are molested to an ungodly degree in the army, and they have a right as a result to seek living segregation, although it absolutely fucking kills me that such a thing should be necessary in this first place, but that's for another thread.

    So, Woman+Man = JESUS CHRIST SHE STANDS A 1/3 CHANCE OF BEING HARASSED

    You+Homosexual Roommate = Some of my best friends are gay, but I'm just really uncomfortable about the whole affair.

    Please tell me that you can see that there is a difference between the two cases.

    Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • wazillawazilla Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Victor15b wrote: »
    Victor15b wrote: »
    Victor15b wrote: »
    Nova_C wrote: »
    What's the difference? If you're going to single out gays an unsuitable roommates, you can't beg off with a simple "I'm uncomfortable." WHY are you uncomfortable with one guy and not the other when the only difference is their sexual orientation?

    Because of thier sexual orientation.

    Do I have gay friends? Yes.
    Do I hang out with my gay friends? Yes.
    Do I trust my gay friends? Yes.
    Do I even get drunk with my gay friends and even get trashed with my gay friends and crash on my gay friends couch because Im too wasted to drive home? Yes

    Am I comforatble sharing a bedroom the size of a storage closet with a homosexual stranger for one year in a third world country? Hell no.

    "Because they're gay." is not a reason either. That's like saying "I don't like you because you're you"....

    Your uncomfortableness with a person's sexual orientation is NOT a valid reason for not letting someone serve their country. Honestly, you need to back up your statements instead of just being an idiot. Also, you're making some bullshit assumption that this homosexual stranger is going to rape you up the ass, because you keep referring to a woman being forced to room with a man (where implied sexual actions would occur, or have a higher chance of doing so)... which is completely false. A gay man can keep it in his pants the same as a straight man, and don't even try to argue that with me.


    1. Do not call me an idiot for my beliefs.

    2. I support the idea of allowing gays in the military. I think anyone who wants to serve thier country should be allowed to do so.

    3. MY ONLY CONCERN is that the government will not take my interests into consideration when they implement this policy.

    4. You sir, are the one making a bullshit assumption. You are assuming that I think a gay man is going to rape me up the ass. All I said was that the idea of living with a gay stranger makes me uncomfortable.

    5. QUOTE= "gay man can keep it in his pants the same as a straight man, and don't even try to argue that with me" What percentage of child molestation cases involved a grown adult male sexually assaulting a young boy?

    The government does not have to and will not ever prevent you from rooming with a homosexual just because you're uncomfortable with that sexual orientation. That is NOT a valid reason and never will be. Much for the same reason you can't say, "I don't want to room with this guy because he's black."

    I will call you an idiot because honestly, as a gay guy myself, I'm offended. Nice segue into child molestation, which has no bearing in this conversation whatsoever. Men, in general, can keep it in their pants, gay or straight, when their lives are on the line (i.e. in times of war).

    Edit: The reason we're all making the assumption that you are worried the gay roommate will assfuck you is because you keep referring to the situation being the exact same as that of women and men rooming together. It is *not* the same.


    How is it not the same?
    And do not call me an idiot again. I did not directly attack you, pay me the same respect.

    Maybe because in the case of a straight man and a gay man the attraction could only possibly go in one direction whereas between a man and a woman the potential for attraction runs both ways?

    Edit: This is just one of the obvious differences apparent to anybody with critical thinking skills... Just answering his question, nothing more.

    wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    You know what I'm uncomfortable with? Guns. And running. So, I need the military to not make me run, or use guns.

    Thanatos on
  • Victor15bVictor15b Registered User
    edited March 2008
    Tarranon wrote: »

    I like how you just ignored my post as to why living with a female soldier isn't analogous to living with a homersexual. But then again, reality does have a very evident liberal bias.

    Im not ignoring your post, its just like 6 vs 1 here and Im having a hard time keeping up.



    Before I deployed to Iraq, I attended a mandatory rape prevention class which cited the same statistic you posted. They ALSO cited a very considerable percentage of rape cases where a male was the victim. The numbers escape me at the moment, but it most definately was shicking enough to make me cover my ass (pun).



    AGAIN!!!

    For the record, I am not against gays in the military. As long as it is understood that I am not comfortable with a gay roommate. Believe me when I say I have my reasons.

    Victor15b on
  • CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Victor15b wrote: »
    3. MY ONLY CONCERN is that the government will not take my interests into consideration when they implement this policy.

    When they integrated blacks into the military it made a lot of people uncomfortable. Should we allow people to choose the skin color of their roommates as well? What if I don't like jews? Should I be able to choose my roommates based on religion?

    Or should the military tell me to fucking suck it up, you're a goddamn soldier act like one.

    Cabezone on
  • Zephyr_FateZephyr_Fate Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Victor15b wrote: »
    Tarranon wrote: »

    I like how you just ignored my post as to why living with a female soldier isn't analogous to living with a homersexual. But then again, reality does have a very evident liberal bias.

    Im not ignoring your post, its just like 6 vs 1 here and Im having a hard time keeping up.



    Before I deployed to Iraq, I attended a mandatory rape prevention class which cited the same statistic you posted. They ALSO cited a very considerable percentage of rape cases where a male was the victim. The numbers escape me at the moment, but it most definately was shicking enough to make me cover my ass (pun).



    AGAIN!!!

    For the record, I am not against gays in the military. As long as it is understood that I am not comfortable with a gay roommate. Believe me when I say I have my reasons.
    We will continue to think of you as an idiot until you explain these reasons. You being "uncomfortable" and no other explanation does not make your argument any better at all.

    We can't understand it because it doesn't make sense. Rape cases where the male was the victim? I'd say that's due more to overly horny straight males who need to get some, and have no other option but another man. Shocking, eh? Better not room with any guy, gay or straight!

    Zephyr_Fate on
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Victor15b wrote: »
    Before I deployed to Iraq, I attended a mandatory rape prevention class which cited the same statistic you posted. They ALSO cited a very considerable percentage of rape cases where a male was the victim. The numbers escape me at the moment, but it most definately was shicking enough to make me cover my ass (pun).

    How many of the offenders were homosexuals?
    For the record, I am not against gays in the military. As long as it is understood that I am not comfortable with a gay roommate. Believe me when I say I have my reasons.

    I would if you'd actually state them.

    moniker on
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Victor15b wrote: »
    For the record, I am not against gays in the military. As long as it is understood that I am not comfortable with a gay roommate. Believe me when I say I have my reasons.

    Oh, forgive me. I had forgotten that "I'm a narrow-minded bigot who doesn't understand what being gay actually means" was a valid reason.

    Carry on.

    MikeMan on
    HOW DO YOU FUCK UP BAGELS. YOU BOIL THE WATER. PUT IN THE NOODLES
  • reVersereVerse Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Victor15b wrote: »
    For the record, I am not against gays in the military. As long as it is understood that I am not comfortable with a gay roommate. Believe me when I say I have my reasons.

    You have been asked again and again: what are those reasons?

    reVerse on
  • Victor15bVictor15b Registered User
    edited March 2008
    Tarranon wrote: »
    Victor15b wrote: »

    4. You sir, are the one making a bullshit assumption. You are assuming that I think a gay man is going to rape me up the ass. All I said was that the idea of living with a gay stranger makes me uncomfortable.

    Then you've failed to grasp why a woman not wanting to bunk with a man has merit since you keep bringing the scenario up, and your entire argument falters as a result.

    You need to understand this:

    Women are molested to an ungodly degree in the army, and they have a right as a result to seek living segregation, although it absolutely fucking kills me that such a thing should be necessary in this first place, but that's for another thread.

    So, Woman+Man = JESUS CHRIST SHE STANDS A 1/3 CHANCE OF BEING HARASSED

    You+Homosexual Roommate = Some of my best friends are gay, but I'm just really uncomfortable about the whole affair.

    Please tell me that you can see that there is a difference between the two cases.


    So how high would the male/male rape percentage have to be before I am justified in saying I am uncomfortable?

    Victor15b on
  • Zephyr_FateZephyr_Fate Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Victor15b wrote: »
    Tarranon wrote: »
    Victor15b wrote: »

    4. You sir, are the one making a bullshit assumption. You are assuming that I think a gay man is going to rape me up the ass. All I said was that the idea of living with a gay stranger makes me uncomfortable.

    Then you've failed to grasp why a woman not wanting to bunk with a man has merit since you keep bringing the scenario up, and your entire argument falters as a result.

    You need to understand this:

    Women are molested to an ungodly degree in the army, and they have a right as a result to seek living segregation, although it absolutely fucking kills me that such a thing should be necessary in this first place, but that's for another thread.

    So, Woman+Man = JESUS CHRIST SHE STANDS A 1/3 CHANCE OF BEING HARASSED

    You+Homosexual Roommate = Some of my best friends are gay, but I'm just really uncomfortable about the whole affair.

    Please tell me that you can see that there is a difference between the two cases.


    So how high would the male/male rape percentage have to be before I am justified in saying I am uncomfortable?

    As high or higher than the male/female rape percentage.

    Zephyr_Fate on
  • Victor15bVictor15b Registered User
    edited March 2008
    Cabezone wrote: »
    Or should the military tell me to fucking suck it up, you're a goddamn soldier act like one.


    Would you say this to female soldier being forced to live with a male roommate?

    If you did you would be on the recieving end of a harrasment case.

    Victor15b on
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Victor15b wrote: »
    Tarranon wrote: »
    Victor15b wrote: »

    4. You sir, are the one making a bullshit assumption. You are assuming that I think a gay man is going to rape me up the ass. All I said was that the idea of living with a gay stranger makes me uncomfortable.

    Then you've failed to grasp why a woman not wanting to bunk with a man has merit since you keep bringing the scenario up, and your entire argument falters as a result.

    You need to understand this:

    Women are molested to an ungodly degree in the army, and they have a right as a result to seek living segregation, although it absolutely fucking kills me that such a thing should be necessary in this first place, but that's for another thread.

    So, Woman+Man = JESUS CHRIST SHE STANDS A 1/3 CHANCE OF BEING HARASSED

    You+Homosexual Roommate = Some of my best friends are gay, but I'm just really uncomfortable about the whole affair.

    Please tell me that you can see that there is a difference between the two cases.


    So how high would the male/male rape percentage have to be before I am justified in saying I am uncomfortable?

    You would have to have numbers showing statistically significant percentage of homosexual roommates raping their straight roomate.

    MikeMan on
    HOW DO YOU FUCK UP BAGELS. YOU BOIL THE WATER. PUT IN THE NOODLES
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Victor15b wrote: »
    Cabezone wrote: »
    Or should the military tell me to fucking suck it up, you're a goddamn soldier act like one.


    Would you say this to female soldier being forced to live with a male roommate?

    If you did you would be on the recieving end of a harrasment case.

    Okay, I'm giving it up. He's obviously a troll.

    MikeMan on
    HOW DO YOU FUCK UP BAGELS. YOU BOIL THE WATER. PUT IN THE NOODLES
  • TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Victor15b wrote: »
    Tarranon wrote: »
    Victor15b wrote: »

    4. You sir, are the one making a bullshit assumption. You are assuming that I think a gay man is going to rape me up the ass. All I said was that the idea of living with a gay stranger makes me uncomfortable.

    Then you've failed to grasp why a woman not wanting to bunk with a man has merit since you keep bringing the scenario up, and your entire argument falters as a result.

    You need to understand this:

    Women are molested to an ungodly degree in the army, and they have a right as a result to seek living segregation, although it absolutely fucking kills me that such a thing should be necessary in this first place, but that's for another thread.

    So, Woman+Man = JESUS CHRIST SHE STANDS A 1/3 CHANCE OF BEING HARASSED

    You+Homosexual Roommate = Some of my best friends are gay, but I'm just really uncomfortable about the whole affair.

    Please tell me that you can see that there is a difference between the two cases.


    So how high would the male/male rape percentage have to be before I am justified in saying I am uncomfortable?

    To be perfectly clear, are you now saying that the reason you're uncomfortable with homosexual roomies is because you don't want to be raped? Because I'm not particularly interested in going down this rabbit hole unless it's relevant to your concern.

    And I'd appreciate any figures you could dig up on male rape in the army. My googlefu has been failing me concerning any concrete data.

    Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Victor15bVictor15b Registered User
    edited March 2008
    MikeMan wrote: »
    Victor15b wrote: »
    Cabezone wrote: »
    Or should the military tell me to fucking suck it up, you're a goddamn soldier act like one.


    Would you say this to female soldier being forced to live with a male roommate?

    If you did you would be on the recieving end of a harrasment case.

    Okay, I'm giving it up. He's obviously a troll.

    How am I troll?

    You are the one saying I should be forced to do something I dont want to do.

    Victor15b on
  • reVersereVerse Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Victor15b wrote: »
    MikeMan wrote: »
    Victor15b wrote: »
    Cabezone wrote: »
    Or should the military tell me to fucking suck it up, you're a goddamn soldier act like one.


    Would you say this to female soldier being forced to live with a male roommate?

    If you did you would be on the recieving end of a harrasment case.

    Okay, I'm giving it up. He's obviously a troll.

    How am I troll?

    You are the one saying I should be forced to do something I dont want to do.

    In life you sometimes have to do things you don't want to do. True story.

    reVerse on
  • Zephyr_FateZephyr_Fate Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Victor15b wrote: »
    MikeMan wrote: »
    Victor15b wrote: »
    Cabezone wrote: »
    Or should the military tell me to fucking suck it up, you're a goddamn soldier act like one.


    Would you say this to female soldier being forced to live with a male roommate?

    If you did you would be on the recieving end of a harrasment case.

    Okay, I'm giving it up. He's obviously a troll.

    How am I troll?

    You are the one saying I should be forced to do something I dont want to do.
    The reason you don't want to do it is unclear and not worthy of any special privilege by the government or military.

    Zephyr_Fate on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Victor15b wrote: »
    Tarranon wrote: »
    Victor15b wrote: »

    4. You sir, are the one making a bullshit assumption. You are assuming that I think a gay man is going to rape me up the ass. All I said was that the idea of living with a gay stranger makes me uncomfortable.

    Then you've failed to grasp why a woman not wanting to bunk with a man has merit since you keep bringing the scenario up, and your entire argument falters as a result.

    You need to understand this:

    Women are molested to an ungodly degree in the army, and they have a right as a result to seek living segregation, although it absolutely fucking kills me that such a thing should be necessary in this first place, but that's for another thread.

    So, Woman+Man = JESUS CHRIST SHE STANDS A 1/3 CHANCE OF BEING HARASSED

    You+Homosexual Roommate = Some of my best friends are gay, but I'm just really uncomfortable about the whole affair.

    Please tell me that you can see that there is a difference between the two cases.
    So how high would the male/male rape percentage have to be before I am justified in saying I am uncomfortable?
    Show that the odds of you being raped by a gay male roommate are significantly higher than the odds of you being raped by a straight male roommate, and we'll talk.

    Thanatos on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Victor15b wrote: »
    MikeMan wrote: »
    Victor15b wrote: »
    Cabezone wrote: »
    Or should the military tell me to fucking suck it up, you're a goddamn soldier act like one.
    Would you say this to female soldier being forced to live with a male roommate?

    If you did you would be on the recieving end of a harrasment case.
    Okay, I'm giving it up. He's obviously a troll.
    How am I troll?

    You are the one saying I should be forced to do something I dont want to do.
    And if you didn't want to run, march, or use a gun, should the military accomodate you for that, too?

    Thanatos on
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Victor15b wrote: »
    Cabezone wrote: »
    Or should the military tell me to fucking suck it up, you're a goddamn soldier act like one.


    Would you say this to female soldier being forced to live with a male roommate?

    No, because she has a 1 in 3 chance of being harassed or molested by that roomate which is a justifiable and pragmatic cause for concern and separate lodgings. The same is not true for males with male roomates, though, so, yeah.

    moniker on
  • Victor15bVictor15b Registered User
    edited March 2008
    OK, you people are obviously concrete in your beliefs, as am I.

    Once again, let gays in the military, I am fine with that. Don't tell me I have to share a bedroom with a gay man I dont know.

    I have reasons for not wanting to do so. Reasons that I will not divulge in a public forum. Fair enough?

    ****BACK TO MY FIRST POST IN THIS THRED****

    The US is one of the few militaries left in the world that does not allow gays in the military. Does anyone know how other countres handle the logistics such as housing and showering?

    Victor15b on
  • Victor15bVictor15b Registered User
    edited March 2008
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Victor15b wrote: »
    MikeMan wrote: »
    Victor15b wrote: »
    Cabezone wrote: »
    Or should the military tell me to fucking suck it up, you're a goddamn soldier act like one.
    Would you say this to female soldier being forced to live with a male roommate?

    If you did you would be on the recieving end of a harrasment case.
    Okay, I'm giving it up. He's obviously a troll.
    How am I troll?

    You are the one saying I should be forced to do something I dont want to do.
    And if you didn't want to run, march, or use a gun, should the military accomodate you for that, too?


    No, becuase I knew that was part of the contract when I signed up.

    Victor15b on
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Victor15b wrote: »
    How am I troll?

    You are the one saying I should be forced to do something I dont want to do.

    You are a troll because of this:
    Tarranon wrote: »
    You need to understand this:

    Women are molested to an ungodly degree in the army, and they have a right as a result to seek living segregation, although it absolutely fucking kills me that such a thing should be necessary in this first place, but that's for another thread.

    So, Woman+Man = JESUS CHRIST SHE STANDS A 1/3 CHANCE OF BEING HARASSED

    You+Homosexual Roommate = Some of my best friends are gay, but I'm just really uncomfortable about the whole affair.

    Please tell me that you can see that there is a difference between the two cases.

    and this
    moniker wrote: »
    Victor15b wrote: »
    Edit: The reason we're all making the assumption that you are worried the gay roommate will assfuck you is because you keep referring to the situation being the exact same as that of women and men rooming together. It is *not* the same.
    How is it not the same?
    Tarranon wrote: »
    Because female sexual molestation in the army is as high as 33% by some accounts and I'm not particularly aware of virile homosexuals putting extra special slippery gel on the soap for when they get in the shower next to you...?

    and this
    Tarranon wrote: »

    I like how you just ignored my post as to why living with a female soldier isn't analogous to living with a homersexual. But then again, reality does have a very evident liberal bias.

    Three times in the last fucking page you've been told why they're not analogous, and what do you do?

    You say this
    Victor15b wrote: »
    Would you say this to female soldier being forced to live with a male roommate?

    If you did you would be on the recieving end of a harrasment case.

    Either troll, or severely mentally handicapped.

    MikeMan on
    HOW DO YOU FUCK UP BAGELS. YOU BOIL THE WATER. PUT IN THE NOODLES
  • Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS
    edited March 2008
    Victor15b wrote: »
    I have reasons for not wanting to do so. Reasons that I will not divulge in a public forum. Fair enough?

    No.

    Satan. on
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Victor15b wrote: »
    OK, you people are obviously concrete in your beliefs, as am I.

    Once again, let gays in the military, I am fine with that. Don't tell me I have to share a bedroom with a gay man I dont know.

    I have reasons for not wanting to do so. Reasons that I will not divulge in a public forum. Fair enough?

    ****BACK TO MY FIRST POST IN THIS THRED****

    The US is one of the few militaries left in the world that does not allow gays in the military. Does anyone know how other countres handle the logistics such as housing and showering?

    Look if something happened in your past, I'm deeply and truly sorry. If it's anything like what I am thinking, it's a terrible event and no one should ever have to undergo it.

    But that does not change the fact that gay does not equal rapist, and gay people are people to. They are normal, healthy, fine people who just happen to prefer male partners. That does not mean they have a higher incidence of rape, because they don't, and your repeated insinuations that even rooming with such a person brings rape into the equation are themselves insulting and terrible.

    Got it?

    MikeMan on
    HOW DO YOU FUCK UP BAGELS. YOU BOIL THE WATER. PUT IN THE NOODLES
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Show that the odds of you being raped by a gay male roommate are significantly higher than the odds of you being raped by a straight male roommate, and we'll talk.

    This. Doing some searches around the net, approximately 9% of reported rape in the military have male victims. This is reasonably close to the rate of reported rape elsewhere. Several reports claim that most perpetrators of male rape are straight.

    Like with the rape of women, rape isn't an act of sex, but of power. The gender or orientation of the perp/victim is largely irrelevant.

    Nova_C on
  • gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Victor15b wrote: »
    Ok, this is discrimination against me as heterosexual male and I will not stand for it.

    abloo bloo bloo

    gtrmp on
  • DakeyrasDakeyras Registered User
    edited March 2008
    But gays ARE already in the military. They just can't say that they are gay. So if homosexuals in the army would result into roommates being harrassed that would already take place. So saying that you don't want a homosexual roommate seems kind of..void. Really. Who says you don't already have/have had one?

    edit: plus I'd like to point out that other militaries in Europe who allow homosexuals openly never had problems with this.

    Dakeyras on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Victor15b wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »
    Victor15b wrote: »
    Nova_C wrote: »
    What's the difference? If you're going to single out gays an unsuitable roommates, you can't beg off with a simple "I'm uncomfortable." WHY are you uncomfortable with one guy and not the other when the only difference is their sexual orientation?

    Because of thier sexual orientation.

    Do I have gay friends? Yes.
    Do I hang out with my gay friends? Yes.
    Do I trust my gay friends? Yes.
    Do I even get drunk with my gay friends and even get trashed with my gay friends and crash on my gay friends couch because Im too wasted to drive home? Yes

    Am I comforatble sharing a bedroom the size of a storage closet with a homosexual stranger for one year in a third world country? Hell no.

    And why should anyone give a shit about how you feel?

    If you live your life expecting to have comfort handed to you on a silver platter, you're going to be severely disappointed all throughout. A part of living is just dealing with shit.

    Ok, this is discrimination against me as heterosexual male and I will not stand for it.

    Would you tell a female soldier she has to live with a male soldier?
    Would you tell her that life isnt about comfort and to just deal with it?

    WOULD YOU?


    EDIT:
    By the way, I support the idea of allowing gays in the military. I think anyone who wants to serve thier country should be allowed to do so.

    MY ONLY CONCERN is that the government will not take my interests into consideration when they implement this policy.
    And if its anything like the attitudes of the posters in this thread thus far, then my concerns are valid.

    Apperantly being a heterosexual male means I must waive my rights.

    It's not discriminatory to expect you to deal with your personal issues. It's reality. And I think the government has been "taking your interests" into consideration with the way things are right now. It's about time they stop mollycoddling homophobic idiocy.

    Drez on
  • xraydogxraydog Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    The military should discriminate against bigots. Have the proper authority (president or whomever) force the armed forces to be open to everyone regardless of sexual orientation. Then punish those who give homosexuals a hard time, or better yet kick the bums out! Yeah it will be weird for awhile but too bad, they'll get used it. And when they do everyone will be better for it.

    xraydog on
  • MikeMcSomethingMikeMcSomething Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    What's with the retarded amount of ad hom's toward victor? How hard is it to state a point without also calling someone a homophobe/idiot/bigot? The past 2 pages have been fucking rediculous.

    MikeMcSomething on
This discussion has been closed.