Options

Indie Royale - Bundles of great indie games for dirt cheap prices

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Has anyone had any luck installing Nimbus through the downloaded executable? When I try, it locks up halfway through validating the installer and says "failed to extract install archive from exe". I've downloaded it three separate times and keep getting the same thing. I know I could just use the Steam key, but I prefer DRM-free versions of stuff when I can get it.

EDIT: Okay, I got it working now. It turns out it was just an antivirus conflict.

Wyvern on
    Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Gemini Rue keys are starting to pop up. Mine did.

• Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Interesting bundle, but the only game I was interested in was Gemini Rue, and I bought that back when it released.

Also: Get Gemini Rue. If you like old school adventure games and a sci-fi / noir setting, you want this game. Personally it was one of my favourite indie games of the past few years.

Plenty of influence / nods to Cowboy Bebop too, if you ever watched it (hard to believe Cowboy Bebop is well over a decade old now).

subedii on
  • Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    Gemini Rue is pretty much why I got this pack. Something that scratches the same itch that Beneath a Steel Sky once did would be great.

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Gemini Rue was my main attractor for this bundle too. I've found Nimbus to be a pleasant surprise though. It's probably not the kind of game a lot of people will get into but I'm digging everything about it. I checked out the demo a while back on Steam and enjoyed it, but forgot about it. So getting reintroduced to it again has been sweet.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I'm getting addicted to chasing your scores in Nimbus, Drake. Adda can piss right off though, I'm sure he's cheating :lol:

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    My concern with this business model was that the price was going to spike up to like 10 dollars in the first day and sales would immediately drop off to nothing, but that doesn't seem to have materialized. In fact, it's all the way back down to $3.45 right now. It makes me wish the sale history was bigger and more accurate...it'd be interesting to see exactly how many people were responsible for keeping the price down.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    subedii wrote:
    (hard to believe Cowboy Bebop is well over a decade old now).

Holy crap what!

Also, yeah Gemini Rue was my main draw to get this pack. Sci-fi noire rolls off the tongue real nice

• Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    Big Isy wrote:
    I'm getting addicted to chasing your scores in Nimbus, Drake. Adda can piss right off though, I'm sure he's cheating :lol:

Hahah I did take 4-5 goes at each level :D

steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    There must have been quite a few large sales on it lately because each individual purchase over the minimum price, no matter how big, only reduces the price by a very small amount.

• Options
    Adda wrote:
    Big Isy wrote:

Sent you a friend request. I love chasing scores. :D

• Options
    Drake wrote:
    Adda wrote:
    Big Isy wrote:

Cool just accepted, do note that I stopped chasing scores after the first few levels and haven't played too much. Will try get some more time on there at some point.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Adda wrote:
    Drake wrote:
    Adda wrote:
    Big Isy wrote:

Cool just accepted, do note that I stopped chasing scores after the first few levels and haven't played too much. Will try get some more time on there at some point.

With them times, I don't think you've got a whole lot to worry about :lol:

• Options
    Yeah but those are the easy early levels, I was stinking at some of the later stuff.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So it stands to reason that if we can't beat your times on the easy levels, then the levels that you're stinking at, we'll not even be able to complete? :P

I've kinda already hit that point :lol:

• Options
    Third Sanctum DLC added as a "thanks for putting up with us" bonus.

• Options
    Nice, that's all the DLC that I would absolutely never buy, at least.

Paying for Maps? Ok, sure
    Paying for new towers in a multiplayer tower defense? Get fucked

• Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    So I just spent the last 7 hours straight playing Gemini Rue. This game is fantastic. The combat is actually pretty fun, but I don't think I'd want more of it.

I keep hearing Beneath a Steel Sky being tossed around with GR, so I guess I'll play that next. I've been meaning to play it anyway. I predict many LucasArts point and click purchases in my future. Only played through part of Fate of Atlantis and Monkey Island and haven't played any of the others.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Bullio wrote:
    So I just spent the last 7 hours straight playing Gemini Rue. This game is fantastic. The combat is actually pretty fun, but I don't think I'd want more of it.

I keep hearing Beneath a Steel Sky being tossed around with GR, so I guess I'll play that next. I've been meaning to play it anyway. I predict many LucasArts point and click purchases in my future. Only played through part of Fate of Atlantis and Monkey Island and haven't played any of the others.

Beneath A Steel Sky is free on GOG :) It really is very good. I'm not a huge point-and-click adventure game player but I enjoyed it the whole way through, while only referring to a FAQ two or three times.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    wrong threadddd.

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    About 30 minutes left.

Currently at about $5.50.

Includes 3 DLC for Sanctum plus 1 DLC for A.R.E.S.

• Options
    Huh, didn't even notice the ARES DLC, looks like I've got an extra Berzerker suit to give away. (Got mine during the Summer sale)

• Options
    Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    After being told by seemingly every gamer I know to buy this bundle, I finally did, wish I'd bought it earlier, though. Mind you, I'll know next time, it also means I have a Sanctum key to give away. :)

I bought this pack solely for Gemini Rue, since everyone was chucking "Beneath A Steel Sky" around when discussing it, and that being one of my favorite adventure games, I had to buy it. Also, Nimbus sounds interesting, and ARES looks...ok.

Lord_Snot on
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    The bundle is over! Looks like the next one starts in about 10 days, the "Difficult" bundle.

• Options
    Not completely relevant, but humble bundle is up for the alpha of voxatron.

http://www.humblebundle.com/

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    verbelverbel Registered User regular
    Adda wrote:
    Not completely relevant, but humble bundle is up for the alpha of voxatron.

http://www.humblebundle.com/

I just picked this up. I think its pretty awesome.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I really dig the graphic style, but I'm not sure it's anything I'd get around to playing anytime soon (if at all). Will probably end up skipping this unless some neat extras are thrown in.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    This looks like it might be some fun, and it's a Humble Bundle. So, sold.

• Options
    Grabbed mine dirt cheap only because A) I wasn't aware/interested in it otherwise, B) Who knows when I'll actually play it

I sort of feel bad paying far less than the fifteen it'll apparently retail for, but in all likelyhood I'd be waiting for a steep sale anyway

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I imagine that they'll have to add *something* to the Voxel Bundle in order to entice people to pay more.

Voxatron is neat looking, but its hard to convince people to pay much for an alpha from a largely unknown developer.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    I'm having alot of fun with voxtron. The destruction is great and I really like the graphics style.

I would say its definitely worth picking up.

• Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    Man, so psyched for the difficult bundle. I love challenging games, so I'll definitely grab that one. Even if it's the Difficult games I already own (like SpaceChem, Meat boy, etc) they are games I've loved so much that I will be wanting to gift, so win-win-win.

• Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    To me, "The Difficult 2nd Bundle" implies sophomore album. "How do we top our first sale, it had Sanctum and Gemini Rue?" "I don't know, this'll be difficult..."

But it could be really hard games, too.

• Options
    There's been a registry entry found for Ben There Dan That/ Time Gentlemen Please. Probably counting as one game since they're always bundled and Ben There is freeware anyways. The fact it doesn't really fit any bundle theme (difficult, big, alpha) makes me think the difficult in the 2nd bundle might indeed just mean "it's hard to follow this up."

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    I dunno, Ben There / Time is two games packed together. Maybe the "Big" bundle isn't big in name (things like Braid, Limbo, Minecraft, whatever) but big in quantity.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Corpekata wrote:
    There's been a registry entry found for Ben There Dan That/ Time Gentlemen Please. Probably counting as one game since they're always bundled and Ben There is freeware anyways. The fact it doesn't really fit any bundle theme (difficult, big, alpha) makes me think the difficult in the 2nd bundle might indeed just mean "it's hard to follow this up."

I thought that could be what it meant, from the music phrase "The difficult 2nd album." Ben There Dan That/ Time Gentleman Please could be in the "Really Big Bundle" though. Either way, they're fantastic games. I really like the bundle every two weeks thing though. I hope it carries on after the Alpha bundle.

On another topic, is the HIB worth buying for Voxatron alone?

Lord_Snot on
  • Options
    Reminder that the new bundle starts in roughly 9 hours.

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Can't wait! Been playing Gemini Rue for a good portion of this week and it's spectacular :) The action elements are unlike anything I've experienced in a point-and-click adventure, they work pretty well and mix it up abit

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Corpekata wrote:
    Reminder that the new bundle starts in roughly 9 hours.

Timing is ftl. I could probably force myself to get up early and see what's in the bundle and decide whether or not I want to buy it, but I really don't want to get up early on my birthday to find out. Here's hoping it'll be cheap still when I wake up.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    It never really got particularly 'expensive' anyway. So I doubt in a handful of hours that it'll suddenly skyrocket out of impulse range.

Hell, I forgot all about it til I saw this thread and I loved the first one.

steam_sig.png