Options

X-Box Live hack? Fifa run mengamuk?

18910111214»

• Options
    spitfirekspitfirek Registered User regular
    I had about 25 emails saying someone was trying to access my windows live account from an unrecognized computer and to use a code to allow it. I had nothing on my account that I cared about, but I went ahead and changed my password.

I wonder how they got my info in the first place, I only have it because of stupid games like AoEo and warhammer required it; and the user/pass info was different than I use elsewhere...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    Passwords changed. CC was already removed due to cancelling my Xbox live account anyway.

Hope everything for everyone gets fixed. Shame.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I recently changed my email address with my Xbox Live account. Hopefully I'll be OK.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    spitfirek wrote: »
    I had about 25 emails saying someone was trying to access my windows live account from an unrecognized computer and to use a code to allow it. I had nothing on my account that I cared about, but I went ahead and changed my password.

I wonder how they got my info in the first place, I only have it because of stupid games like AoEo and warhammer required it; and the user/pass info was different than I use elsewhere...

Had the same thing happen, about half a dozen emails saying someone trying to access my Live account from different PC.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Is that notification something you can set up? I mean, ever since I recovered my Live ID, Microsoft won't let me change it back to something sane.. but I want to make sure there is as much protection on that system as possible.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Is that notification something you can set up? I mean, ever since I recovered my Live ID, Microsoft won't let me change it back to something sane.. but I want to make sure there is as much protection on that system as possible.

I think it's automatic now since my email wasn't even verified on my account. My Xbox has been broken for two years so haven't used Live for anything but GFWL game logins. If they had actually gotten into my account they would have been sorely disappointed as I have like 13 points and no CC attached.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I recently reattached my CC - damned Trials Evolution! - hence why I'm worried. Plus, my a lot of my work stuff is linked in somewhere in Microsoft's system.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    JerkbotJerkbot some kind of hypnotist Registered User regular
    spitfirek wrote: »

Hate to bring this thread back from too far in the grave, but I just got basically the same thing this morning. It's strange, because it was on a throwaway Live account that didn't have anything on it, I use a different account for my Xbox and GFWL games.

VyQGM.jpg