As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Kick[chat]

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:
    Feral wrote:
    PantsB wrote:
    I'm not supposed to get that Achewood right? Like that's achewood's thing right?
    Pretty much. You're supposed to slog through three years of pointless backstory before you may extract from each strip a few mild chuckles.
    There are some pretty funny Achewoods that you don't need to slog through all the backstory to get.

The Yard Sale, for one. And the Breast Man. Nacho Judas is pretty good, too.

Trent Reznor's station wagon. Comic Sans. "I know Todd."

Philipe running for president.

uua6lktKR.gif

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote:
    Inquisitor, what was that horrific NSFW video you posted earlier. It wouldn't play on my phone.

Official music video for big bad wolf by ducksauce

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    achewood is the best comic- webcomic, print comic, whatever- ever made

Sadly, this is not the best trollpost ever trolled.
    It is only a tribute.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    PantsB wrote:
    Luke Perry died?

I see one source that's not too trustworthy reporting this so far.

• Options
    Also any time Roast Beef's depression is noticeable.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I don't think there is anything chu and I agree on.

And it breaks my heart.

• Options
    Organichu wrote:

Are you being facetious.

When we agree on something I do a double take.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Sarksus wrote:

The one about going to the supermarket wasn't funny, per se, but it made me look floorward in uncomfortable self-awareness.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Sarksus wrote:
    Organichu wrote:

Are you being facetious.

i am totally serious

it is up there with arrested development, it's always sunny in philadelphia, and louis ck as pretty much the funniest things mankind has ever produced

• Options
    Organichu wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:
    Organichu wrote:

Are you being facetious.

i am totally serious

it is up there with arrested development, it's always sunny in philadelphia, and louis ck as pretty much the funniest things mankind has ever produced

I don't believe you.

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    I really need to watch Louis CK some time. I'm only familiar with him from Parks and Rec.

• Options
    Sarksus wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:
    Organichu wrote:

Are you being facetious.

i am totally serious

I don't believe you.

old games still suck, though, and pizza is a lame favorite food

see, we still got that old dynamic

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:
    I am nervous about this Shakespeare and shots thing.

Romeo and Juliet in under an hour? The actors shotgunning beers on stage? Audience participation?

This is either going to be amazing or a total train wreck.

I'm a big fan of Shakespeare (actually have Titus Andronicus open in another tab right now) AND a big fan of drinking. Tell me more about this, please.

It's a local troupe that's doing a show at my friends studio. What I currently know I've pretty much told you. Except for I know before soliloquies they spin a wheel and it stipulates something about how they must do the soliloquy. I'll let you know how it goes though.

If it's with a decent group of actors, it sounds like it'd be a lot of fun.

• Options
    Feral wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:

The one about going to the supermarket wasn't funny, per se, but it made me look floorward in uncomfortable self-awareness.

It was accurate as hell.

uua4QRwVB.gif

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    PantsB wrote:
    Luke Perry died?

http://www.gossipcop.com/luke-perry-dead-died-death-rip-snowboarding-accident-october-2011/

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Chanus wrote:
    PantsB wrote:
    Luke Perry died?

http://www.gossipcop.com/luke-perry-dead-died-death-rip-snowboarding-accident-october-2011/

Yeah that's what I figured.

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    God dammit stop that shit

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:
    Organichu wrote:

Are you being facetious.

i am totally serious

we are apparantly diametrically opposed when it comes to taste in comedy.

• Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    One day Louis C.K. will be insanely popular

and then he will go crazy and fly to Africa to rediscover his roots

JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    PantsB wrote:
    Luke Perry died?

http://luke.perry.mediafetcher.com/news/top_stories/actor_skiing.php

??

Yeah click home at the bottom. That's fake-a-wish. It's a fake celebrity death generator.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote:
    PantsB wrote:
    Luke Perry died?

aaaand that story references the fake-a-wish link

• Options
    Louis CK isn't that funny. I like him, in the same way I like George Carlin or Bill Hicks, but standing on stage and saying stuff that's true isn't intrinsically funny.

• Options
    oh, and chappelle.

chappelle is actually probably ahead of ck as my favorite comedian of all time. though louie, the show, is closing the gap at breakneck speed

• Options
    Feral wrote:
    Louis CK isn't that funny. I like him, in the same way I like George Carlin or Bill Hicks, but standing on stage and saying stuff that's true isn't intrinsically funny.

i guess i should probably say 'best comedy' versus raw funniness. there are some achewood strips that aren't 'funny', either, but it's the best humor comic ever made.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote:

His ability to reveal the hilarious in the mundane is why I like him so much.

• Options
    No, Louis C.K. is funny. Like, I've cried from laughing so hard. George Carlin was an angry man, and then an angry old man, and then a sad old angry man.

JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    Chappelle frustrates me because part of the reason he went crazy, in my opinion, boils down to "white people laughing at my comedy".

At least that's the way I view it.

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    One of those links revealed that Gisele Bundchen has a twin sister. I don't know how I didnt know that

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    Ludious wrote:
    Chappelle frustrates me because part of the reason he went crazy, in my opinion, boils down to "white people laughing at my comedy".

He explains it as "White people were laughing at me, not with me."

• Options
    No, Louis C.K. is funny. Like, I've cried from laughing so hard. George Carlin was an angry man, and then an angry old man, and then a sad old angry man.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Carlin's last two HBO specials are completely unwatchable because they are just the inane ramblings of an old man who has lost his touch.

• Options
    Ludious wrote:

Apparently there was insane pressure on him from some influential figures

Even if that's not true (it's likely not), some people aren't good at handling fame. It's not "white people laughing at my jokes, gotta go"

Cobain partly caved due to his celebrity, among others

JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    Ludious wrote:

*eyeroll*

all I can say to that

• Options
    Ludious wrote:
    Ludious wrote:

*eyeroll*

all I can say to that

I dunno, it's the same reason why Chris Rock stopped doing the Ns vs. Black People bit. People were laughing for all the wrong reasons.

• Options
    Ludious wrote:

I don't really get that.

Like, it was more "stupid people laughing at my comedy for the wrong reasons".

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote:

Uhh no.

• Options

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Carlin's last two HBO specials are completely unwatchable because they are just the inane ramblings of an old man who has lost his touch.

I watched his last one, where he talks about going down the list of friends who had died of old age

and that's when I knew his day was coming, and that he was just an old, depressed guy filled with bitterness.

JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    "wrong reasons"

Oh god the pretention

• Options

I watched his last one, where he talks about going down the list of friends who had died of old age

and that's when I knew his day was coming, and that he was just an old, depressed guy filled with bitterness.

Isn't his last one the one where he's basically wearing pajamas and slippers? It was just so pathetic to see.

• Options
    Ludious wrote:
    "wrong reasons"

Oh god the pretention

Yeah, how dare he stop what he was doing when he felt that his work wasn't received in the way he wanted it to be

that's so pretentious

JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    SCIENTISTS IN THE FUTURE HAVE STUDIED YOUR ASS FOR CENTURIES AND SENT ME BACK IN TIME TO KICK IT

MY FOOT WILL TRANSFORM INTO A FOOT WITH YOUR ASS WRAPPED AROUND IT

This discussion has been closed.