As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Name? Health? Job (thread)?

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    I feel like animal cruelty could slot in nicely

I mean, what's better than going to a dog fight on meth with a girlfriend half your age?

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    Mysst wrote:
    Stale wrote:
    yup, just like that charge for statch rape and meth manufacture

I like how that's a bundled charge.

look, I dunno how you do things, but I aim for efficiency.

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    Stale wrote:
    Mysst wrote:
    Stale wrote:

you're a selfish lover, and always have been :cry:

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    Mysst wrote:
    Stale wrote:
    Mysst wrote:
    Stale wrote:

you're a selfish lover, and always have been :cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAURo0rwt6g

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Having a real real hard time telling myself (and believing) that this week isn't just one long holiday.

Clients keep asking for work and all I can muster is, "Fuck off, it's still Sunday."

• Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    this week is definitely not a holiday :<

I wish it was

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    vermiculturevermiculture Registered User regular
    today was my one year anniversary at work. I have been a full time zoo keeper for a whole year! I had a big day today too. @Margarazzi came to visit me, so we walked around the zoo a bit, had some lunch, saw some animals. She saw what was definitely one of the craziest hippo shows I have ever done, and some sweet squirrel monkey play time.
    ALSO
    My sloth has reached the pinnacle of being lazy, and now eats out of my hand. pictures later.
    AND THEN
    A monkey seriously bit me, and now I am on a list of people who could be future patient zeros. The little dude drew a fair amount of blood for being such a tiny monkey.
    So- big day. Thanks to marg for coming to hang out (and the gift!) and thanks to you guys for putting up with my zoo crap all the time.

steam id: vermiculture
  • Options
    ThreeCubedThreeCubed Grandma Winky's fat ankles Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    today was my one year anniversary at work. I have been a full time zoo keeper for a whole year! I had a big day today too. @Margarazzi came to visit me, so we walked around the zoo a bit, had some lunch, saw some animals. She saw what was definitely one of the craziest hippo shows I have ever done, and some sweet squirrel monkey play time.
    ALSO
    My sloth has reached the pinnacle of being lazy, and now eats out of my hand. pictures later.
    AND THEN
    A monkey seriously bit me, and now I am on a list of people who could be future patient zeros. The little dude drew a fair amount of blood for being such a tiny monkey.
    So- big day. Thanks to marg for coming to hang out (and the gift!) and thanks to you guys for putting up with my zoo crap all the time.

!!!! I did not realize it was your anniversary, either because I wasn't listening when you said it or you didn't mention it! Either way, congrats! It's a big deal.

E: Uh, I mean, uh, I totally knew. Yeah. That's why I came to visit you: to celebrate. Not to come bother you or anything.

Man. Your celebration lunch was PB&J. Good thing is was an organic pb&j, you hippie.

ThreeCubed on
    EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Oh man, congrats Vermi!

So I talked to my boss at my second job, he told me that my schedule when nobody is off will probably be tuesday-saturday, 8PM-12AM. When someone's off the days will likely change but it sounds like the hours will stay the same.

• Options
    By the way, @vermiculture, I totally snapped a photo of you enriching squirrel monkeys. You appear to be their masked god.

EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    Margarazzi wrote:
    By the way, @vermiculture, I totally snapped a photo of you enriching squirrel monkeys. You appear to be their masked god.
    ahh yeah let me see it someday please!

yavarifeedingtime.jpg
    this was right before I was attacked by the monkey.

• Options
    Sent to your email.

EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Oh my! that sloth has the most respectable haircut I've seen in a long while. What a handsome young go-getter

Tef on
    help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Tef wrote:
    Oh my! that sloth has the most respectable haircut I've seen in a long while. What a handsome young go-getter

That sloth is going places.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    In five years we'll either be working for tha sloth... Or be dead by his hand.

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote:
    In five years we'll either be working for tha sloth... Or be dead by his weird hook/claw thingies.

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Moriveth wrote:
    In five years we'll either be working for tha sloth... Or be dead by his hand.

5 years? i already pick up his shit. He kept on trying to climb something just not suitable for his body, this tiny ledge with no support. And I kept on telling him 'you're going to fall. stop that. you're going to fall!' but he wouldn't listen to me. So I walked to him and held my arms out, and when he dropped, he fell right into my arms and just sorta laid there for a minute. After I gently scolded him I put him back on his perching. what a princess.

• Options
    Sounds like he got the vapors.

You shouldn't change your shirt in the sloth house. Didn't you already get in trouble for that?

EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Grats Vermi. I like your zoo stories, so don't stop posting them. :3

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Oh god, the holidays are about to be over.

Here comes the January, February, and March slump.

God help me.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    You're still working at/own a bar, right? How bad is it between New Years and St. Patricks?

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    ALSO
    AND THEN

Congratulations! I can't believe it's been a year already. I remember back when you were deciding to pursue a zoo career. I'm so happy for you! :D

• Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    Bah. Reviewing a data package at work, and there is some serious wrong going on. I have never seen this type of wrongness before, though, so I'm not sure how to handle it.
    Main boss dude is on vacation, but I know who I need to speak with to figure out what to do next. Now to get over my aversion to speaking with people and go figure out how to proceed..

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    I really really really want this job

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/csr/2773507375.html

But it's so hard with no prior experience.

I'm gonna try to get a job as tech support/help desk for my mom's company just because I have some sort of personal in there and she wouldn't be my boss, she's way too high up for that. But I do know the guy who would be and he's a super cool guy.

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Might as well ask here because I don't want to muck up the census thread:

@vivienne are you all going to be taking an actual census? Like, median age of SE, occupations, m/f ratio? Or is this just a straight up headcount?

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Good question, an actual census would be pretty neat!

• Options
    Also I think having a census waaay back in 2004 was what first caused me to PM Mori

• Options
    D'awwwwww...... I hadn't known you were the one that made the first move. You cheeky girl, you.

But yea, I'd be interested to see what our stats are on a number of different things.

• Options
    It wasn't because I'm just damn adorable?!?

• Options
    Actually it was because Moriveth was all like 'no one's ever sent me a PM, someone send me a PM :('

But it was also because from the census I learned he had a really neat name. Yup, I was attracted to his name. If I ever divorce him, I'm keeping the last name. :winky:

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    At least you have a good reason to stick it out with him! :)

• Options
    Of course he is also damn adorable

Seriously, it is pretty hard to stay mad at Mori

• Options
    RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    Janson wrote:
    Actually it was because Moriveth was all like 'no one's ever sent me a PM, someone send me a PM :('

Basically, what you're saying is, you're entire relationship is based on Pity?

• Options
    Well, look at her, then at me. Of course it's based on pity.

• Options
    who wants me to be their american pity husband? live in vancouver, please

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    me, kawika

i keep oscillating between intense optimism and intense cynicism about my work

my ideas are solid, and they can work, they just need perhaps more time than i have

might need to move home unless i can hustle sufficient work this month

• Options
    orik if you can find me work in a year I will move there, unless trade school is cheap up there in which case I'll be up after I go to hawaii

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    the most pitiful couple

but at least we got gay marriage up in heah

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Janson wrote:
    Of course he is also damn adorable

Seriously, it is pretty hard to stay mad at Mori

Sier can't stay mad at me either.

• Options