Options

League of Legends: Fizz patch has very few balance changes. Oh and new masteries.

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    all I know, and i forget who I was but it was some melee character, I jumped an akali at like 10% health and since she only was targetable whenever she attacked me, by the time she was dead I was also at 10-20%. that seems a bit ridiculous for hard carry vs hard carry.

I don't think she'd be that bad if other people on my team would quit feeding her.

Although playing as her one time I got a mejai's before laning started thanks to a jungle teamfight so that was fun being on the other side of that.

If you're jumping akali, either lead with CC or have a pink ward/oracles. Otherwise she can just rape you.

EDIT: Or AoE. Akali shrouds+sunfire/amumu tears= Hilarity.

schuss on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    finished my placement matches

rating: 1275

does that mean i am in the bad place?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular

From what people tell me anything above 1200 is good. Im at 1245 myself

• Options

whoo!

i guess i can never play LoL again now.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    whoo!

I'm going to start my ranked adventures tonight. Should I be afraid? How were the placement matches?

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • Options
    Sampsen wrote:
    whoo!

I'm going to start my ranked adventures tonight. Should I be afraid? How were the placement matches?

Pretty random to be honest. Went up against some awful teams. Had some really competitive games. Got totally swept a few times.

The problem is that you'll be with people who do not have more than 10 ranked games played and the number of regular games they have played is a completely variable. I've played somewhere in the ballpark of 900 regular queue games. But you can start queuing for ranked at somewhere between 200 and 300 games.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I'm confused. What are placement games? For starting Elo this season?

• Options
    Sampsen wrote:
    whoo!

Pretty random to be honest. Went up against some awful teams. Had some really competitive games. Got totally swept a few times.

The problem is that you'll be with people who do not have more than 10 ranked games played and the number of regular games they have played is a completely variable. I've played somewhere in the ballpark of 900 regular queue games. But you can start queuing for ranked at somewhere between 200 and 300 games.

I'm at about 475 games played, -5 w/l. (I was +2 before yesterday... yesterday sucked). I have to admit I'm nervous about ranked, but I feel pretty comfortable about being able to fill any role with a couple different champs.

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Sampsen wrote:
    whoo!

Also don't be discouraged , I started out 1-4 with just terrible teams but I managed to even it out at 5 - 5 . Sometimes you will get nothing but idiots and other you will get awesome people that carry you and are nice.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    I'm confused. What are placement games? For starting Elo this season?

Your first 10 ranked matches are considered placement games.

You are with other folks who have an ELO of 0 and then your actual ELO is calculated from those games. So there's uh. . .differing skill levels.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Holy shit Soraka is so boring. Forced to play her for the first time just now. Ended up with 8 mejai stacks by the time they surrendered at 20.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    How could you possibly say anything bad about the blue goaticorn demigod with sideboob and anger issues?

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    starting to love malz bottom in dominion. finally a place where the viodlings can roam free

and murder people

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Woo hit level 29 a hour ago.

One more level until I can completely ignore ranked.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    FlipprDolphinFlipprDolphin Registered User regular
    Talith wrote:
    Holy shit Soraka is so boring. Forced to play her for the first time just now. Ended up with 8 mejai stacks by the time they surrendered at 20.

Ahhh, no one forced you! At least you did well :D

I hate when i read that "my team forced me to play xxxx, i did so bad"

Its like come on, no one pointed a gun at your head.

In solo queue normal, i play who i want where i want! YARRRR

Kayle solo top against Karthus and Nasus? NO PROBLEM!

• Options
    Nah I got forced into it. 3 way trade failure due to enemy team taking one of the requested champs and then this guy didn't have replacement one to trade and shit got complicated and I ended up an angry blue goat.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Man I love soraka you shut up.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    ReignmanReignman Registered User regular
    I've played over 600 lol games between normals and bot matches and I've tried every champion except for Sion, Malphite, Renekton, Ryze (I know, it's weird), Swain and Shyvana (I suppose she's going to be free tomorrow so that's out)....am I missing out on something or should I spend all my ip on something else?

• Options
    edited November 2011
    She is no support Yorick, that's for sure.

Man I've got over 1000 games played and have only touched about 40 some odd champs. You don't need to play them if you read up on their stats and know their item builds etc.

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    ReignmanReignman Registered User regular
    I really want to try Swain, he seems fun, but he's never free, and I'm not buying him just on that (that's how I ended up spending ip on kat, eve and master yi). I do know everything those champs can do, what they usually build, etc. (though it's rare to see a Swain or a Malphite in normals)

• Options
    ThisThis Registered User regular
    I've had my eye on Rumble for a long time. Never seen him in a game, does anyone here play him? Is he any good?

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited November 2011

Huh, I thought 1200 was bad, but according to this it's approximately top 25

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Sampsen wrote:
    whoo!

SAMPSEN DON'T START WITHOUT ME. HATSON DUO QUEUE.

Samphat? Shaosen?

• Options
    Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    Talith wrote:

I ended up going against a Blitz Vayne lane as Soraka. It ruled because I was pretty much able to bully both of them solo as Caitlyn got grabbed (and then took no damage because of the amazing armor bonus on her heal)

League of Legends: Studio
  • Options
    VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    P10 wrote:

Huh, I thought 1200 was bad, but according to this it's approximately top 25

1200 is the base starting point in LoL. 800 is the base starting point in Chess. The more you know!

League of Legends:Varega
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    This wrote:
    I've had my eye on Rumble for a long time. Never seen him in a game, does anyone here play him? Is he any good?

Rumble's hilarious to play, and one hell of a great solo topper. Gotta love the flamethrower, which gives him some great harass on opposing melee champs through the minion waves. If he catches a ranged in it early-on they'll just melt too. The tazer's great at harassing from ranged, and the slow from it can definitely help snare down someone who's trying to run away.

The ult definitely takes some getting used to, though, to get down when and where to drop it. It's got some crazy range, too, since just the initial click of the click & drag has to be in range.

All this, combined with the fact that he has the Bilgerat skin so he's on a boat makes him one of my favorite champs to play.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    KingMooKingMoo Registered User regular
    i plan to get back into this game. i haven't played for about a year but i'm sitting on a stash of points that need to be spent. What new champions should I buy? I enjoyed Singed a lot and also liked Galio, Katrina, and Sivir

![▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓]!
    !!!!▓▓▓▓▓Gravy?▓▓▓▓▓!!!!!!
    !!!!!!▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓!!!!!!!!!
    of doom
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Akali Riven Leona Shyvana sounds right for you KingMoo

• Options
    edited November 2011
    maokai sounds more like his thing

Jars on
  • Options
    KingMooKingMoo Registered User regular
    Jars wrote:

you, sir, are correct

so boughted!

![▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓]!
    !!!!▓▓▓▓▓Gravy?▓▓▓▓▓!!!!!!
    !!!!!!▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓!!!!!!!!!
    of doom
  • Options
    phoenix udyr and rumble might be worth checking out too

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    rumble, there are plenty of udyrs around.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Jars wrote:

I play a lot of solo top, and all I can say is &%$& that tree. His harass is insane if he actually hits you with his saproling, then it's 3-4 times worse if they explode on you.

Edit - But having said that, I have never lost a 1v1 lane against a Maokai. The lane just sucks till you can build appropriate MR.

Sampsen on
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    a solo maokai can deal recockulous amounts of damage. with just 2-3 doran's and some mpen he can wipe out people.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    people wanting to watch neckbeards rage is something I will never understand

• Options
    psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    Get to champ select, draw a pretty good team. I end up going Graves because we need a AD carry and everybody else is melee. Game starts... Jax and Garen proceed to run bot together and refuse to take solo top on either of the characters vastly more suited to it than Graves, because they where in chat together.

If you're going to do that kind of thing why the hell wouldn't you pick characters even vaguely appropriate for doing a double bot lane together. I hate the LoL community so much.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    Talith wrote:

Agreed. I like Sona because she has a nice aggressive lane game, but Soraka is so utterly uninteresting I cannot play her well.

• Options
    CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    The trick to Soraka is maximising her amazing emotes.

Do you always fight so poorly? Hah ha ha ha ha. No I'm not happy to see you, yes that is a horn growing out of my head. Huh ha ha ha haa.

Dancing Bagel
  • Options
    Support Sona and LeBlanc are where it's at.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    More like Tank Taric.

persona4celestia.jpg
This discussion has been closed.