Options

[Starcraft 2] But ,maybe banshee could do less damage or be less of a ass hole

2456799

Posts

  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Mostly in the endgame right? The new protoss units are all only really viable endgame in their current state. I have a feeling without something being change protoss are going to be in real trouble in the early to mid game

    you still haven't explained to me why oracles are only good in the end game?

  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Also if you really fucked up the switch you can buy individual keyswitches, unsolder the bad one from the board and resolder the new one in.
    I cannot give you a link for where to buy them at the moment because my internet is shaped until tomorrow.
    Another interesting thing this opens up, is if you want to have different keyswitches for different keys, you can do it relatively easily (from the same switch company of course).

    @Variable
    The larger keys are generally different to the normal keys as well, and are linked by levers and shit, so careful taking it apart and putting them back on if you're going to wash it.

    think the geekhack forums are really into mech keyboards if you need to ask people who really know their shit.

    I think I have a thread from there bookmarkes about cleaning boards. I'll be super careful, believe me.

    thank you.

    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    exoplasmexoplasm Gainfully Employed Near Blizzard HQRegistered User regular
    Speaking of mechanical keyboards, I did get my IBM 88-key working with USB, though I have not actually used it for some reason. I think I fear the non-modern key layout. :(

    But it sure feels satisfying to type on even while not plugged in.

    1029386-1.png
    SC2 NA: exoplasm.519 | PA SC2 Mumble Server | My Website | My Stream
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Yeah seriously how is the replicant only useful late game, having one tank as protoss has the potential to be crazy if you've already got a robo down.

    I'd go as far to say having one anything that isn't from your normal arsenal has the potential to be crazy at a 200/200 cost.
    Roaches trapped by forcefields on the rear sitting in the viper's spell? Etc. Need to wait until the game hits.

    stimtokolos on
  • Options
    TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    I'm confused on why you cited that Destiny quote about Eve, Lemming. You disagree? You want more pro teams to pick up girls because they're cute and they're girls?

  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    I think Lemming was more wondering how the opinion about girls can exist in the same mind as the one who made the baneling rape analogy.

    The answer, of course, is easy - he doesn't see it as a big deal, as with many others.

  • Options
    redraptorredraptor Registered User regular
    http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/iNcontroL

    Holy shat, iNc's new stream is purty.

  • Options
    LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    TheBog wrote:
    I'm confused on why you cited that Destiny quote about Eve, Lemming. You disagree? You want more pro teams to pick up girls because they're cute and they're girls?

    His point was talking about "artificial support." I'd be happy for more pro teams to pick up girls who aren't necessarily very good, but who are willing to put the time and practice to become better. I agree with Destiny when he says that women are capable of being just as good at SC2 as guys, but there are a lot of societal factors that support men and not women in doing something like becoming a pro gamer. Pretending that right now there is a level playing field and women have the same opportunities as men in terms of becoming a progamer is stupid, and taking steps to balance that out is not a bad thing like he says it is.

    It's the same basic principle behind affirmative action: minorities are just as capable of excelling in academics, but since they're so often at a disadvantage in terms of access to good pre-college education, tutors, general culture that reinforces the idea that school is lame, and so on, that affirmative action is one way of trying to balance out the playing field.

    The basic gist of it is that there are more factors in play than current player skill and people pretend that there aren't and it's stupid.

  • Options
    LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote:
    I think Lemming was more wondering how the opinion about girls can exist in the same mind as the one who made the baneling rape analogy.

    The answer, of course, is easy - he doesn't see it as a big deal, as with many others.

    The point is that he can't understand anything that isn't from his point of view. If he were a girl, for example, he wouldn't have had the same opportunities available to him that allowed him to become a popular streamer playing SC2. It's possible that he could have done so anyway, but it would have been more difficult and to pretend otherwise is naive and stupid. That's why his saying that progaming teams should pick up players just based on skill with no other factors is stupid.

    His opinion on what sorts of things are appropriate to say to people is just more evidence of the fact that he doesn't really give a shit about seeing things from other people's perspectives.

  • Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I still need zergs so i can practice my worst matchup. My build and comps are coming along but I still want more learning! I'm insatiable!

    TIFunkalicious on
  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    I would, but I'm shaped.
    And have an exam at 9:30 tomorrow that I can't be bothered studying for.

  • Options
    LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    Haha "I'm shaped" what a cute colloquial saying

  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    i don't understand how you can be shaped on a regular basis

    increase your fucking cap or change the way you use the internet if increasing isn't an option.

    Dhalphir on
  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I think I've been shaped once in the past 8 months until now, and I broke the cap last night at around 11:30pm. It resets tonight at midnight. So around 10 hours of me being awake and at home.
    It is mostly because I decided "Fuck it." and downloaded 7 gigs worth of TF2 on peak instead of offpeak.

    stimtokolos on
  • Options
    LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    Ohhhhhhh like for your internet. Because Australia hasn't invented real broadband yet.

  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Just like you haven't invented resistance to the venom of the spiders I released in your house I guess. You silly North American you.

    stimtokolos on
  • Options
    KeamienKeamien Registered User regular
    Ungggg why is this rape thing still happening?

    I'd rather read about how OP terran is.

  • Options
    KambingKambing Registered User regular
    I'll try to rerail the conversation.

    As things sit with HotS now:

    Oracles are really fucking good.
    Swarm Hosts are like mutalisks and are ridiculously good in moderate to large numbers.
    Somehow, the Terran changes are the least impressive of the three races. Almost as it should be.

    @TwitchTV, @Youtube: master-level zerg ladder/customs, commentary, and random miscellany.
  • Options
    mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular
    Keamien wrote:
    Ungggg why is this rape thing still happening?

    I'd rather read about how OP terran is.

    Hey now, I wouldn't go that far.

  • Options
    mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Kambing wrote:
    I'll try to rerail the conversation.

    As things sit with HotS now:

    Oracles are really fucking good.
    Swarm Hosts are like mutalisks and are ridiculously good in moderate to large numbers.
    Somehow, the Terran changes are the least impressive of the three races. Almost as it should be.

    Pretty much agree with all of this. I was playing around with the swarm hosts earlier and once I got up to around 10 they became an unstoppable wave of death in combination with my other units. Then I played a TvT and was completely underwhelmed by the new hellion and warhound.

    mEEksa on
  • Options
    TannerMSTannerMS "I'm confidence cause I'm zerg!" Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    There's your problem, Meeks, you weren't using the "kills everything forever and always"-unit. You literally cannot kill Shredders without Roaches, Queens, BLords or Ultras.

    TannerMS on
  • Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I dunno, it doesn't seem like the guy got battle hellion splash right.

    But yeah, the most exciting things are the regen reapers and the huge ass campaign Thor, and that's only because he completely fucked up the stats and gave the Thor's ground attack splash damage. Actually, it's probably a direct copy of the campaign Thor, I don't think he did any stat changes at all.

    Hoz on
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    I do remember watching the battle hellion video versus a bunch of chargelots and thinking "unchanged hellions fare better with micro."

    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    TannerMS wrote:
    There's your problem, Meeks, you weren't using the "kills everything forever and always"-unit. You literally cannot kill Shredders without Roaches, Queens, BLords or Ultras.

    Oh my I didn't not think about how efficiently they were likely to trade with lings being able to damage everything in range.
    What is their hp like?
    I suppose you could get overlord drop and speed, baneling drop them. Also do they count as a unit or buildings when setup? I'd assume probably a unit. Goddamnit be a building like the auto turret.

    stimtokolos on
  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote:
    I do remember watching the battle hellion video versus a bunch of chargelots and thinking "unchanged hellions fare better with micro."

    Maybe the cone is something that we might see if someone gets their hellions stuck and knows they can't micro out anymore.

  • Options
    KambingKambing Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, shredders are completely bullshit. But I just assume they are going to change by the time hots comes out. Any kind of 100% passive defense like that can't be that good when things go live.

    @TwitchTV, @Youtube: master-level zerg ladder/customs, commentary, and random miscellany.
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    i think the durability thing was a factor with the battle hellion, but i can't think of a situation where speed isn't more helpful for staying alive than health.

  • Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote:
    i think the durability thing was a factor with the battle hellion, but i can't think of a situation where speed isn't more helpful for staying alive than health.

    In a pitched battle where you are defending your sieged tanks?

    Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular
    I just don't understand the sentiment in the first place that blue flame hellions are not good against chargelots. Like, what? Has Blizzard ever actually seen them? They do a pretty good job of roasting zealots.

  • Options
    redraptorredraptor Registered User regular
    Wait, if I can neural parasite a replicant and then steal a probe, can I play zerg/protoss versus protoss/zerg?

  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    I think the point was that the battle hellion would take more damage from the chargelots and live longer, and you don't need such a long splash when you are dealing with up close chargelots.

  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    redraptor wrote:
    Wait, if I can neural parasite a replicant and then steal a probe, can I play zerg/protoss versus protoss/zerg?

    If the replication doesn't do some weird disjoint when you cast it, and you can get a nexus down before you lose control, maybe.

  • Options
    redraptorredraptor Registered User regular
    But if you neural an infestor the units you create with it belong to you.

  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    mEEksa wrote:
    I just don't understand the sentiment in the first place that blue flame hellions are not good against chargelots. Like, what? Has Blizzard ever actually seen them? They do a pretty good job of roasting zealots.

    I'm pretty sure they said something very close to, "There are lots of good answers to mass chargelot that require micro, we want a similarly strong solution for players who do not micro."

    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    Yeah those statements, including the one about the mothership when introducing the new thor boggled my mind.

  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    the unit makes sense but they explained it really horribly. like, show it not dying in a split second to marauders and people might consider it useful... helions aren't the reason people don't mech in tvp.

    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular
    The only time they will be up close is if you are using them as a buffer between chargelots and your tanks. And the reason mech is difficult in TvP isn't because of chargelots but because of voidrays, immortals, stalkers, templar, phoenix, etc. Protoss have a bajillion answers to tanks, so the new hellion feels like they are trying to fix the problem of mech in the wrong way. And apart from that scenario, when else will they be useful? Never in TvT, I can tell you that much. I suppose they would try to fit the same role as a buffer for mech in TvZ, but again, zerglings are pretty much a non-issue as it is so I'm left wondering what the hell the point of them is.

  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    why do you say never in tvt? that's interesting, I am thinking 'only in tvt'.

    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    redraptor wrote:
    Wait, if I can neural parasite a replicant and then steal a probe, can I play zerg/protoss versus protoss/zerg?

    theoretically yes

This discussion has been closed.