Options

[Starcraft 2] But ,maybe banshee could do less damage or be less of a ass hole

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Dhalphir wrote:
    both have potential to be equally terrible

GSL finals are always one-sided, and MLG are too short because of extended series.

It wouldn't only be the final game of MLG I'd hope.
    GSL can be over in like, 60 minutes of games. At least you'd have enough time to maybe get a bit buzzed otherwise.
    Still I'm not sure I'd go, being that I like my booze to not cost me an arm and a leg, and be decently quality. And I want the option of just not giving a shit and falling asleep instead.

Wait how is it even a choice the GSL finals aren't on for like, a month.

And even then they'd be on at a different time than MLG

wat

edit: re: drewbie, he gets kept alive because for whatever weird reason his TvT is really good.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    juice rhymes with deuce

deuce starts with a d

as does deezer

coincendence?!?!?!?!

• Options
    TannerMSTannerMS "I'm confidence cause I'm zerg!" Registered User regular
    Slayers'Min is playing a PvZ that left him on pure hydra with bases spread everywhere. He's using overlords to ferry his army around and outmaneuver the protoss :D

• Options
    edited November 2011
    never looked at min's stream before

but his description has convinced me to watch
    every ZERG chobo player come on !
    I will make you GOSU player with my stream

Biosys on
  • Options
    mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular
    HongUn just played an amazing PvT. He went for a triple forge build for crazy upgrades. The Terran attacked his third and crushed HongUn's army, making the supplies something like 80 to 160 with the Terran two bases ahead. It obviously looked like the game was over but HongUn stayed in it and through some great engagements and a large upgrade advantage managed to whittle the supply lead down to around 40. He finally managed to get his gold up, while the Terran started expanding around the map. Eventually the Terran got impatient and cloaked his ghosts to try to EMP all the templar, but HongUn somehow saw them coming and prevented most of his templar from being EMP'd while killing all the ghosts. Then the Terran attacked, HongUn engaged perfectly, landed incredible storms and decimated the Terran army to win the game.

• Options
    mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    Biosys wrote:
    juice rhymes with deuce

deuce starts with a d

as does deezer

coincendence?!?!?!?!

Whateva bro just make da game u scared?

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote:
    two people who i never know who they are online is

redraptor
    and mysticjuicer

i'm fairly sure one of you dudes is megabuster but i dont know who

As much fun as it would be to pretend I'm a notorious cheeser you often meet on the ladder, I don't actually play SC2 at all. I just watch this greatest sport. For now, anyway.

You should totally play!
    I can show the way of the cheese.

(it causes such rage the heavens did not intend)

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Biosys wrote:
    juice rhymes with deuce

deuce starts with a d

as does deezer

coincendence?!?!?!?!

Whateva ratz bro just make da ratz game u scared ratz?

Fix'd.

• Options
    KeamienKeamien Registered User regular
    Hoz wrote:
    repimg-33-242032.jpg (How do I unfuck this and make it show up as a normal gamereplay.org replay?)

Played Biosys in a TvZ and went mech. I just want to start a discussion on using mech in TvZ. What I don't understand is why it is so uncommon on ladder. Or is it? Obviously I can't know firsthand since I don't play Zerg, but I'm assuming it's not common.

But here's a few reasons why I'm pretty much going to become a straight up mech player in TvZ.

1. I've played Biosys before where I've done standard marine-tank. I think I won only 2 out of 5 or 6 games, and I remember the two games I won being 11/11 2rax early wins (that's why you'll see biosys so hesitant to take his natural early on against me in this game). But in every macro game he slaughtered me. This is because I'm not a good player, but I haven't gotten any better since then. This was the second game I played in 10 days, and that ties into my second point...

2. Mech is really good for really slow players like me who are also terrible at micro. The only thing I have to micro are the hellions and that requires a shitload less than marine micro, believe it or not. With mech, I don't have to split and I don't have to dance my marines around my bases to ward off mutas. And about mutas...

3. I don't have to live in fear of those motherfucking mutas. The build in this game is something I sloppily cribbed off of watching IMHappy dominate DRG in code S a week ago and what I've seen on the Day9 daily on Goody's TvZ. Yeah, you go for a shitload of hellions but you don't get BFH right away, and not because you are delaying putting a tech lab on factory. What you do is you get weapons 1. The genius of this is the options it gives you, depending on what the enemy does. If the reaction is roaches and lings, the tech lab will be free to research siege mode and the +1 weapons will boost dps of the hellions you have against roach pressure, where BFH wouldn't.

But if the reaction is mutas, you'll be ready to bring out those first few thors out in time and with weapons 1 they will absolutely decimate muta packs with turret support. The javelin attack benefits greatly from weapon upgrades, especially against low armor targets. Yes, marines do an unrivaled amount of DPS against mutas, but there is a shitload of upkeep on unit control to achieve that. Because it's much harder to consolidate marine DPS, you can't leave 6 supply of marines and expect results like you can with one thor. you need a dozen and if you want to use stim you need medivacs. And once the mutas come you need to be on top of the control because of the range limitations. Thors do less DPS but don't require babysitting and are more efficient, as long as you support them with turrets and don't leave them in bad positions.

And from there you put the zerg player in a position where he has to choose massing mutas, which is not an appetizing idea against the growing number of thors, or to strengthen his ground army. Either way you'll have the stronger army.

It's a playstyle that's more rewarding of gamesense and tactical decisions than precise control or speed. And that's a playstyle a scrub like me who only occasionally plays, but spectates a lot, should use.

Reasons mech isn't used often on the ladder.

It's slow as hell. Makes it super vulnerable to multi-pronged attacks, counter attacks, base trades, anything of that sort. It is straight up AWFUL on large maps like tal-darim altar.
    It's expensive as hell. You HAVE to go 3base fairly early to make it viable, and there is a large window of vulnerabilty there before your third base kicks in. Also, the sheer cost of mech makes it difficult to punish greedy zergs, good spine placement and that zerg will have 80 drones by the time you have 40 scvs. And because it takes so long to get up and running, the zerg (should, not always) be able to counter it pretty effectively. Broodlords, infestors, burrowed roaches, these are all things that can wreck a meching terran. And then there is the remax. He can remake 50 roaches after your first push, and god help you if you dont have enough tanks.

But, mech is fun as hell, and super great for all those ladder zergs who blind counter marine/tank/medivac

• Options
    mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    MMMig wrote:
    Dhalphir wrote:
    two people who i never know who they are online is

redraptor
    and mysticjuicer

i'm fairly sure one of you dudes is megabuster but i dont know who

As much fun as it would be to pretend I'm a notorious cheeser you often meet on the ladder, I don't actually play SC2 at all. I just watch this greatest sport. For now, anyway.

You should totally play!
    I can show the way of the cheese.

(it causes such rage the heavens did not intend)

...sensei.

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • Options
    SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    MMig's cheese is legendary here.

• Options
    And now HongUn just won a PvT with carriers. I can safely say now, that HongUn is the CatZ of Protoss.

• Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    Hoz wrote:
    I just saw joe chatting in beastyqt's stream chat when beastqt was watching the chat on stream. Kinda surreal.

wait, what? i wasn't in a chat last night...

• Options
    Sceptre wrote:
    MMig's cheese is legendary here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=059RKcpkn8A&feature=related

1:33

"If you encounter God on the ladder, God will be cheesed."

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
  • Options
    Free Giraffe Rides!!!Free Giraffe Rides!!! Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Something remarkable about Diablo 3 is that the sound design is absolutely gorgeous. Whereas SC2 feels like a step down from Brood War, with far less bassy, satisfying, visceral effects, Diablo 3 is the exact opposite. Powerful skills in D3 sound devastating with a high-fidelity sound system.

I'm really curious whether it's the same sound effect team for both games. If so, did they just get a whole lot better at their jobs since SC2? Is this a deliberate direction decision because they believed BW was too harsh? Maybe HotS will have better ear candy?

Free Giraffe Rides!!! on
  • Options
    SnoogalooSnoogaloo Registered User new member
    Hey guys!

The Razer Marauder SC2 keyboard is on sellout.woot.com today for $60 so make sure to go pick it up if you've been wanting one. I know I've seen just okay reviews, but for half the usual price it's probably worth it!

http://sellout.woot.com/

• Options
    LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    Journey to Providence has begun.

• Options
    SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    I am so excited for this weekend.

So So excited.

How excited?

This excited:
    Edit: Oh man Lemming, I just realized you're going to have a chance to meet Tyler. How will handle your excitement?

Sceptre on
  • Options
    Aw man, I'm going to miss all the SC2 this weekend. D: I look forward to hearing cool stories when I get back on Monday.

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    I'm going to miss nearly all the SC2 this weekend. :(

God damn my love for partying.

• Options
    I can't believe I have a take home exam this weekend.

Happened last MLG too.

Grrargh.

I know what you're doing, UNC. I'm on to you.

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    So happy providence is this weekend, next one I will be a neurotic wreck preparing for an exam on ethics, morals and other "fun" things.

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    Frozenzen wrote:
    So happy providence is this weekend, next one I will be a neurotic wreck preparing for an exam on ethics, morals and other "fun" things.

Ditch the exam and maim a child.

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Ironically, it's about ethics, moral and gender in a classroom environment as I am studying to be a teacher :P.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Lilnoobs wrote:
    psh, at the pro level a terran who isn't really really good is a bad player.

at the pro level a terran that isn't korean is a bad player

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Sceptre wrote:

So So excited.

How excited?

This excited:
    Edit: Oh man Lemming, I just realized you're going to have a chance to meet Tyler. How will handle your excitement?

Probably by flipping out.

Lemming on
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    Snoogaloo wrote:
    Hey guys!

The Razer Marauder SC2 keyboard is on sellout.woot.com today for $60 so make sure to go pick it up if you've been wanting one. I know I've seen just okay reviews, but for half the usual price it's probably worth it!

http://sellout.woot.com/

It's a rubber membrane board, if you're going to spend $60+ get a mechanical, Razer Blackwidows don't cost but maybe $10 more than that and it's a far better keyboard.

My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Looks like I'll get my thread back soon. :D

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    TannerMS wrote:
    Slayers'Min is playing a PvZ that left him on pure hydra with bases spread everywhere. He's using overlords to ferry his army around and outmaneuver the protoss :D

Pshhhhh, call me when he links every base with defensive nyduses.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    badger2dbadger2d San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    I actually played this game last night. First time in six months. Was a blast! Last I played I was raging at myself every game for how many things I would forget to do and I burned myself out. Playing after that long break, though, I'm refreshingly free for the moment of any illusions that I ought to be able to play competently in any facet of the game. Apparently, that leaves me free to just...have fun!

Of course, now I'm immediately going to wreck my ability to have fun by getting back to trying to improve my game. Anyone got advice on how to do efficient larva injects? I always used to put each queen on a different hotkey, but I've noticed on streams that most Zergs stick all their queens on one hotkey and seem to be able to inject very fast. I tried that out but didn't get at all how to do all the injects with that setup?

Also: when your injections all pop, do you reinject first and then make units with all those larvae? Or the other way around?

badger2d on
    Blizzard: Symphony #1704
    Steam: badger2d
  • Options
    Lord JezoLord Jezo Registered User regular
    Sceptre wrote:

So So excited.

How excited?

This excited:

Dude, if you pop any bubbles while you are there please report back on it.

If MLG Providence is anything at all like that video then it will be the greatest place ever on Earth.

Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    but ,maybe forum could do less double post or be less of a ass hole

okay what the fuck there were two posts before.

Anyway, Raleigh was rad, and Providence is bigger and the finals, so I'm super jealous. It's weird to my brain that I can't go because I grew up (and my parents still live) not even 30 minutes north of Providence.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    Lemming wrote:
    Sceptre wrote:

So So excited.

How excited?

This excited:

Probably by flipping out.

HOLY SHIT
    I JUST REALIZED THIS TOO

LEMMING + TYLER = "8 o'clock news as some random dude gets thrown into the back of a patrol car for public nudity and harassment of someone only described as 'a soft-spoken man who's into horse racing or something'"

I'm SO gonna have local Providence news running on the Telé

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    TrunkersTrunkers Registered User regular
    So, any Zergs have recommended general builds for a player starting to off-race as zerg? I am winning most my matches against Gold players, but that's mostly due to the old macro harder bit. I just sit back and kill them with roaches when they attack, but it doesn't seem like I'm learning too much.

My MTG Cube Site - -http://riptidelab.com
  • Options
    KeamienKeamien Registered User regular
    Make drones, when your opponent leaves his base, make units.

Collect win

• Options
    Keamien wrote:
    Make drones, when your opponent leaves his base, make units.

Collect win

zerg gosu

someone get on this gosh darn sc2 thing and play with me

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Oh my god Keamien I never though of it that way.

Though that is exactly how you embarrass a non-proxied cross map 11/11.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    There aren't really builds for Zerg past the early game because they are a very reactive race, but I'll give you a few starting points.

For ZvP and ZvZ, speedling expand is a very common and safe opening.

ZvP variant:
    14 gas
    14 pool
    16 overlord
    Pull your drones out of gas when you get 100 gas
    When the pool finishes, make a queen and 2-3 sets of lings and then zergling speed
    21-22 expand
    Put the drones back in gas when your expansion finishes

ZvZ:
    14 gas
    14 pool
    16 overlord
    Now from here the build can diverge wildly based on what your opponent is doing. If they expanded quickly, you can do a similar follow-up to the ZvP version. If they didn't, you will want to pull one drone out of gas when you reach 100 and throw down a baneling nest. Then you enter into baneling wars and good luck with that.

For ZvT you will want to 15hatch expand. You are susceptible to aggression early on, if you see a bunker building, pull a few drones off and send them to attack the SCV:
    15 hatch
    15 pool
    15 gas
    17 overlord
    Pull drones out of gas when you reach 100 and research speed
    Queen and lings when pool finishes (how many lings depends on if they are being aggressive early)
    Transfer a few drones when the hatch finishes and grab a second queen when you can afford it
    Throw down a spine when you have the money

mEEksa on
  • Options
    I came online bio but you are nowhere to be seen.

• Options
    Delaynig the gas is also viable for zvt and zvp. It will help you get your drone count higher and an extra queen or even a super early macro hatch.

This does though require an earlier spine due to possible harassment since slow lings can get micro-ed against really well.
    Cutting the gas though, will more than cover the cost of the drone+spine.

I don't really know the timings but you should not cut gas past 40 food.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
This discussion has been closed.