As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Starcraft 2] But ,maybe banshee could do less damage or be less of a ass hole

1939495969799»

• Options
    KeamienKeamien Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote:
    Oh my god Keamien I never though of it that way.

Though that is exactly how you embarrass a non-proxied cross map 11/11.

My new favorite dick move against zerg is to maka-rax the 2nd barracks in a 11/11.

Always fun to catch a zerg with 20 drones when your first 3 marines show up.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    The 15 hatch expand looks good but should be 17 OL.

And this is just a stylistic choice more or less but I like leaving a single drone in gas for the lair 100, after the initial 100 for speed.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular
    Ah, thanks for the heads up ked. I just formulated that roughly based on watching Zerg stream, I thought it might have been 17ovie but I wasn't sure.

• Options
    TrusTrus Registered User regular
    Day isn't casting this MLG? Immediately not interested

qFN53.png
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Trus wrote:
    Day isn't casting this MLG? Immediately not interested

WTF? Seriously?????

Who's casting?
    Oh god now I'm a nervous wreck.....

ed: good lord the internet is powerful

MLG mainstay broadcaster Day[9] will not be able to attend[1], however the rest MLG's all-star lineup including Artosis, Tasteless, ItmeJP, Husky and MrBitter will be in full swing. They will be joined by Tumba, Adebisi & Robin who will be solo casting select matches on the Beta Streams and former eSTRO manager Hwanni as the Korean translator.

Bitter! =)

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    omg who's going to get the new thread!!

unfortunate about Day9 though, absolutely love him and DJwheat together. My favorite casting combo

mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    Keamien wrote:
    Reasons mech isn't used often on the ladder.

It's slow as hell. Makes it super vulnerable to multi-pronged attacks, counter attacks, base trades, anything of that sort. It is straight up AWFUL on large maps like tal-darim altar.
    It's expensive as hell. You HAVE to go 3base fairly early to make it viable, and there is a large window of vulnerabilty there before your third base kicks in. Also, the sheer cost of mech makes it difficult to punish greedy zergs, good spine placement and that zerg will have 80 drones by the time you have 40 scvs. And because it takes so long to get up and running, the zerg (should, not always) be able to counter it pretty effectively. Broodlords, infestors, burrowed roaches, these are all things that can wreck a meching terran. And then there is the remax. He can remake 50 roaches after your first push, and god help you if you dont have enough tanks.

But, mech is fun as hell, and super great for all those ladder zergs who blind counter marine/tank/medivac
    The only part that worries me is mech's weakness on large maps. Metalopolis is fine because I can just take gold to keep up with a macroing zerg, but yeah, TDA would be a nightmare. But a lot of the big maps in the ladder pool kinda play into mech's advantages. Antiga and Shakuras make it easy to take and defend a third, it's also very easy to harass expansions if you control the middle. On the other hand, a map like abyssal quite honestly looks like an auto-loss for mech. But I have that stupid map downvoted either way. Anyway, thankfully ladder map pool isn't GSL map pool.

And things like broodlords and infestors is what any Terran build has to worry about, and it's just going to require smart decisions like always. And I've seen mass Thors have success countering BLs just enough until vikings come out, at least more than marines do.

• Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    Everyone stop posting so MNC can't remake the thread.

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    No wheat casting is sad too. The guy might not be the best analyst or something, but he is amazingly fun to listen too, really passionate.

• Options
    JAEF wrote:

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    I like MrBitter he is a charming gentleman.

• Options
    Hoz wrote:
    Keamien wrote:

It's slow as hell. Makes it super vulnerable to multi-pronged attacks, counter attacks, base trades, anything of that sort. It is straight up AWFUL on large maps like tal-darim altar.
    It's expensive as hell. You HAVE to go 3base fairly early to make it viable, and there is a large window of vulnerabilty there before your third base kicks in. Also, the sheer cost of mech makes it difficult to punish greedy zergs, good spine placement and that zerg will have 80 drones by the time you have 40 scvs. And because it takes so long to get up and running, the zerg (should, not always) be able to counter it pretty effectively. Broodlords, infestors, burrowed roaches, these are all things that can wreck a meching terran. And then there is the remax. He can remake 50 roaches after your first push, and god help you if you dont have enough tanks.

But, mech is fun as hell, and super great for all those ladder zergs who blind counter marine/tank/medivac
    The only part that worries me is mech's weakness on large maps. Metalopolis is fine because I can just take gold to keep up with a macroing zerg, but yeah, TDA would be a nightmare. But a lot of the big maps in the ladder pool kinda play into mech's advantages. Antiga and Shakuras make it easy to take and defend a third, it's also very easy to harass expansions if you control the middle. On the other hand, a map like abyssal quite honestly looks like an auto-loss for mech. But I have that stupid map downvoted either way. Anyway, thankfully ladder map pool isn't GSL map pool.

And things like broodlords and infestors is what any Terran build has to worry about, and it's just going to require smart decisions like always. And I've seen mass Thors have success countering BLs just enough until vikings come out, at least more than marines do.

I remember losing HARD a mech tvz on taldarim. My army crushed his over and over, but there were just so many expansions on the map that he just kept popping up and killing my production/economy, while retreating to a different expansion. Eventually he just whittled me down.

It's the large attack paths and wide lanes to get flanks that make mech weak. Shakuras is actually a good example of it. You'd think mech would be great on that map, but once you cross that grass in the middle and try to threaten the expos, you expose yourself to a giant flank action.

God, I hate shakuras so much.

• Options
    Doing drop harass on crossmap shakuras is like sending a colony ship to alpha centauri.

• Options
    MMMig wrote:
    JAEF wrote:

You know what Jaef?
    I think we're doing it wrong.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    I usually do pretty well against Shakuras mech because it's really difficult for them to secure a 3rd if I'm being active with ling/bane/muta.

And next thing you know it's 6 base baneling waves against 2.5 base the-goggles-they-do-nothing.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    badger2d wrote:
    I actually played this game last night. First time in six months. Was a blast! Last I played I was raging at myself every game for how many things I would forget to do and I burned myself out. Playing after that long break, though, I'm refreshingly free for the moment of any illusions that I ought to be able to play competently in any facet of the game. Apparently, that leaves me free to just...have fun!

Of course, now I'm immediately going to wreck my ability to have fun by getting back to trying to improve my game. Anyone got advice on how to do efficient larva injects? I always used to put each queen on a different hotkey, but I've noticed on streams that most Zergs stick all their queens on one hotkey and seem to be able to inject very fast. I tried that out but didn't get at all how to do all the injects with that setup?

Also: when your injections all pop, do you reinject first and then make units with all those larvae? Or the other way around?

reinject first.

most z's have a system for injects. the one i use is this, and yes, you have you use the starcraft editor:
    0 and S - remapped to the side buttons of my mouse.
    0 holds all hatches
    9 - remapped to W
    E is remapped to queens vomit.
    SHIFT-SPACE is nextTownHall

so, an injection rota looks like: w-HOLD SHIFT-E-(SPACE-CLICK repeat this as necessary)

there's a bunch more methods out there.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    it just seems so complicated. wouldn't using base cameras allow you to do it all just about as quickly while using something you should be setting anyway?

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular
    A tournament filled with some of the best Starcraft players in the world, and a decent caster isn't going to be there among an otherwise excellent casting
    Keamien wrote:
    Hoz wrote:
    Keamien wrote:

I remember losing HARD a mech tvz on taldarim. My army crushed his over and over, but there were just so many expansions on the map that he just kept popping up and killing my production/economy, while retreating to a different expansion. Eventually he just whittled me down.

It's the large attack paths and wide lanes to get flanks that make mech weak. Shakuras is actually a good example of it. You'd think mech would be great on that map, but once you cross that grass in the middle and try to threaten the expos, you expose yourself to a giant flank action.

God, I hate shakuras so much.

Whaaat? Shakuras is one of the best maps for mech in the current pool. The huge choke in the middle of the maps means you never have to worry about harassment and it is easy to force a split map situation, which is where mech play excels. It has the strongest 200/200 army in the game. Demuslim loves to go mech on Shakuras, and I can't recall him actually losing a game on it. This one time he was quite significantly behind, he goes for a thor/hellion push only to see around 10 broodlords coming his way. He still wins the battle and the game.

• Options
    mEEksa wrote:
    Whaaat? Shakuras is one of the best maps for mech in the current pool. The huge choke in the middle of the maps means you never have to worry about harassment and it is easy to force a split map situation, which is where mech play excels. It has the strongest 200/200 army in the game. Demuslim loves to go mech on Shakuras, and I can't recall him actually losing a game on it. This one time he was quite significantly behind, he goes for a thor/hellion push only to see around 10 broodlords coming his way. He still wins the battle and the game.
    I saw the game you're talking about and to be fair, he won only because the zerg was supporting his BLs with mass lings which the BFH can deal with. If he were supporting his BLs with roaches then that battle would have gone in a very bad direction for demuslim.

• Options
    BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    mEEksa wrote:
    I came online bio but you are nowhere to be seen.

oh right yeah, sorry dude, was having lag problems with sc2 earlier and it didn't seem to be resolved now so decided to call it quits for today

so i just HAD to play more dota 2

sighhhhhhh

tis a hard life

• Options
    edited November 2011
    mEEksa wrote:

kedinik wrote:
    I usually do pretty well against Shakuras mech because it's really difficult for them to secure a 3rd if I'm being active with ling/bane/muta.

And next thing you know it's 6 base baneling waves against 2.5 base the-goggles-they-do-nothing.

But I'm not demuslim.

Keamien on
This discussion has been closed.