As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Battlefield 3: New patch is live- Karkand in Dec.

That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guyRegistered User regular
edited November 2011 in Games and Technology
battlefield3.jpg

Battlefield 3 (commonly abbreviated to BF3) is a first-person shooter action video game developed by EA Digital Illusions CE and published by Electronic Arts. The game was released in the USA on October 25, 2011 on Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360[4] and EA Mobile confirmed a port for the iOS platform. It does not support versions of Windows prior to Windows Vista. It is a direct sequel to 2005's Battlefield 2, and the eleventh installment in the Battlefield franchise. The PC release is exclusive to EA's Origin platform.

http://www.ea.com/battlefield3

SERVERS
We have 2 servers up for the Penny Arcade Community to use. The servers are rather unstable this early in the game. Though your stats will be saved, be prepared for either server to crash. Expect some lag on some maps.

Download this user script to get auto-join functionality if the server is full.
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/116535

Penny Arcade: The Angry Dome
b_560_95_1.png
Penny Arcade: The Chamber of Understanding
b_560_95_1.png

PICTURES!

Gameplay Trailers!

It looks really great. It took 6 years but we finally have a proper sequel to Battlefield 2 and it happens to look amazing. The graphics and animation are all a step above any competition and the shooty bits look fun as hell. Can't wait!

That_Guy on

• Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    I am going to play on the Chamber for a while. Why don't you join me?

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    If you've applied to the 103rd and haven't been accepted post here or PM me and i'll accept as soon as I see it.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Due to the state of the online community, regardless of platform, this remains very very relevant.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGqy-1cfqeI

Support: Okay, see this gun? This is my life! Ammo is not my responsibility!

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    [trite post about new thread smell and blue dots]

EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    I just want to find a server that will let me easily grind out 7 more MCOM attacker ribbons. :(

Squad Rush only has two MCOM stations per map so that isn't even an option.

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    I look forward to absorbing many more bullets from fellow PA'ers in the future. Even for terrible players, this game can be very fun.

• Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    so you cant defib kill this time?

• Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Taranis wrote:
    I just want to find a server that will let me easily grind out 7 more MCOM attacker ribbons. :(

Squad Rush only has two MCOM stations per map so that isn't even an option.

It's weird, in BC2 I was all about arming / disarming MCOMs. Did it a ton, had plenty of attacker / defender pins. In this game however, I find myself trying to protect my teammates while they arm / disarm a lot more than trying to get in there and arm/disarm myself. Doubt I'll ever get the attacker ribbon :?

*Keeps Playing Conquest*

Shade wrote:
    You can, but it either requires multiple hits, or hitting them in just the right spot.

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    ConstrictorConstrictor The Dork Knight SuburbialandRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Pajama_ManPajama_Man Registered User regular

You can. It just there's apparently a sweet spot somewhere.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Pajama_Man wrote:

Your guy cursing up a storm when using it is the best.

LIVE you piece of shit!

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    CarbonFire wrote:
    lu tze wrote:
    Basil wrote:
    It's all about proactively leveraging your core competencies to better interface with a dynamic market that responds reactively to the efforts of local entrepreneurs! By synergistically applying a can-do attitude and go-getter enthusiasm I can take advantage of the opportunities afforded by foreign investors and practice my skill set where it counts.
    Individually, I know what all of these words mean... but when my brain tries to parse the paragraph as a whole, I get nothing.

Well, nothing except an unremitting hatred for the human race.
    Sounds like someone needs to shift their paradigms ;-)

I just about choked laughing. <3

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Has anyone posted this yet?

Didn't see it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_JIKrjs5IY

James bond meets battlefield.

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    New thread smell.

Sweet

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Man the 360 version doesnt have the awesome base jump. Seems like something they shouldve kept in that map!

616610-1.png
  • Options
    So I think I figured out why my controls occasionally stop responding while flying choppers: the dreaded key jamming!

I have never had a problem with it until BF3. Guess I'm just hitting too many keys at once.

Time to go shopping for a decent mechanical keyboard I suppose $$$$ :?

• Options
    AhiMahiAhiMahi Registered User regular
    Disrupter wrote:
    Man the 360 version doesnt have the awesome base jump. Seems like something they shouldve kept in that map!

???

Damavand Peak for xbox has same base jump stage.

• Options
    Disrupter wrote:

Sure you're playing Damavand Peak RUSH?

• Options
    Arsenic CanaryArsenic Canary A Whirlwind of Joy Registered User regular
    I'm still trying to figure out how to use the IR Smoke grenades in vehicles.

Can anyone help enlighten me?

Steam: arsenic_canary
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Pajama_Man wrote:

unlockables for the Defib? I'm not sure it needs an IR scope...

• Options
    Doctor DeimosDoctor Deimos Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    So when Hurricane Irene hit my area it knocked out two NYSEG substations. Octsnowberstorm 2011 apparently knocked out thirteen, so I won't be in the video game for a while.

Also, James Bond video: holy shit.

Doctor Deimos on
  • Options
    MistaCreepyMistaCreepy Registered User regular
    This game still owns my soul. The damn PA servers are always either empty or full.

PS3: MistaCreepy::Steam: MistaCreepy::360: Dead and I don't feel like paying to fix it.
  • Options
    JyrenBJyrenB St. AugustineRegistered User regular
    Something I learned playing on The Angry Dome last night.

If you are in the AA tank and take out two jets and harass other flying things/not flying things, everyone will hunt you. It was like all the tanks and jets and choppers came at me at once after a few minutes.

osasbutton.png
    XBL: JyrenB ; Steam: Jyren ; Twitter
  • Options
    MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular

it's X on PC

• Options
    Arsenic CanaryArsenic Canary A Whirlwind of Joy Registered User regular
    Awesome, thanks so much!

Steam: arsenic_canary
  • Options
    MugaazMugaaz Registered User regular
    Saw a video of guy flying his helicopter up into the air after getting harrased by a jet, bails, pulls out anti air weapon, locks on, shoots jet, reenters helicopter in midair. Realism is overrated, that was badass.

• Options
    noweatnoweat Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote:
    If you've applied to the 103rd and haven't been accepted post here or PM me and i'll accept as soon as I see it.

Applied, origin name is noweat as well.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RobesRobes Registered User regular
    JyrenB wrote:

If you are in the AA tank and take out two jets and harass other flying things/not flying things, everyone will hunt you. It was like all the tanks and jets and choppers came at me at once after a few minutes.

The AA gun is a beast. That giant minigun tears through everything

"Wait" he says... do I look like a waiter?
  • Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular

Its X on PC.

• Options
    kildykildy Registered User regular
    AA tank vs 3 actual tanks: AA tank WINS.

Seriously, that thing is absolutely brutal.

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Oh I never played Rush outside of beta, so I incorrectly assumed the base jump was gone! All is right with the world!

Where the HECK is the AA tank? I literally try to find it in every map with air units and cant do so!

616610-1.png
  • Options
    Robes wrote:
    JyrenB wrote:

You can even use the tunguska to take out tanks. The thing is seriously overpowered and its awesome.

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Except its a pain in the ass to actually hits jets with it

That's just my inexperience talking although I do have better luck flying at 10000 km/h with the jets minigun so go figure

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    JyrenBJyrenB St. AugustineRegistered User regular
    emp123 wrote:
    Robes wrote:
    JyrenB wrote:

You can even use the tunguska to take out tanks. The thing is seriously overpowered and its awesome.

Yeah, I got a tank and a couple guys in the stretch I was using it on Operation Firestorm. It was after that when the entire enemy team decided I was to be ended.

As fun as it is taking jets/choppers/tanks/snipers/everyone down, it probably does need to be toned down a bit.

osasbutton.png
    XBL: JyrenB ; Steam: Jyren ; Twitter
  • Options
    JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    About jet rocket pods from the last thread: they disable tanks in one full volley if you get them from behind. It really makes jets more useful after you're done clearing the skies, since now you can help your engineers on the ground. Without them or guided missiles you're just floating around until the next enemy air vehicle takes off since the jet gatling gun doesn't do much to armor (the A-10/Frogfoot cannons wreck stuff though).

Jephery on
    }
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • Options
    Love the AA vehicle.

I think it's just perfect as is.

The heatseekers do fuck all, so the main gun NEEDS to be overpowered to be worth it.

And it does not beat a tank in a 1v1 straight fight. If you get the drop from behind it probably does, but if you see each other at the same time, the tank should win.

• Options
    Jephery wrote:
    About jet rocket pods from the last thread: they disable tanks in one full volley if you get them from behind. It really makes jets more useful after you're done clearing the skies, since now you can help your engineers on the ground.

Yeah, I just think it sucks that its 14ish rockets to disable and another 14ish to completely destroy. Meanwhile between reloads youre flying around praying you dont run into an invisible, invincible tower or shot down by a jet/helicopter/AA or that the tank doesnt get blown up by someone else. Oh well, at least you get 100 for the disable and whatever for the kill assist.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    The tank SHOULD win, but my experience has been that most tankers have trouble hitting on the move. Due to the rate of fire and raw speed on the AA vehicles, they do not have the same issue.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    More tank drivers should learn to hit the tanks at the underside of their armor to take them out with 2 shots like I do.

I got called a "cheater" yesterday for killing 3 tanks with 2 shots each.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg