As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

AusPAX 2013 Planning UNDERWAY! Remember to register your interest! (Check OP)

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    We can also go rock climbing.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    That will be you and Flay and Alex. And me, probably.

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote:
    Plus we do use this thread to plan get-togethers in the country, along with the mega massive one that I think we've all agreed will probably happen once every year and a half or so, mostly depending on who plans what.
    Fishman wrote:
    It's good to have a place where we can talk about Southern-hemisphere shit, too.

Culturally, politically, current events and seasonal weather. All that BBQs, FIGJAM drop bear stuff that was in the last thread title. There's a lot of stuff we have in common and would like to talk about that isn't really big enough for it's own thread and would be completely isolated from interest or frame of reference from a North American forumer, but there's just enough of it to sustain a constant flow of discussion about our corner of the globe.

I mean, I think pretty much all of this stuff was true about Seattle threads. But I wasn't actually looking for defensive responses. I was making a joke. I had no problem with Seattle threads.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    had a quick google

we should probably just book this in right now: http://www.stayz.com.au/23543

pimp

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Vivixenne wrote:
    Plus we do use this thread to plan get-togethers in the country, along with the mega massive one that I think we've all agreed will probably happen once every year and a half or so, mostly depending on who plans what.
    Fishman wrote:
    It's good to have a place where we can talk about Southern-hemisphere shit, too.

Culturally, politically, current events and seasonal weather. All that BBQs, FIGJAM drop bear stuff that was in the last thread title. There's a lot of stuff we have in common and would like to talk about that isn't really big enough for it's own thread and would be completely isolated from interest or frame of reference from a North American forumer, but there's just enough of it to sustain a constant flow of discussion about our corner of the globe.

I mean, I think pretty much all of this stuff was true about Seattle threads. But I wasn't actually looking for defensive responses. I was making a joke. I had no problem with Seattle threads.

s'fair enough, bro

we probably responded the way we did because we wonder how many people (including mods) see this thread and roll their eyes at us

I didn't mind Seattle threads either, I just never went in them, and I have NO IDEA how they became the "thing" that they did.

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    No Annie. We must fight.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    also I vote 2015 to be somewhere in New Zealand

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    I thought 2012 was gonna be newzealand

I a not up to date

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    I guess I'm not very up on forum drama these days, why are seattle threads bad? Or something.

• Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    Blake tell me about YOUR TAILOR

I bought two pairs of slacks the other week. Tried on one pair, fit perfectly. Didn't like the other colours so the guy showed me some of the stuff in the catalogue, I picked one and he ordered it.

I pick up both pairs a few days later. I don't wear the second pair for about a week, but when I do they feel tight. But when I look at the tag, it's the exact same size and as far as I can tell the same style.

????!!!??!!????

• Options
    I thought 2012 was gonna be newzealand

I a not up to date

it very well could be!

we have not actually had a vote yet!

• Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote:
    No Annie. We must fight.

I mean, I get the whole inferiority complex thing, because of how terrible your politics, geography, climate, cuisine, language, visual art, music, cars, women, public figures, literature, guitar amplifier manufacturers, and beer are.

• Options
    LaCabra wrote:
    I guess I'm not very up on forum drama these days, why are seattle threads bad? Or something.

it was from a while back, 2-3 years now I think

but people apparently got real shitty at Seattle threads for some reason and called it "cliquey" and other some silliness

I thought it was because people were hanging out and other people got mad cuz they couldn't be there to hang out... or something

I dunno

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Blake T wrote:
    No Annie. We must fight.

I mean, I get the whole inferiority complex thing, because of how terrible your politics, geography, climate, cuisine, language, visual art, music, cars, women, public figures, literature, guitar amplifier manufacturers, and beer are.
    That's a long list, but see the only item on it that Aussies would even care to fight about is the very last one.

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    STRAYAN FO BEEEEE-EH

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    What? No. Our cars and women are WAY better...

• Options
    Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote:

Hey I'll give rock climbing a go.

Or do you mean like "real" rock climbing on "real" rocks? If there are harnesses involved then yeah sure why not.

• Options
    it will be "real" on "real" rocks and yes there would be harnesses involved

more than likely I'll just be belaying while Blake does the lead climb

• Options
    edited November 2011

Vivixenne wrote:

Hey I'll give rock climbing a go.

Or do you mean like "real" rock climbing on "real" rocks? If there are harnesses involved then yeah sure why not.
    As opposed to that fake rock that almost got me fired....

There are quite a few crags at willy's that are only 10-15m high that I can set up at the top and just rap down and people can top rope from. But I mean if you are keen to free solo Bart that's cool too.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    How high up do these so-called "rocks" go?

edit: oh ok I see 10-15m. I can probably handle that without breaking down and crying.

I am pretty happy to admit that I will never be extreme enough to free solo.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    YOU FUCKIN TAKE THAT SHIT BACK ABOUT AUSTRALIAN AMPS

• Options
    Last time I took viv to willy's she yelled at me because she thought she was going to die.

• Options
    I was scared and you were not being very reassuring

sulk

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote:
    YOU FUCKIN TAKE THAT SHIT BACK ABOUT AUSTRALIAN AMPS

There is an Australian guitar amp manufacturer?

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Pauline Hanson is a stellar example of a public figure

no matter how much we try

we just can't keep her out of the public eye

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    Vivixenne wrote:
    I was scared and you were not being very reassuring

sulk
    I told you it was safe! What else did you want me to do!

• Options
    Vivixenne wrote:
    Pauline Hanson is a stellar example of a public figure

no matter how much we try

we just can't keep her out of the public eye

She is out of my eye.

I just keep changing the channel when she is on.

• Options
    She still manages to get her face on television? She's been irrelevant since the late 90's.

• Options
  • Options
    20 to 1.

Where B listers go to die and tell people their opinions.

• Options
    She still manages to get her face on television? She's been irrelevant since the late 90's.

Yeah she just spouts off something racist/controversial and the media gobbles it up.

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Heck yes the more international people that come to auspax the better, says I.

Also hey guys if I do end buying this holiday house in Margaret river, we'll have to use it for auspax for sure

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular

Yeah she just spouts off something racist/controversial and the media gobbles it up.

She's on some kind of Australian apprentice or something?

That whole One Nation thing was such an embarrassing part of our political history

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    See, I found it funny cause she was kicked out of her own party.

It's really not as bad as it seems. You need to remember that Pauline Hanson has never been voted into any parliament any where due to her views. She originally took her seat in the lower house on a liberal ticket and went independent immediately. Founded one nation, lost the next election for her seat and then got kicked out.

• Options
    Worst comes to worst, we just blame Queensland.

Not pipe though, he couldn't vote back then.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Tef wrote:

Also hey guys if I do end buying this holiday house in Margaret river, we'll have to use it for auspax for sure

cool, that is awesome of you to offer

mostly my concerns would be around the size and its location relevant to other things in Margaret River

we might end up needing more than one house anyway

it's hard to get by without a car but the closer to the beach it is, the better

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    The difficulty with margs is that unlike Byron. Margs is far more of a region than a town and getting multiple places close together can be difficult.

• Options
    Plus the town itself is a small trip out from the beach.

• Options
    Tef wrote:

The shit? I want your job.

This discussion has been closed.