As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's talk about Giant Bomb! DROBOT IS SKYLANDER OF THE YEAR

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    man as long as I get more sketchy main character images from that game its a 10/10 as far as I'm concerned, they were so great

hotel_dusk3.jpg

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    Final podcast is out, and color me disappointed in the final choice that is not trackmania. Dubstep ghost fighting wizard brad is the best thing.
    ugh... the busted ass ps3 port really makes me hate these skyrim choices. One day i might be able to play it, but not until it actually works.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Since this is the unofficial Ghost Trick thread, ALERT ALERT ALERT GHOST TRICK IS 15 DOLLARS ON AMAZON AGAIN

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    FugaFuga Registered User regular
    oh god it's over 100mb and 4 hours

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote:
    Since this is the unofficial Ghost Trick thread, ALERT ALERT ALERT GHOST TRICK IS 15 DOLLARS ON AMAZON AGAIN

If I only had money now :/

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    huh, did not call their number three in the top ten. knew it was going to be there but not in 3.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Can someone post the top ten, can't really get to it from my phone

• Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Can someone post the top ten, can't really get to it from my phone

in ascending order

Rayman Origins
    LA Noir
    Gears 3
    Batman: Arkham City
    Witcher 2 - in what is the best presentation of a #6 with ghost dubstep battle
    Dead Space 2
    Portal 2
    Bastion
    Saints Row the Third
    Skyrim

With the big surprises at 5 and 6

Barcardi on
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Saints Row the Third is the true number one

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Kinda can't believe that Skyrim got it

Three of the five put it at #1 in their personal top ten, and they all had it

Two of them didn't even consider Skyrim one of their top ten!

If I didn't know Giant Bomb better I'd say it was a shot at making a "legitimate" and safe number one choice (as they've done in years past; GTAIV, Uncharted 2 and Mass Effect 2). I'm guessing the real reason is Brad filibustered the whole thing again. Definitely need to listen to that podcast

EDIT: Not saying that Skyrim might not deserve it, it's just...with everything presented so far from the Giant Bomb crew, it doesn't really fit as their #1 choice.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    That's a pretty good list. I wish Portal was a little higher, but it's tough to argue with ehst they put in front of it. Turned out to be a pretty good year for games, all things considered

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If I found Dead Space 1 to be really lifeless and dull, would DS2 change my mind?

EDIT: This question actually applies to Rayman as well. I guess I could try the demo for that one though.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    If I found Dead Space 1 to be really lifeless and dull, would DS2 change my mind?

I liked it. Especially with the secondary characters.

The environments haven't changed a lot, if that was what contributed to your opinion on the first one. But the story's a little better, so I'd say at least give it a try.

• Options
    It was such a great playing and looking and controlling game, but yeah, the environments were super dull, and the character design of the enemies was roundly awful

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    can't believe dark souls didn't get in there, especially if witcher 2 is in there.

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    God i love Dark Souls... probably my GOTY but im gonna have to put it down after this NG++++++ or whatever i am at.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    can't believe dark souls didn't get in there, especially if witcher 2 is in there.
    Vinny was the only one who really liked Dark Souls and Jeff outright hates it

Vinny also loved Witcher 2 but Ryan and Jeff, maybe Brad too I can't remember, also played it and enjoyed what they saw

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    oh well, goty in my heart

also in my heart i wanted xenoblade to be up there but that was never gonna happen

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    damnit you were all doing so well at spoilering those things

• Options
    Patrick's list is hilarious.

I bet Jeff will never forgive him for number two.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Helpless RockHelpless Rock Registered User regular
    Oh god this podcast is 4 hours long.

WT83sWz.jpg
    Steam: Car1gt // Tumblr // Facebook // Twitter
  • Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular

EDIT: This question actually applies to Rayman as well. I guess I could try the demo for that one though.

No, for Dead Space. It's the same game, with more focus on action. It's better, but it's just more Dead Space.

• Options

No, for Dead Space. It's the same game, with more focus on action. It's better, but it's just more Dead Space.

I would counter this because I think Dead Space 2 is fantastic

but Dead Space and Dead Space 2 are very different games

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Great, so they picked a game that isn't fun simply because it has the most content. Brilliant.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Just finished podcast.

God fucking dammit.

Jeff just caved in at the end, Vinny (my BROTHER) defiant to the last, Ryan didn't give a shit. Ugh. Another Shoemaker filibuster rewarded. I would be mad at him but I know by now that he and I are exact polar opposites and I tend to hate everything he loves.

• Options
    all the rampant SR3 praise is getting to me, I thought it was cool and had some crazy sequences, but outside of that I was saying to myself "why am I playing this if Just Cause 2 exists"

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    all the rampant SR3 praise is getting to me, I thought it was cool and had some crazy sequences, but outside of that I was saying to myself "why am I playing this if Just Cause 2 exists"

Because Just Cause 2 doesn't have all that power

• Options
    reVerse wrote:
    Great, so they picked a game that isn't fun simply because it has the most content. Brilliant.

oh calm down

• Options
    maybe my opinions are a bit skewed, as I'm playing JC2 on the computer, with mods for every vehicle for 1 buck on the black market, 2km grappling hook, and multihook

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    sigh

dammit

well, we know who really won

still can't wait to listen to the podcast!

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I love patrick as the disembodied spirit of dubstep

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    They cut MK due to being broken online when it first launched. I'm just going to leave that statement there while we all gaze at what's # 1.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    ... a game that I played 15+ hours of before a single patch came out?

• Options
    reVerse wrote:
    Yes because it isn't widely beloved and acclaimed for being a really great game at all

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Having played JC2 and SR3

Saint's is so much better it isn't even funny

Just Cause is insane but the story itself is cliche boring bullshit. All of the insanity is player-created

Saint's Row has the player created element but also features an amazing campaign. Plus the driving controls are so much better

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    I've never had any problems with Skyrim, for the 30 or so hours I've played. Guess my experience must be bullshit.

• Options
    I've never had any problems with Skyrim, for the 30 or so hours I've played. Guess my experience must be bullshit.

Also you didn't have any fun.

• Options
    Not to mention that "Most does not equal best" has been brought up almost every single day of the GotY podcasts this year

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I am so sad that Deus Ex didn't make the top ten

That game has some of the best dialogue in any game I've played

At least Jeff and Patrick liked it...

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Olivaw wrote:
    I am so sad that Deus Ex didn't make the top ten

That game has some of the best dialogue in any game I've played

At least Jeff and Patrick liked it...

I wish I had an up-to-date PC. $17 on Steam is stupid cheap.

This discussion has been closed.