As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Skyrim] & [The Elder Scrolls] Please post in new thread.

• Options
    technicaltechnical Registered User regular
    vegeta_666 wrote:
    I caved and used a European VPN... currently decrypting!

Which one?

3DS FC: 3050-8986-0512

PSN: technical_ta
  • Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    Scosglen wrote:
    Alright I give up. If anyone has info and instructions for an assie or euro VPN I would be very thankful.

http://cyberghostvpn.com/en/surf-anonym.html

It's free and uses a Germany VPN.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    technicaltechnical Registered User regular
    Nice thanks.

3DS FC: 3050-8986-0512

PSN: technical_ta
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Can you really not hotkey things in this game?

So mages are basically unplayable

• Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    This game is soooooo good. Still very, very early on but I'm loving everything they are doing. Can't wait to lose days upon days to this game.
    I love have I already have a familiar summon. I was sure it would take a long time before I could start summoning, but nope, first spell

Very minor power spoiler above.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular

yes, you can.

set them to a favorite, and then when you pull up the favorite list you can push a number to make it correspond to what you selected.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular

I've heard there are. When I try to re bind a key to a number key it tells me those keys are reserved.

All you have to do is favorite whatever spell or item you want and hit Q. It brings up a little menu that you can use to quickly select what you want to use.

It works really well.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    Grove wrote:
    This game is soooooo good. Still very, very early on but I'm loving everything they are doing. Can't wait to lose days upon days to this game.
    I love have I already have a familiar summon. I was sure it would take a long time before I could start summoning, but nope, first spell

which one did you get? I found a reanimate dead spell in the very first town, I've been bringing bandits back to life and then practicing my skills on them, haha.[/spoilers]

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    ShurakaiShurakai Registered User regular
    Macro9 wrote:

I've heard there are. When I try to re bind a key to a number key it tells me those keys are reserved.

All you have to do is favorite whatever spell or item you want and hit Q. It brings up a little menu that you can use to quickly select what you want to use.

It works really well.

What is the button to favorite something? In the items menu, it says "F". In the Help section, it says "T". When I play the game, neither work, and the Q button does nothing either.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Grove wrote:
    SniperGuy wrote:
    Vi Monks wrote:
    Okay, I have an account for VPNSecure that I am willing to share. My only condition is that whoever gets the info from me uses it and then makes a post here, passing it along to someone else. Pay it forward, classy gents. First to PM me gets to start.

Did we confirm whether or not this is dangerous to one's steam account yet?

Come on Sniper, got get you playing too!

I know! I'm gonna run a quick format and see if I'm feeling up to trying it afterwards.

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Kamar wrote:
    Gonna repeat this question, since I didn't get much in the way of response the first time:

So, I never enjoyed Oblivion because all the mods in the world couldn't fix the fact that my character felt detached from everything. He was just my faceless avatar moving through the world killing shit instead of a character pulled into things and shaped by my decisions. So how is Skyrim on that front?

(For that matter, how is Morrowind about that? I wouldn't mind going a bit retro for a good game.)

Then you wont like this game (or Morrorwind, Or Fallout 3 or Fallout New Vegas. . .etc). Bethesda makes game worlds. If you're interested in investing in your character, I would stick with Bioware fare.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    Shurakai wrote:
    Macro9 wrote:

It works really well.

What is the button to favorite something? In the items menu, it says "F". In the Help section, it says "T". When I play the game, neither work, and the Q button does nothing either.

you press F when you have an item highlighted or your mouse over it in the inventory.

If that doesn't work, you're either not using default settings or you have a bug.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    HewnHewn Registered User regular
    ED! wrote:
    Kamar wrote:
    Gonna repeat this question, since I didn't get much in the way of response the first time:

So, I never enjoyed Oblivion because all the mods in the world couldn't fix the fact that my character felt detached from everything. He was just my faceless avatar moving through the world killing shit instead of a character pulled into things and shaped by my decisions. So how is Skyrim on that front?

(For that matter, how is Morrowind about that? I wouldn't mind going a bit retro for a good game.)

Then you wont like this game (or Morrorwind, Or Fallout 3 or Fallout New Vegas. . .etc). Bethesda makes game worlds. If you're interested in investing in your character, I would stick with Bioware fare.

I agree. The point of Elder Scrolls is to craft your own story. You fill in the gaps by living it. Although I would say Fallout 3 actually pinned you to a cohesive narrative involving your father. No matter what you did in the world, you still felt bound to that story and background. But New Vegas is TOTALLY open ended. You decide everything, including your allegiances.

Steam: hewn
    Warframe: TheBaconDwarf
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    So the pre-order map isn't really impressive at all after watching some videos of it. I'm buying the game from GMG right now, saving almost $15 and getting to play it 6 hours earlier! Awesome.

• Options
    AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Frei wrote:
    Grove wrote:

which one did you get? I found a reanimate dead spell in the very first town, I've been bringing bandits back to life and then practicing my skills on them, haha.[/spoilers]

We don't need to hear about your necrophelia.

Astale on
  • Options
    Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    Heisenberg wrote:
    So the pre-order map isn't really impressive at all after watching some videos of it. I'm buying the game from GMG right now, saving almost $15 and getting to play it 6 hours earlier! Awesome.

I like the pre order map.

Probably not worth $15 though.

• Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    New Vegas wasn't Bethesda's though was it?

• Options
    AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Bethesda's license, Obsidian's work.

With some code work done between I imagine.

(fallout3/falloutNV were both great games in their own right, so whatev really)

Astale on
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    Actually New Vegas is a much better game than Fallout 3 story wise and I'm sure that's everything to do with the fact that Bethesda didn't make it.

I still love me Bethesda games but they are not exactly the best story crafters

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    vegeta_666 wrote:
    Scosglen wrote:
    Alright I give up. If anyone has info and instructions for an assie or euro VPN I would be very thankful.

I am decrypting right now, thanks to you good sir.

• Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Frei wrote:
    Grove wrote:

as soon as I could take control of my character in the keep I had a conjure familiar spell. it's a wolf!

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    so has everybody with a GMG order gotten their key but me? weird

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    ShurakaiShurakai Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Frei wrote:
    Shurakai wrote:

you press F when you have an item highlighted or your mouse over it in the inventory.

If that doesn't work, you're either not using default settings or you have a bug.

... Well, I reset my settings to default, and that fixed it. Looks like the console-itis is strong with Skyrim.. Some keyboard shortcuts are double or triple bound. I changed my Third Person/First person button to M3, and it completely disabled favorites.

I had this happen with other button mapping settings as well, so be warned, people that like customization.. Skyrim doesn't seem to like you fiddling too much.

Shurakai on
  • Options
    SuperdupeSuperdupe Registered User regular
    Just wanted to say I'm back from my quick trip to Australia courtesy of VI Monks. If anyone wants to discuss my trip send me a PM in the next 5 min or so. That's about as long as I can hold out on playing this game and disappearing forever.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WolfprintWolfprint Registered User regular
    Klyka wrote:
    Banzai5150 wrote:

Try this?

Using Steam launch options to install retail games from disc

Right-click on the game, select Delete local content, and confirm.
    Insert the first disc into your computer.
    Close Steam (Steam > Exit).
    Press Windows Key + R to open Run
    In the Run window type:

"C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -install E:

Replace E: with the CD/DVD drive you are installing from if is not correct.
    Replace C:\Program Files\Steam if your Steam installation is not in the default location.
    Press OK. Steam will launch and ask you to sign in if you do not have your password saved. Your installation should continue from the disc.

I just sent him that as a PM.

Hi 5

This comes a little late, but thanks guys. Can't really try that now, but I can feel the lurve.

• Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    Shurakai wrote:
    ... Well, I reset my settings to default, and that fixed it. Looks like the console-itis is strong with Skyrim.. Some keyboard shortcuts are double or triple bound. I changed my Third Person/First person button to M3, and it completely disabled favorites.

I had this happen with other button mapping settings as well, so be warned, people that like customization.. Skyrim doesn't seem to like you fiddling too much.

As a lefty who has little choice but to re-bind all my keys, this disturbs me. Sure, I have a 360 controller, but I had no plans to actually use it to play Skyrim...I guess that might change.

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Options
    chrpnkchrpnk Registered User regular
    I love the Bethesda Insiders site for retail employees. They already put up Skyrim for PC on the rewards page, pre-loading now. Yay free games!

• Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Hardtarget wrote:
    so has everybody with a GMG order gotten their key but me? weird

It gives you a key on the screen immediately following the purchase.

Heisenberg on
  • Options
    I'm guessing this is some sort of bug, can't be intentional.

For some reason, I have two arrows in my body that have been there for more than an hour real time. I've tried doing the Oblivion thing where you de-equip and equip your arrows, I've tried dropping them, tried resting, tried removing armor, tried reloading, etc. As cool as it looks for me to have an arrow sticking out of my eye, I, uh, don't want it there forever.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    Working as intended. Part of your character's history now, permanent eye-arrows.

• Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    chrpnk wrote:
    I love the Bethesda Insiders site for retail employees. They already put up Skyrim for PC on the rewards page, pre-loading now. Yay free games!

Same here! Really very generous of them. I thought they would put it up 1-2 weeks after release, so it was a great surprise this afternoon. Seemed like they wanted everyone to be able to get it, what with adding all those 10 XP questions yesterday.

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Shurakai wrote:
    Macro9 wrote:

It works really well.

I had the same problem. I went into the help menu and looked up the favorites and it told me to use Z on something in my inventory. That worked and I was able to use Q to bring up the menu.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Jesus christ. . .these zombies with long swords were fucking me up. I kept getting trapped, and they kept sniping me with the long reach of those things - toss in a mage user and I died a couple of times (on highest difficulty setting). Finally had the genius idea to:
    Get the enemies to run over a trap that reset itself; killed the bunch of them in one swing.

Also, if you see red/purplish goo on the ground, don't use your fire spell!

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    Hoz wrote:
    vegeta_666 wrote:
    Scosglen wrote:

remind me, where do we put in the ip address?

PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    Hoz wrote:
    vegeta_666 wrote:
    Scosglen wrote:

This is awesome :^:

ECOED.jpg
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote:
    Son of a... I didn't realize Amazon was shipping the collectors edition in its own box with a little sticker attached for the address and receipt. Oh well, here's to hoping it arrives in one piece to the office and the secretaries don't laugh at me too much for the big fantasy reborn on it.

That's...that's pretty damned stupid for a collector item where a fair number of people may be concerned about preserving the condition of the box.

This irks me as well. I don't want some crooked postal worker to swipe my package.

• Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    So has anyone snagged this on PS3 early? Can you comment on the game's stability?

The fact that no one I know of has reviewed this game on PS3 makes me a little nervous.

mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    No, I really enjoyed New Vegas and Fallout 3. NV more than 3, tbh.

Maybe the problem was more that the Oblivion world wasn't able to make me give a shit about it?

• Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote:
    Rizzi wrote:
    Rizzi wrote:
    So, I just went in to the Eldergleam Sanctuary.
    Did anyone else get weird green flickering in there?

Anyone? Really hoping that I'm not about to need a new video card.

I think I've just gotten a quest to go there.
    I'll check it out tomorrow possibly and tell you how it looks for me.

Would appreciate it.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM
    2011-11-11_00003.jpg

Tasty nords can't stand up to my werewolf execution animation

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
This discussion has been closed.