As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Skyrim] & [The Elder Scrolls] Please post in new thread.

• Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Now I have to decide between my Orc walking tank giant fuck-off club and shield warrior and my snooty Imperial wizard who can shoot fireballs from both hands.

• Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    Lawndart wrote:
    Now I have to decide between my Orc walking tank giant fuck-off club and shield warrior and my snooty Imperial wizard who can shoot fireballs from both hands.

Wizard, because an orc that doesn't go two handed isn't an orc ,he is a little girly man.

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    Lawndart wrote:

I shoot sith lightning at people until I run out of Magicka.

Then I hit them over the head with my axe.

Its the best of both worlds.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    So is this worth getting at launch?

• Options
    SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    ok so silly question, probably being an idiot, but how exactly do I close out of a body loot screen? I can bring it up by searching a body but cant figure out how to close it unless I "take all".

• Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    Sceptre wrote:
    ok so silly question, probably being an idiot, but how exactly do I close out of a body loot screen? I can bring it up by searching a body but cant figure out how to close it unless I "take all".

Tab.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    For what's it's worth, I've got an ATI/AMD card and I haven't had any framerate issues.

Running an i5 quad core, 8gb ram, and Radeon 6970

Skyrim auto-set everything to ultra high.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    I guess I can play it on high?
    Full on AA and AF?
    LOL

That was my reaction too. After trying to just turn the AA and AF down, and change my resolution I just went down to Medium. Gonna push the draw distance shit back up though, can't have shit just popping into existence in front of me.

Mind, the reason for this is because I've got some shitty cards in terms of how hot they get, normally it's not them overheating, so my fans sound like a god damn jet if I try to play on High.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    vegeta_666 wrote:
    Sceptre wrote:

Tab.

I had the same issue too.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ClevingerClevinger Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Does anyone know how on PC to rotate an item's model in the inventory? I thought I saw one of the developers do it in the video demo on 360, but I have no idea how to do it on PC. Thanks.

Clevinger on
  • Options
    Heir wrote:
    vegeta_666 wrote:
    Sceptre wrote:

Tab.

I had the same issue too.

Me too. I also keep having the issue of equipping things in the wrong hand. When I'm actually fighting I need LMB to be my right hand and vice versa, but when I'm actually equipping stuff I always screw it up.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    Clevinger wrote:
    Does anyone know how on PC to rotate an item's model in the inventory? I thought I saw one of the developers do it in the video demo on 360, but I have no idea how to do it on PC. Thanks.

>_>...

Left click on model, move mouse around.

• Options
    Those already playing, I have the quest to talk to Gerda in Riverwood (not a spoiler as its literally the first quest in the game), I talk to her and am unable to apparently move on that quest? I used every conversation option. Is that normal? or is my game bugged?

I had this issue. Talk to her again and it seems to work.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    MarsMars Registered User regular
    You know, in hindsight, it's actually pretty obvious
    that werewolves are in. Tonight is the full moon.

awoooo

• Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    Heir wrote:
    For what's it's worth, I've got an ATI/AMD card and I haven't had any framerate issues.

What drivers are you using?

• Options
    ClevingerClevinger Registered User regular
    Arthil wrote:
    Clevinger wrote:

>_>...

Left click on model, move mouse around.

Doesn't work for me. I guess it's a bug. :(

• Options
    Rizzi wrote:
    Heir wrote:

What drivers are you using?

I just built this PC last weekend so I assume they're pretty recent.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    I started a heavy-armor 1h/shield Nord. The game feels a lot better than with my mage. Way less obnoxious spell switching, and the melee combat feels right.

Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    Hmm, I can't believe they made a UI that is actually worse than Oblivion's.

}
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Mahnmut wrote:
    I started a heavy-armor 1h/shield Nord. The game feels a lot better than with my mage. Way less obnoxious spell switching, and the melee combat feels right.

It really does. Though I also find a Spellsword is a good balance between the two. Spell+Weapon if on the offensive, Spell+Shield if on the Defensive.
    Jephery wrote:

I actually quite like this UI way better than Oblivion's.

vegeta_666 on
    Sob24Nm.png
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    I dropped my Orc for a Nord "scout".

Stealth, a bow, a knife and a sword. Holy Hell.

So awesome.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    vegeta_666 wrote:
    Jephery wrote:

It has absolutely no functionality from what I can tell. Can't sort by weight, damage, value, etc. or even look at those values all together in columns.

Jephery on
    }
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • Options
    Jephery wrote:
    vegeta_666 wrote:
    Jephery wrote:

It has absolutely no functionality from what I can tell. Can't sort by weight, damage, value, etc. or even look at those values all together in columns.

I am liking the UI.

Finding it very easy to quickly swap out items and sort through them.

• Options
    walnutmonwalnutmon Registered User regular
    For the Xbox360 version, does anyone else think it looks ... Impaired? I know there is an optional install; Is it like bf3 with better textures from the install.

I could check... Twitter.... Or play more skyim. I think I'll play skyrim :-)

xbox: jmbizzo | ps3: walnutmon | steam: walnutmon | SC2: walnutmon.591
  • Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    Yeah. I'm not a fan of the lists. I mean, it would be cool if it were an option, but I liked Oblivion's inventory and all that much more.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    And the skill menu, while pretty, is horribly nonfunctional. I should be able to quickly mouse over all of the perks instead of having to navigate through them one by one.

Jephery on
    }
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    And...Skyrim get!!!

Installing to my 360's hard drive now. Making my self a nice cup of oolong while I'm waiting, sadly there is no mead available at mi casa right now.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Let the item hoarding begin!

I hope there's a perk to increase carrying capacity because I'm such a packrat in RPGs.

Loving this game so far.

Edit: is there a way to douse torches without picking them up?

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Dual casting might be the greatest thing ever. That said, they still have made the somewhat annoying mistake of making your starting Magicka pull stupid tiny, making starting out as a pure caster rough. Casting my 60s oak skin buff once drains my entire Magicka bar :P

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    RAWR!! Installing!!

Let the marathon commence.

Edit: And yes, my PC version is installing from the disc. Painful headache averted.

Decoy on
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    walnutmon wrote:
    For the Xbox360 version, does anyone else think it looks ... Impaired? I know there is an optional install; Is it like bf3 with better textures from the install.

I don't have my Xbox 360 copy yet, but did you have to download a patch?

There's a texture bug on the Xbox 360 version when you open menus, causing textures to become low resolution and blurry. I'm hoping the day one patch fixes it.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    Dashui wrote:
    walnutmon wrote:

I don't have my Xbox 360 copy yet, but did you have to download a patch?

There's a texture bug on the Xbox 360 version when you open menus, causing textures to become low resolution and blurry. I'm hoping the day one patch fixes it.

I downloaded a patch and I haven't seen any texture bugs of that sort in the 5 hours or so I've played.

So it may have been in the patch.

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Guys, you can adjust your field of with FOV followed by a number in the console. Just thought people might like to know that.

Also, make sure you check out that reddit link so you can at least disable the wonky mouse smoothing.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Marking dungeons with a cleared subtitle on the map is such a good little idea.

Also Bosmer ranger tears shit up. Sneak around and stealth kill dudes and pull out the short blades if things get close.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    Still going to tinker with draw distance more. I don't mind the game at Medium, textures are still high and all that. Still looks so much better than Oblivion.

Was a little funny how I kept running into stuff when I just hopped on to dick around for a bit. First I see a handful of Imperial soldier's marching a lone Stormcloak along the road... first thought is, of course, to butcher the Imperials. Bit ahead I get attacked by a Skooma peddler for questioning the legality of his goods, further I find a Shrine of Talos with the worshippers slaughtered, then I randomly find a cabin in the woods that was locked with a Bandit in it.

You can experience an amazing amount of stuff in fifteen minutes.

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Arthil wrote:
    Still going to tinker with draw distance more. I don't mind the game at Medium, textures are still high and all that. Still looks so much better than Oblivion.

Was a little funny how I kept running into stuff when I just hopped on to dick around for a bit. First I see a handful of Imperial soldier's marching a lone Stormcloak along the road... first thought is, of course, to butcher the Imperials. Bit ahead I get attacked by a Skooma peddler for questioning the legality of his goods, further I find a Shrine of Talos with the worshippers slaughtered, then I randomly find a cabin in the woods that was locked with a Bandit in it.

You can experience an amazing amount of stuff in fifteen minutes.

And then Arthil actually looks at his watch and realizes he had been playing for six hours. #ElderScrollsTime

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Lord YodLord Yod Registered User regular
    Anyone know how to clear a marker you place on the map?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    spitfirekspitfirek Registered User regular
    Magic doesn't scale as well as I was hoping :cry: I just got my first fire rune which does 50 damage(WAY better than my previous 8 dps flame spell, and slightly more than the new firebolt spell I picked up at the same time) I have 40 destruction, novice and apprentice spell casting(1/2 magika cost), 25% bonus fire damage, and dual cast. Most "trash" takes 4-5 casts to kill, bosses drain 2 full magika bars IF I can kite them around w/o them 1 or 2 shotting me.

Skill in the tree doesn't see to effect the spell's damage, and the only other thing I can do is get another 25% perk when I hit 60 skill... when I will get the next rank of spells. I am not sure a pure mage was a good idea now.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HewnHewn Registered User regular
    Decoy wrote:
    Edit: And yes, my PC version is installing from the disc. Painful headache averted.

Mine isn't. No idea why. I tried a couple things, but only 30 minutes left so it's not worth fussing over now.

Steam: hewn
    Warframe: TheBaconDwarf
  • Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Just to throw out another configuration for those of you wondering how your PC would run this, the game defaulted to "high" settings and is running just fine with my 4 GB of ram, an i5 750 2.67ghz CPU, and Raedeon GTS 240 1024GB.

I figured I'd finally have to get a new video card or start running games with crappy settings around this time, good to know I was wrong still have plenty of time to wait for fancy new DX11 cards to drop in price.

Darlan on
This discussion has been closed.