As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EAST] PAX East Trading Cards 2012 (You can mail your cards again)

• Options
    zezspecszezspecs ScotlandRegistered User regular
    For my Card number, I would Like #120, and A friend of mine who isn't registered on the PA Forums (Let's call him Baledor) wants 256. If that's taken he want's 042, if that's taken he'd like another 8-bit number.

120 is yours and your friend has 256.

• Options
    LedaXILedaXI Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    I'm in again! I still have tons left over from last year, so I'll be bringing them along, too. I would like #317 again this year if it's not taken. I'll have to get back to you on the number Ikki wants, though.

• Options
    LedaXI wrote:
    I'm in again! I still have tons left over from last year, so I'll be bringing them along, too. I would like #317 again this year if it's not taken. I'll have to get back to you on the number Ikki wants, though.

317 is yours!

• Options
    King of MarsKing of Mars A freak among weirdos A city in my mindRegistered User regular
    I won't be making new ones this year, but I still have over 9000 left from last year so I'll be bringing those.

Writhe your naked ass to the mindless groove.
    twitter //
    3DS: 2492-5478-6311 // Steam & WiiU: kingofmars2099
  • Options
    TheAsianKnightTheAsianKnight Shinywoopwoop Registered User regular
    If it hasn't been taken can I have 16?
    I usually love odd numbers, but 16 seems to be haunting me this year. Every thing numbered I get (like my school text books) are labeled number 16, so I'm beginning to think this is my defining number.

I'm having such a hard time thinking of abilities.

Pax East Check List: Room [X] Registration [X] Pax Pass [X] Pokemon league Gym Leader Team [X]
    Cosplay Check List: WOOPER [X]
    WOOP WOOP!
  • Options
    UWorldsUWorlds Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    With the help of a friend (as I lack Photoshop), I have my card designs done! I'm posting it here to get some feedback on it, in case I missed anything. I plan to submit my order in a couple of weeks, once I'm sure I'm happy with the design (or in case any new badges are added in that I may want to add).

Moe Fwacky on
  • Options
    If it hasn't been taken can I have 16?
    I usually love odd numbers, but 16 seems to be haunting me this year. Every thing numbered I get (like my school text books) are labeled number 16, so I'm beginning to think this is my defining number.

I'm having such a hard time thinking of abilities.

16 is available, and it's yours. I think it's fate.

• Options
    Magpie MaydinMagpie Maydin Magpie Maydin RuneterraRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    UWorlds wrote:
    With the help of a friend (as I lack Photoshop), I have my card designs done! I'm posting it here to get some feedback on it, in case I missed anything. I plan to submit my order in a couple of weeks, once I'm sure I'm happy with the design (or in case any new badges are added in that I may want to add).

I like it! but if this your 1st PAX (as implied by your toughness) in which case why not throw in the cherry badge too? =)

Moe Fwacky on
  • Options
    UWorldsUWorlds Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Ah, I wasn't quite sure what the cherry badge was for exactly. But yeah, I'll go ahead and add it then.

EDIT: Ah, crud. I didn't realize that those files were that big (they were less than half the size before I shrank them before posting, guess I should have known better than to use Paint for that). I took down the images for the time being. I was planning on making a revisions anyway, and I'll repost the images once they have been updated (making sure they aren't too big this time).
    Sorry about that, I'll be more careful in the future.

UWorlds on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    Hey, a reminder for everybody. The maximum allowable image file size for in-line images is 500KB. This includes images behind spoilers because images behind spoilers still load in the browser.

If your image exceeds this limit, please reduce its size prior to posting.

E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    Just so I'm not messing this up, are the distances from PaxEast/Boston?

Or some other weird location meaning I don't understand.

Pax East Check List: Room [X] Registration [X] Pax Pass [X] Pokemon league Gym Leader Team [X]
    WOOP WOOP!
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yes from pax east

• Options
    So I have to agree that since there is a Twitter Icon there should be other Social networking badges too... (should we wish to include that information on our card.)
    So here's Faceboob and G+
    Faceboob.pngG%2B.png

• Options
    The_Doctor1The_Doctor1 Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I put in my order Sunday and my cards came in today. I can't wait to start trading!!!
    2yxkoqq.jpg

The_Doctor1 on
    PAX East 2014 Checklist: [X] Time off [X] Plane Ticket [X] Hotel [X] 3-Day Pass [X] BYOC Pass
  • Options
    PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    So I have to agree that since there is a Twitter Icon there should be other Social networking badges too... (should we wish to include that information on our card.)
    So here's Faceboob and G+
    Faceboob.pngG%2B.png

I can add these in, but in the past we have not included things that 99% of PAXers do, such as facebook and the forums. I feel that Google Plus already has a higher adoption rate than twitter.

• Options
    malicious nerdmalicious nerd NYRegistered User regular
    All done. :3
    295wt2x.jpg

6gge1h.jpg

PAX East 2012
    3 Day Pass: [x] // Time Off: [x] // Hotel: [x]
    Twitter: @maliciousnerd
    Gamertag: Fr3akyxAssAssIn
  • Options
    Finished mine I think
    forforum.png

What do ya'll think. I was going to have the badges in the line, but I only found 3 that have to do with me and I require symmetry XD
    So I hope that looks fine.

WOOP WOOP!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I can add these in, but in the past we have not included things that 99% of PAXers do, such as facebook and the forums. I feel that Google Plus already has a higher adoption rate than twitter.

I personally prefer G+ to Twitter or facebook, the sharing and privacy is way better organized.

Also Dave, can you add this Badge as well for League of Legends players? I will be making my announcement in the next two days for a League meet up and a Post-Pax League dinner.
    LoL1.png

Magpie Maydin on
  • Options
    I think the point of the twitter badge is that we have a pax east 2012 specific list (born from the twitter shitters). G+ sorta makes sense due to that thread and the hangout community... Most other things dont fit as well since they are much more broad spectrum.

• Options
    Template updated with new badges:

badge_facebook.png Facebook
    badge_glbtmeetup.png GLBT Meetup
    badge_gplus.png Google Plus

• Options
    KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    I just placed my order. Is it normal for it to say pending and not have charged my credit card yet?

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
  • Options
    The_Doctor1The_Doctor1 Registered User regular
    I just placed my order. Is it normal for it to say pending and not have charged my credit card yet?

Yes, they didn't charge mine until they looked at the files and sent it off to the printer (about midday last monday). I imagine they will do the same for yours.

PAX East 2014 Checklist: [X] Time off [X] Plane Ticket [X] Hotel [X] 3-Day Pass [X] BYOC Pass
  • Options
    KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    Ok, thanks. Good to know.

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
  • Options
    KoalaBro2KoalaBro2 Registered User regular
    Kablam!
    PaxEast2012_comp_Front.jpg
    PaxEast2012_comp_Back.jpg

• Options
    feitocomfrutafeitocomfruta Denver, Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    KoalaBro2 wrote:
    Kablam!
    PaxEast2012_comp_Front.jpg
    PaxEast2012_comp_Back.jpg

If you still have time to fix things, you misspelled "exhausted".

• Options
    KoalaBro2KoalaBro2 Registered User regular
    Haha, thanks. Probably didn't notice because of the hyphenated word-wrap.

• Options
    ThemiscyraThemiscyra Registered User regular
    w00t! Thanks for adding the badge, Dave.

PAX EAST 2011 Omegathon Finalist - PAX East 2012 Omeganaut
    After time adrift among open stars
    Among tides of light and to shoals of dust
    I will return to where I began
  • Options
    kitties_on_acidkitties_on_acid Registered User regular
    Definitely sign me and my boyfriend up again! We're 93 and 94. We both have a bunch leftover from last year we'll bring, but we'll also make new ones. :D

• Options
    Definitely sign me and my boyfriend up again! We're 93 and 94. We both have a bunch leftover from last year we'll bring, but we'll also make new ones. :D

You've got 93 and your boyfriend has 94.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    League of Legends badge has been added to the template.

badge_lol.png

PeasantDave on
  • Options
    CloudwalkerCloudwalker Registered User regular
    I was 343 last year, so if that's still available I'll take it again.

Token Scottish guy.

Google+ | Twitter
  • Options
    slamonellaslamonella Clue-by-Four Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Dave, Can you add the red d20 from last year to the template?

Some people are like Slinkies. They have no practical use whatsoever,
    but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
  • Options
    I was 343 last year, so if that's still available I'll take it again.

343 is yours, and you just reminded me I need to take another trek over to your side of the country again. I will be in touch!

• Options
    kitties_on_acidkitties_on_acid Registered User regular
    zezspecs wrote:

Thanks. Are we using the "R" for "revised" again this year? So my new card for this year would say "93R" for example.

• Options
    zezspecs wrote:

Thanks. Are we using the "R" for "revised" again this year? So my new card for this year would say "93R" for example.

negative, this is a new series (due to new template)

• Options
    slamonella wrote:

I don't think the red d20 was part of the template, we actually started with last year's template. If anyone has the image I can add it in though.

• Options
    feitocomfrutafeitocomfruta Denver, Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    Okay, I have my information ready to have one of you lovely arteests make my card. Who is available to do it for me?

• Options
    The AfromanThe Afroman Registered User regular
    Long time lurker! 1st PAX wondering if card 24 is taken? If so.. i would love it!

XBL//The Afroman
    PSN//The_Afroman
    Twitter//@theafroman
    Google+//http://gplus.to/TheAfroman
  • Options
    DurinthalDurinthal Registered User regular
    slamonella wrote:

I don't think the red d20 was part of the template, we actually started with last year's template. If anyone has the image I can add it in though.

It was an improvised icon that got popular. (courtesy of @Holyyakker apparently)

d20.png

• Options
    Long time lurker! 1st PAX wondering if card 24 is taken? If so.. i would love it!

24 is yours!

This discussion has been closed.