As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The all new, terribly distressing dream thread!

MateyMatey see, look how sad i amnow give me your wallet.Registered User regular
edited November 2011 in Social Entropy++
Now with smell-o-vision!

Have you ever had a disgustingly disturbing dream that you wanted to tell random strangers to?

Boy do I gotta thread for you.

If you have nice, funny dreams, share them as well.

This thread doesn't discriminate!

But I do.

Now tell me your dirty, filthy, nocturnal emission inducing nightmares

And let the world weep with shame.

Matey on

• BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    ooh, dream thread

last night I dreamed I was on a plane

on the inside were levels of lounges instead of seats

everyone got a couch and there were tvs

it was nice until I lost nine hours of my memory and woke up to the pilot telling us we had narrowly escaped a horrible death by depressuring

• DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Flying dreams are the absolute best things.

• RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    ummmmmm last night I dreamed I had the power to control elements and was being chased by a futuristic police force

also I could jump really high and when i did so, I could smell wine

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Last night I had a really disturbing sex dream.

And I woke up feeling really weird and not super-great.

Also with a cough but I'm pretty sure I can't blame that on the dream.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    ok ok

so

alright i was in my house right

but it wasn't my house

but it was

and there was this man there

and he was my dad

but it wasn't, y'know??

EzUAYcn.png
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    I used to attempt to harm myself in my sleep.

Waking up covered in bruises, scratches, bleeding, stuff like that.

I was basically afraid to sleep for a couple of years, still have trouble from time to time.

My dreams however are typically mundane.

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Had a dream when I was 4 that my mom swallowed me like a boa constrictor

I woke up when she got to my shoulders

• UlisesUlises Registered User regular
    last night i dreamed i was part of a team of math wizards supposed to save the world

but i couldn't remember any maths and thus let everybody down

• VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    a few nights ago I dreamed my family and I moved into this ginormous mansion, like every floor was its own fully functional house and I had the top floor all to myself. the ceilings were crazy tall and the kitchens were huge, and then at one point I went out onto the roof and it transitioned into DARK SOULS and I had to race this guy to his bloodstain and then there was this lady behind a locked gate talking to us and then my brother woke me up.

sometimes I have dreams that take place in the same locations, I've been trying to go back to this place because I really want to see what the rest of it looked like.

• MateyMatey see, look how sad i am now give me your wallet.Registered User regular
    When I was in bootcamp I had a dream my company commanders were the four horsemen of the apocalypse and they were brutally raping and torturing us

Apparently I was screaming and weeping all night

• Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular

Depends on what you got up to in the dream.

I lucid dreamed for a whole ten seconds the other night. First time that's ever hapened.

• DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Years ago I used to have a recurring nightmare with a large floating mask being the antagonist and trying to murder me or something.

Thinking back I'm gonna guess that one Reboot character probably influenced that somehow.

• The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    I was too drunk to dream last night

7656367.jpg
  • BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    Ulises wrote:
    last night i dreamed i was part of a team of math wizards supposed to save the world

but i couldn't remember any maths and thus let everybody down

I love the image of this

the multiplication magician shakes his head disappointedly as the wand of the subtraction sage fizzles out with a puff of smoke

all is lost, thinks the division diviner

• HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Raneados wrote:
    ummmmmm last night I dreamed I had the power to control elements and was being chased by a futuristic police force

also I could jump really high and when i did so, I could smell wine

Last night I dreamed that you finished the video I won for 2011 Child's Play SE++ Auction...which you haven't finished...in like a year

Hunter on
  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Some people have recurring dreams, but has anyone ever had a recurring character in their dreams? A while back there was this old-ish man who kept appearing in mine, sort of what I imagine Roland from The Dark Tower looking like, and who had a giant spider that followed him around. He wasn't threatening at all and the spider was perfectly friendly and liked to ride around on people's backs.

I've got to get around to drawing him some time.

Flay on
  • redheadredhead Registered User regular
    let me tell u what i dreamd about last night it was so waccckkkyyyyy and i am therefore an interesting person

i knew that dude in high school, did you

• MateyMatey see, look how sad i am now give me your wallet.Registered User regular
    I once had a dream that I was on a field trip at Jurassic park

And the dinosaurs got out

Then it started stormin and a trex chased us around and our guide got eaten

pretty much the best dream ever

I had a dream freddy kreuger was my best friend when I was younger

It was awesome and I got SO CROSS with him when he murdered

7656367.jpg
    but why tlb

That's what a Freddy Krueger does

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    as it turns out having PTSD and a history of drug abuse means that not only do you have shitty dreams

sometimes you have full on night terrors where you are sorta incoherently insane for moments after actually waking up

that sure is unpleasant, especially when you share a bed with someone

I was a very domineering best friend to a supernatural serial killer

All trying to change him

7656367.jpg
  • Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    I haven't been able to remember my dreams very well the past month or so. Huh. I generally remember them quite well so I wonder what happened?

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    I had a dream when I was at boot that the plane I was doing my spyin in crashed in iran

The crew died and I was the only one left with sensitive information

It got

Dark

WeedLordVegeta on
    in another dream I accidentally took a pill that would make me unfailingly happy but also had a small chance of killing me outright

I felt like I should be afraid of dying, but I was too happy

you might be falling into a deeper sleep than usual? Or lighter. Can't remember which way it works

• PonyPony Registered User regular

All trying to change him

fists on hips

look of disappointment

"FREEEEEEEDDY! AGAIN?!"

and then he shrugs and smiles with his clawed hand covered in the blood of children

a sitcom comedy music sting hits and the laugh track comes on

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    I had a dream that I had to climb a very tall rope ladder to get to a baseball stadium in the clouds

I made it, eventually.

• MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    I had a dream where my penis was cut off.

I wonder what it meant

sig1.jpg
    Pony wrote:

All trying to change him

fists on hips

look of disappointment

"FREEEEEEEDDY! AGAIN?!"

and then he shrugs and smiles with his clawed hand covered in the blood of children

a sitcom comedy music sting hits and the laugh track comes on

it was pretty much this minus the musical cue and laugh track

7656367.jpg
  • LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    when one of my best friends was a kid, with a loose baby tooth, he had a dream that Freddy Krueger punched him in the mouth.

the tooth was out on his pillow when he woke up.

When I was in high school, I had recurring dreams about zombies chasing me through my old middle school.

Last week I dreamed that I had a daughter and she cried whenever I smoked a cigarette.

Ladai on
    ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Spectre-x wrote:

Depends on what you got up to in the dream.

Ahahah, I just got the implication here. Me so clever.

When I was a kid I had a recurring dream that I was grocery shopping with my grandmother and we would leave the grocery store and then I'd hear someone say my name from a grove of trees nearby and it would be Optimus Prime and he'd say that the Autobots really needed my help and could we leave the groceries in the trunk for a while to give them a hand?

And then we would have adventures.

It was awesome.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    I haven't been able to remember my dreams very well the past month or so. Huh. I generally remember them quite well so I wonder what happened?

There are about five stages of sleep, the last of which is REM, when dreams happen. If you wake naturally from REM sleep (as opposed to being woken by an alarm etc) you're much more likely to remember your dreams and feel better rested. So you' get better sleep, and you're more likely to remember dreams.

At least that's what I've read.

Flay on
    edited November 2011
    the only recurring thing I have in dreams is being too physically weak to fire a gun

show of hands who is surprised gun battles are in lots of my dreams

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    which mod was it that some lurker sent an incredibly long and detailed account of a dream to, entirely unsolicited

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I had a disturbing dream a few days ago. I got into a swordfight with a warrior and I tried to parry his blows, but his swings cut up my arms. The fight suddenly stopped, I looked at all the cuts (there must have been over a dozen and they were very deep) and the blood which was running from them. I woke up as I was wondering whether I was going to bleed to death.

• Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    The first two weeks I got to the dorms I kept dreaming about cats because I missed my grumpy ol' cat from back home. I remember that.

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Does anyone else get dreams where something enjoyable is about to happen but the dream sabotages it out of spite?

Last one I remember like that, I was going to see a movie with a friend but suddenly the movie no longer existed and we didn't know what to do.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I had a similar dream only it wasn't about being physically weak but just not knowing how to fire a weird looking shotgun.

YL9WnCY.png