As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nitronic Rush - Freeware title... SF Rush meets Trackmania with a Tron paint job

NerdtendoNerdtendo Registered User regular
edited November 2011 in Games and Technology
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNuSvuzPL10

Comes out on November 11th.

IHZR47b.png
Nerdtendo on

• Options
    It's out now. I have to wait until I get home to try it.

http://nitronic-rush.com/

IHZR47b.png
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Looks really good, actually.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Wow, I have to say that I'm very impressed with this. Incredibly intense; beating the later levels seems almost like puzzle solving almost as much as just sheer speeding.

The soundtrack and visuals are also rad as hell. Just wish there was a "down" indicator for the levels which have you driving on walls and ceilings; it's pretty easy to forget which way you should have you car oriented when you jump and flip over to contact an overhead/adjacent piece of track.

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Well this looks right up my alley! Does the action get any faster than that? I'm used to a Wipeout level of intensity

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    As far as I know, the speed doesn't really go up later. However, the difficulty goes WAY up on the Hardcore levels. So much so that that the regular story mode is basically just an extensive training mode; I'm talking totally crazy crap like having to switch driving surfaces on the fly and accounting for which way you're oriented before jumping off the road so you don't plummet to your death.

So maybe not Wipeout speed, but I'd say the tracks are lot more frantic. Definitely not stuff I was expecting in a racing game, but I can deal with pleasant suprises.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    man this looks neat
    cool music too

• Options
    SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    I'm assuming this doesn't have any multiplayer. Is that correct?

• Options
    No true multiplayer as of right now, but there's a sort of pseudo-multiplayer going on. You can upload the ghosts of your runs to a scoreboard, and compete against other ghosts. I'm hoping for a multiplayer mode in the future as well. And, considering that it saves your ghosts, I'd love to see a replay feature.

This is an amazingly well done game so far. I'm very happy with it, especially for the money I spent on it!

IHZR47b.png
  • Options
    PoultryGeistPoultryGeist The Ghostly Chicken Registered User regular
    This is just crazy fun. Not sure how long it'll keep me engaged though, it feels a little samey after a while.

IcdplGM.png
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I'm hoping for some serious continued support, either by the devs or on the modding side of things. More vehicles, more game modes.. etc.

I mean, this game just screams for a light cycle mode!

Nerdtendo on
    IHZR47b.png
  • Options
    SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    this game is fucking insane

• Options
    MangarooMangaroo LondonRegistered User regular
    This game is really fun, especially if you like trackmania / wipeout or any futuristic super fast time trial racers - AND you can barrel roll while flying through the levels. Be sure to playthrough first on Story mode (not the story levels on arcade mode) to unlock the thing. Also it is free. I guess it is not super fast but the wall riding does add an interesting challenge. Reasonably fast.