Options

Occup--Blow Up Wall Street [MWW3 Thread] Join the Fraternity of the Riot Shield today!

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I'll admit I don't go crazy for most online multiplayer, and MW2's was fun but not addictively so
    So I think I'll just give MW3 a rent for the campaign, because I honestly love the campaigns in these games

I love feeling like I'm in a totally balls-crazy action movie

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    So I think this is me going to the game store and buying this game

right now

yep

• Options
    tech_huntertech_hunter More SeattleRegistered User regular
    There did seem to be some server issues last night, quite a bit of lag. What is kind of weird though is sometimes to me it seemed the lag would only affect certain areas of the map. If I went into some areas shit got crazy but if I stayed away from that area it didn't seem as bad. Or it could just be coincidence but something weird I saw though on one map if you look up in the sky there are birds just flapping in place. So maybe something is up with the maps themselves the net code or who knows. I wouldn't be surprised if I go home tonight and there is an "update" waiting

Sig to mucho Grande!
  • Options
    tech_huntertech_hunter More SeattleRegistered User regular
    Oh Also I am greatmoon0 on the 360 if people want to shoot Mans with me. I am on the west coast.

Sig to mucho Grande!
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Blind Eye is the 'avoid sentries/choppers' part of Ghost and is a blue perk

Assassin is the 'don't show up with UAVs (and a host of other things) part

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    That shocker scene gets dumber the more you think of it.
    how the hell is the aftermath of the eastern seaboard getting flattened by the Russians a good time for a family vacation?

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    how the hell is the aftermath of the eastern seaboard getting flattened by the Russians a good time for a family vacation?
    I'd imagine they had been on vacation since before the war started?

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    They say it's day 3 of their vacation

• Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular

Look, stop trying to poke holes in the story. A 13 year old spent a lot of time writing this.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    What I want to know is

Why Makarov sounds like that

I get that he didn't want to sound Russian for No Russian in MW2, but why does he still sound all nasaly in this game?

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    xbox live: Alwatts

(l = lower case L)

• Options

Look, stop trying to poke holes in the story. A 13 year old spent a lot of time writing this.

Hey, I was fine with most of the campaign, just sayin'

• Options
    So, just beat the story. That was pretty rad!

• Options
    Moriveth wrote:
    So, just beat the story. That was pretty rad!
    The part with the juggernaut suits was exactly as ridiculous as I was hoping the ending would be.

And hey, actual closure!

• Options
    I think the closure was the part that shocked me the most. Like Giant Bomb's review said, nowadays games never have closure!

Now, who wants to team up with me for some Very Special Ops?

• Options
    I have a couple of hours before work, gamertag is my forum name

I don't know how it will handle my Australian connection, but there's only one way to find out!

• Options
    I have to leave in 15 minutes, unfortunately!

• Options
    That was some fun times, Mori, we'll have to do it again.

• Options
    Yes! Sorry I could only play for a few minutes.

• Options
    That's fine, I went downstairs before I saw your post.

• Options
    Anyone up for Special Ops? If you're down, Luigi, I'd be down to play, but I think you're at work.

• Options
    I'm not at work yet, but I'm taking a break/I don't want to lose track of time

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Special Ops is fun and all but damn I wish the regular campaign were available for co-op

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular

Hey, I was fine with most of the campaign, just sayin'
    They might not live in the US.

The part that bugged me is that you can see the driver hauling balls out away from the truck and nobody notices.

And by bugged, I mean I found it to be kind of morosely hilarious.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Uh, you guys are aware that
    That part didn't take place anywhere in the US, right?

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Moriveth wrote:
    Uh, you guys are aware that
    That part didn't take place anywhere in the US, right?
    Yeah, but I doubt anybody from the US would be flying anywhere with the East Coast under siege.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Okay, see, I assumed you knew that

but I wasn't sure
    Maybe they were Canadian or something

who'd attack Canada

• Options
    Moriveth wrote:

but I wasn't sure

who'd attack Canada
    DO NOT DIVULGE OPERATION BURNING MAPLE.

NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    I fended off a Pave Low with a riot shield today. Not once, but 15 times he tried to shoot me. First from the front, then above, then behind. Nothing got through. I had people running away in fear of my shield. Today I became a man among children.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Are there any character customization options? I wish more shooter games would make your character a character, instead of a pair of arms.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote:

but I wasn't sure

who'd attack Canada
    DO NOT DIVULGE OPERATION BURNING MAPLE.

NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
    Pig War

War Plan Red.

Fallout.

The USA never has entirely forgiven Canada for the whole War of 1812 thing.

• Options
    Level 10 Riot Shield. YES.

• Options

You are the problem.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options

You are the problem.

No, no. Campers are the disease. And I am the cure.

Also, riot shield paired with akimbo machine pistols makes for perfection on Kill Confirmed mode. Kill, then swap out the shield to guard while you go for tags. Or just keep it out to distract while your teammates swoop in for the kills.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    People Escaping in Helicopters: The Game

That was rather enjoyable.

• Options

You are the problem.

Also, riot shield paired with akimbo machine pistols makes for perfection on Kill Confirmed mode. Kill, then swap out the shield to guard while you go for tags. Or just keep it out to distract while your teammates swoop in for the kills.

Yeah, I saw this set up more than once earlier tonight.

Really irritating, but that may have been the guy jumping thirty feet at once to hit me in the face.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options

You are the problem.

Yeah, I saw this set up more than once earlier tonight.

Really irritating, but that may have been the guy jumping thirty feet at once to hit me in the face.

That was me. Sorry.

• Options
    Oh awesome, I unlocked hardcore mode.

All is right with the world once again.

• Options
    I love the upgrade to shield bash speed so much

• Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    it seems easier to get your feet shot when you're shielding in this one. and the melee range really should be increased for shield

the animation leaves you insanely exposed. and the person you hit recovers so damn fast

ETqXK.png