Options

Occup--Blow Up Wall Street [MWW3 Thread] Join the Fraternity of the Riot Shield today!

• Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    Futore wrote:
    it seems easier to get your feet shot when you're shielding in this one. and the melee range really should be increased for shield

the animation leaves you insanely exposed. and the person you hit recovers so damn fast

A) Crouch

B) If you get to level 5 on the shield you can get an upgrade that speeds up the melee attack.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    At one point during the paris mission I just said out loud
    "Okay seriously guys stop throwing grenades at me.

I'm just here to watch the Eiffel Tower blow up."

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Jacques L'HommeJacques L'Homme BAH! He was a rank amateur compared to, DR. COLOSSUS!Registered User regular
    So great fun, but what the point of intel if you're not going to give me awesome shit for finding it?

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Man. I really love the muti for this game. Considering trading in BF3 and some other games to get it.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Hey, Mori, I have the day off so I promise I will pull myself away from Skyrim if you feel like some Spec Ops. If you see me online just chuck me an invite.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    MW3 SP ending observation:
    I'm really glad the MW3 single player has a good ending and not... whatever the fuck that Black Ops ending was.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    so this is my first ps3 multiplayer game and i have to say the ps3 multiplayer stuff is garbage

i really miss cross-game party chat

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    Hey, Mori, I have the day off so I promise I will pull myself away from Skyrim if you feel like some Spec Ops. If you see me online just chuck me an invite.

Unfortunately I returned my copy to Redbox, but I might trade in some games at Gamestop and get MW3 through credit.

• Options
    MetacortexMetacortex The Prettiest Zombie Coeur d'CoeursRegistered User regular
    Hey, so you know what it still pretty shitty? Player to player connections.

4FNao2T.png
  • Options
    MetacortexMetacortex The Prettiest Zombie Coeur d'CoeursRegistered User regular
    I guess I need to teach myself to not care about stats, since they have no bearing on your skill, but rather on how often the connection wants to help the other team more than you.

4FNao2T.png
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote:

Unfortunately I returned my copy to Redbox, but I might trade in some games at Gamestop and get MW3 through credit.

Cool, let me know if you do.

• Options
    So I traded in BF3 and some other games to get this. As I walked out of the store a homeless dude asked me if I had a quarter. Not having one, I said no. Then he asked if I had $20. I didn't, so I said no to that too.

Then he said "Well buy a fuckin' comb!" and walked back to behind the store.

I am the 1%

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote:
    So I traded in BF3 and some other games to get this. As I walked out of the store a homeless dude asked me if I had a quarter. Not having one, I said no. Then he asked if I had $20. I didn't, so I said no to that too.

Then he said "Well buy a fuckin' comb!" and walked back to behind the store.

I am the 1%

that's wonderful

• Options
    Yeah. It really was.

Dude at Gamestop tried to get me to go for CoD Elite. I do like the idea of it (well, basically the idea of saving money on map packs) but I'm gonna see how much time I spend playing multiplayer

only thing that blows about waiting is that if I don't sign up by tomorrow I don't get the first access stuff... Which is probably a bunch of bullshit anyway.

• Options
    I still can't decide if I want this or not. I need to play it first I guess. I need a game to play! Saints Row the Third will be here soon, but I really want a shoot jerks in the face online shooter game. I ragequit Black Ops for good this time I mean it a few weeks ago and haven't played it since, and there is hardly anyone playing Brink anymore.

Brink's character customization, weapons, movement and combat were all amazing, but the lack of multiple game types really put a lot of people off. And the maps were not that great. I think it did OK for a new shooter. Too bad the PSN Outage removed half of its potential buyers.

• Options
    Well personally, I vastly prefer the multiplayer in CoD to something like Battlefield

but I also bet Battlefield is way more fun multiplayer on the PC

• Options
    The movement in Black Ops really felt like you were a pair of arms rollerskating. There was no sense of your arms being attached to a body or having any weight or anything. Which was odd, but I acclimated.

I heard that BF3 has a good sense of weight and motion, so that intrigues me.

How does movement feel in MW3?

• Options
    It feels like MW2 to me

so, I dunno, I think it feels fine

I think my problem with BF3 is that it is a much slower game than MW3 is

MW3 is all BANG BANG YOU'RE DEAD RESPAWN TRY AGAIN

BF3 is SPAWN GO TO THE POINT SHOOT AT A GUY YOU'RE DEAD WAIT FOR A FEW SECONDS TO RESPAWN TRY AGAIN

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    feels a lot like MW2

• Options
    I still can't log into my Elite account (they've publicly admitted Elite is having issues) so I would hold off for the moment.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I'm hearing the campaign for this is about 6 hours
    Is this about right?

• Options
    That sounds about right for me (I did it on hard), although Jeff from Giantbomb said he did it in 4 and a half on normal.

And I just noticed the thread title change <3

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    The movement in Black Ops really felt like you were a pair of arms rollerskating. There was no sense of your arms being attached to a body or having any weight or anything. Which was odd, but I acclimated.

I heard that BF3 has a good sense of weight and motion, so that intrigues me.

How does movement feel in MW3?

I do not know why you would get this if you don't enjoy black ops anymore. It is just the next iteration, it is very very similar.

Also gg, it is about that long, maybe a tiny bit longer

Edit: or shorter

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I think he said four and a half, it was last night I was listening to the Bombcast.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    Yeah I think difficulty and how often you displays into how long it is. The campaigns in these games are generally on the shorter side

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    I'm thinking about grabbing it at Redbox and knocking out the campaign in a day or so and then I can let Arkham City consume my soul and become my waking existence

• Options
    Yeah, dumb 'shocking moment' aside, the campaign has honest to god closure. Plus I liked all the vehicle and turret stuff, mainly because I spend enough time shooting dudes with a regular gun in the multiplayer.

• Options
    I hadn't even heard about this moment until you guys mentioned it in here, though I still haven't read what it actually is

I assume it's like the airport mission in MW2 where people made a big deal about it and then when I played it I was like, hmm, I guess you can get riled about that, if you want

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote:
    I hadn't even heard about this moment until you guys mentioned it in here, though I still haven't read what it actually is

I assume it's like the airport mission in MW2 where people made a big deal about it and then when I played it I was like, hmm, I guess you can get riled about that, if you want

Don't know if you care about spoilers, but I'll tag this one anyway.

Basically a truck blows up and kills a family of three on vacation, then spills out a shitton of nerve gas.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    I am strongly tempted by Elite because it sounds like a good value

of course that value is lost if I don't use it

• Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    what the hell is Elite?

I thought it was like Halo Waypoint

ETqXK.png
  • Options
    It's kinda like that too, but you can also pay $50 and get all the map packs and DLC for the next 9 months.

Which, if Activision's map pack pricing for MW2 is to be believed, will end up saving you like $50 or something

• Options
    and you certainly better hope they put out enough maps to warrant it, huh?

ETqXK.png
  • Options
    callofdutyelite.png

• Options
    Elite tv AND leveling up my clan?

ETqXK.png
  • Options
    Honestly the only thing that interests me there is the DLC

• Options
    Nooooooo all the Redboxes are out of stock

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Moriveth wrote:
    It feels like MW2 to me

so, I dunno, I think it feels fine

I think my problem with BF3 is that it is a much slower game than MW3 is

MW3 is all BANG BANG YOU'RE DEAD RESPAWN TRY AGAIN

BF3 is SPAWN GO TO THE POINT SHOOT AT A GUY YOU'RE DEAD WAIT FOR A FEW SECONDS TO RESPAWN TRY AGAIN

hmm

I had... some fun with Black Ops, and that was the COD game I played. I never played any Battlefield games.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Battlefield 3 is great on the pc but the smaller map size and 24 player limit vs 64 is a big deal.

So if you are gaming on a console, modern warfare might be the way to go.

But yeah it plays a whole lot like black ops

• Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote:
    It's kinda like that too, but you can also pay $50 and get all the map packs and DLC for the next 9 months.

Which, if Activision's map pack pricing for MW2 is to be believed, will end up saving you like $50 or something

Just FYI you might want to wait on paying for Elite. The service has been down since launch and Activision has been giving people a free month in return. So until the service actually becomes reliable, I'd hold off.