Options

Occup--Blow Up Wall Street [MWW3 Thread] Join the Fraternity of the Riot Shield today!

12357

Posts

  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Oh yeah, I'm not signing up just yet. I'm guessing that when you sign up for Elite you get all the previous map packs retroactively?

  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Yep

    http://www.callofduty.com/elite/toolbar/faq
    We want all premium members to have equal access to Call of Duty ELITE DLC. Whenever you join Call of Duty ELITE premium membership, you will have immediate access to all the DLC that has been released to date for your platform. As new content is released, it will be made available to you every month, during the applicable DLC term.

  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Awesome.

    I'll probably end up getting Elite, but I wish I had a better idea of what the DLC will be. New game modes sound awesome, as well as new special ops stuff! Hopefully they can balance it with multiplayer maps too.

  • Options
    the Professorthe Professor PONY ROMNEY DOES NOT CARE PONY ROMNEY WILL CUT YOUR FUNDINGRegistered User regular
    Haha oh wow.

    Just saw MW3's metacritic page.

    The Butthurtfield 3 fanboy tears are practically floating the entire webpage.

    They really did a number, there.

  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I think MW3 is certainly the better console game, but BF3 is better on PC.

    They really are vastly different experiences, though.

  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote:
    Awesome.

    I'll probably end up getting Elite, but I wish I had a better idea of what the DLC will be. New game modes sound awesome, as well as new special ops stuff! Hopefully they can balance it with multiplayer maps too.

    Who knows, my money is on a small number of maps and title/emblem stuff.

  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    It does say on the Elite page that the DLC includes new special ops stuff, gameplay modes, and so on.

  • Options
    the Professorthe Professor PONY ROMNEY DOES NOT CARE PONY ROMNEY WILL CUT YOUR FUNDINGRegistered User regular
    The sad thing is that I actually like Butthurtfield 3. It's not a bad game, by any means.

    Secondly, the complaining about COD feeling far too 'light and floaty' makes fuck-all sense to a Quake III Team Arena veteran like myself.

    But that's me. I still play Quake III, Unreal Tournament, and Counter-Strike 1.5.

  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Man calling it Butthurtfield 3 is one of the goosiest things you can do

  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote:
    It does say on the Elite page that the DLC includes new special ops stuff, gameplay modes, and so on.

    Oh right, I'd forgotten about that

  • Options
    the Professorthe Professor PONY ROMNEY DOES NOT CARE PONY ROMNEY WILL CUT YOUR FUNDINGRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote:
    Man calling it Butthurtfield 3 is one of the goosiest things you can do

    fascinating

  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    doop doop got this at redbox to play the single player

    it was pretty alright

    might hop online since i've got it for the night and all

  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I enjoyed the single player, but I played it on Recruit so I got to just sit back and enjoy the spectacle most of the time.

  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    The Metacritic user's page for this game just reads like a litany of mankind's greatest sins.

    Which is made even worse by the big honking green number right next to it that basically proclaims all those people to be liars.

    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I was gonna say if it's all 5-star reviews that would be ridiculous

    but an 89 overall

    yeah, that's about what I'd give it

    it's still a really good game, it still works

    but it is kinda just more of the same

  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    I mean, there's not really much you can do to change the formula without altering the scheme of the game completely.

    Besides, CoD doesn't really have a formula that needs overmuch tweaking; it's solid as is.

    Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I did love how much they use the Modern Warfare tropes in this game, though

    like, you do the whole breach-and-slow-motion thing at least five times, if not more

    and there's a part where the person you play as dies at the end of the mission!

  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    And then you shot that guy?

    That was sick.

    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote:
    I did love how much they use the Modern Warfare tropes in this game, though

    like, you do the whole breach-and-slow-motion thing at least five times, if not more

    and there's a part where the person you play as dies at the end of the mission!

    This is my only complaint with the Modern Warfare series. They did it in MW1. It was shocking. Now its just something I'm expecting.

  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Karl wrote:
    Moriveth wrote:
    I did love how much they use the Modern Warfare tropes in this game, though

    like, you do the whole breach-and-slow-motion thing at least five times, if not more

    and there's a part where the person you play as dies at the end of the mission!

    This is my only complaint with the Modern Warfare series. They did it in MW1. It was shocking. Now its just something I'm expecting.

    I think part of the problem was that they did all this crazy stuff so they feel they have to keep doing it because that's what people expect.

    I mean, it's weird, the game is still really good! It's just not as good as, say, MW2 because it's not as fresh.

  • Options
    YoSoyTheWalrusYoSoyTheWalrus Registered User regular
    I think they upped the craziness ante enough. Shooting terrorists while you float in mid air like some shit out of Inception falls under the "fresh" category for me personally

    tumblr_mvlywyLVys1qigwg9o1_250.png
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    They did.

    Out of curiosity, would anybody care to start a clan in this? I realize clans are dumb but hell, if it makes it easier for everyone to play together.

    That's assuming CoD Elite ever actually works, of course.

  • Options
    the Professorthe Professor PONY ROMNEY DOES NOT CARE PONY ROMNEY WILL CUT YOUR FUNDINGRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote:
    They did.

    Out of curiosity, would anybody care to start a clan in this? I realize clans are dumb but hell, if it makes it easier for everyone to play together.

    That's assuming CoD Elite ever actually works, of course.


    I'm down. Let's call ourselves WEED or KUSH or 420 so that we will be totally unable to differentiate ourselves.

    How about WANG?

  • Options
    the Professorthe Professor PONY ROMNEY DOES NOT CARE PONY ROMNEY WILL CUT YOUR FUNDINGRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    I think they upped the craziness ante enough. Shooting terrorists while you float in mid air like some shit out of Inception falls under the "fresh" category for me personally
    Moriveth wrote:
    Karl wrote:
    Moriveth wrote:
    I did love how much they use the Modern Warfare tropes in this game, though

    like, you do the whole breach-and-slow-motion thing at least five times, if not more

    and there's a part where the person you play as dies at the end of the mission!

    This is my only complaint with the Modern Warfare series. They did it in MW1. It was shocking. Now its just something I'm expecting.

    I think part of the problem was that they did all this crazy stuff so they feel they have to keep doing it because that's what people expect.

    I mean, it's weird, the game is still really good! It's just not as good as, say, MW2 because it's not as fresh.

    Dude, how could you guys forget the grand-fucking-daddy of all the tropes, the one that's a staple of all war fiction, that made me squeal internally with joy...

    LAST MAG!!!!

    oh shi-

    and then I was like GOTFY

    the Professor on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote:
    They did.

    Out of curiosity, would anybody care to start a clan in this? I realize clans are dumb but hell, if it makes it easier for everyone to play together.

    That's assuming CoD Elite ever actually works, of course.

    I still can't log in :V

  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote:
    They did.

    Out of curiosity, would anybody care to start a clan in this? I realize clans are dumb but hell, if it makes it easier for everyone to play together.

    That's assuming CoD Elite ever actually works, of course.

    I still can't log in :V

    Yeah, I tried it just now.

    I do hope it works eventually, because it's a neat idea! A lot of the stuff I like about it is free, too.

  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote:
    Moriveth wrote:
    They did.

    Out of curiosity, would anybody care to start a clan in this? I realize clans are dumb but hell, if it makes it easier for everyone to play together.

    That's assuming CoD Elite ever actually works, of course.

    I still can't log in :V

    Yeah, I tried it just now.

    I do hope it works eventually, because it's a neat idea! A lot of the stuff I like about it is free, too.

    I don't know what time it is over there, but are you interested in some more Specs Ops stuff?

  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    It's about 3 PM, but I gotta get some stuff done, and after that Rachel's gonna be playing some Skyrim. Perhaps... Wednesday? It's seeming like I'm gonna be out most of tomorrow afternoon too.

  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I'll probably be at work around then, we'll find a time that's convenient for both of us.

  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote:
    They did.

    Out of curiosity, would anybody care to start a clan in this? I realize clans are dumb but hell, if it makes it easier for everyone to play together.

    That's assuming CoD Elite ever actually works, of course.


    I'm down. Let's call ourselves WEED or KUSH or 420 so that we will be totally unable to differentiate ourselves.

    How about WANG?

    There is only one clan:

    [>:3]

  • Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    Hey gents, feel free to add me to the OP (gamertag: sleuth of bears)

    This game's fun, but extremely aggravating on the maps I have less command over. Once you start to understand spots and routes it gets a bit better, but maps like [Mission] and [Downturn] are still just me getting repeatedly shot from unknown vectors.

    Quick TDM top 5 maps:
    5) Arkaden
    4) Fallen
    3) Hardhat
    2) Bakaara
    1) Interchange

    Aaand the bottom 5:
    5) Bootleg
    4) Carbon
    3) Seatown
    2) Mission
    1) Dome

    FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Veteran campaign run is done, just intel left to do now.

    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Yessssss, got this at Redbox today finally

  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    I need to do Spec Ops, but...Skyrim.

  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I need to do Spec Ops, but...Skyrim.

    Yup! I think my coworker wants to do Spec Ops or at the very least play multiplayer with me

    but we're both busy playing Skyrim

  • Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    I'm down for spec ops, but kinda in the same boat. . .skyrim.

    I wrapped up the quest on friday since I had the day off.

    Playing that last mission on veteran, there were several times I contemplated taking the disc out and smashing it.

  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Heh, "Butthurtfield 3"

    They are different games that both do things well.

    I prefer the other one because I like certain things about it!

    Having people in battlefield say "Go back to CoD, noob" is really stupid though.

    So, people on the internet are dumb on all sides, I am shocked.

    But man the campaign to give it all 0s. That is so dumb. Yes it was similar to all the other yearly releases of modern warfare, but it was still fairly solid, mechanically. There are so many other games deserving of low, low scores.

    Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    But yeah Skyrim is better than both and is demanding all my attention

    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Artreus wrote:
    Heh, "Butthurtfield 3"

    They are different games that both do things well.

    I prefer the other one because I like certain things about it!

    Having people in battlefield say "Go back to CoD, noob" is really stupid though.

    So, people on the internet are dumb on all sides, I am shocked.

    But man the campaign to give it all 0s. That is so dumb. Yes it was similar to all the other yearly releases of modern warfare, but it was still fairly solid, mechanically. There are so many other games deserving of low, low scores.

    Yeah

    I mean I think I like MW3's multiplayer better but to each their own

    BF3's multiplayer just didn't click for me, and I bet a lot of that is from playing the 360 version over the PC version

    but man

    the multiplayer in both are both pretty good

  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Artreus wrote:
    But yeah Skyrim is better than both and is demanding all my attention

    More like The Elder Balls 5: Skyrimjob

    the multiplayer sucks in that game

Sign In or Register to comment.