As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ache[chat]

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Winky wrote:
    never ever re-read your diaries dudes. never.

Ugh, I have a blog somewhere. It is super embarrassing.

Though it almost got me laid.
    I learnt perl to ensure that my livejournal was destroyed. It was the only way.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote:
    FroThulhu wrote:
    DIS STEAK

Uggghh fooooood

Why is it 2 in the morning

No one is open at 2 in the morning

ihop/dennys

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I can definitely affirm how deeply people appreciate it when you actively pursue "getting" them. There are four people I spend a great measure of effort understanding as best I can, and I get thanked for that understanding and concern on a regular basis.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    Winky wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    Winky wrote:
    Like "He should just know" is a line I have heard spoken unironically in far too many instances.

while your point is received, there are some things you should know and if you can't intuit my basic expectations and feelings after we've known one another for a while and i've made an effort to understand and become receptive to your nuances- then yeah fuck you

while i'm angry, at least

Yeah, I suppose I get your point.

But I think there's definitely got to be a limit to how much you can expect someone to intuit about your emotions no matter how close you are to them.

well yes obviously if you're walking with them and you wave at an old friend and it turns out she is furious because that old friend was wearing a blue jacket and that was the color of her ex's car and he broke her heart... fine.

but too often this entire caveman-ish complaint- JUST GIVE ME THE PROBLEM SO I CAN FIX IT, I DON'T WANT TO BE INTELLECTUALLY OR EMOTIONALLY ACTIVE IN OUR RELATIONSHIP- is because of something ridiculously insensitive and preventable.

It's funny because that first bit actually totally reminds me of my friend's mom/my mom's friend. The woman has just gotten to the point where she has pushed every single person in her life away from her because everything they do can be a perceived slight against her. Everyone was constantly walking on eggshells because every time you forgot to bend over backwards for her you were hurting her emotionally. Everyone in her life was doing the whole "failing a test they didn't know they were taking" thing constantly.

All in all, though, I agree with you. I think that both extremes of that are just totally awful.

• Options
    Winky wrote:
    never ever re-read your diaries dudes. never.

Ugh, I have a blog somewhere. It is super embarrassing.

Though it almost got me laid.

i feel really bad

because i think i had a better grasp of grammar and words when I was younger. cept i was a whiny bitch also.

hm.

Yeah, it's interesting when you see something you had written and you're like "this is actually really clever and elegantly stated but holy fuck my opinions were terrrrible".

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I have thought of a time travel story!

A McCarthyist Anti-Communist travels back in time to kill Lenin and Stalin, only to face an obstacle from himself from the timeline where he succeeds, where he grew up to be a hardline Communist and travelled back in time to rescue Lenin and Stalin.

• Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    So I guess my GP practice has no appointments today.

Instead doctor will call me and I will get telephone appointment to be diagnosed, then I'll probably have to stop by the practice and pick up any prescription given to me.

• Options
    Incenjucar wrote:
    I can definitely affirm how deeply people appreciate it when you actively pursue "getting" them. There are four people I spend a great measure of effort understanding as best I can, and I get thanked for that understanding and concern on a regular basis.

I can attest that I have had a lot of relationships in the past that were extremely strong because I insist on playing psychologist with my best friends :P.

• Options
    I'm not entirely certain how this saves time but I'm sure it does because otherwise they wouldn't do it.

• Options
    Daxon wrote:
    I'm not entirely certain how this saves time but I'm sure it does because otherwise they wouldn't do it.

It saves them the time they would have to spend thinking up a better system.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Daxon wrote:

they don't have to see your ugly mug quite as long as they would if you had to explain your symptoms in person :9

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    @So It Goes
    So It Goes wrote:
    wandering wrote:
    A couple years ago I was shocked to find out that my old high school science teacher - the best teacher I've ever had - had a sexual relationship with at least one of his students.

It never occurred to me that I should report this to anybody.

According to his facebook page he's still teaching.

yes, that should be reported. how did you find out?
    Way back when, my teacher told his wife what happened. His wife flipped out, and went around telling people. The teacher came up to the administrator of the school and said "I wanted to tell you this before my wife did. Years ago, at my old school, I was in this relationship with one of my students." According to him, "she was 17" and he "had her parents' permission."

He was fired. And his wife divorced him.

The administrator was my mother, and she told me.

I didn't know what to think. I mean I worshiped that guy. We attended his wedding, when I was his student. If you gave me the choice between being taught by him and being taught by Carl Sagan, I'd have chosen my teacher. I found myself going "well okay that's bad, but is it really bad bad? 18 is just an arbitrary number right? They're relaxed about that kind of thing in Europe right? "

And then my mother told me she noticed that the teacher spent a lot of alone time with one of my classmates: Kathy. And my mother said she wondered if maybe that's why Kathy is so messed up.

(Kathy has had like three different babies that she can't afford with three different men. But her issues could be totally unrelated to her relationship with her teacher, if she had a relationship with him. I mean who knows.)

(Kathy isn't her real name.)

• Options
    Mostly that teacher story is a bit sad.

Guy can't find anyone his own age to relate to.

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular

A McCarthyist Anti-Communist travels back in time to kill Lenin and Stalin, only to face an obstacle from himself from the timeline where he succeeds, where he grew up to be a hardline Communist and travelled back in time to rescue Lenin and Stalin.

or, faced with the trials of Revolutionary Russia and the perfidy of the Germans the time traveller gradually finds himself aiding and supporting the Party

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    Well phone doctor person agrees with my self-diagnosis and she said she wanted to give antibiotics

although she did actually offer for me to come in and have it genuinely examined by her just to make sure it was but I was all "nah, it's fine - I know it's tonsillitis"

SO WOOP WOOP MEDICATION IS ON ITS WAY AND I SHALL GET BETTER SOON.

• Options
    Kalkino wrote:

or, faced with the trials of Revolutionary Russia and the perfidy of the Germans the time traveller gradually finds himself aiding and supporting the Party

Nah, the "I grow to support the organization I sought to destroy from within" thing has been done. I'm more interested in the time paradox of it.

I've figured out the twist:
    In their fight they kill so many people and screw up the timeline so badly, a third version of him with no strong political affiliation comes along and arrests them.

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Your twist is good but the original idea has also been done, IIRC.

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Oh wow, Giantbomb is Marathoning Morrowind and Oblivion

• Options
    I want to learn how to breakdance.

But I don't have any space to do it in :(.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote:

Everyone else does it on the street why not you?

• Options
    Daxon wrote:
    Mostly that teacher story is a bit sad.

Guy can't find anyone his own age to relate to.
    Facts about my teacher: he liked playing Magic The Gathering with his students, he met his wife in some kind of online game or chatroom or something, and he had a Goofy tattoo.

• Options
    Winky wrote:

It's fine and all to breakdance on the street when you're good at it.

And not white.

• Options
    My mother told the co-owner of the school and my mother said "we have to fire him."

And the owner said "No we can't fire him, that teacher basically is this school."

"We have to fire him, are you crazy?"

And the owner said, indignantly, "Well if you want to fire him you'd better fire the Spanish teacher, too, because he's having sex with my daughter!"

• Options
    (the spanish teacher was like a college student though so that's not so bad.)

• Options
    I need a shower but our shower is shit and doesn't work properly.

Seriously annoying as fuck.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Winky wrote:
    Winky wrote:

It's fine and all to breakdance on the street when you're good at it.

And not white.

Your uni has a breakdancing society surely? Join up. Learn to do gainers and shit. Roll deep in the ladies.

• Options
    GalahadGalahad Registered User regular
    Whelp, I just threw up.

Been kind of sick since yesterday.

No time to sleep. Luckily nothing in my system but coffee and soup. *looks at clock* bleh

Science is fun kids. :/

• Options
    Space Australia has a tie between option 3 and 4 (and there's only a one vote lead of E over F). Could one of you gents break the tie?

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Reading a Guardian interview with Jerry Sadowitz. I forgot how amazing his act is. This is the beginning to a gig in Montreal, during which an audience member punched him.
    You know what I hate about this country? Half of you speak French and the other half let them.

• Options
    Hmm, yesterday Gavin Hewitt made the observation that the central authorities of the EU seem to be riding roughshod over local democratically elected officials.

I dunno how accurate phrasing the situation in that way is, but I do get a similar vibe. I expect the EU to be altered a lot in the next few years.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Haha. I see Rick Perry is taking Republican admiration for Reagan to new heights by pretending to have alzheimers.

• Options
    Getting bored with this whole "irregular heartbeat" thing. :?

• Options
    There's something I don't get: I got some penalty points for speeding in 2008, so I sent away my license and they were recorded. Checking the law, I discovered they expired earlier this year. Great! Except that they can't be expunged from my license until next year.

What?

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    dat GOP debate

dat. GOP. debate

debate GOP dat

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    My heart skips a beat sometimes. It feels weird!

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    The priest who married my parents is in prison for pedophilia, as is the high school science teacher who inspired my brother to pursue biology in college.

• Options
    wandering wrote:
    My heart skips a beat sometimes. It feels weird!

It's been happening a lot over the last week. The doctor took a blood sample and ECG and advised me to cut out caffeine. We'll see what happens.

• Options
    Lady EriLady Eri Registered User regular
    Tav wrote:
    The priest who married my parents is in prison for pedophilia, as is the high school science teacher who inspired my brother to pursue biology in college.

Alabama?

• Options
    Lady EriLady Eri Registered User regular
    dat GOP debate

dat. GOP. debate

debate GOP dat

I want to put them all in front of a QualiaSoup video so bad. Except Huntsman, he's decent.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Lady Eri wrote:
    Tav wrote:

Alabama?
    Dublin.

This discussion has been closed.