As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Skyrim [PC] and my HDTV

zfleemanzfleeman Registered User regular
edited November 2011 in Games and Technology
Hi all,

I built my PC a month ago to enjoy Skyrim to the fullest. I'm a fan of Bethesda games, but have always heard that their true home is on the PC. Whether or not this is true is probably subjective and the cause of a lot of flame wars, so we won't get into that here. I just built the computer for kicks, and to see how different the game would look with higher settings. I fully intended on displaying the game on my Samsung UN55D6000 HDTV and playing with my 360 controller, but after clowning around with the television a bit, I can't seem to get an optimal display. My only remaining issue with displaying the game on my television is the screen flickering.

My computer has two GTX560 cards SLI'd and I'm using a mini HDMI to HDMI cord that reaches my TV. After running around a bit, I can't get over how the screen flickers after movement. It's not a huge amount, but if I pan the screen, you can definitely tell that flickering exists in darker areas of the screen. Are there any settings that you recommend I play with to fix this issue? Is the idea of playing this game on my HDTV a bad idea? Have any of you experienced similar issues? I could easily play this game on my monitor, but I would really like the HDTV option to work out.

Let me know if I need to clarify any issues, or if there is a better place to post this question. I'm a tad new to the forums.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

zfleeman on

• Options
    lu tzelu tze Sweeping the monestary steps.Registered User regular
    Sounds like a sync issue to me.

Is v-sync turned on? Does your TV have any fancy settings that could be affecting its refresh rate?

World's best janitor
  • Options
    zfleemanzfleeman Registered User regular
    For those who find this later, turning the 'sharpness' setting all the way down fixed the issue I was having. Never saw that coming.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    We have a Skyrim full of people willing to help you out. You can also head to the Tech Tavern for general PC help. Last, but not least, Help & Advice is a general place to ask questions.

Good luck with Skyrim, regardless of what you end up playing it on.

YL9WnCY.png
This discussion has been closed.